Author Topic: Making a 'raw paleo diet' facebook fan page?  (Read 8309 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Making a 'raw paleo diet' facebook fan page?
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:32 am »
I've seen a lot of facebook fan pages for the specific carbohydrate diet. I thought it would be good for there to be a raw paleo fan page on facebook to get more attention to this diet.

What do you guys think?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Making a 'raw paleo diet' facebook fan page?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:11:17 am »
i will make one.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:14 am »
i will make one.

Sweet. Keep us posted. I'd like to become a fan and comment.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:45:43 am »
Meaningless. Besides, facebook will likely die out in a few years, like other social media sites.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:43:09 am »
God tyler, you are such a curmudgeon sometimes! last time I check (6.5 seconds ago lol) it is thriving. What a great idea boss, can't believe we didn't think about that sooner! Ditto GS, let me know so I can 'like' it and discuss on there too!

Facebook will be a PHENOMENAL outlet for raw paleo/RVAF info and will draw in a shitload of people who search out the insanely popular 'paleo diet'. Then they will be like wtf, where am I, when they see us talking about raw meat and either want to know more, or go away crying, either way is cool.

The difference with facebook is that we are farrrr more likely to get exposure on there than we are on google, because the amount of 'paleo' search results are going to be way less than on google, upping our chances of being 'liked'.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 03:57:06 am »
Meaningless. Besides, facebook will likely die out in a few years, like other social media sites.
Exactly, what's the point when there's already a forum.
The difference with facebook is that we are farrrr more likely to get exposure on there than we are on google, because the amount of 'paleo' search results are going to be way less than on google, upping our chances of being 'liked'.
Oh right, advertisement.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:26 am »
I think it would deffinitely increase exposure.

I noticed a few SCD people had pages that generated lots of likes and comments on their post.

Something weird I saw is when you google "raw meat benefits," the raw paleo diet doesn't come up. How can we fix that?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:55 am »
I loathe facebook as it is an increasingly dictatorial tool. Business owners, apparently, routinely check applicants'  facebook pages, and if you don't have one, it's considered "suspicious". I have no interest in accessing the site, anyway, as it's crappily presented etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:52 am »
For sure, Ty, facebook is not an ideal network, but it's useful for what it is and does. Which is a network of likeminded people and exposes you to the ideas and interests of your like minded friends. I've learned a lot from posts people who think like me, freely, and have been introduced to some really illuminating ideas and topics, things I can safely say I may never have encountered otherwise. And this forum and it's ideas and community can be part of that and benefit from it. Also FB has pretty good customizable privacy features so only who you want to see can see what you want them to see, to the point that you can customize it so only certain people on your friends list can see your posts. IOW there is no reason that it has to be a tool for people you don't want, to spy on you, like employers. You can easily make it so all they see is that you have a FB profile, OR you can make it so no one can find you on there unless you reveal yourself to them, ie NOT be listed in google's directory, etc.

Where is your apprehension and distaste for the site truly stemming from, because it doesn't seem like you've listed anyting really valid so far. It's not any more shoddily designed than most sites on the web, and really I think it's quite ingenuitous (not a word, I know).

Anyway, if GS or someone else here doesn't make one, I'm going to, and I'm going to list this forum as a link, like it or not, it only takes a few minutes to put one of those pages together and it will be an exquisite tool for gathering new members and exposing peeps to the idea of raw meat as a tool for health and wellness.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 03:53:28 am »
That's weird, I ran a search for 'raw paleo' yesterday and all I got was a site that had a link to a forum all in cyrillic/russian?

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 04:01:34 am »

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »
I've seen a lot of facebook fan pages for the specific carbohydrate diet. I thought it would be good for there to be a raw paleo fan page on facebook to get more attention to this diet.

What do you guys think?
I'm not a huge fan of Facebook. We already have this site. Isn't that enough? If your worried about getting more attention the the RPD, than hire a SEO company to promote this site. This Forum offers way more than what Facebook could ever do for the RPD. I see your reasoning. But, the right people will find this forum. I did, and all of you have too. JMHO

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:05 am »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:29 am »
I think it would be neat. A raw paleo diet facebook page could spread the message about..

food awareness, talking about stuff like Food Inc. Healthier more humane animals. The benefits to the environment from eating raw. Health benefits. Articles on cooked food dangers. Comparisons between vegan and raw paleo.

The list goes on and on.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 01:11:53 am »
fedbook
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 10:37:40 am »
fedbook

I ordinarily don't like to encourage your conspiracy theories, but this is hilarious.  ROFL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk