Author Topic: eggshells for white teeth  (Read 16382 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
eggshells for white teeth
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:36:58 am »
i had some stains on my teeth that werent hurting me at all but I decided to try and see if eggshells work to get rid of them. Been eating about one eggshell a day in my shakes for amost a onth and those stains are significantly whiter now and my teeth feel a lot stronger too. Anyone with teeth problems need to start eating eggshells.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: eggshells for white teeth
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:46 am »
I have soft enamel and yellow teeth. I wanted to try brushing with clay and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide, but ill give your way a shot first.

currently I've been brushing with sodium ascorbate, which is formed with baking soda and ascorbic acid, and comes out salty. It demolished all tartar on first pass and left my teeth smoother than the dentist.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »
havent brushed my teeth in months and they feel better than ever never any pain. Used to have tooth pain almost every time when eating fruit or honey. My only problem was the stains and now they are leaving cuz of the eggshells. I believe brushing is unnecessary but if I ever were to brush id use terramin clay or terramin clay mixed with butter.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:37:46 am »
Do you just stick the egg in a blender so it becomes powder? And do you think I could get too many egg shells if I have say 4 whole eggs fr breakfast, including shells?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:47:16 am »
i eat abot one eggshell a day and it seems to be enough for me. I just throw a whole egg in my blender with my other two shel free eggs and blend my smoothie. I like it blended into powder, i dont find chewing shells to be too fun but you should just experiment yourself.

4 shells a day seems a bit much for me though.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:35:35 am »
Ya i tried to chew them and it felt like eating dirt. My teeth are still soft from SAD, but I imagine in time I may be able to eat them whole. Thanks. I'll start with one shell and work up. Maybe ill take pictures for proof.
-Dustin

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:22 am »
yes chewing them is quite unpleasant. eating them blended into shakes is very easy though.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:01 am »
Lot's of calcium in an egg shell, lots, and little magnesium,, pretty imbalanced mineral source for long term use.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:41 am »
I've been brushing my teeth with a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and there is a noticeable difference in the color of my teeth. All you have to do is mix the two until they form a pasty texture.

My favorite toothpaste is Desert Essence Toothpaste. It is Flouride, SLS, and Gluten free.
Calcium Carbonate and Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) are both in this toothpaste which help remove the yellow.
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 11:13:24 am »
I've been brushing my teeth with a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and there is a noticeable difference in the color of my teeth. All you have to do is mix the two until they form a pasty texture.

My favorite toothpaste is Desert Essence Toothpaste. It is Flouride, SLS, and Gluten free.
Calcium Carbonate and Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) are both in this toothpaste which help remove the yellow.

Baking soda seems to do well. I'm worried a little about too much Hyd. Per. affecting my enamel. Any risk there? Gosh it tastes awful.
-Dustin

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 12:20:49 pm »
Lot's of calcium in an egg shell, lots, and little magnesium,, pretty imbalanced mineral source for long term use.

only if you believe in the calcium/magnesium balance theory. Ill believe it if I see some good proof which I have not seen yet. And no that study done on pasteurized dairy that everyone loves to cite so much doesnt count.

If you have something else id like to see it.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »
just personal experience drinking goats milk for years, and eating lots of fresh bone meal.   Calcium is everywhere, mg is the hard one to get enough of.  I do think there's a relation to excess ca. and it settling in various part of the body.  No proof though. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 12:38:38 am »
any minerals your body doesnt need to use at the time are excreted through the urine.
If the body has more calcium than it needs it would simply deposit the excess into the urine especially if its raw calcium that the body can easily manipulate.

Iv been drinking about a half gallon of milk per day for about a year and half now with no breaks and have no symptoms of calcium/magnesium imbalance. We will see if that changes.

as far as personal experience you goes you must have a very special body to be able to recognize that a certain problem is caused by a calcium magnesium imbalance. Im not sure how youd be able to experientially pinpoint which exact minerals are causing you a certain problem.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:31 am »
see how it goes for you in say 15 years of drinking that much milk.  but I think as you mentioned before, you eat quite a bit of seafood too, which has a much better Ca/Mg ratio.  To say that all excess minerals gets excreted through the kidneys would mean that they all at some point got into the blood stream.  You might look into some of the theories or ideas about kidney stones, certain forms of arthritis and other joint inflexibilities.  Also the fatty deposits on arteries around the heart are full of Ca.   

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 04:12:00 am »
i can see how those things apply to cooked foods but raw minerals are easily manipulated by the body for excretion. Its only cooked resins that build up and get stuck in arteries and such.

So what if excess minerals got in the blood as long as the unneeded ones are excreted through the urine anyway?

only cooked fat deposits itself in detrimental places, this problem doesnt exist with raw fat.

also my arthritis and joint pain has gone away due to dairy. It begins to return when I no longer have access.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:35 am »
just personal experience drinking goats milk for years, and eating lots of fresh bone meal.   Calcium is everywhere, mg is the hard one to get enough of.  I do think there's a relation to excess ca. and it settling in various part of the body.  No proof though. 

There's proof. 

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1667088

That's one of literally dozens of studies on the issue. High calcium intake is very definitely correlated with heart disease and early death in general.  I occasionally take some bone meal for my teeth, but no more than a tablespoon a week, usually much less.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 01:16:32 am »
So the point of the study is that taking chemically extracted calcium is going to cause problems...i coulda told you that without a study. Taking anything chemically extracted regularly is going to cause problems duh.

How that study relates to raw dairy i do not know.

what if I should post a study about how protein powders fuck up your body as a reason not to consume raw meat?
Everyone would surely attack me yet it is the same exact thing which you do.

damaged calcium does not =raw calcium

i cant believe we are still dealing with this issue of irrelevant studies.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 11:41:05 am »
So the point of the study is that taking chemically extracted calcium is going to cause problems...i coulda told you that without a study. Taking anything chemically extracted regularly is going to cause problems duh.

How that study relates to raw dairy i do not know.

what if I should post a study about how protein powders fuck up your body as a reason not to consume raw meat?
Everyone would surely attack me yet it is the same exact thing which you do.

damaged calcium does not =raw calcium

i cant believe we are still dealing with this issue of irrelevant studies.

Sure, proteins and other things in food are damaged by heat.  The minerals are not, though.

I notice joint problems when I'm eating all of the dairy, instead of just the cream.

And I'd like to remind you that minerals are not especially affected by heat. You can cook dolomite or apatite all day, and it's still just dolomite or apatite. It doesn't change, chemically.  Your body can absorb the calcium and magnesium in it, just like your body can absorb the calcium and magnesium in milk, and the cal/mag in supplements.

Not only that, but plenty of people notice relief of various symptoms when they use calcium and magnesium supplements, or other mineral supplements.  What's the difference between healing sensitive teeth with  a calcium mineral supplement, versus just eating raw bone meal, versus eating cooked bone meal?.  Very little.

Getting enough vitamin D and K2 will certainly help, but, in the end, the 12:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium in dairy is not to be taken lightly. Some people would probably not have any problems from it, even after decades.  Others will, including me.

At the very least, if I were eating as much dairy as you are, I would try a magnesium supplement for a few days, just to see if it changes anything.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 11:46:42 am »
I can also post links to several studies showing that magnesium in drinking water is protective against various diseases, including heart disease and stroke, whereas calcium is NOT protective against those same things. Feel free to google that yourself.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »
CK; I kinda assumed that minerals were affected by heat. Since there are organic and inorganic minerals (iron in beef isn't the same as iron in a metal nail) I guess I figured heating it made it closer to inorganic. Maybe I made too many jumps and assumed wrong?
-Dustin

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »
I too would love to know if there is a truth behind all the talk about organic and inorganic minerals, as it relates to cooked and non cooked, and it's effects, and whether the body readily absorbs inorganic minerals and  more importantly whether they become a burden over time in the body.  There are many who speak about inorganic (cooked) minerals and in organic sources, ie, rock, dirt etc.  as getting stuck in the body.  Then there's the talk about ionic minerals, still not being organic by the fact that they aren't attached by a carbon atom, ( I think) as being different from minerals taken up by a plant and being 'organic'.    It's easy to hear arguments, fairly intelligent arguments on both sides. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 08:45:21 am »
I too would love to know if there is a truth behind all the talk about organic and inorganic minerals, as it relates to cooked and non cooked, and it's effects, and whether the body readily absorbs inorganic minerals and  more importantly whether they become a burden over time in the body.  There are many who speak about inorganic (cooked) minerals and in organic sources, ie, rock, dirt etc.  as getting stuck in the body.  Then there's the talk about ionic minerals, still not being organic by the fact that they aren't attached by a carbon atom, ( I think) as being different from minerals taken up by a plant and being 'organic'.    It's easy to hear arguments, fairly intelligent arguments on both sides. 

There may be something to the "organic versus inorganic minerals" thing, but animals crave and eat mineral-rich clays in nature. As well, ruminants are attracted to salt licks.

Pretty much I think it's raw vegan nonsense. Some of them will say and/or believe ANYthing.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »
Then why can't one uptake minerals like iron from a finely ground nail, assuming correct dosage? Is it because a nail, through heating, loses something that allows it to uptake? Couldn't clay at any point in history been exposed to a natural fire? Playing devil's advocate here to seek truth. I don't think salt is ever heated but it seems to form from minerals floating in the sea. Do those minerals come from seafood or sea plant life? The water itself being saltwater provides it as a precipitate through evaporation? Something must renew it or we would easily detect less salty water over the course of a thousand years.

I still think there may be something to organic vs inorganic, but I never took organic chem in college haha, I hear ot was difficult. Organic chem must be a somewhat fluid science with exceptions left and right. Does anybody know about organic chem?
-Dustin

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 02:52:45 pm »
oh, i know i shouldn't, but...     -\

i tend to side with van and c_k...  nature is all about balance.  too much of anything is not good, whether organic, or raw, or not.  the organs in the body that act as filters, and pass / redirect excess compounds and minerals, eventually get clogged, damaged, and less effective over time from doing this job.  compare livers between a young and old animal, they are definitely different, even if diet is identical, and totally "organic" and "raw".  buildup happens somewhere, with consequences of some form.   i guess the only validation will come 40 years from now, when we all revisit this thread, and compare personal notes.

the mention of "only heated resins build up and clog arteries and such" seems very ironic when considering the avatar being used...     ;)
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 03:01:13 pm »
and for the record, my dental issues only noticeably diminished after deleting dairy items from my diet.  none too concerned with yellowing, what little enamel is left, is a beautiful thing, regardless of color.     ;D
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk