Author Topic: Schizophrenia  (Read 32949 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Schizophrenia
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:38 am »
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-niacin-vitamin-B3.php

Good list of top foods by niacin content. First 2 ones don´t match with RPD but next ones do. And most of them are from animal world.

The amounts in food are nowhere near sufficient for what's needed to manage schizophrenic symptoms. I take 15,000% the DV of niacin, or 1,500 mg daily.

I recommend looking into Dr. Hoffer's book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments."

Look into big doses of b complex, vitamin c, and possibly others also.

Drink clean water - distilled or spring.

A raw diet is really helpful. See if you can find a cheap source of grass fed animal fats. Suet, beef fat, etc. It's cheap and great for adding calories and raw fats.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:05 am »
Yeah!! Daily average intake of 8/9 raw egg yolks, niacin 3000mg, mg, folic acid, zinc... helping in a great deal severely schizophrenic patient , my brother. This is the 1st time for the past 6 months, he is out of any hospitals. Usually, he goes to hospitals every month and stays home 1 or 2 days before he goes completely crazy. Still he is quite abnormal, cause he does not want to eat healthy and all psychiatric symptoms are there, but he is NOT violent, NOT suicidal. He is addicted on sugar, gluten...u name it!!! But he is unaware that mom is hiding all vitamins and egg yolks in his drinks, juices. That keeps his totally stable. After numerous hospitalizations, now his ONLY place could be institution, but mom is keeping him almost norm by this.

Great! And what is her diet actually?

I am a big gluten, sugar, chocolate, pasta, fat and nuts.......addict... I am not an extreme schizophrenic but i always did strange things without thinking a lot before doing them. Recently (since i have found i had candida and maybe a lot of issues and i connected all pieces of the puzzle) i have been more like depressed because all of the reading on the internet searching for cures, diets, not having social life, a broken relationship..... etc.....

I am trying to eat raw meat, but i need to season it a lot with tamari (i think is SCD illegal), onion, parsley, mustard, anchovies and egg yolks......My taste buds are not allowing raw meat alone....

My taste buds are loving raw egg yolks. Ohhh yes they taste soooo goood,  however i need to eat a lot of them and they don´t fill my stomach. I have not found yet a reliable source of pastured eggs because all are certified as "organics" but they feed their hens on "bio grains". And these best eggs costs about 4 euros/dozen. So expensive . They give me bad breath too.....

Recently i read GCB´s book on anopsology and i found one guy ate about 60 raw egg yolks when he begin anopsology in one sitting! Maybe my instinto is saying to me i need egg yolks....who knows!

Edit: Another liver cancer patient on GCB´s book began to eat a lot of grapes, tallow and raw egg yolks......That is raw SCD Instinto i think......

It is curious, my instinto tell me i need raw fats and raw carbs......not a lot of protein....when i do that i usually eat Apples and nuts...and this usually gives me diarrea.....it is the only time i got diarrea....and i am thinking a lot on it.....isn´t diarrea a detox thing?

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2013, 01:33:45 am »
The amounts in food are nowhere near sufficient for what's needed to manage schizophrenic symptoms. I take 15,000% the DV of niacin, or 1,500 mg daily.

I recommend looking into Dr. Hoffer's book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments."

Look into big doses of b complex, vitamin c, and possibly others also.

Drink clean water - distilled or spring.

A raw diet is really helpful. See if you can find a cheap source of grass fed animal fats. Suet, beef fat, etc. It's cheap and great for adding calories and raw fats.

I am deciding what to do but it seems logical to me to start with these supplements, maybe this way i can think better and take better decisions.

I have been drinking only distilled  water for 2 or 3 years. When i recently come back to live with my parents due to my weird deccisions.....mom said me.....what if that distilled water that ytou were drinking is the cause of all your problems??? Then i cut back it, but i am worst right now.....LOL

Unfortunately it is very difficult here to get grass feed only......almost the more organic things are finalised on grains....i will find it if i decide to do this diet....

I don´t know if i could handle raw brain or raw liver seeing that just raw meat is so disgusting to me.....

Thinking on doing the raw mil diet for a month or so and see what will happen. Milk give me the worst tongue coating and i am thinking a lot of things too...there are folks that are detoxing a lot on raw milk only.....I don´t know what is tongue coating but thinking if it is a detox thing....when i did the water fast my white tongue was the worst too.....

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:24 am »
@K-WI,
I get diarrhoea if I eat foods me body doesn't like, especially high carb foods like cereals. Diarrhoea is a sign of detox only as far as you are getting rid of the 'crap' you have eaten recently, not a more helpful type of detox eliminating stored waste. When I eat low carb raw paleo then my body tends to hold onto the food for longer, because the breaking down raw fatty foods continue to be useful and appreciated as they continue digestion.

If you get diarrhoea from something it would be wise to stop eating it.

K-WI, your symptoms have many similarities to mine and we both seem to suffer from carbs. If you follow a low carb raw paleo diet then I would expect you to see a lot of improvements. In my case it seems that I need to be very strict to get the result of feeling great, and with similar food addictions to you it has been quite long road, since every carb cheat takes a few weeks to get over and get back in the groove.

Last year I too thought that I wouldn't be able to eat raw liver, so I blended this and other offal with greens to make smoothies to hide the taste. Now I think liver tastes fine and even kidney is OK.

At the moment I am eating 2 meals a day, with a daily total of 200g pure fat / coconut oil, 400g offal (heart/liver/kidney), 200g meat / fish, plus salt, and 2 eggs. The only thing I really don't like the taste of is the coconut oil - it tastes a bit yucky to me. I weigh and chop this up into bite size bits for breakfast and then again for an early dinner. If I do cheat then it is only on small amounts of low carb foods.

I really want to feel great and the low carb RP diet has had me feeling great before so I am confident that any sacrifices from having to eat this way are well worth it!

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:05 am »
@K-WI,
I get diarrhoea if I eat foods me body doesn't like, especially high carb foods like cereals. Diarrhoea is a sign of detox only as far as you are getting rid of the 'crap' you have eaten recently, not a more helpful type of detox eliminating stored waste. When I eat low carb raw paleo then my body tends to hold onto the food for longer, because the breaking down raw fatty foods continue to be useful and appreciated as they continue digestion.
If you get diarrhoea from something it would be wise to stop eating it.

I never get diarrea from cereals. They form a mussy brownie paste when i go bathroom. It is difficult to clean my ass when eating carbs.......thats true....i need a lot of paper. When i eat only meat....my stools are well formed and dark enough...
Yes probably you have the fact with the diarrea thing....

So if you eat low carb raw paleo you go less times to the bathroom? I think the same, yes. With carbs i am never constipated, i usually go to poop first thing in the morning, but yesterday i ate raw meat....and i didn´t poop today.

Maybe you are trying to say that this is not constipation, just that your body want to hold the food longer because he could get more nutrients from this type of food for more longer time.

K-WI, your symptoms have many similarities to mine and we both seem to suffer from carbs. If you follow a low carb raw paleo diet then I would expect you to see a lot of improvements. In my case it seems that I need to be very strict to get the result of feeling great, and with similar food addictions to you it has been quite long road, since every carb cheat takes a few weeks to get over and get back in the groove.

Yes maybe we suffer from carbs. But are the carbs really the root cause of our problems?
Do you consider cured if you cheat one day on a carb and then you are sick again?
I am thinking on anopsology, but it seems i will begin to eat fruit, fats and eggs......don´t know.

Last year I too thought that I wouldn't be able to eat raw liver, so I blended this and other offal with greens to make smoothies to hide the taste. Now I think liver tastes fine and even kidney is OK.

Did you blend it with water? What greens do you add to it?

At the moment I am eating 2 meals a day, with a daily total of 200g pure fat / coconut oil, 400g offal (heart/liver/kidney), 200g meat / fish, plus salt, and 2 eggs. The only thing I really don't like the taste of is the coconut oil - it tastes a bit yucky to me. I weigh and chop this up into bite size bits for breakfast and then again for an early dinner. If I do cheat then it is only on small amounts of low carb foods.

I can force me to eat this....but i guess if i will eat them trying anopsology....

I really want to feel great and the low carb RP diet has had me feeling great before so I am confident that any sacrifices from having to eat this way are well worth it!

So you are not feeling right just now? Why?.....due to some cheating maybe?
How much time have you been eating this way before and for how time did you cheated?
Why do you cheated if this is the reason?

Sorry about my poor english....
I

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2013, 04:34:08 am »
If you're really dealing with schizophrenia, I'd consider the supplements first. Those were the biggest help for me. In fact, when I tried diet alone, I was really bad. When I was just on supplements, I was fine. With supplements and diet, I'm awesome.

Look into the GI pro health scd legal b complex, vitamin c, and multivitamin. They have the active forms of B12, and folic acid. You can get SCD legal niacin from Solgar with the veggie caps.

As far as diet, you don't need to make it perfect to begin with. Start out supplementing appropriately, drinking clean water, and making small dietary changes. Eliminate the worst junk foods first. Add in some raw foods. It's easier to just eliminate some of the worst foods, and add in the good ones. And just keep doing that till you're eating right.

Also something else I noticed is that it's hard to get some vitamins and minerals on a raw diet. For example you'd have to eat a lot of sea food to get enough iodine. It's hard to get enough calcium and magnesium. Don't hesitate to supplement where you're not getting all the right nutrients. That's where that multivitamin will come in handy.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2013, 05:10:25 am »
Yes is probably that i have some schizofrenia.....i think i really have attention defficit and bipolar disorder......but i also have my fungal issues and parasites.....and thats why i think too on mercury toxicity....and my ugly white tongue!!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:22:38 am by K-WI »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2013, 07:52:04 am »
The white tongue from raw milk is probably not detox.  You probably are just having trouble digesting it. You should probably ferment it first, and see if that helps. I ferment my raw milk, and only eat the fermented/soured cream.  I throw the rest away.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:45 pm »
The white tongue from raw milk is probably not detox.  You probably are just having trouble digesting it

That's the problem I was having with raw milk. Even fermented it's not good for schizophrenics. I recommend avoiding all casein and gluten containing foods.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »
@K-WI,
In answer to your questions...
"Maybe you are trying to say that this is not constipation, just that your body want to hold the food longer because he could get more nutrients from this type of food for more longer time."

Yes, in my short experience it seems that this is true, and at the same time my tummy gets slimmer as the old inflammation disappears and the raw animal food is so fully digested. 

"Yes maybe we suffer from carbs. But are the carbs really the root cause of our problems?"

Since we probably suffer from some kind of undesirable microbe infestation and as many others on this site have found relief removing carbs it seems likely that carbs are one of the biggest root causes.

"Do you consider cured if you cheat one day on a carb and then you are sick again?"

If we have a nourishing and satisfying diet that we choose every day to be fully alive then that is a cure.

"Did you blend it with water? What greens do you add to it?"

A food processor can blend offal and greens dry, if you have a blender then you need to add water. I used edible weeds, spinach, red cabbage, broccoli - anything you like and that is available is fine.

"So you are not feeling right just now? Why?.....due to some cheating maybe?"

Yes, occasionally external pressures and microbial mind control toxins trick me into cheating.

"How much time have you been eating this way before and for how time did you cheated?"

I have been eating lots of raw animal foods for a year and chasing after a low carb raw paleo for 5 months.
Why do you cheated if this is the reason?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 07:44:28 am »
I found an interesting article on thyroid function and schizophrenia. Apparently the same guy (Dr. Abram Hoffer) that used niacin therapy also experimented with thyroid function.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/2001/articles/2001-v16n04-p205.shtml

He says he gave patients dessicated thyroid. Can anyone comment on the difference between that and just taking Lugol's iodine?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 08:00:50 am »
He says he gave patients dessicated thyroid. Can anyone comment on the difference between that and just taking Lugol's iodine?

Dessicated thyroid supplies T3 and T4 along with the other stuff in the actual thyroid gland. Iodine is what converts T4 to T3 - in layman's terms, T3 is manufactured in the body by binding iodine to T4. This is an oversimplification of the process. It's best to find a description of the T3-T4 cycle from a scientific source.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »
An article arguing schizophrenia could be fungal related.

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6335

"What illnesses schizophrenia is associated with provides us with a clue. LSD-25, a fungal generated toxic indole, can give results that are indistinguishable from schizophrenia."

My schizophrenia/personality changes started after ingesting hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »
The white tongue from raw milk is probably not detox.  You probably are just having trouble digesting it. You should probably ferment it first, and see if that helps. I ferment my raw milk, and only eat the fermented/soured cream.  I throw the rest away.

I have always a white tongue. Since 1,5 years i tyhink. But with the milk fast, it gets whiter, thicker and coated entirely. My white tongue form my post on comitee is when drinking just milk. If i ate normal it is just the midle back part

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 08:59:46 pm »
Interesting info on Vitamin K2 and brain function.

http://advances.nutrition.org/content/3/2/204.full

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »

I actually meant 3,000 mg daily, divided into 3 separate doses.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2013, 11:30:04 pm »
Great article on manganese and zinc and their effect in treating schizophrenia.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1999/articles/1999-v14n01-p028.shtml

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:41 am »
this entire thread, from start to now, has been nothing short of wonderfully informative and amazing, even outside of the title topic...  truly intriguing.   proof that diet plays a part in everything.
i appreciate the opportunity to read something of this magnitude, an impressive amount of first person information!

thanks, guys! 
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 10:07:23 am »
Also go back to Daboss healing journal, where I flush my best friend, an orthomolecular doctor from India, the evidence of success on diet on schizophrenia. God bless all
bugs or country chickens

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »
I just met a guy from a common health nut friend and he says he has treated a good number of schizo cases super easy ( for him ).

Raw, you might want to call him up.

William Limvalencia.

Pm me for his contact details.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 03:41:37 am »
Methyl Folate and Schizophrenia

http://www.schizophreniaoptions.com/methyl-folate-and-b12/

"Many individuals with schizophrenia have deficits in metabolism related to methylation, a metabolic process involving carbon donation.   This issues stem from multiple interrelated risk factors involving Cobalamine (B12), Folic Acid (Folate) and Pyridoxine (B6) and the enzymes that interact with these vitamins.

Specifically, low folate levels, high homocysteine levels, and poor folate activation genetics are common in schizophrenia, and these issues appear to confer significant increased risk for development and maintenance of the disorder.  While these deficits occur for a variety of reasons, research has shown that supplementation can correct some aspects of this problem and directly improve symptoms in many individuals."

"Homocysteine is a specific marker for methylation deficits that involve Folate, B12 and/or B6.  Homocysteine is a toxic metabolic step in the methylation cycle (and folate cycle) and high levels of homocysteine have been implicated in many diseases including Depression, Heart Disease, Stroke, Dementia, and Bone Loss.

High plasma homocysteine levels are also common in schizophrenia.   One case-control study reported mean plasma homocysteine levels that were almost 50% higher in schizophrenia compared to controls (16.1 versus 10.9 µmol/L; p=0.028).  Hyperhomocysteinemia with levels greater than 15 µmol/L was seen in 34.4% of subjects with schizophrenia compared to 15.2% of controls (Mabrouk et al. 2011)."

"High homocysteine levels imply that myriad complex metabolic processes essential to physical and mental health are impaired.

One example is Glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant that is often dangerously low in schizophrenia.  In building glutathione homocysteine is first converted to cysteine, the sulfur containing amino acid that acts as its limiting reagent.  Impairment in the complex methylation cycles illustrated in Figure 1 below (from Bradley and Lascalzo 2009) can help explain why glutathione levels are often so low in schizophrenia.  Regardless of whether this is due to genetic abnormalities (e.g., clutamate-cysteine ligase enzyme) or low levels of folate, B6 or B12, intervention is warranted."

"Two problems related to folate have been clearly identified in schizophrenia.  The first issue is clear.  Low plasma folate levels are quite common in this disorder.

One small double-blind study found that 37% of inpatients admitted for schizophrenia had folate levels below 200 µg/l (Godfrey et al. 1990).  A case-control study found high homocysteine levels in schizophrenia in conjunction with folate levels that were half that of controls (8.2 versus 4.2 µmol/L; p<0.001) (Mabrouk et al. 2011).

And these low folate levels appear to matter regarding symptom severity.  Goff et al. (2004) reported plasma folate levels in schizophrenia that are reduced by 43% compared to controls, and they correlated these lower levels to negative symptoms severity as measured by the Schedule for Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS) (r=–0.31, N=91, p<0.01).  In other words, there is a correlation between low folate levels and a worsening negative symptoms."

"Kale et al. (2010) reported 36% reductions in plasma folate and 53% reductions in red blood cell folate in individuals with a first episode of psychosis compared to healthy controls.  This study clearly demonstrates that low levels are not the result of antipsychotic medication use."

"In their study of 123 Han Chinese, Feng et al. (2009) reported that subjects with schizophrenia were more than twice as likely to have two copies of the C677T allele of MTHFR compared with controls (31.7% versus 14.6% in controls with p<0.001).  The presence of two copies was associated with significantly increased homocysteine levels in controls and in schizophrenia.  Particularly notable however was that this adverse effect on homocysteine was especially pronounced in schizophrenia, perhaps due to other overlapping genetic risk factors."

"Folate Trials in Schizophrenia

The studies are clear.  Individuals with schizophrenia are at risk for low plasma folate levels and these low levels are likely to impact symptom severity.  At the same time, there is also risk for carrying folate-related genetics that reduce folate activity by over 50%.  In fact, both issues can exist within the same individual because both are common.

Studies using inactive folate in schizophrenia are likely to increase chances of false negative outcomes.  The use of methyfolate is likely to be a more effective treatment approach in general."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk