Author Topic: Fukushima and California  (Read 30391 times)

Offline lena

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Fukushima and California
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »
You aren't going on one of your schizophrenia rants again are you? Go have another serving of raw liver and brains. Hopefully that will bring you back down to Earth. It's funny, because most of the crap you post is technically "crap". lol . Maybe that's your schizophrenia coming out. I don't know? I'm not a doctor. Hopefully you don't play your own doctor at home. Do you hear voices when you read posts? What sets you off? Misspelled words, grammar, cooked foods, people in general, opinions that you don't agree with? Just trying to figure you out bro? I would advise you eat something first before you post. It "might" help you with your thoughts? On second hand, maybe not. -\ I have a suggestion for you, and this might fit you better that DaBoss88. Schizo88. Just thought I'd throw the 88 in there. I don't know why you'd use that? I mean how many DaBoss's are there in this forum? hehehe

This is so rude and unnecessary... If his spelling/grammar checking bothers you why don't you just say that?

He's healing himself from a mental disorder that is said to only be able to be managed with medication... why are you bringing him down, thats a great thing. He didn't ask to have schizophrenia, and that doesnt even matter because you should still give everyone a basic level of respect. You're really being an asshole.

Also, I would like to know if you respect doctors so much, why you are eating a diet that any doctor would tell you to avoid at all costs?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »
You aren't going on one of your schizophrenia rants again are you? Go have another serving of raw liver and brains. Hopefully that will bring you back down to Earth. It's funny, because most of the crap you post is technically "crap". lol . Maybe that's your schizophrenia coming out. I don't know? I'm not a doctor. Hopefully you don't play your own doctor at home. Do you hear voices when you read posts? What sets you off? Misspelled words, grammar, cooked foods, people in general, opinions that you don't agree with? Just trying to figure you out bro? I would advise you eat something first before you post. It "might" help you with your thoughts? On second hand, maybe not. -\ I have a suggestion for you, and this might fit you better that DaBoss88. Schizo88. Just thought I'd throw the 88 in there. I don't know why you'd use that? I mean how many DaBoss's are there in this forum? hehehe

Essentially what I was implying by pointing at your grammatical errors was that you are likely lacking in the intelligence department, and that your suggestions likely reflect that lack of intelligence. This post confirms it, it also shows you lack maturity. Nonetheless, I still thanked you for your advice.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2014, 09:50:24 pm »
  Lena, check your messages you PM box is full, heres the other half of the message that I sent you

"Those schools are great because often on farms you get so busy and are so isolated that there isn't really a great deal of learning on very basic skills.  Like how to utilize whole animals, tan hides, make wools, or just other basic farm steading skills. 

Anyway I think you are brilliant for realizing the value of experiences like these!  It took me until I was 24 to start working on farms and OMG I cant believe anyone ever decided that the best way to "educate" the masses is in class room.  I have learned so many invaluable skills and met the most amazing friends and animals and lived in some of the most beautiful parts of the country .  I am just turning 31 and wouldn't ever dream of doing anything else besides working on farms and ranches :)

A few other places to look for ranches are growfood.org or attra.net
I am in Southern Oregon by the way.  Where are you again?  I hope any of that helped.  "

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2014, 09:55:52 pm »
While DaBoss is wrong to link  poor spelling/punctuation to poor intelligence since the former is usually due to someone  merely writing too fast and not paying attention, it is true that it gives a false impression. It really would help if people just took a bit of trouble to use a spell-checker after every post or just  have a 2nd look at your recent posts  like I usually do. it makes the forum seem at first glance more erudite if we  all have  great spelling etc. in our posts.

By the way, I notice that some of the those who do not have English as a first language  have really improved in their posts. Good stuff!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 06:02:51 am »
Hey Chris. I'd just like to apologize. I know you, like everyone on this forum means well. Even if some times you come off a little strong.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 01:07:44 pm »
Hey Chris. I'd just like to apologize. I know you, like everyone on this forum means well. Even if some times you come off a little strong.

You don't have to apologize. Contrary to a few peoples beliefs, this was not a personal attack on you. It's no secret that you suffer from Schizophrenia. Heck, you have a journal dedicated to it. Let me explain a few things about this site that bothers me. It's trolls that aren't ready to fully commit, or partially commit. People that need their hands held and need encouragement mentally and educationally. This diet is NOT for everybody. I've had issues with posters in the past about expecting this diet to cure all that ails them. A "cure all diet". I think that sends the wrong message. But, for some reason a lot of the senior posters who kind of run this site encourage it.  -v. I think it sends the wrong message. People are going to look at this community and diet as a bunch of blood thirsty mentally F@#$%^ up people. I don't want that!

This diet is a  lifestyle. Not some sort of freak/show diet. I'm not trying to pick on you, even though it seems like I am. But, I've read so many crappy, time wasting, $#$% on this site it blows my mind. I actually left this site for a while due to exactly that. Maybe, I don't need to be on this site, or I shouldn't be on this site anymore. I feel personally that for the most part this site brings nothing to the table for me. I think I'm starting to realize that.

I wish you well in controlling your Schizophrenia. I really do. It's funny, because there are a lot of people on this site who think this diet is a cure all. It's a great foundation. But, a cure all? That's stretching it. Nutrition, like I've posted before is only one part of the human condition. Mentally, emotionally, love, ect will never be solved just because you eat raw! IMO.

When I first joined I felt a community. I've meet some great people along the way. Plus, there are some extremely smart and intelligent people in this forum. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. But, I don't like where this forum is going. I think I'm going to check out and go this on my own.

I wish you well and no hurt feelings. Negativity doesn't do anybody any good. I'd like to checkout in a positive vibe. Peace.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Raw paleo is not a "cure all diet"!
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »
But, for some reason a lot of the senior posters who kind of run this site encourage it.  -v. I think it sends the wrong message.

It's funny, because there are a lot of people on this site who think this diet is a cure all. It's a great foundation. But, a cure all? That's stretching it. Nutrition, like I've posted before is only one part of the human condition. Mentally, emotionally, love, ect will never be solved just because you eat raw! IMO.

Absolutely. But unlike you, I’m not under the impression that « a lot of the senior posters who kind of run this site encourage it. » Nutrition is only the easiest and most practical way to break the vicious circle. On the other hand, you need an emotionally balanced life with some love to eat properly and avoid overeating. 

Anyway, we are far off this topic’s track… 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »
Dr (surgeon) Jack Kruse does a talk on the radiation issue on a podcast. Unfortunately I do not recall which one it is on. It is either on a podcast "Bulletproof Radio' Dave Asprey or Not just Paleo with Kris Gunnars.

He is quite an interesting character.

The main risk of low-level radiation is cancer, and the kind of diet that we eat is very protective against cancer.  For that matter, the levels of radiation that we get in our environment may even be hormetic, to use one of your favorite words, tyler. 

Yeah... Jack have said a low level of radiation might even be hormetic... If your redox potential is healthy and your body works as it should.
Very interesting.

Looks like nature always has a way... and our body is able to handle lots of stuff, if we just do most of the stuff right. But if we start to mess with circadian biology.. stress... crappy food choices.. etc. we need to be afraid of many things. I personally am not concerned about small amounts of radiation. I have read stories in the newspaper here about Tjernobyl... and they always made me wonder... Old people move back to the very polluted area.. they are doing great. Growing their own food etc. Those stories always makes me wonder... WTH is it that makes someone survive just fine, and others die from cancer etc. The same in WW2, Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Two people got exactly the same amount of radiation... one died right there.. the other lived on just fine. This amazed me already as a kid and I never forgot those stories.

Made me realize, it all comes down how well my body functions. So that is what I choose to work on, not to avoid things I hardly can avoid. I do the same with technology. I avoid as much as I can, but there will always be radiowaves and stuff around - I just limit them as good as I can. The rest... I choose to believe will work hormetic to make me able to tolerate the ever increasing amounts of radiation in the future  ;)

Does not mean I will start using my cellphone much, or WIFI.. or move to the city! Just like I am not choosing to live in Fukushima either.  ;)

I sometimes eat fish from the Baltic sea, very radioactive sea BTW. But I do not all the time! I change it up and try to eat most of my fish from less polluted areas.
seems to work great as I feel great  :)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 09:36:57 pm »
I've had issues with posters in the past about expecting this diet to cure all that ails them. A "cure all diet". I think that sends the wrong message. But, for some reason a lot of the senior posters who kind of run this site encourage it...

I'm right there with you Chris. I've seen enormous gains in health since incorporating raw animal foods into my diet back in 2003. But I've also been making a lot of other lifestyle changes at the same time, working less, getting more sleep, creating stronger and deeper relationships with people, etc. Building a better lifestyle is the real cure-all, if there is such a thing, and our eating patterns are just one component of that.

I was on a podcast with Denise Minger (author of Death by Food Pyramid, a great book by the way) a week or two back. I asked her what percent our eating patterns play in our overall health. She guessed that they made up a minority, with stress levels, toxics exposure, sleep and relationship quality making up the majority of what determines whether we're 'healthy' or not. She and I are on the same page here. People who think that diet, of any sort, can be a cure-all are far off base.

This underlies why I struggle with whether to remain an active poster here. Some of the more devoted posters act as though eating a raw paleo diet will make them invincible. Wasn't it last year that a young man convinced himself that he could have unprotected sex with a woman who had an STD without risk of infection because he was eating raw paleo? Within a month of making that claim, he stopped posting, as far as I know. I was bashed for referring to RPD as a theology, but given the behavior of some people here I think that's a very accurate way of looking at it. Very extreme eating patterns adopted and promoted by people who don't present themselves as being emotionally well balanced...

It's as if people are trying to start a raw paleo cult or something.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »
All rubbish, of course. Sure, like ALL viewpoints, even mainstream ones, we have a few who go to extremes, like  one or two  who think that STDs cannot infect a raw foodist or whatever, but we are just like everyone else in that regard.
My own experience, and that of many others, is that diet plays a very big difference in life. In my own case, I tried all the usual nonsense re sleeping more or doing more exercise etc. in order to rebuild my health but none of them worked except changing my diet to a raw, palaeolithic one.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »
Eric, I am pretty sure Ryan is still alive, just because he stopped posting does not mean he immediately died of STD's, in fact we hung out after he posted about his STD resistance and he did not appear to be suffering, lol.

It's over generalizations and everyone thinking their way is the only way that gets pretty annoying on here, and all of the personal attacks and emotional issues/mirroring that occurs, gets old.  The old saying "if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all" might apply well here lately. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I was on a podcast with Denise Minger (author of Death by Food Pyramid, a great book by the way) a week or two back. I asked her what percent our eating patterns play in our overall health. She guessed that they made up a minority, with stress levels, toxics exposure, sleep and relationship quality making up the majority of what determines whether we're 'healthy' or not. She and I are on the same page here. People who think that diet, of any sort, can be a cure-all are far off base.

Denise may not have been exposed to hands on healing patients with RAW paleo diets where cooked paleo diets cannot touch. 

The very reason this forum exists. 

When my family and friends' lives hang in the balance, I bet their lives on raw paleo diets... not cooked. 

The results can be immediate when you hit it right on the nose.

The late Aajonus Vonderplanitz wrote about his healing people with his version of raw paleo diet and I keep his books in my computers as reference.  And I have been healing people with raw paleo diets hands on because of the insights of Aajonus, Geoff, GCB and many other experienced people in this board.

This statement that rpd is a "small percentage" of healing is false in my personal experience, and healing others experiences.

That rpd is or any diet is not a "cure all" is of course well known by ALL logical people in this forum. 

That RPD helps in resisting the usual infectious diseases is reported widely as experienced by many long term RPD practitioners... why we are usually the last ones standing or will be the ones who will not get sick.  Like when in our home 10 people got sick and only 2 of us raw paleo dieters (me and my son) did not get sick is just one of my personal testimonies. (due to amoeba and pseudomonas)

That RPD and variants is one of the BEST and most effective diets out there for curing people and keeping people healthy is why this community remains strong.

Bad eating patterns play a MAJORITY role in the ill health of my fellow Filipinos.

Maybe your fellow people are eating well, but not mine.  So I have to stress my disagreement with Denise' alleged statement that "eating patterns play a minority" role.

If you and Denise really believe that quote then you and her should go back to eating SAD.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:22:52 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »
Eric, I am pretty sure Ryan is still alive, just because he stopped posting does not mean he immediately died of STD's...

Hi Jessica, I didn't mean to imply I thought he died, just noting the connection between a claim of invincibility and fairly rapid end to his posts.

And goodsamaritan, your post reflects perfectly the issue I brought up. Thanks. FYI, her diet is mostly raw, and includes some raw animal foods as well, mostly seafood although she did say she ate some grass-fed organs.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Hi Jessica, I didn't mean to imply I thought he died, just noting the connection between a claim of invincibility and fairly rapid end to his posts.

And goodsamaritan, your post reflects perfectly the issue I brought up. Thanks.

And I will gladly repeat it for you to read again:

Denise may not have been exposed to hands on healing patients with RAW paleo diets where cooked paleo diets cannot touch. 

The very reason this forum exists. 

When my family and friends' lives hang in the balance, I bet their lives on raw paleo diets... not cooked. 

The results can be immediate when you hit it right on the nose.

The late Aajonus Vonderplanitz wrote about his healing people with his version of raw paleo diet and I keep his books in my computers as reference.  And I have been healing people with raw paleo diets hands on because of the insights of Aajonus, Geoff, GCB and many other experienced people in this board.

This statement that rpd is a "small percentage" of healing is false in my personal experience, and healing others experiences.

That rpd is or any diet is not a "cure all" is of course well known by ALL logical people in this forum. 

That RPD helps in resisting the usual infectious diseases is reported widely as experienced by many long term RPD practitioners... why we are usually the last ones standing or will be the ones who will not get sick.  Like when in our home 10 people got sick and only 2 of us raw paleo dieters (me and my son) did not get sick is just one of my personal testimonies. (due to amoeba and pseudomonas)

That RPD and variants is one of the BEST and most effective diets out there for curing people and keeping people healthy is why this community remains strong.

Bad eating patterns play a MAJORITY role in the ill health of my fellow Filipinos.

Maybe your fellow people are eating well, but not mine.  So I have to stress my disagreement with Denise' alleged statement that "eating patterns play a minority" role.

If you and Denise really believe that quote then you and her should go back to eating SAD.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile

If you and Denise really believe that quote then you and her should go back to SAD.
I can vouch for that. I ate my whole life a version of a SAD diet. While on that diet I began concentrating more on my own health, what I ate, physical exercise, etc., years like that. I had trouble with matters and I didn't even know why it was or what exactly was wrong. About some aspects I thought "it's the way I am" - thought it was normal. Things got real bad, tired from the moment I woke up till bed-time and months like this, then came the heart problem, lack of iodine hit, spleen as well when I think back now, etc. Then I went raw, noticed myself healing, noticed parts of me healing I didn't even know were wrong or damaged.
If diet plays so little then why did everything begin getting better once I went raw? Diet was really the only major difference I made... aside what my new health issues demanded.

Everything depends on what you eat, it's the foundation of your life. If it is wrong then so are you.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 11:28:07 pm »
Thanks GS, your double post even more perfectly reflects the issue I raised. Thanks squared  ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 11:59:49 pm »
I'm right there with you Chris. I've seen enormous gains in health since incorporating raw animal foods into my diet back in 2003. But I've also been making a lot of other lifestyle changes at the same time, working less, getting more sleep, creating stronger and deeper relationships with people, etc. Building a better lifestyle is the real cure-all, if there is such a thing, and our eating patterns are just one component of that.

This underlies why I struggle with whether to remain an active poster here. Some of the more devoted posters act as though eating a raw paleo diet will make them invincible. Wasn't it last year that a young man convinced himself that he could have unprotected sex with a woman who had an STD without risk of infection because he was eating raw paleo? Within a month of making that claim, he stopped posting, as far as I know. I was bashed for referring to RPD as a theology, but given the behavior of some people here I think that's a very accurate way of looking at it. Very extreme eating patterns adopted and promoted by people who don't present themselves as being emotionally well balanced...

It's as if people are trying to start a raw paleo cult or something.

I LOVED your post Eric.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 01:07:31 am »
Yeah... Jack have said a low level of radiation might even be hormetic... If your redox potential is healthy and your body works as it should.
Very interesting.

Looks like nature always has a way... and our body is able to handle lots of stuff, if we just do most of the stuff right. But if we start to mess with circadian biology.. stress... crappy food choices.. etc. we need to be afraid of many things. I personally am not concerned about small amounts of radiation. I have read stories in the newspaper here about Tjernobyl... and they always made me wonder... Old people move back to the very polluted area.. they are doing great. Growing their own food etc. Those stories always makes me wonder... WTH is it that makes someone survive just fine, and others die from cancer etc. The same in WW2, Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Two people got exactly the same amount of radiation... one died right there.. the other lived on just fine. This amazed me already as a kid and I never forgot those stories.

Made me realize, it all comes down how well my body functions. So that is what I choose to work on, not to avoid things I hardly can avoid. I do the same with technology. I avoid as much as I can, but there will always be radiowaves and stuff around - I just limit them as good as I can. The rest... I choose to believe will work hormetic to make me able to tolerate the ever increasing amounts of radiation in the future  ;)

Does not mean I will start using my cellphone much, or WIFI.. or move to the city! Just like I am not choosing to live in Fukushima either.  ;)

I sometimes eat fish from the Baltic sea, very radioactive sea BTW. But I do not all the time! I change it up and try to eat most of my fish from less polluted areas.
seems to work great as I feel great  :)
Funny how that goes. I also have seen that many times. PPL with a terrible diet lifestyle who live so old you almost have to shoot them to get rid of them. ;)

My guess is that they tend to laugh a lot, get PPL laughing around them and are basically always busy.

This is not so much a recipe as lots of gregarious PPL die young.

IMO a long life happens when you have a combination of a good diet and a zest for life. Good diet is a bit of a fuzzy wuzzy statement of course, but I believe that now that I have delved in this version of raw food, I am convinced it is a good idea.

However I choose not to prostheletize it unless someone notices and asks and even then I am not crazy about getting all preachy ;) about it.
Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 08:07:15 am »

yup, but you did imply that the two were connected, and they aren't.  and that is why I cant really participate message boards.  people come up with assumptions based on weak "evidence" that is often second hand, jump to conclusions and hold fast to their own believes as if they were the only honest truth.  its just like spinning tires and gets boring after a while. 

Offline Thoth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:10 pm »

And goodsamaritan, your post reflects perfectly the issue I brought up. Thanks. FYI, her diet is mostly raw, and includes some raw animal foods as well, mostly seafood although she did say she ate some grass-fed organs.

I'm still around, but am bored by this place and the bulk of its inhabitants, most of you are a waste of this gift. What I would like is to have every post I've ever contributed here erased, as well as my other account. However, barring that, I will simply disappear.

With that said, I seem to be as invincible as ever, I will gladly report if/when that changes, still have not met a microbe I would not call 'Friend'. My life is a fairytale, a pleasant dream, I've me the girl of my dreams, she is 110% on board with RVAF, I don't have a health concern in the world, I'm financially set and I'm so incredibly happy, happier than I've ever been or ever thought I could be. My only wish for this board, is that those of you with severely warped perspectives on how health works and the nature of 'reality' might come to a more accurate understanding of these things. I will continue to monitor the boards from time to time but that will be the extent of my participation unless something interesting happens. Keep on being mediocre guys, or maybe don't. =)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:37:50 pm by Thoth »

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 04:16:54 pm »
I'm still around, but am bored by this place and the bulk of its inhabitants, most of you are a waste of this gift. What I would like is to have every post I've ever contributed here erased, as well as my other account. However, barring that, I will simply disappear.

With that said, I seem to be as invincible as ever, I will gladly report if/when that changes, still have not met a microbe I would not call 'Friend'. My life is a fairytale, a pleasant dream, I've me the girl of my dreams, she is 110% on board with RVAF, I don't have a health concern in the world, I'm financially set and I'm so incredibly happy, happier than I've ever been or ever thought I could be. My only wish for this board, is that those of you with severely warped perspectives on how health works and the nature of 'reality' might come to a more accurate understanding of these things. I will continue to monitor the boards from time to time but that will be the extent of my participation unless something interesting happens. Keep on being mediocre guys, or maybe don't. =)
Lovely attitude...

You can't expect every single person to be the same, not physically, not mentally! If you do, as you are reflecting, then you have a lot to learn.

It does affect the mind what a person eats, but it's not the whole truth. Meaning if one eats right, or as close to it as can, does not immediately translate into mental awareness of the same extent.

Mediocre in what scale, in comparison to what exactly?

I'd say you are in the top when it comes to diet (I don't know for certain of course) but not anywhere near the top when it comes to mental condition.

And very nice of you to bash, without giving specific examples why you disagree and what you think would be correct.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »
My only wish for this board, is that those of you with severely warped perspectives on how health works and the nature of 'reality' might come to a more accurate understanding of these things.

Just out of curiosity, could you be more specific with who it is with warped "perspectives on health," what these warped perspectives are, and what the reality they should understand is.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 06:54:27 pm »
Just out of curiosity, could you be more specific with who it is with warped "perspectives on health," what these warped perspectives are, and what the reality they should understand is.
I presume he meant Eric since the latter was making some rather pointless, unhelpful remarks recently.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:38 pm »
I presume he meant Eric since the latter was making some rather pointless, unhelpful remarks recently.

Oh ok.

Some of the more devoted posters act as though eating a raw paleo diet will make them invincible. Wasn't it last year that a young man convinced himself that he could have unprotected sex with a woman who had an STD without risk of infection because he was eating raw paleo?

Erik, I'd just like to point out the STD's mentioned some time ago were HPV and HSV. Which even in SAD eaters doesn't usually have any effect. There are people who eat regular diets and never get any symptoms from either. Just something to point out for others who may want to test their invincibility. You may not get symptoms, but most don't despite testing positive. What would be interesting is a before and after blood sample testing for HSV and seeing if they tested positive post exposure who eats a RAF diet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:48:40 pm by DaBoss88 »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

I was on a podcast with Denise Minger (author of Death by Food Pyramid, a great book by the way) a week or two back. I asked her what percent our eating patterns play in our overall health. She guessed that they made up a minority, with stress levels, toxics exposure, sleep and relationship quality making up the majority of what determines whether we're 'healthy' or not.

You and she both have neglected to mention posture, which is at least as important as any of the other things you've mentioned.  Of course, that's getting off topic, but I thought it good to mention.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk