Author Topic: Suggest Foods High in SULFUR?  (Read 5458 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Suggest Foods High in SULFUR?
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:43 am »
I've been listening to oneradionetwork.com and this resource speaker Tony Pantelleresco and he and the host Patrick Timpone are ecstatic of Sulfur.  Also there was a resource person the other time that was the Sulfur guy and he says sulfur is depleted in our soils and farm lands.

So a lot of sulfur supplementation has been giving people very good results.  MSM, organic sulfur, eggs, garlic...

I'm looking into experimenting with raw paleo foods high in sulfur... please give your suggestions, share your experiences, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest Foods High in SULFUR?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:48:39 pm »
Fish and meat. I can't imagine anyone on a paleo diet being short of sulphur, except maybe those few individuals who choose to eat about 90% of their calories from fat.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »
i noticed that wild duck eggs that were feeding on really dank stinky algae were one of the most sulphury smelling and tasting things i have ever had.  isn't durian high in sulphur?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:53 am »
eggs
muscle meats
hot red peppers
onions, garlic, avocados, cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, turnips, and cabbage), asparagus, some fruits, etc.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-you-should-eat-sulfur-rich-vegetables/#axzz2jpPLt0dX

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130829/health/health1.html

Heat degrades sulphur:
"Eggs are known for their extremely high reserves of natural sulphur. Try having poached or raw eggs to get the maximum amount of nutrition from it.

Raw Food
All the above mentioned foods contain more of sulphur in the raw form. Sulphur is a trace mineral that gets quickly spoiled by heat. So have raw food as much as possible."

Read more at: http://www.boldsky.com/health/nutrition/2013/twelve-sulphur-foods-for-your-skin-032244.html#slide4029"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:30:28 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline BushTucka

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 10:30:45 am »
http(://)apjcn.nhri.org.tw/server/info/books-phds/books/foodfacts/html/data/data5g.html - mg of sulphur in 100grams of different foods - sorry - not raw (remove brackets around the ://)

Unless you have some kind of issue metabolising and utilizing sulphur, I doubt anyone who eats meat would be deficient.. unless they are eating 100% high meats maybe?

Too much can also be bad too, creating gas and needing to be expelled through urine, balanced out with alkaline minerals from the diet (some say your bones but the evidence point to dietary potassium and calcium being leached before bone minerals.

But obviously too little sulphur can be harmful too!

(How long until I get to post without verification by the way?)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:57:39 am »
BushTucka, I think it's 15 posts, but our webmaster GoodSamaritan, a.k.a. Edwin Casimero, is the one who sets the limit. Ask him to be sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk