Author Topic: anybody ever get colds anymore?  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
anybody ever get colds anymore?
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:04:00 pm »
Everyone in my house had a cold For the last week except me. Guess who's been eating raw for the last 3 weeks? Haha, this
 is truly amazing, my immune system could handle it all. I feel great. I was preemptive with RFCLO, used a lot of fat to stay detoxed, water. Pretty much the avg RPD.

By the way, this is rare for me, as I was often the most sick for the longest time.

Who has gotten sick since doing a correct raw diet?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: anybody ever get colds anymore?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:45:55 pm »
I get about 1 cold a year, usually.  I have no trouble functioning while I have the cold, though.

I've actually had three colds in the last 5 months, but I think that's due to eating too many clams, and getting too much of the minerals in clams, maybe copper. I've since cut back on clams, and increased oysters, to get zinc. 

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:26:45 pm »
Keeping detoxed is the trick as you say DrD.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 11:55:55 pm »
I'm sorta immune to colds.

But I was not immune to chicken pox!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:36:32 am »
I don't catch colds, even though I work in contact with the public and have grandchildren that bring home colds from school. It is not my immune system that saves me. I don't get sick because I don't eat a mucous-forming diet. Even if the so-called cold germs are everywhere, they don't find a hospitable home in my respiratory passages, so they don't move in and multiply.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 03:40:07 am »
I usually start feeling a little "oh no am I getting sick?" in the winter when everyone else is all snotty and sick, for the most part if I go outside and get some fresh air and drink plenty of water/tea and get rest I feel a lot better and never gets past that initial stage.  The last time I actually "got sick" was when I visited my grandpa in the hospital, I got a sore throat and boogers and that was it, went away in a few days.  I never get those knock out colds anymore but haven't really had them in my adult life as my mother was smart and just left me to sleep and suffer them off as a child, thanks ma!  I still deal with autoimmune issues, which is weird, but no colds or pollen allergies!

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 04:01:25 am »
How long are you doing RPD Dr. D? 3 weeks?
The chance that any such events like not getting the cold could be associated to your short eating of raw food is tiny.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »
How long are you doing RPD Dr. D? 3 weeks?
The chance that any such events like not getting the cold could be associated to your short eating of raw food is tiny.

I was raw for 3 weeks when they started getting sick. I'm pushing a month now. Maybe its a coincidence, but it would be the first coincidence of my life for not getti.g sick when anyone around me is. I could guarantee a cold if anyone else had one. I had a terrible immune system. I'd get sick about 4 times a year, each lasting 2 weeks, sometimes a cough for a month. Seems too coincidental to me. I really feel like my immune system has strengthened a lot.

However, I'm not opposed to calling it a coincidence. It's why I posted, I wanted to see if my guess was near right.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 02:43:16 pm »
considering my line of work, and the nasty, snotty nosed, coughing, sick tourists from canada i come into direct contact with, i have yet to get sick since going raw...  many co-workers are not as fortunate as i've been (really, canada...  if you're sick, stay home!  go on vacation when you feel better! you're not enjoying yourself while drinking nyquil!)...  and in case it's related, my seasonal allergies to the palm trees here diminished to a 2 day stint, instead of the multi week sinus suffering i endured before... 

i do blame "raw" for improved health, defense against sickness, and a noticeable, significant decrease in migraine headaches, too...
oh, and still no recurrence of kidney stones...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 01:57:06 am »
I'm not all raw but have been all Paleo for over a year and  not gotten sick despite others around me being sick.
I only recently got sick after cheating for over a month (test).
My son is 100% raw and only had a stuffy nose twice since he was born.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk