Author Topic: Anomaly  (Read 13554 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Anomaly
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:40:56 am »
As people here generally know,  I still consume alcohol at times. I noticed recently, incidentally, that when I was in a pub that I got a lot quicker  under the influence  than if I consumed alcohol at home. Moreover, at the pub I only ever drink beer whereas, at home, I drink  much stronger stuff, usually spirits or liqueurs. Anyone else experience this or are most of us strict teetotallers?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:08:56 am »
quicker at doing what?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:24:36 am »
At home you are most likely in  your comfort zone, so your level of adapting to the situation while under the influence and the level of judgement necessary isn't as high.

When you are the the pub you are being bombarded by random stimulus, others conversation, different lighting, etcetc, so the amount of information you are receiving and must interpret is much higher, and so you may be more aware of your level of coherence.

For scientific reasons, I request that you go to the pub and drink what/how you would at home, and see if you don't feel much more sloshed.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 02:33:00 am »
If I would ever into alcohol, which i never touched in my life, I really will take marijuana instead
bugs or country chickens

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:48:15 am »
I think I've noticed that too. Wine, beer, hard liquors, doesn't matter. I get more buzzed drunk when out than at home. Not only in the bar but also outside. I think some of it has to do with quality of drink. I also think they serve bigger than "1 beer" size drinks. For example a beer ordered on tap would generally be poured at about 1.5 beers-worth.

Possibly a difference in what's in your stomach? I know at home I eat then drink. When out, I usually haven't, or don't care to eat.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:35 am »
maybe to do with "set, and setting"...
(this typically applies to any drug use)

your mindset, ie:  you go to a bar for a single purpose (to get swilly with others).
your environment / setting, ie:  being in an atmosphere where others are enjoying their buzz, acts as a catalyst for your own buzz.

being in the right conditions for "set, and setting" can enhance the overall experience.  if one is off, the experience suffers...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:05:14 pm »
quicker at doing what?
"Under the influence" as in "under the influence of alcohol".
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »
"Under the influence" as in "under the influence of alcohol".

Ah ok. I can't comment on this, because I rarely drink now (last 2 times I drank was 1.5 months and 9.5 months ago) and if I do it is always red wine and never at a bar or pub or the like.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36:11 am »
mr durden, the next time you are in a pub, getting hammered with a group of strangers while singing billy joel songs "off - key"...  why not take a brief moment to contemplate your recent post in the av thread...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »
If I would ever into alcohol, which i never touched in my life, I really will take marijuana instead

Excellent point. Alcohol has so many more negative effects on the body compared to marijuana.

Why not try an herbal intoxicant, Tyler?

You should take a trip to Amsterdam and check out the hash bar, if you want to get out and have a good time...
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:58:47 pm »
mr durden, the next time you are in a pub, getting hammered with a group of strangers while singing billy joel songs "off - key"...  why not take a brief moment to contemplate your recent post in the av thread...
Alcohol won´t kill me as I don´t overdo it.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:11:39 pm »
The sad thing about marijuana is it has been bred to be only intoxicating, not very medicinal.  The best qualities of the best strains have been lost long ago.  Due to people not recognizing the medicinal properties and the market only appreciating the intoxicating factors.  Also things like epigenetics take a toll on the quality of those few strains that are left that do have some really interesting medicinal and spiritual properties.  They change so much when they are grown where they must be due to legality and safety.

I think it's just a matter of moderation and accessing overall health.  I doubt that a few shots or a couple beers would do much damage to someone who hasn't over done it in the past and keeps a very healthy, active and balanced lifestyle. 

(TBH even typing the words "a few shots" makes my liver ache, ha!)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:17:46 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:09 am »
It has been ages since I last got dizzy with alcohol.
Few months ago I tried to eat some organic raw cacao paste from this farm and as soon as I placed it on my tongue I got headache and a bit of tachicardia.. hah

It could be because of quality. Do you drink raw liquors at home?
BTW, here local people make "cacao honey", squeezing pulp from seed and it naturally ferments very quickly people go crazy about it. O0

I guess drinking brews it is part of a natural diet, even prior of agriculture.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 07:21:52 am »
How do you feel drinking a beer at home? My friends sometimes say they get more drunk off beer, usually because they drink liquor mostly.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline straight8

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 07:35:17 am »
I figure it all comes back to set and setting. Environment and company  definitely factor in effects. When I drink alone its pretty introspective, but in mixed company I tend toward rowdiness...either being the party boy or drunk menace.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:52:50 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 07:36:28 am »
 When you drink liquor at home do you drink it straight or mix it?

When you go out to drink is it on an empty stomach?

There are so many factors involved which can alter the rate of alcohol absorption.

You can do what the old time expert drinkers I know do and mix a couple of raw eggs in your ale. Its suppose to fortify you and slow the absorption of alcohol. Then after drinking all night they would also put an egg in their beer in the morning to ease a hangover.

Beer And Raw Egg
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:41:49 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:30 am »
Alcohol won´t kill me as I don´t overdo it.

i am so sorry, mr durden, you completely misunderstood my point...  i was trying to be a little "covert" on a suggestion to you...  it had nothing to do with your ill demise!   haha...  you must really think i'm an ass...  (well, more now than before!)

i was referring to the comment you made about "someone filling his shoes..."   why not step up? 

geez, that went totally wrong...    lol...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »
i am so sorry, mr durden, you completely misunderstood my point...  i was trying to be a little "covert" on a suggestion to you...  it had nothing to do with your ill demise!   haha...  you must really think i'm an ass...  (well, more now than before!)

i was referring to the comment you made about "someone filling his shoes..."   why not step up? 

geez, that went totally wrong...    lol...
Oh, I see!   ;)   No, I really am not charismatic etc.  enough to step into his shoes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 04:00:21 pm »
I usually drink alcohol on an empty stomach, whether outside the house or inside. As for beer, yes, I think that´s the case with me too. I guess we all adapt to the type of alcohol we usually drink.

Raw eggs apparently replace the fats destroyed by alcohol.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 11:34:14 pm »
Oh, I see!   ;)   No, I really am not charismatic etc.  enough to step into his shoes.

Said every great leader in history.
-Dustin

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:39 am »
Said every great leader in history.

indeed...   

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 10:33:41 am »
The sad thing about marijuana is it has been bred to be only intoxicating, not very medicinal.  The best qualities of the best strains have been lost long ago.  Due to people not recognizing the medicinal properties and the market only appreciating the intoxicating factors.  Also things like epigenetics take a toll on the quality of those few strains that are left that do have some really interesting medicinal and spiritual properties.  They change so much when they are grown where they must be due to legality and safety.

I think it's just a matter of moderation and accessing overall health.  I doubt that a few shots or a couple beers would do much damage to someone who hasn't over done it in the past and keeps a very healthy, active and balanced lifestyle. 

(TBH even typing the words "a few shots" makes my liver ache, ha!)

thats bullshit. Plenty of companies work only with landrace strains meaning its what theyv had for thousands of  years in that particular area.

this video shows you how one company brings you all the strains you will buy form them.

Kings of Cannabis (Full Length Documentary)

also the recreational effect and medicinal effect are one in the same. If you want ultimate medicinal effect with no recreational effect then juice it, that is however quite unlikely in todays world to get your hands on the leaves or enough buds.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:41:18 am by svrn »
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 10:34:48 am »
the finest alcohols make me feel like crap. the finest weed only makes me feel better. If i take too much then i just sleep for a very long time, very healing.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 10:43:51 am »
that's all fine and good, but please,  down tone your responses, and simply add information to enlighten.   thanks

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 10:54:43 am »
Do they grow those landrace strains where they are from?  do they never cross those?  i doubt it. 

I really think there are people that cannabis isn't suitable medicine for.  I am one of those people.  what state do you live in svrn?  I am from Colorado, cannabis culture is pretty old and common out there.

Not really the best choice for pain meds by most because most people dont try and treat root causes first.  it just deemphasizes the need to clean up diet and lifestyle and insure emotional and spiritual needs are dealt with.  balancing all this is the best pain med you could ask for.   i do see where this does happen, but there are so many cardholders and people who smoke that could give a fuck.  there are also other herbal meds that can more acutely treat symptoms.  i always have hoped marijuana would be the gateway drug to more natural medicines, but the fact is there is an industry that thrives on its recreational use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk