Author Topic: Cutting out veggies for some time  (Read 38678 times)

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting out veggies for some time
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 06:39:33 am »
Suiren,
Sounds like you have definitely been around the block a few times.
Best wishes, and  thanks for continuing to share what you learn so that we all can benefit.
It's so frustrating to being 'doing everything right' and still have issues.
Honestly, the GAPS thing hasn't worked for me or a friend of mine either. The raw meat finally did -- hence, I'm here. Yet I believe the knowledge base of GAPS is basically sound for those with gut issues.

Yeah it seems it does help a lot of cooked Paleo folks. Maybe my stomach really does not want fiber at all right now.
Or - it could be my fructose intolerance. That is why I started eating so many grain products years ago. But sometimes I doubt i have an actual fructose intolerance. Itherwise my stomach would be much more upset about the amount of fruits I am eating right now.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 08:26:17 am »
1 day of mea
Hm, I understand the thought behind it, but I will probably crash hard from sudden carb withdrawal.  :o Hypoglycemia might be payjng me a visit. What about having juiced fruit with the meat?

1 day of meat + fat + water most probably won't crash you.
You may then find out if that calms down your tummy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:10:37 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:51 am »
I bought fresh unfrozen cod from WF a few weeks ago.

I bet it's been thawed.  I would be very very surprised if WF does not get all their ocean fish frozen.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 10:30:51 am »
When it's frozen and thawed it usually says pre frozen on the tag  it said fresh and I asked them.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 10:55:26 pm »
1 day of mea
1 day of meat + fat + water most probably won't crash you.
You may then find out if that calms down your tummy.

Okay. Aside from that, how can I make a fruit heavy diet more healthy? What is the least amount of meat that should be consumed?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:06:47 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:17 am »
I did  wai diet for a few months.
When I was in the cleansing phase, it was good.
It helped when I moved my office beside the big big wet market.
I went down as often as I pleased to eat any fruit or fresh sea food on the spot.

I would avoid the fructose heavy fruits... the fructose levels of some can be insane, I can feel it.  Such as too much mangoes, too much jack fruit, too much pineapples.

There is an instinctive aspect too. 

There was a time I'd eat durian every day.
There was a time I'd eat oysters every day.
A time I'd eat shrimp every day.
A time I liked blue marlin every day.
There was a time I liked lots of squid as well.

I ate a big variety of fruits.  Tasted each and every one of them. 
Follow the seasons.

Did I tell you I did fruitarian for 2 months before turning to Wai Diet?
Oh yeah to survive Wai Diet, I needed raw eggs because otherwise, there wasn't enough fat. Ate young coconut meat for fat too.
I do not suggest drinking coconut milk, I'd get upset stomach from that.
I didn't like olive oil for my fat, or maybe the olive oils at that time were the rancid ones, but lately I found good ones.

The fats I ate during wai diet times were: duck and chicken eggs, fish eggs, squid eggs, fatty raw blue marlin, young coconut meat. 
I did not need to drink water. 
Too much hydration already from coconuts and watermelons and papaya and citrus.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:24:07 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »
I never knew you were fruitarian!

The Wai diet seems to be easy in your country since you have all rhe fresh fruits and sea foods available that you need.

How many raw egg yolks do you suggest I should eat? 

I lost weight since I started on this diet (from 108.6 to 103 lbs). Is that normal or Could it be that I am not absorbing some of the calories?
Atm I don't have a better fat than olive oil and eggs. I eat about 2500-2700 cals a day.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »
How many raw egg yolks do you suggest I should eat? 

As many as you need... and that may be anywhere between 0 and 100 in a meal - GCB mentioned  a record of 55 in a meal if I remember correctly. The problem is to find proper eggs.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 09:36:39 pm »
I agree on the instinct as to how much egg your body tells you right now.  Aajonus says the same thing to his cancer patients. 

I gained weight due to deworming and probiotics and eating more animal foods.

My food these days are very low in protein.  Seems i've filled my protein needs. Or maybe the raw cheese experiments are giving enough protein.

Aajonus has a frequent feeding weight gain eating schedule outline in his book.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:43:59 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 03:18:54 am »
Wow! That is a lot of eggs! I don't think I will be craving that many. I am building up to test how many I want to eat. Had three so far today.
We buy organic free range eggs, they are fed some grains and pick their own food. Best we can get here.

GS how did you deworm yourself? Are there any ways to donit for a weakling like me? ;)

My protein intake is pretty low right now too. Hopefully not too low.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52:11 am »
Wow! That is a lot of eggs! I don't think I will be craving that many. I am building up to test how many I want to eat. Had three so far today.
We buy organic free range eggs, they are fed some grains and pick their own food. Best we can get here.

GS how did you deworm yourself? Are there any ways to donit for a weakling like me? ;)

My protein intake is pretty low right now too. Hopefully not too low.

I had tapeworms.  I took www.humaworm.com for 30 days.  Gained 10 pounds immediately.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 09:19:45 am »
HOw did you know you had them??   Did you see segments?  I think or have heard it's like with dogs, you can see the segments, if not you probably don't have them, or at least they are in their infantile stage and aren't creating segments that break off.  What do you think GS?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »
HOw did you know you had them??   Did you see segments?  I think or have heard it's like with dogs, you can see the segments, if not you probably don't have them, or at least they are in their infantile stage and aren't creating segments that break off.  What do you think GS?

I was discussing my tape worms issue here in this forum.  Took pics. Took videos. Youtube erased my videos.  The tapeworm segments were in my every poop. And happily moving about.  The segments would crawl out of my butt any time of the day.  I would play with my tape worm segments.

Stamped confirmed.  Even showed them to my kids.

Tried various more natural foods to get rid of them. Finally decided on herbs.

Tyler had his own worms, he used a drug to get rid of them.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 05:03:05 pm »
So if I don't see anything crawling in my poop is it likely I don't have worms? Or are there other types and I could still benefit from deworming?
I have eaten some fish that seems had parasites or bacteria. At least we felt sick after.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »
So if I don't see anything crawling in my poop is it likely I don't have worms? Or are there other types and I could still benefit from deworming?
I have eaten some fish that seems had parasites or bacteria. At least we felt sick after.

Aajonus is of the opinion that parasites are usually beneficial.
Hulda clark is of the opinion that parasites are harmful.
Both agree parasites are ubiquitous.  (there are lots and lots of different ones.)

It is up to you and I to decide if and when parasites are harmful, when to kick them out.

Livestock raisers and pet raisers decide if and when parasites are harmful and when to kick them out.

Much earlier pre-raw in 2006 I had liver flukes in my poops, they looked like tomato peels, even if I didn't eat any tomatoes.

My sister was 4-5 years old when she coughed up a 7 inch long whipping round worm in the car and she wasn't on raw.

I deworm my children every 2 years.  Or when I see symptoms.  Like when my girl had not much appetite and appeared too thin.  I'd say her deworming was a success because she started eating well again and gained weight.

My tapeworm deworming was a success because I gained weight and ate drastically less.  Darned tapeworms were eating my food.

We have herbal dewormer from www.oldfashionedspices.com on stand by because protozoa such as amoeba is a common parasite that gives tummy aches and would usually send my wife to the hospital, happened to her 3 times already.  But now that we have this herbal dewormer on stand by, any rumblings she gets that she suspects is some amoeba she would take the dewormer for 2 days and her symptoms vanish.  Same thing happened to my sister in law when she was suspected of having amoebiasis.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:11:10 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 06:10:13 pm »
These tung shueh cow's head brand pills made me gain weight fast as I experimented with this for the benefit of my boy before I gave it to him. (Parent as guinea pig before giving any drug or herbs to children.)

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2012/10/27/tung-shueh-pills-cows-head-brand-review-by-tcm-healer-sifu-jen-sam/

(I would not bet on this if you are breast feeding).

Aajonus says some people should eat some starch if they need to gain weight.

I once heard you were breast feeding, so I would suggest you consume foods that promote breast milk and hopefully make you gain weight.  In my country the first aid for making more breast milk is raw dried and capsuled malunggay.  Buy malunggay capsules from your Filipino store.  My wife and my sister in law swear by them. Increase 1 or 2 cup sizes full of milk.  I attached a picture of the box of malunggay capsules.  There are many brands.

Malunggay leaves are a vegetable, these are dried and ground and put in capsules.

The traditional way was to eat cooked souped malunggay leaves but these raw dried capsulated malunggay are drastically more effective.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:20:27 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:46 pm »
I had tapeworms.  I took www.humaworm.com for 30 days.  Gained 10 pounds immediately.

for what its worth I took humaworm, even though I had no confirmation that I had parasites either before, during or after.  placebo effect or not I felt better physically after taking the humaworm.  they are very nice people that even took out one of the herbs for me(licorice root)

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 05:51:51 am »
GS, Humaworm doesn't ship to Germany. Do you know any others?

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 08:13:02 pm »
Bump

Sadly they don't seem to ship here. I just looked up a bunch of paraites and can't stop being nauseated right now. Some of them infest such weird parts of the body...how can you even get rid of them when not in your intestines?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 11:51:17 pm »
Suiren,   One can drive oneself nuts over the worry of parasites.  Even if you do take an herbal dewormer,   there will always be the thought that you didn't get them all, or it wasn't effective for all types of worms etc..  My suggestion is to find a good parasite lab and get yourself tested.  It puts a lot worry to bed.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:31 am »
Van
I will be talking to my gastroenterologist tomorrow about my digestive issues. Maybe he knows such a lab?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 09:19:46 am »
You get negative reactions from "high-meat"? That's unusual. What are they?

my ibs issues start to come back....  namely frequent bm's (colon spasms).  i was thinking that maybe it has to do with the acidity??  i can eat all the aged meat i want wo problems though.

If you want decent probiotics, try EM(Effective Microorganisms) Products.

thanks, any testimonials?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 09:24:24 am »
Ioanna, I think you have to use your intuition about the probiotics.  Like GS said, some are compatible some are not.  I know its a costly thing to experiment with so perhaps just making sure you are eating plenty of aged meats might be a good idea.

so here's what i did... i read that people with ibs and gi issues benefit from psyllium and flax, and taking a probiotic at the same time is synergistic. psyllium/flax slows things down so the probiotics can actually adhere, and the fiber is supposed to be a prebiotic.  so, i did this with psyllium plus probiotic and seems to have worked.  this is the brand of probiotic that previously gave me diarrhea all day, but the combo seemed to keep me 'normal'.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:33 am »
so here's what i did... i read that people with ibs and gi issues benefit from psyllium and flax, and taking a probiotic at the same time is synergistic. psyllium/flax slows things down so the probiotics can actually adhere, and the fiber is supposed to be a prebiotic.  so, i did this with psyllium plus probiotic and seems to have worked.  this is the brand of probiotic that previously gave me diarrhea all day, but the combo seemed to keep me 'normal'.

Keep us posted. I'm glad that's working for now.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 12:38:59 pm »
What are food sources of probiotics besides high-meat? Does natto (Japanese fermented soybeans) contain probiotics?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk