Author Topic: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal  (Read 162527 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2013, 08:37:55 am »
Thank you DaBoss. we are also giving my brother 400mg magnesium daily at night and calcium in the morning. This is the 1st time for the past 8 months , he is out of hospitals. I will write down details on his present situation.
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »
Thank you DaBoss. we are also giving my brother 400mg magnesium daily at night and calcium in the morning. This is the 1st time for the past 8 months , he is out of hospitals. I will write down details on his present situation.

What kind of magnesium are you using? I've read that regular magnesium gives poor results and the chelated (bound to an amino acid) is optimal.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2013, 09:42:16 pm »
After reviewing my test results again, I saw that under "Ketones" it says Abnormal, and trace amounts.

I'm wondering if this means I'm in slight ketosis?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2013, 11:32:05 pm »
I do well with mag glycinate, I can take 400 mg with no issues, that is just at %100 rda. 

mag citrate is basically a laxative, it helps to improve the amount of water in poo, so its good if you have super hard turds and need to use it temporarily (in addition to tons of water and other electrolytes to hydrate the system).  but can have a depleting effect if taken long term.

If you are in slight ketosis I am sure that is why adding in extra salt has really improved your condition.  Not having a lot of glycogen will really hinder your ability to hold on to much water and electrolytes.

Really sounds like you are doing well DaBoss, always glad to see your progress.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »
as always, an interesting read...
thanks for posting some of your test results.

keep it up, it sounds like it's going well!
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:15 am »
So when I placed my big order from White Oak Pastures a few weeks/maybe a month or so ago, they accidentally sent me SUET instead of BEEF FAT. What a disaster! I've been eating suet - it's chalky, disgusting, and after eating it for such a long time I actually completely lost my appetite for raw animal foods. Monday I ate, and after that felt nauseous so didn't eat till Tuesday. Tuesday I was barely able to get any food in my system, I usually ate 2.5 oz beef fat and 5 oz beef. But Tuesday I could barely get down 2 oz of suet and maybe 4 oz of beef, all day I felt horrible.

Finally Wednesday came and the replacement fat arrived. That night I was able to get down a full 2.5 oz of beef fat and 5 oz beef, today same thing. I'm thinking suet is much higher in saturated fats, and much lower in unsaturated fats and that contributed to me feeling so horrible.

My magnesium glycinate should get here today. I'll do a few more days to a month without calcium, then I'll slowly increase my calcium to maybe 400-600 mg daily.

I also purchased a Vitamin K2 supplement from Carlson labs, the one recommended on the weston price article discussing Vitamin K2. It's pretty high potency.

Hopefully since I'm using all these different things my dental issues improve.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:06 am »
I've been eating suet as my main source of fat. It can be more dry but only if i defrost a lot and let it sit in the fridge. If I just unfreeze some and cut it cold and then dip it in honey, no prob. I wonder however if the high sat fat content may affect me. not all pieces of suet are dry. But I really need to find regular back fat eh? It seems many do better on one or the other, worth a try.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2013, 07:31:23 am »
The Vitamin K2 has done some interesting stuff. Usually when I eat suet or beef fat my teeth are covered in fat. Since starting the K2 it literally completely stopped. Seeds, fruit bits, and other things would also get caught in my teeth. It stopped happening which is awesome.

The magnesium glycinate got here today, I already took 100 mg. I'll take another 100 mg with my next meal.

I recently bumped up my niacin dose to 2,000 mg, around the same time I started feeling weird from the suet. I'll keep eating the beef fat and see if I end up feeling I need less niacin. It could also be that I'm a few months in on the reduced dose of geodon.

Some interesting info from Weston Price on vitamin K2: http://www.westonaprice.org/fat-soluble-activators/x-factor-is-vitamin-k2

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2013, 07:32:44 am »
If you are in slight ketosis I am sure that is why adding in extra salt has really improved your condition.  Not having a lot of glycogen will really hinder your ability to hold on to much water and electrolytes.

Interesting.

as always, an interesting read...
thanks for posting some of your test results.

keep it up, it sounds like it's going well!

Really sounds like you are doing well DaBoss, always glad to see your progress.

Thank you, thank you!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2013, 02:22:23 pm »
Still tweaking and modifying my routine! It's incredible how my mind set was when I started - I just need to eat raw. To now - I need to research and modify!

I've been looking more and more into magnesium lately. I recently upped my magnesium intake to 600 mg, some times more, of the glycinate form with no loose stools. When I was taking the citrate I couldn't take even half that without a loose stool.

I also have been looking into Vitamin K2 more. I read on this article, and in others that a Japanese study used 45 mg/day! I've been taking 5 mg!

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/jan2009_Vitamin-K-Protection-Against-Arterial-Calcification-Bone-Loss-Cancer-Aging_01.htm

So I decided to up my dose for the time being, from one 5 mg pill daily, to 6 daily!

I cut out my calcium supplement, though I may add in 1-2 pills daily. But I get the feeling I need more magnesium than calcium (for now at least).

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:42 am »
It's been a while since I update this journal, or at least it feels like it. There's really not much to update on, my condition is stable and my health is improving daily. I've started exercising quite regularly, both weight training and doing cardio. I increased my carb consumption also. Before I was getting maybe 90-120 grams of carbs daily, I upped it to around 200 grams. I've also added in some vegetables, before I was doing mainly fruit.

All the exercise has led to some pain in my tendons, so I looked into nutrition and tendon health. I saw beef had almost no manganese, and I probably wasn't getting all the much from other foods, so I added in manganese chelated to an amino acid. I also added in zinc and selenium (also chelated). This was very recently so not much to report on yet.

I added in "Blue Ocean Minerals." It's basically ocean water from the great barrier reef that's concentrated and has the sodium removed. Each tsp has 459 mg of magnesium and they recommend 1-2 tsp daily. I'm also still taking the magnesium glycinate, 100 mg per meal. And I add 1 tsp of the blue ocean minerals to my water and drink it through out the day. I'm calmer through out the day, and I also sleep deeper and a few more hours each night. I've also stopped getting up to eat in the middle of the night, now I go 8+ hours sleeping without eating. And usually not even drinking water till I wake up.

I read that selenium levels can be low in people with bone problems, that's why I decided to add in the selenium. I expect some sort of dental improvement with the selenium and manganese. The zinc and manganese are recommended for tendon health. I saw grass fed beef has NO manganese, and thought that might explain why my tendons hurt being I've eating mainly beef the last few months.

I'm still doing the iodine protocol, I take about 20 drops of the 2% daily for a total of 50 mg iodine/iodide daily. The detox has gotten much better and it's not noticeable. I still use the Real Salt liberally, about 5 servings of 1/4 tsp through out the day. Being that selenium is recommended and so is magnesium for the iodine protocol, I imagine I'll be getting even better results reaching "whole body saturation."

The supplements I was taking for schizophrenia remain the same - large doses of niacin, b complex and vitamin c. I'm still on 20 mg of geodon, though when I go see my doctor I'll discuss trying 10 mg.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2013, 08:52:09 am »
yep dude I am glad you are taking those "co factors" to the iodine protocol.  I have be really lazy in my iodine consumption, but eating plenty of dulse. 

do you feel more grounded and able to handle daily life?  I am feeling a huge shift in this, its amazing to be calm and also work through issues instead of going into a really weird place.....I hope you are feeling this way!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2013, 08:09:28 am »
yep dude I am glad you are taking those "co factors" to the iodine protocol.

Since adding in the selenium i started detoxing much more. A rash that pops up when I'm detoxing got pretty bad, worse than usual. I ended up ingesting massive amounts of salt to help cope with the symptoms. Apparently the salt binds with the toxins and helps excrete them. The salt loading protocol recommends 1/2 tsp every 15 minutes followed by 12-16 oz of water until urination begins. Then until symptoms improve. I must have gone through 2 gallons of water. However my rash did improve significantly.

I decided to cut back to half a pill of the selenium, and continue with large doses of salt.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2013, 12:31:51 pm »
how much selenium were  you taking?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:49 pm »
how much selenium were  you taking?

200 mg selenomethionine.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1999/articles/1999-v14n01-p028.shtml

Interesting article by my favorite doctor (Dr. Abram Hoffer) in the orthomolecular journal that he made himself. Filled with great info.

That article looks into manganese and zinc's connection to schizophrenia.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 31, 2013, 11:51:14 am »
It's interesting. For some time now I've thought of illness to behave in a cause and effect manner. Same with good health. Therefore I've believed that illness can be prevented through life style, diet and various other factors.

After getting pain in my tendons, I looked into manganese and tendons. Saw that my diet was very manganese deficient and added in a supplement. My tendon pain went away. I also decided to look into manganese and schizophrenia and found the link in my last post. I did further searching and saw the Dr. Abram Hoffer, who founded the megavitamin/orthomolecular therapy for schizophrenia (niacin and vitamin c) also recommended manganese. I just ordered his book "Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia." In it there's a chapter on manganese, zinc and copper.

Dr. Abram Hoffer was ahead of his time. While other doctors were prescribing meds and sedating patients, he was prescribing vitamins, minerals and EFA's. Even neglecting diet his patients still got great results. Imagine combined with the right diet how effective his megavitamin therapy can be?

I found a new website by Dr. Hoffer, actually it was run by him when he was alive - http://orthomolecularvitamincentre.com/

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2013, 12:44:06 pm »
I thought I would post an update, one of the thorough ones lol. Here it goes.

Dental/Bone Health

I've read that Vitamin K2 is excellent for dental health in many articles from Weston Price and elsewhere. I've been taking Carlson's Vitamin K2 (5 mg per pill) at 10 mg 3x per day. It's supposed to increase the amount of minerals placed into the bones and teeth. There's even a Japanese study showing benefits. Since the Vitamin K2 increases mineral uptake into bones and teeth, I've added in various minerals and other Vitamins that increase uptake.

I'm taking 200 mg of calcium 3x daily. 5,000 IU Vitamin D3 daily. Manganese is a recent addition also, I take 8 mg of chelated manganese 3x daily. I take 11 mg of clelated Zinc daily, and 100 mcg chelated selenium. It's to soon to say if I'm noticing benefits with my teeth, but I am noticing some interesting things as far as joints and bones go.

I've also been taking about 300 mg of magnesium glycinate daily (100 mg per meal). While also taking about 1 tsp daily of Blue Ocean Minerals (459 mg magnesium) daily.

My posture is better, usually I'd slouch, but lately I'm sitting up straight. I also had some sort of problem with my right shoulder. It felt different from my left shoulder, and some times gave me pain. Now it feels the same as my left shoulder. the right side of my jaw has also been cracking. I wonder if it has something to do with the right side of my skull, which also is somewhat uneven compared to the left side. It makes me wonder if these minerals are rapidly being placed into my bones thanks to the Vitamin K2.

Mental Health

It's interesting but the same supplements I'm taking for dental health are supposed to improve mental health. Perhaps there's some kind of connection between my bone malformations, dental problems and mental health.

Manganese is apparently an area of interest for schizophrenia as I recently found out, and so is zinc. Excess copper levels is something Dr. Hoffer found in a lot of schizophrenics, and zinc is supposed to help eliminate copper. Also when taking zinc manganese levels can get depleted. It's interesting and I'm by no means an expert yet, the book I ordered should yield much more info.

My mental state is calm, organized, and overall I feel great.

Exercise

I'm weight training 4x a week, and regularly playing sports and doing cardio. I eat 6 oz of a meat (beef, shrimp, salmon, etc.) and 2.5 oz of beef fat per meal. I plan to add in some eggs (possibly, still considering it).

Sun Bathing

I try to spend at least 20 minutes in the sun with minimal clothing when I can. I'm just starting and want to avoid burning so I'm only doing 20 minutes for now. I'll gradually increase as I go.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2013, 12:57:06 am »
Starting yesterday I stopped using the Lugol's. After starting the selenium I started getting horrible detox symptoms, and I realized I couldn't continue taking the high doses of iodine that I was taking without the selenium. So starting today I'm going to likely just take 1 or 2 drops for the day, while before I was doing 10-20.

I added in P5P (the active form of B6). After reading PaleoPhil's journal and some articles on orthomolecular medicine and B6 I figured I'd give it a shot.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2013, 03:36:34 am »
Awesome find today. Fresh, grass fed New Zealand lamb for $6/lb. WF sells it, literally from the same retailer, for $9/lb.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2013, 03:09:22 am »
And another great find! A local butcher that sells fatty cuts of beef for less than $4/lb. I paid $3.19/lb and walked out of there with like 3-4 lbs of fat and 9-10 lbs of meat for $40.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:26:57 am by DaBoss88 »

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2013, 09:56:57 am »
Well DaBoss, I just read ur last three paragraphs , and again very impressive. I m flushing also (main lines from ur paragraph ) for a facebook group and that is really impressive. How much mg Geodon are u in now? keep doing the good work. Ur success will help millions.

Here is another evidence from an orthomolecular doctor from India who is my best friend and he wrote to me about yesterday on diet, " Dear friend: I wish to tell Vikas that he deposited the money successfully. Not to worry on this. I have checked.
I had asked some questions, list of symptoms, how did it all begin and questions about food and drinks. I also advised for blood tests for hemoglobin, blood group ( the O blood group was the first group and it was of early hunters when agriculture was not discovered---so if he is an O group like mine, then he HAS TO take some sort of cave man's diet), B12 level, liver function test and fasting insulin (to check hypoglycemia).
If he can't pay for these tests then he should at least reply to my wife, Dr Kusum's questions and we can start from there. Just yesterday Kusum wrote to him the list of Qs as mentioned above.
In any case she is thinking of starting cave man's diet that is alternatively called the "Elimination diet" for 10 days after which we will ask him to ingest one by one the eliminated foods to see what food triggers symptoms. Perhaps we need to involve his mother as an observer.
Its a very powerful tool. I have successfully "caught" the cause of depression and even hallucinations in my patients following this method ---call it "trick". And the best thing is that the caregivers of these patients and in one case the patient himself are convinced of the cause I helped them discover. This patient who was himself convinced is a medical superintendent of a government hospital, depressed, on psychiatric drugs past 7 years. He is now happy and satisfied.
Please forward this reply to Vikas so that I don't have to re-type it for him
Thanks.
Ratan."
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 05, 2013, 05:38:35 am »
The detox symptoms from the selenium were horrible. I cut back to 1/4 a pill (200 mcg) and I've been able to get a little more iodine (4-8 drops daily).

I've been doing some homework into frozen vs. fresh animal foods, and there's actually some scientific evidence showing that freezing alters the food to a decent degree. A google search of "freezing protein denaturation" yields some info. I ended up buying a book off amazon called "Advances in Food Research, vol. 26."

You can read some of the info on freezing and its effects on food quality here - http://www.amazon.com/ADVANCES-FOOD-RESEARCH-VOLUME-Volume/dp/0120164264

I found somewhere online where it gets more into detail about the freezing aspect but I can't find the link now.

On another note. Found wild caught alaskan salmon for $5/lb. I also may have sourced some very cheap grass fed beef fat that I can get fresh and weekly.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »
I'm now taking 1/2 a pill of the selenium (was taking 1/4, 200 mcg/pill). I've also been able to keep up the iodine (around 10 drops of 2% daily).

I've switched to fresh/unfrozen meats, so far so good. I have a shipment coming from Miller's for beef fat which will be fresh, and only the muscle meat trimmings.

My diet lately has been grass fed beef (fresh and from White Oak Pastures), grass fed New Zealand lamb (fresh), beef fat (frozen from White Oak Pastures), and wild caught Alaskan Salmon (fresh) w/ various fruits and veggies.

The P5P has been going well. I've been taking half a pill w/ breakfast and the other half with lunch (50 mg per pill).

I'm still waiting for my books to get here, especially the one on orthomolecular medicine by Dr. Hoffer.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2013, 09:57:37 am »
My book "Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia," by Dr. Hoffer has arrived.

I'd like to quote a paragraph I just read.

"As an interesting aside, the fact that schizophrenia still exists in all human populations proves that it is a genetic -morph-ism. This means that while there is no advantage in being sick with schizophrenia, there is some advantage conferred by carrying the genes: have enough of them without becoming sick. First-order relatives are a case in point: in the Darwinian sense of being biologically superior, they are reproductively successful. Schizophrenics themselves tend to be physically superior to nonschizophrenics and appear more youthful (even in old age); their hair does not turn gray as early as the normal population;s would; they have higher tolerance to pain; they do not have as high an incidence of arthritis or cancer; and they are more resistant to bacterial infections/ They also seem to be more creative, a psychological trait due perhaps to their inner experiences with perceptual changes."

Something I've seen recently after reviewing more of his studies, books, etc. is that he thinks there's an actual benefit to being schizophrenic - the downside is we need very specific nutrition and without it we get sick.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2013, 10:45:54 am »
I also just got the book "Enzyme Nutrition,' by Dr. Edward Howell.

"Raw Fat is not Fattening"

"A pound of raw beefsteak may add only protein to the tissues and not put on any fat. On the other hand, the same amount of cooked beefsteak may give the eater a little unwanted fat. Many people, such as the primitive, isolated Eskimo, as we have seen, ate raw meat as part of their diet. Dr. V.E. Levine of Omaha, Nebraska, examined 3,000 primitive Eskimos during 3 trips to the Arctic and found only one overweight person. These Eskimos ate enormous amounts of fat. It is hard to escape the conclusion that raw food is not fattening in the conventional sense. Raw blubber and other fats used by the Eskimo, along with the raw butter that was formerly enjoyed throughout America, do not promote weight gain. Raw fats evidently belong in a special pigeonhole in nutritional speculations. Furthermore, medical reports on primitive, isolated Eskimos emphasize that these heavy eaters of raw animal fat had no hypertension (high blood pressure) or hardening of the arteries. All raw fats are inhabited by the enzyme lipase which should not be ignored in speculations on a perfect diet. This enzymes is absent in the kind of fats presently used in the kitchen."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk