Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209761 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2013, 08:21:46 am »
sabertooth  where do you find all these producers of natuRal lamb at such cut rate prices? i have never met any who did not use chemicals and  was all grass fed at the same time except for the one i jjust bought out. all the sheep farmers i know charge twice for cuts and half as much moore for ground than i do for whole. plus their grass fed lambs arent loaded down with extra fat like mine are. i guess all that bluegrass in your state, must be a lot of sheep farms

Its a magical land I live in.  A far away place, called Kentucky.

Kentucky was once the mutton capital of the world, before refrigerated rail cars ushered in the age of Beef.  Though now days the comercial lamb busness is fairly small. The bluegrass area of Kentucky is known for its mineral rich soil. Sheep do very well being pasture raised in these parts.

Lambs in general are lean, because they are immature and still growing, but fully mature sheep have no problem at all fattening up on pasture around here.

I think much of the reason people try and use grain to fatten sheep and use chemical wormers and vaccines, is due to ignorance and greed. Lambs are slaughtered young and fetch a premium at the market, so farmers will use corn to fatten them up quickly to slaughter before they mature. They have to worm them because while keeping them pinned up to feed grain they become more susceptible to parasite overload. Sheep if allowed to grow at their natural rate fatten up just fine on grass, and if people practice good animal husbandry by rotating pastures, and using hardy breeds acclimated to the area then wormers are not necessary.

A warning to everyone, conventional producers almost always worm animals before taking them to a slaughter house. Many of the wormed animals fattened on grain I have seen have cyst on their livers, and taste bad. If you do buy from local producers make sure the animals are grass fed and not treated with chemical wormers. There are herbal wormers and minerals like DE that are just as effective and will not damage the animals organs.

I depend a lot on craigslist and word of mouth to find small scale farms run by people who raise sheep on pasture.

Some people raise wool sheep and because there is no push for them to fatten them up they leave them to pasture, and I can buy up unwanted rams for a bargain.

Many of the people are aware of the problems with modern food production and raise a small flock for their own use, and will sell off a few sheep in order to keep their flock to a manageable size.

Here is an add for example http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/4133491991.html

Sabertooth I am so proud of you...! We need more of those daring souls that burn to change things for the better. If I can help you in any way with your endeavour please let me know (just money this girl does not have.. -[)

Thank you for the encouraging words, I will keep your offer in mind..... The day may come when I will need your help....

Perhaps if I do get famous in Germany and travel to Europe, I could tour the continent. If so, then some Aid for the Crusade from the Raw Paleo people out there on the other side of the Atlantic, would be greatly welcome.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:10:14 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2013, 01:05:19 pm »
inger, my doctor was forgiving of my cholesterol for my high hdl too, but my highest was in the 60's… your's is much higher, your fat source must be so wonderful!!!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:58 am »
Still waiting for the German show to air, but I found this clip while searching around...... They are right, I do like it Raw!

Guy Eats Nothing But Raw Meat For Five Years

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2013, 09:45:34 am »
There are stars in my eyes.....

I am meeting with a film maker this weekend, to make a pitch for a movie to a production company. Basically if the company likes the pitch they would provide the funding needed to make an original movie or documentary, or something in between.

We discussed a few Ideas over the phone... there are so many angels to take. I want to do  something that would entertain as well as educate.
I'm leaning toward doing an adventure series where I could go out to wrangle wildlife similar to the way the late great Steve Irwin had done.

With one big difference after I catch the crock I will eat it. Of course I wouldn't be limited to crocks, I would visit the Mongolian sheep herding women, and then amazon tribes to learn to hunt monkey with blow darts, then go off to spear fish with the sea gypsies. Each episode could showcase a different group of people who are more in touch with there primal way of living.

The film maker is a big fan of Weston Price and he even suggested that it would be great if we could visit the tribes of raw meat eaters and repeat a Raw vision of his own journey.To capture the health and well being of the tribes people and showcase them along side an average joe who is on a trek to rediscover his primal roots would be inspiring.

I would welcome any creative advice from the forum on the subject, remember it's for a movie so anything goes, though I would want whatever the film may be to be true to life and portray the the raw paleo lifestyle in a positive light.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:35:32 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2013, 11:34:18 am »
Fantastic. Congratulations! And best wishes. The Eskimos with their stinkheads, stink flipper, etc. come to mind, and the Chukchi, with their fermented walrus. The Nenets with their raw frozen reindeer meat. The Scandinavians, with their Surstromming. The Maori with their kapiro. The boxty (bacstaí or arán bocht tí) of the northern Irish. Try the Mongolians' airag and Turkic kumis. Remember to comb your hair. The modern people don't like wild hair, it seems. They have many fears. Fear seems to guide them. If you can, please try to help present these and other traditional peoples in a good, respectful light. The modern world has demonized them as evil savages.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:44:01 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:59 pm »
Haha Phil!  " Remember to comb your hair. The modern people don't like wild hair, it seems"

Sabertooth, seems like a good story would be how you are ostracized by your family/community, even though you are in great health, and that you want to find the origin of your habits, so going to visit the tribes that still hold the wisdom of good diet and relation to food and planet so that you can find you tribe and possibly share it with others these old traditions and knowledge.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2013, 01:28:16 am »
Actually, boxty is not fully raw and the Irish wouldn't be sufficiently traditional for the show, and airag/kumis is probably usually boiled. I'll try to remember to dig up info on traditional raw foods from my files. Simple raw meat is easy, of course, just eating raw whatever meat they have. I don't think I've seen anyone eat raw monkey on TV before. :) Raw milk/kefir/yogurt would be another, if you're going to try any dairy foods. Are you going to eat any plant foods at all? There are some unusual ones of those too.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2013, 02:38:55 am »
I would be very careful to eat raw meat in Africa and other countries far from here with a very different climate. We are not adapted to their parasites. I have a friend working in Liberia's Jungle and he is a carnivore... used to hunt himself and eat raw anything without fear. But he told me he would never do that in Africa. Very dangerous. Also to drink from creeks etc. He got very sick when he did that too.

Countries with a winter like Mongolia should not be an issue. Maybe Amazonas is not either IDK.. I just would check before what the risks are

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2013, 03:42:17 am »
Why would there be any risk in eating meat from wild Africans animals living in an unpolluted environment and having no access to human garbage? I would gladly eat it, as I ate warthog in Sri Lanka and water buffalo in Thailand.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2013, 07:25:42 pm »
http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/videos/5332-der-nur-fleisch-esser-clip

The coverage is very friendly towards Derek and towards RAF in general and absolutely fair.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »
Francois I do think we probably need some time to adapt to certain parasites and viruses etc. There are rawfooders that died of Malaria because they thought their body could handle it, they were non native to Africa BTW.
But sure anyone can take any risks they want, I myself would make informed decisions and be cautious at least in certain countries.

Hanna that was an amazing Video clip! I love the Germans  ;D
They certainly made it look like this is a great diet! yay!

Sabertooth is our Hero  ;D wow the place where he is in the doctors office scantily clad laying on the doctors bed was pretty HOT  :-*

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2013, 11:18:16 pm »
I wish I could have been warned previously so that I could have seen it on TV on  Wednesday.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »
I love the comment below "Total  insanity  or is there some truth to it?". I take it this will be a documentary on how weird americans really are. Well, I'll carry on watching.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:54 pm »
Sabertooth is our Hero  ;D wow the place where he is in the doctors office scantily clad laying on the doctors bed was pretty HOT  :-*
That is a good point. Sabertooth's attractiveness and before-and-after images contrast makes for a better sell than those of us whose after image would not be as great or before image was not as bad. Plus, his butcher and cattle-raising occupations fit the story nicely and the publicity isn't a detriment to his job, apparently, and TV shows fit his desire for fame, so that he is rather uniquely suited for the task. The beard adds an additional appropriate touch to the image.  :)

Come to think of it, Inger, your glowing image would also be good for TV, and you also have a good before-and-after contrast, and the contrast of a feminine lady eating raw meat is also interesting. I wouldn't ask anyone to do it, though, because I don't kow what the long-term consequences would be and I wouldn't want to feel responsible if it didn't work out well for the person.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:46:27 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2013, 01:31:51 am »
I saw a doc. on lions in Africa,, the older ones can often lose their health to an overload of parasites.  Whether that applies to us, I don't know.   But I too have wondered what I would eat should my business take me to Africa?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2013, 03:47:19 am »
Outstanding video, Sabertooth! Congrats, you act very well. I particularly like when you put the live lamb in your car, it’s funny. The sheep’s head in your fridge is quite unexpected too!

It remains me the story of a Swiss instincto guy who brought a raw pig’s head, kept it under his bed at the dormitory and fed on it at the military service, which is compulsory for every fit man between 20 and 34 in Switzerland (I was lucky, they rejected me because I was unhealthy!).  They finally sent him back home and  that’s  what he wanted.  ;D

Don’t you eat any plant foods anymore?

Quote from: Inger
Francois I do think we probably need some time to adapt to certain parasites and viruses etc. There are rawfooders that died of Malaria because they thought their body could handle it, they were non native to Africa BTW.

AFAIK malaria is transmitted by anopheles mosquitoes (and water in which they breed, I think), not by meat. I know that 2 instinctos died of malaria because they didn’t take medicine. In 1987 GCB advised us to immediately take chloroquine if we get malaria.  We don’t become resistant to it and chloroquine is suited if we get the vivax form, but falciparum requires stronger drugs. Fortunately I never got it, but I avoided places such as Halmahera or Koh Kut where it is strongly prevalent.   

Lion’s dying of parasites, Van? I’m surprised. Perhaps those in contact with environment and preys polluted by humans? 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:25 am »
But don’t you see that your repeated advice not to care about health risks, even concerning AIDS etc., is irresponsible?
Is it really adequate to be careful about something only after some instinctos have died from it and gcb has admitted this little „malheur"? 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2013, 09:04:35 am »
Well, I have seen SB's video interview on prosieben, and want to make a  comment:-  SB made a fatal error in suggesting indirectly that most would fail on his rawpalaeo diet if they did not eat all parts of every  animal. This is pure  b~ll, as many people have become healthy as a result of eating rawpalaeo without eating any raw organ-meats at all, and it makes it seem as though no one without SB's access to organic, all-grassfed, farms etc. would be able to get all the necessary nutrients in order to survive. I will give prosieben some credit in that they were willing to discuss AGEs which feature heavily in cooking. Of course, they lied in pretending that lowering cooking-temperatures would remove  that problem.  What we need is more ideas re encouraging more rawpaleodiet memes.  There is the possibility of rawpaleodiet meetups. Some have already done such meetups, but they were usually 1-on-1, only. A rawpaleodiet restaurant would be great! Someone could write up more rawpaleodiet books. And more of us could promote the rawpaleodiet by doing TV interviews etc. SB seems to have done a great job so far. How about a European or Asian interviewee? I'm no good, as my dire lack of charisma would ruin any TV/radio interview, though I did once do a newspaper interview. Perhaps someone could appear on Fox or CNN?
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2013, 09:40:18 am »
Thanks to all of you for your continued support ... And also a special thanks to all you skeptics out there for giving me an opportunity to prove you wrong... it is indeed possible for Raw Paleos to get positive media coverage. The tides are shifting and the time has come for us to seek widespread legitimacy for our evolutionary way of life.

The airing of the show has come at a good time, seeing that I am meeting with a filmmaker tomorrow to put together a pitch, perhaps we can include the footage from the show to add some credibility to the proposal we are going to put forth.

This filmmaker isn't the only one interested, there is another guy who is in Italy. He is a paleo dieter, and when he comes back to the states he would like to get with me and discus some projects.

My dream is to go on a pilgrimage in order to rediscover my paleolithic roots which I feel may still be seen within the tribes of wild people who have managed to preserve their primal ways of living in accordance with natures design. This wont be like all the staged reality shows that have come before. I am in Ernest about being disillusioned with much of the modern world and the way of life which has been constructed for us.  My choice to seek a life more in tune with our evolutionary nature does make me feel alienated from others within my community.

I want to visit others who are able to share with me a more down to earth wisdom, and through my experience in learning how to do what they do others will begin to make the connection and see that everyone can benefit from rediscovering their Primal Roots.

I will keep this thread open, and post updates from time to time as events unfold....

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:16 am »
Tyler..... I digress and agree that the comment I made about having to eat the whole animal was a bit overreaching, but you also fail to mention that countless other people have tried and failed on the raw paleo diet, and I do attribute some of the failures in part to people having a limited variety of sub quality foods.

Also my diet is a sub type of the Raw paleo diet and people practicing a different type and eat a wider variety of plant foods may do just fine without eating the whole animal. As for people who take the more carnivorous route I strongly advocate the whole animal diet, Personally I feel my best when I am drinking fresh blood and eating organs along with my staple of lamb fat and muscle meat.

Revisionist editorial

My point was that not everyone who doesn't eat the whole animal will fail, only that some people who only eat lean precut meats, or meats from substandard sources are more likely to fail. I also want to point out to people how important source is, because some viewers are not very well educated and would just start eating store bought meats, and thats what I was attempting to discourage.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:41:40 am by sabertooth »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2013, 11:57:36 am »
In the long run, without some fruits and veggies in the diet, nearly anyone will need to eat organs, especially liver, in order to get all the necessary nutrients, like vitamin A, etc..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2013, 02:17:55 pm »
There are  not  "countless people" who have failed on the raw, palaeolithic diet! Granted, some people have failed when trying  a raw, zero-carb version of the raw, palaeolithic diet but that has usually nothing to do with whether they have eaten all the animal parts or not(judging from many accounts), and these  just switched to a raw omnivorous palaeolithic diet afterwards and were fine. I am, of course, referring to those who try and fail on RZC within a short period of a few weeks or months. Those who do RZC more  long-term than that probably do indeed need to eat the whole animal, for all I know.

I guess what I am asking is that you mention that other  RVAFers do a raw, omnivorous  rawpaleodiet as that is way easier for people to get used to. Other than that,  thanks for your efforts re the media. The TV segment  was way more sympathetic than I expected.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »
Sabertooth planned to travel to Tyler's holiday home in Italy next year and Inger planned this too. Perhaps we (or I) could negotiate with a film team and they could film both of them eating together meat, organs, bone marrow etc.? The film team would, of course, interview them separately too. A raw food dieter from Austria is in contact with a company who sells the device Inger used to measure her "true age" of 5 years. So Inger could then repeat this measurement in front of the camera and others present at the meeting could measure their "true age" too.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »
Quote from: Hanna
But don’t you see that your repeated advice not to care about health risks, even concerning AIDS etc., is irresponsible?
Is it really adequate to be careful about something only after some instinctos have died from it and gcb has admitted this little „malheur"?
Hi Hanna,
What I see is that you systematically assault me for no valid reason!

What repeated advice do I give? I don’t think that I gave  any such advice. I only said that I would gladly eat the raw meat of a wild African animal living in a vast unpolluted wilderness. I leave everyone free to do what they want: they can cook all their food if they think it’s safer. And I never said not to care about malaria : on the contrary, I’ve repeatedly warned about it. 

Do you really hold GCB responsible for the death of people who did not follow his advice?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:38:28 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »
The quote button does not seem to be working for some time now. I wonder why?

OK, re Hanna's post:-  There are a few problems:-

1) The villa I have is time-shared between 2 other related families. What this means is that, next year(2014), I only get June and September in the summer, plus  March and December. June is very likely going to be occupied by my half-brother, so no prospect of him sharing - he has a wife who apparently leaves the place in a nightmarish, hellish mess, so is embarassed to have other relatives etc. stay at the same time as him. That leaves September. I cannot be there in Italy  due to other commitments next summer.

2)  The obtaining of wild food, let alone grassfed meat,  is a real problem here in Italy. I do not speak Italian or have a car. If I could drive and speak Italian fluently, I would drive into the hills behind me and just buy a live goat from a farmer and slaughter it, but I  don't. My usual solution is to buy cheap raw horsemeat(muscle-meat only) from a local horse-butcher's which tastes great compared to the local grainfed beef, so I am reasonably sure it is mostly grassfed, but have no guarantee. I can also buy some raw wild seafood from the local fish-market but a lot of it  is quite expensive. I can get some  raw wild limpets, raw wild sea-urchin eggs and raw wild samphire from my  own beach, but not in huge quantities at a time.

I will be next in Italy in July 2015. In 2016 my family  get both May and August, and will likely choose August.

" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk