Author Topic: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal  (Read 162602 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2013, 06:27:57 am »
did the brain come with your large order of animal products?   or did you source it elsewhere?  frozen at any point?

Unfortunately White Oak Pastures doesn't sell brains since federal law prohibits the sale of brains if they're slaughtered by a head shot. I got it from Miller's Organic Farm, unfrozen. Good stuff too.

I've been experimenting with epsom salt baths to increase my mag levels. I feel the baths help more with pulling out toxins/detox than increasing magnesium levels. So I decided to experiment with a mag supplement. I've been using powdered mag. I'm hoping it will be the solution to my dental problems. I've read online magnesium is incredibly important for dental and bone health.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2013, 02:36:13 pm »
The best way to take magnesium by bath than mouth. But if we have lots of calcium in our bodies, than we can take magnesium 2/3 hrs later.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:01 pm »
Daboss, your journal is pretty awesome! My friend David Grithnir (former member), done some progression on 50% Raw primal diet. He discover that one raw and one cooked meal a day could fix his constipation. He discovers 100% raw diet is not good for him. Moreover, he did reduced some meds after this diet and lost almost 100lbs within 2 months (which was good). But now he is looking for more better and quick relief of his symptoms and started to take high doses of Zyprexa and other things and telling every one that with this diet and high doses of psych drugs , he feels most normal. I copied some of your journal for him and send him message to reduce his psych drugs and highly follow RPD for his own good.
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »
Daboss, your journal is pretty awesome! My friend David Grithnir (former member), done some progression on 50% Raw primal diet. He discover that one raw and one cooked meal a day could fix his constipation. He discovers 100% raw diet is not good for him. Moreover, he did reduced some meds after this diet and lost almost 100lbs within 2 months (which was good). But now he is looking for more better and quick relief of his symptoms and started to take high doses of Zyprexa and other things and telling every one that with this diet and high doses of psych drugs , he feels most normal. I copied some of your journal for him and send him message to reduce his psych drugs and highly follow RPD for his own good.

What about niacin? Most people using niacin properly only need small amounts of medicine, and some times don't need any at all. For example I was on 1500 mg depakote and 120 mg geodon before starting the supplements. After starting the supplements I reduced it to 500 mg and 40 mg with the doctor's approval. Now that I'm strict raw paleo with supplements, I'm on just 20 mg of geodon and no depakote. I also use a shower head filter, drink distilled water, use fluoride toothpaste, use iodine for detox, etc.. It's all in my journal. If you like I could make a detailed post on what I'm doing right now and how it's working.

And thanks for the compliment on the journal. What makes you feel it's "awesome?" lol

The best way to take magnesium by bath than mouth. But if we have lots of calcium in our bodies, than we can take magnesium 2/3 hrs later.

I actually notice more benefits taking it orally. When I used it in baths I noticed it was helping with detox more. But orally I'm calmer. I expect great things as far as dental health goes with the magnesium.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2013, 08:09:23 pm »
It's been a while since I make a post on exactly what I'm doing and how it's working for me. So here's a post on how my diet is, my supplement regiment, etc.

Supplements

I've been following Dr. Abram Hoffer's orthomolecular treatment for schizophrenia per his book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for an effective way to treat schizophrenia.

I take 1,000 mg niacin 3x daily (each meal). Dr. Hoffer wrote if it's needed you can go much higher. I use this brand - http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Niacin-Vitamin-B3-500-mg-Vegetable-Capsules.htm - It's one of the cleaner formulas on the market and it's SCD legal.

I also take 50 mg b complex 2x daily (breakfast and lunch). The B Complex helps the niacin function properly since all the b vitamins work synergisticly. I use - http://www.giprohealth.com/bcomplex-1.aspx - since 1) it's SCD legal so it's a clean formula, and 2) it has the active forms of B12 and Folic Acid

1,000 mg Vitamin C 3x daily (each meal). I use the GI Pro Health brand since it's SCD legal. But for Vitamin C there are many clean formulas. (By making sure they're SCD legal they avoid additives like lactose, dextrose, grains, etc.)

I also use a multivitamin but in very low doses. They recommend 6 pills and I take 1 a day, mainly for my dinner meal so I can take a smaller dose of b complex. - http://www.giprohealth.com/scdcomplete.aspx - I prefer this one since it's a lot of pills and since it has the active forms of B12 and folic acid.

These are the main supplements I use for schizophrenia. I've use them for a while and they work well for me.

Vitamin D3 5,000 IU daily. http://www.freedavitamins.com/index.php?p=product&id=107&parent=4

Calcium & Magnesium supplement. http://www.freedavitamins.com/index.php?p=product&id=395&parent=18

I use these since I can't always get lots of sun and because I want to get calcium and magnesium for dental/bone health. Also I'm experimenting with iodine for detoxification and calcium is one of the recommended nutrients (which I'll get into later).

Potassium. I noticed I wasn't getting to much potassium, or most electrolytes either so I added in a Potassium powder from NOW brand.

I also added in magnesium powder orally after trying epsom salt baths.

Iodine

I've been experimenting with iodine, specifically Lugol's. I started with 1 drop daily and have since increased to around 10-20 drops daily. It's supposed to help detox halides (fluoride, bromide, and chloride). It's also been said by many doctors that it's needed for much more than just thyroid health. In addition to that I've read that schizophrenia and other mental health issues can be influenced by those halides. I take the calcium since fluoride is excreted as calcium fluoride. The fluoride apparently integrates with the calcium and builds bone structures. So to remove the fluoride it also displaces some calcium. I also take the magnesium for bone health.

In addition the supplements mentioned earlier (most of which are recommended as companion nutrients for the iodine protocol) I've been consuming lots of salt. I use Real Salt which is technically raw since there's no heating process in the manufacturing. I take about 3 teaspoons daily. Without the salt the detox effects of the iodine are harsh.

Diet

My diet has been 100% raw since March. I've been eating pretty consistently 3 meals a day. An hour before I have a piece of fruit averaging 25-30 grams of carbs. Then an hour later I eat 2.5 oz of beef fat with 5 oz shrimp, beef, salmon, or various organs. I typically eat liver, heart, and some times brain. I have kidney in the fridge but haven't been eating it. Some days I eat more carbs and protein depending on how much I've been exercising.

I've also been doing a lot of fermented foods. I make pickles regularly, did high meat for a while, and just started experimenting with fermented honey. I also eat a little bit of raw honey on occasion.

I dry age my meat in the fridge on a metal rack, the flavor is incredible.

All my foods are unprocessed raw foods. So no oils, etc. I also stick to the specific carbohydrate diet but raw.

Toxin avoidance

I drink distilled water and use BPA free water bottles. I use a shower head that removes 95+% of the chlorine and other impurities. I use fluoride free tooth paste. Again, all my supplements are SCD legal and as additive free as possible.

Exercise

I exercise regularly, preferably in the sun. Typically some kind of cardio exercise, and weight training.

Medication

Before starting the supplements, diet, etc. I was on 1,500 mg of depakote, and 120 mg of geodon. After starting the supplements (Dr. Hoffer's recommendations) I tapered down to 500 mg, and 40 mg with a doctor's supervision. Now with all the things I'm doing I take 20 mg of geodon. The doctor has agreed after 2 more months of 20 mg we can try opening the pills and only taking 10 mg and going from there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:05:44 pm by DaBoss88 »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »
this is why your journal is awesome. consistent and specific updates.  its interesting to see your progression. 

I am taking just about the same vitamins and minerals as you are, no extra niacin but I do take a 1 of the 3 daily multis which has extra b's, no need for d as i get TONS of sun, and no calcium as i drink about a 1/4 cup of raw milk per day.   

I take 2 drops of the 5% lugols daily, i am going to increase to 4 and see if that is beneficial.  my mental health and attitude have never been more even or resilient. I feel like my body is in a major cycle of healing and rebuilding. 

i eat pretty low carb, mod protein, mod fat.  three meals a day.  great and regular digestion, no gas or bloating. my teeth are not as sensitive as they were when i was having insulin issues and seem to be remineralizing.  my amenorrhea has been reversed for 6 months after a  5 year absence.  although i weigh a lot more then i ever have, i feel like there is much less inflammation in my body.  my skin is the best condition it has been...ever?  lots of hair on my head growing back. many many other improvements, its just interesting that we are taking pretty similar supplements in addition to simple diet.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »
Good stuff Jessica. In addition to the Lugol's are you taking any salt? I personally couldn't even do 3 drops of the 2% without horrible symptoms before adding in Real Salt. I'd get cloudy headed and overall feel horrible. After loading up on salt I was quickly able to increase to the dose I'm at now. I experience minor detox symptoms, small rash/dry skin on one of my fingers. They're clearing up though.

I know I've suggested the niacin on multiple occasions, so rather than ask if you'd be willing to try it. What are your reasons for avoiding it?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »
niacin is the most important and usually major supplement for people who are suffering from schizophrenia. Jessica has same mental illness as you? regular depression or bipolar ... anything is treating very well without niacin.

DaBoss, u are truly an inspiration for million of others who are thinking about there are no cure of schizophrenia and drugs are the only way to go. I am publishing some of your journal on Facebook psychiatric revolution group to influence others and hope you don't mind
bugs or country chickens

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2013, 10:12:35 pm »
I  definitely salt my food pretty well.  I prefer Eden brand sea salts over Redmond.  I think they taste less harsh?  They are sun dried from salt marsh's in France and come in a nice sized glass jar that is great to re-use.  They are also relatively inexpensive.  I eat a lot of seaweed in addition.

I am not taking extra niacin as I have read it can be harsh on the liver, and I don't really want to exacerbate my liver as I have had a ton of liver problems in the past. 

I have, however, learned a lot from your and PaleoPhils journal and know that my next round of supplement purchases will be a bit different, different b vitamin's so I get the proper form and perhaps at different amounts.

I noticed you aren't taking selenium.  I am pretty sure that was one of the more important "co-factors" to the Lugol's protocol. 

I guess that is something I am taking as well, along with zinc and chromium, which I feel are really helping to ease inflammation.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »
I noticed you aren't taking selenium.  I am pretty sure that was one of the more important "co-factors" to the Lugol's protocol. 

I didn't get the selenium because I saw that beef in the amounts I'm consuming has about the same amount they recommend getting from supplements (and the nutrition analysis was done on grain fed meat). I'm looking into buying brazil nuts though to increase my selenium intake.

I  definitely salt my food pretty well.  I prefer Eden brand sea salts over Redmond.  I think they taste less harsh?

I haven't really experimented with different salts. When I first started fully raw again in March I noticed I was craving salt. While at Whole Foods the Real Salt caught my eye since it's pink, but something about it also made me want to try it. It's working for me but eventually who knows maybe I'll experiment with a different brand. However I talked with the company and it meets my requirements for being a good salt - raw, unprocessed, etc.

Also you mention you salt your food well. The amounts they recommend are a lot, like teaspoons per day. Just something to keep in mind in case you notice negative detox effects.

I am not taking extra niacin as I have read it can be harsh on the liver, and I don't really want to exacerbate my liver as I have had a ton of liver problems in the past.

Sucks about your liver. FYI Dr. Hoffer has seen that most people do well on niacin, ie. no liver problems. He discusses it thoroughly in his book, and I think a google search would yield more info. However it's your body, and you know best how to take care of it.

niacin is the most important and usually major supplement for people who are suffering from schizophrenia.

Absolutely. The most important thing for me was and is sticking to the niacin.

DaBoss, u are truly an inspiration for million of others who are thinking about there are no cure of schizophrenia and drugs are the only way to go. I am publishing some of your journal on Facebook psychiatric revolution group to influence others and hope you don't mind

It's fine. Hopefully it helps others. What I'm doing really works wonders for me. I think it's important because I don't just focus on one aspect. For example I've seen that some of the people using niacin only take the supplements, which helps tremendously but adding other things helps too. I think it's important to also make sure your thyroid is healthy (iodine supplementation, eliminating the toxic halides). Toxin elimination, exercise, etc. Raw paleo of course too eliminates lots of cooked food toxins, lots of healthy fats, etc.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:54 am »
I just ordered some brazil nuts (the ones linked on PaleoPhil's journal). I emailed the company to ask if they're truly raw. I haven't eaten nuts in months so we'll see how it goes.

The oral magnesium seems to be working well. I feel calmer and clear headed, it's nice. After starting the magnesium I realized I hadn't eaten magnesium rich foods for years. I started SCD in mid 2011 and I was barely getting any iodine or magnesium. Probably not much potassium and definitely very little sodium. I never put salt on anything, rarely ate sea food. This continued even after starting raw paleo.

I'm taking about 80% DV of magnesium from my calcium supplement, and another 85% from the magnesium powder. I do about 40% potassium from my potassium powder. And tons of salt as well as a lot of iodine. I don't keep track of iodine or salt consumption, I just take it as needed. But I average probably around 2-5 teaspoons of sea salt and 25-50 mg of iodine.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »
have you heard anything back on the tests your doctor ordered?

anything amiss or lacking?
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »
have you heard anything back on the tests your doctor ordered?

anything amiss or lacking?

I'll be getting the results back in a couple weeks. I'll post here when I get them.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:58 am »
I don't think I was getting the benefit I expected from the oral magnesium. I stopped the bath salts (over a week ago) and noticed I was getting kind of grouchy today even though I was using the oral mag. I decided to try magnesium oil, a magnesium that absorbs through the skin. I read on a few websites it can take months for oral magnesium to bring your levels back up and that the oil will work in a month or 2. After applying it a few times I'm feeling more relaxed, like I did when I did the epsom salt baths. I'm thinking I only absorbed a very small amount from the oral magnesium, while with the bath I absorbed a lot since it bypassed the digestive tract.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:34 am »
Wow you get up to 25-50 mg of iodine?!? You must go through those bottles like crazy. How is that working for you? When I get up to 1 mg of iodine I seem to feel pretty well. Haven't gone much over that, I almost thought I started to get symptoms of too much iodine. But maybe I didn't consume enough water also. How much water do you consume a day, approx.?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2013, 04:17:28 am »
Wow you get up to 25-50 mg of iodine?!? You must go through those bottles like crazy.

Well I buy a 2 oz bottle of Lugol's 2% each time. I actually bought a bottle a while ago and haven't even gotten half way through it.

How is that working for you?

Pretty good. At first I was getting horrible detox symptoms. But then I learned about the companion nutrients you're supposed to take with it to help with detox. I added sea salt, lots of sea salt (2-5 teaspoons daily). After adding in the sea salt and using a lot daily I was able to get up to the amount I'm at now.

It's supposed to help detox bromides, fluoride, and chloride which are added to most municipal water supplies and most non organic pesticides contain them. It also helps detox mercury.

I have an interesting theory. In Japan they consume a lot of seafood and also lots of iodine. I think the iodine helps prevent mercury toxicity, although I'm not sure if they consume enough for it to be a problem (I assume they eat a lot of fish though).

When I get up to 1 mg of iodine I seem to feel pretty well. Haven't gone much over that, I almost thought I started to get symptoms of too much iodine. But maybe I didn't consume enough water also. How much water do you consume a day, approx.?

I consume like 1-2 gallons daily. Though I also take the companion nutrients. I was drinking the same amount of water when I was taking 1-3 drops of iodine daily (2.5 mg/drop) before adding in the sea salt and it was horrible.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2013, 05:28:30 am »
I agree with you about the Japanese. They eat plenty of iodine rich foods and probably consume salt water in decent amounts.

Something about when I started the iodine, it just felt right to add sea salt also, considering iodine is richest in the seafoods. I don't think I consume that much water though. Time to up it. The fewer carbs I take in I notice the thirstier I become. Thanks.

different topic question. Schizophrenia is a psychological disorder. It's my understanding that one must be diagnosed with a behavioral disorder (class I) first, then a personality disorder (class II) next, then the final diagnosis of a psychological disorder, class III. Does that mean you also have ADHD or another behavioral disorder and a personality disorder like NPD? This was info I learned while married to someone I was almost certain had Borderline Personality Disorder and seeking help, years ago. I hope that's not too personal, I figure schizophrenia is less obtrusive than a 'milder' disorder.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2013, 05:37:27 am »
I hope that's not too personal, I figure schizophrenia is less obtrusive than a 'milder' disorder.

It's fine.

different topic question. Schizophrenia is a psychological disorder. It's my understanding that one must be diagnosed with a behavioral disorder (class I) first, then a personality disorder (class II) next, then the final diagnosis of a psychological disorder, class III. Does that mean you also have ADHD or another behavioral disorder and a personality disorder like NPD?

I've never heard that before and I was never diagnosed ADHD or anything else before the diagnosis of schizophrenia.

I see from your info you're trying to treat ADHD. Would you be interested in my take on what would help?

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:41 am »
EXTREMELY interested. So far I've been doing .5-1 mg iodine with at least 1 teaspoon sea salt. Trying to cut carbs as minimal as possible, per advice in my welcome thread, I believe by either you or CK. I've been off coffee for 4 days now. I consume about the same amount looks wise of suet and meat. So if I have salmon that is 4"x 4" I'll grab a chunk of suet that size. I'm not in ketosis because our water supply is iffy right now and the times when we don't get water, I have fruit to hydrate. That should change very soon, our pump is getting replaced.

What shall I do, oh wise one? :D
-Dustin

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:42 am »
EXTREMELY interested.

What shall I do, oh wise one? :D

Lol

I see you're concerned with ADHD and dental issues. For both I recommend increasing your magnesium. Magnesium is really important for dental health. It's also necessary for proper digestive function.

Poor digestive function leads to microbial toxins and poor nutrient assimilation, both of which increase the likelihood of psychological disorders.

How long have you been on RPD?

(I made a really lengthy post originally but lost it when my internet cut out :/ )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:50:32 am by DaBoss88 »

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:36 am »
About 6 weeks. I've craved oysters like crazy and felt better the last two jars I've had. I've also noticed my joints feeling a bit sore, isn't that a sign of magnesium deficiency?
-Dustin

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:42 am »
About 6 weeks. I've craved oysters like crazy and felt better the last two jars I've had. I've also noticed my joints feeling a bit sore, isn't that a sign of magnesium deficiency?

Everything is a symptom of magnesium deficiency lol

My latest experiment is evening out my calcium magnesium ratio. I've been reading that our paleo ancestors had a 1:1 ratio of cal:mag. So I'm going to try to even out my calcium magnesium intake, while also getting more sun.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:36 pm »
My brazil nuts got here. I had two yesterday, and one today. I also had 4 oz of beef kidney for breakfast. I think my body's saying more selenium.

My magnesium oil has 560 mg mag per teaspoon, I've been putting 2 teaspoons daily since yesterday while maintaining the 800 mg of calcium I get from supplements. So far so good.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2013, 01:07:43 pm »
DaBoss, are u on 20 mg Geodon now? what your doctor/ psychiatrist says about the lowest dose of Geodon? does ur doctor know about you special diet? Thanks
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2013, 01:33:35 am »
DaBoss, are u on 20 mg Geodon now?

Yes, 20 mg for the last 2-3 months.

what your doctor/ psychiatrist says about the lowest dose of Geodon?

Not much really. He never saw me while having an episode so he doesn't even believe I'm schizophrenic (very common with psychiatrists I see).

does ur doctor know about you special diet? Thanks

Yes, my psychiatrist and primary care physician both know about my diet. They both can see it works for me. If I was paranoid and confused I'm sure they'd be against it.

Test Restults

Everything checked out pretty much. Cholesterol, thyroid, mercury, etc. was all fine.

My iodine, B12, B6, and B3 (niacin) levels were VERY high. I wasn't fasting so that's part of why. It was expected considering all the iodine and b vitamins I take.

My K levels were a bit low (but they tested K1), so was my calcium. I'm thinking there's a connection between me getting so little magnesium and my calcium levels being slightly low. I've read you need magnesium for calcium to be used properly. I'm also thinking I need to fix the cal:mag, and also the K2 to improve my dental health.

I've started experimenting with magnesium rich foods since I wasn't feeling any more relaxed from the magnesium supplements. In fact I was only getting loose stools. After researching more I saw most magnesium supplements are poorly absorbed and that chelated magnesium is much more absorbable, so I ordered magnesium glycinate from GI Pro Health.

I've been eating spinach and pumpkin seeds. After starting the pumpkin seeds I noticed me reaching my "instinctive stop" much sooner in the meal. I'm thinking this might have something to do with pumpkin seeds' effects removing parasites.

I also stopped my calcium supplement in an attempt to bring up my magnesium levels since the two compete for absorption. I've also ordered the book "The Magnesium Miracle" in hopes of learning more about magnesium.

I've read online magnesium is needed for 300+ enzymatic processes, from digestion to ATP (energy) so I'm expecting good things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk