Author Topic: No scientific studies have shown benefits of raw food diets...  (Read 24569 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: No scientific studies have shown benefits of raw food diets...
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 05:00:05 am »
What's so bad about ice cream?
Not paleo at all: even regular milk consumption is very recent, more recent than grain consumption.
http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/articles/dairy-food-articles/
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 08:54:59 am »
Domesticated animals and animals are really so different, its upsetting.
What have we done

I have seen on youtube a video of a cat that is given the choice between veggies and raw meat (the are laid out in front of the cat, one on either side) and the cat chooses the veggies.
Cats are obligate carnivores.

its probably just that it is nasty ass meat that is really old but kept fresh by whatever chems they use now a days

although I do have to wonder about dumpster diving animals, like squirrels and birds and bears.  they are always so much more haggard then their truly wild relatives, and its just a generational thing, and what they learn, same with humans.......

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 09:30:10 am »
What is science? When my hubby wanted to be a physicist, his professors discouraged him to be one cause, nothing to discover in physics (according to those professors). Anyway , it looks like science is for only how to serve Monsanto  and how to destroy this beautiful  world. We need the proof from real people, real life now.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 10:09:06 am »
back to starch, i've been experimenting with jicama. anyone eat this? i forgot about plantains! i'll try those next :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 11:08:26 pm »
Jicama contains a fructan called inulin. Most plants that contain lots of inulin have very little resistant starch.

Sources of resistant starch (when raw or low-heated) include these and others, roughly from highest-RS content to lowest:

- Bob's Red Mill unmodified potato starch (highest measured resistant starch content)
- uncooked plantain flour
- Bob's Red Mill tapioca flour (probably) from cassava plants
- dried raw green plantains
- raw potato slice or dried raw (don't eat too many undried ones, as they are mildly toxic, but my grandfather used to eat a few slices on occasion)
- dried raw green bananas (much less RS than plantains)

Ripe plantains also contain resistant starch, but they also contain lots of sugar.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 08:25:10 am »
What is science? When my hubby wanted to be a physicist, his professors discouraged him to be one cause, nothing to discover in physics (according to those professors). Anyway , it looks like science is for only how to serve Monsanto  and how to destroy this beautiful  world. We need the proof from real people, real life now.

I agree entirely, the major issue is that people demand science. They won't even give you the time of day, if you can't beat their science with your science. Even though they absolutely cannot understand science, and are just regurgitating the information that they have blindly swallowed. I'm interested in informing all of these mislead people, so that the world around me can begin recovering from the generations of misinformation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk