Author Topic: GCB:Eating meat regularly is harmful to health  (Read 137433 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: GCB:Eating meat regularly is harmful to health
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:55 pm »
don't know if I have already mentioned it here,  just saw a documentary talking about early plains indians and the roots that they found in the grasslands....  And again, anything they found living from the ground, was full of microbes.   Just look closely at a blade of grass.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »
I have eaten much bee brood and would eat more if I had it.   It can be VERY sweet when the larvae are young and the workers are still stuffing their cells with royal jelly.   As the bees mature and especially after the cell has been capped, the sweetness disappears and the taste is no where near as attractive as when they are young.  Young bee brood tastes like heavily sweetened cereal milk at the bottom of ones bowl (with lots of added sugar)..  Almost addicting.

When have you eaten bee brood? Since when and for how long? Do/did you eat it regularly and how often do or did you eat it? Where did (or do) you get it from?
Is it possible to eat these young larvae only for a few weeks a year? Quesstions upon questions...  :) And of course I'm curious which effects you maybe observed.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »
years ago  I had my own bees, and would seek out bee farmers who would sell frames of pollen, bee brood, and honey.  It's so easy to over eat the bee brood for as mentioned earlier it is so sweet like heavily sugared milk at the bottom of a cereal bowl.   Didn't really notice a 'stop'. And can't say I remember it as strength building, but is certainly a rush of instant energy.  I ate it maybe 10-20 times some years ago.   Bees in warm climates produce brood year round, as they also collect pollen and make honey year round.  If I lived somewhere warm, I definitely would consider having bees again.  But the verilla mite took mine down, since I didn't want to use poison at the entrance of the hive.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »
Hi Gerard,
Nice to hear from you! You may still be angry with me, but I’m not angry with you. I just haven’t understood the radical shift in your stance and why you were so abusive — as you are such a nice, amiable and generous guy in real life.

Quote from: Alphagruis
No Edwin, you're quite mistaken and indulge yourself in wishful thinking.  It's definitively nothing else but the INSTINCTO bullshit that killed Burger's wife as well as others.

No, I disagree. It seems you don’t take into account that:

- The meat they ate the time was beef, mutton and pork. That wouldn’t probably have happen with wild game meat.
- As GCB reported, they deliberately experimented on themselves a high and unlimited consumption of those meats.
- He finally warned her, but she did not believe that the cause of her illness was too much meat. After her dead, the "instinctos" I know in Switzerland did not believe that either.

Telling that the ‘instincto bullshit” killed her is not factual, sorry. She might well have died earlier if she had continued to eat a standard cooked diet.   

She really got cancer and would have died even without chemotherapy, which was just a desperate final attempt to save her.

Right, I agree.

And she got cancer because she systematically overate raw MUSCLE meat

We agree on that too.

(importance of fat, organs etc was by then and still essentially is just ignored by instincto guru, the "instinct" forgot to tell him).

Wrong. He may not have emphasized enough the importance of eating organs, but most of the long term instinctos are very fond of organs, GCB himself too. That’s even himself who advised me to test liver.

Meat was actually never available to our ancestors day after day in such large amounts. As simple as that.

Exactly what we say. We never disagreed on that. It doesn’t mean that...
…the instincto stance or "theory" (is) fundamentally flawed
Just like Micelte (see his above post) you have an idea of the instincto theory as it were saying that our alimentary instinct is omnipotent. It has never been seen I that way except by some people who haven’t known the theory completely or haven’t understood it properly: as Dom Guyaux emphasized (but GCB had also said the same long before him)  the environmental conditions and food accessibility are also to be taken into account.

There are many reasons and one major one is just that these so-called instinctive stop signals ,supposed to prevent overeating in order for an appropriate « instinct » to really work, never ever were or had to be under darwinian selective pressure.

No, I don’t think so because it has been under selective pressure a lot of times, every time the availability of a particular food surpasses the current need of an animal — and that happens quite often in nature too. An animal who has eaten too much of a food will be disadvantaged, being an easy prey for the predators. 

And this, in turn, is just because meat was actually never available to our ancestors day after day for years in such large amounts. As simple as that.

That’s precisely why it is strongly advised to have other animal food as a choice and alternate the consumption of mammals meat with fish, shellfish, birds, eggs… and insects! ;)

Phil:
Thanks for sharing that, GS. Good to hear from Alphagruis again. It seems that GCB's views are moving closer to those of Alphagruis. Their quotes are not so far apart now, though Iguana may disagree with me.

Gerard (Alphagruis) used to completely agree with us on all main points. He just got extremely angry because GCB did the mistake to never answer to his valuable comments and also lacked tact. Gerard never met GCB and the former misses a complete knowledge of the points transmitted and discussed exclusively orally in GCB’s comprehensive one week seminars. I really fail to grab how we could live with totally discarding our fundamental instincts as Gerard seems to suggest.   

[Among] GCB, Alphagruis, Iguana, lots and lots of ex-VLCers [and others], there is a growing consensus that in the longer run it is not healthy to eat lots of raw muscle meat and fat and little else. Starving our beneficial gut bacteria makes no sense. [Edit: I'm not trying to imply anything about what GCB, Alphagruis, or Iguana ate in the past or eat now, just noting the rough consensus in the comments about one thing to avoid, which is good to see--this is a complement, not a criticism]

Yes!

Van:
I doubt that Iguana and GCB have ever eaten lots of fat.
We eat all the animal fat we find palatable.

Now that's a change in direction from every early man specie,, sterilizing every thing that goes into their mouth, including water.

Sure, we all agree on that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:45:51 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »
Well, I’ve got to answer that too, and I should answer to Eveheart as well, but it‘ll be enough for now, sorry Eve.

I feel the truth probably is that it is a joke to believe one can actually be instincto. GCB's theories are great as principles, but I feel very few people on earth can actually claim being true instinctos.
I don’t think anyone claims that, Micelte. Perfection doesn’t belong to this world.

Why? Because the ENVIRONMENT is everything. I believe that our sense of smell and taste about a particular food can be greatly affected and bias our choices when we haven't lived as naturally as we should have.
The environment is only part of the whole, it’s not everything unless you include us in the environment.

A training is necessary since we all lack the training we should have had from our parents. We have been trained in a completely unnatural way, a “civilized” way quite opposite to what it should have been. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:41:39 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »
I don’t think anyone claims that, Micelte. Perfection doesn't belong to this world.
Exactly. This is why I liked GCB's latest definition (in the text you translated), when he was saying that instinctotherapy is nothing else than a human experiment. As thinking humans we like to follow patterns, we want to have rules, because it's just easier for our mind to be in control. But health is the opposite: the more we try to control it using our thoughts instead of our feelings, the more we fail. And the more we do research about it, the more we understand that it's useless. For example, the fact that fecal transplants are now under the spotlight, contradicting so many previous theories, is puzzling to most health seekers. They are even about to wake up Beschamp from his coffin ;)

The environment is only part of the whole, it’s not everything unless you include us in the environment.
It wasn't clear, but I was including us in the environment. I did not choose the word thinking of it's French meaning but to convey a holistic sense. Of course we are part of the environment, since our very self is a full ecosystem - some would even say a universe in itself.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2014, 12:30:01 am »
Well, I’ve got to answer that too, and I should answer to Eveheart as well, but it‘ll be enough for now, sorry Eve.

Please don't feel obligated to reply. There is no need to apologize. I was addressing my comments to this forum.

One of the basic premises of instinctive eating is that the instinct is mine alone. When other instinctive eaters share their own experiences, it serves me as a guide to help me identify my own instinct... and also clues me in when my instinct may be subverted for some reason. I find it less useful when the ubiquitous gurus arrive to tell me what my instinct should be. Maybe that is not their intention, but it can come across that way.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2014, 02:54:42 am »
Interesting stuff.

I do think wild foods are superior. And I think to eat a high protein low fat diet living in a city might be no good idea at all  -[
We surely need fat.

and I think leaving wild edibles and wild berries in season out is a big mistake too. GCB and Nicole did not had much wild greens did they?
Every successful mostly animal food eating tribe used those. t is not about the carbs. I 100% believe we do not need those. It is about other things in the, just... IDK what but I surely know I go crazy when the first wild greens pop up in the spring! I just had some yesterday, so early spring here. I found some nettles, dandelion.. some other greens too. Oh man it was like eating drugs lol

I believe we should be tied to our natural environment and dirt, literally! In every aspect. That is health to me. And so far.. it is working.  ;) (not telling anyone to be like animals. I like civilisation when it is in a positive way!  :) technology can also be used with caution harming us way less than it does in today's world)

When I was instincto and had all those yummy tropical fruit... living in northern Europe.. it harmed me.  :(

Hearing Nicole worked late nights and was stressed... only those 2 factors are cancer causing ones.  -[

I fully believe our instincts can be spoiled.
And will have to be "straightened out" and exercised into their natural, healhy state  by our conscious decisions that (hopefully) are closer to the reality, truth and nature
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:01:37 am by Inger »

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2014, 05:21:17 am »
wild foods are superior.

we should be tied to our natural environment and dirt, literally! In every aspect. That is health

our instincts can be spoiled. And will have to be "straightened out" and exercised into their natural, healhy state  by our conscious decisions that (hopefully) are closer to the reality, truth and nature

Nice words Inger, thank you. I believe you are on the right path. Don't attempt drawing too many conclusions for others  though, since we are all one, but we are not all equal! What works for you, surely works, but it does not mean it would apply to others. I believe your principles, though, are the right ones!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2014, 06:17:21 am »
Inger is dead on about being literally tied to dirt and the rest of our natural environment in every aspect. And which foods are naturally most covered in dirt rich in probiotic soil based organisms (hint: it ain't yummy tropical fruits :D )?

Sorry to all for misspelling compliment earlier.  -[
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2014, 07:04:56 am »
Yes, Phil. Except that ripe and overripe fruits, tropical or not, are also covered by hundreds thousand of various microorganisms, especially when fallen on the ground.   ;)

Inger, didn't you read my above post http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/gcb-eating-meat-is-harmful/msg119784/#msg119784 explaining why eating sweets fruits such as dates, figs and cherimoyas can in no way be an addiction?
Inger: Did you find the answers to your questions?
Eve:
Quote from: eveheart ink=topic=9173.msg119877#msg119877 date=1393605001
Please don't feel obligated to reply. There is no need to apologize. I was addressing my comments to this forum.
I find it less useful when the ubiquitous gurus arrive to tell me what my instinct should be. Maybe that is not their intention, but it can come across that way.
I hope it’s not me who told you what your instinct should be! Anyway, I wanted to ask you (and make some comments) about these words of yours:
In this ancestral model, we are told that our modern diseases were not found. Many people, including myself, have found that instinctive eating along is not curative.

Is “along” a typo and you meant “alone”? Who are those other people? Actually, a lot a extraordinary healings have occurred in Europe, including of some serious diseases known as incurable.   
Now I know that only when I moderate my insulin response through appropriate eating strategies do I avoid a desire to overeat. In other words, certain physical conditions can override the instinctive stop, even when instinctive eating guidelines are followed accurately.
I’m a complete ignorant on this topic. How does one moderate his/her insulin response? What are those eating strategies? What physical conditions can override the instinctive regulation?
This is another possible interpretation of Nicole's desire to eat.
AFAIK, the idea expressed and discussed here by some that Nicole ate too much for psychological reasons is nothing else than speculative gossip.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:17:54 pm by Iguana »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2014, 07:59:59 am »
Yes, Phil. Except that ripe and overripe fruits, tropical or not, are also covered by hundreds thousand of various microorganisms, especially when fallen on the ground.
Of course, and the plant foods that actually grow right in the dirt have way more soil based organisms. They are both good types of food to include in the diet. No need to totally exclude either type. They give me the chance to correctly use the word I previously misused - they complement each other.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:28 am »
Folks, we *are* dirt!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2014, 10:08:28 am »
Inger is dead on about being literally tied to dirt and the rest of our natural environment in every aspect. And which foods are naturally most covered in dirt rich in probiotic soil based organisms (hint: it ain't yummy tropical fruits :D )?

In tropical manila, i healed a pregnant lady who had hyper acidity symptoms, she could not eat much to feed herself and her unborn child of 3 months.  She could not do colon cleansers such as castor oil for fear of aborting her own child.  I resorted to giving her lots and lots of papayas and pineapples to clean her intestines do dissolve the morbid matter stuck in her. And in a week she was cured with yummy tropical fruits.

She is now due to give birth this March.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:06 am »
Folks, we *are* dirt!
We sure are. Or we do come from dirt. From dirt we come, to dirt we go. And not just us. In this way we've been many different things before we were humans, and will be many more in the future, after out deaths. As if many different lives for one. In this regard we've been earthworms, apple trees, bacteria of all kinds, etc.
Reminds me of a certain "religious" viewpoint from some Himalayan region, something I saw in a movie years ago, that gave the exact same point (having been an earthworm in a previous life, or will be one in the future). Originating hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of years ago.
Nothing new really, now we merely have more evidence for its validity. And as well more evidence to say it is not the entire truth - a person is made of the specific "chemical reactions" in the brain; so saying you've been an earthworm in a previous life is wrong because you only have one. There's only one you.

Life is like a recycling process built on itself, with its roots in inorganic matter. Drives itself, yet not completely.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2014, 04:21:21 pm »
I resorted to giving her lots and lots of papayas and pineapples to clean her intestines do dissolve the morbid matter stuck in her. And in a week she was cured with yummy tropical fruits.

Yeah, tropical fruits such as papayas, mangos, pineapple, guavas, passion fruits, sapodillas, soursop, rambutans, lychees, cempedaks, jackfruits, etc, are delightful, almost wild or available in almost wild varieties. Plus there are fatty tropical fruits: avocados, safus, durians.

All these proved to be very good for most of us, including me, wherever we are.

Of course they are cheaper when you get them straight from under their tree, but where I lived before there is an importer of fruits from small organic farmers in Cameroon. I used to go to their warehouse every week, asking for overripe fruits. The guy sold it to me at a very low price and it ended up that I bought all his stock of fruits leftover from the previous shipment plus the overripe ones of the last shipment. We  became friends. Once per week, I left the warehouse with my car fully loaded of fruit boxes, paying only an insignificant amount for a quantity of fruit that I could never eat all myself. I used to resale some to friends and to throw the too rotten  and bad ones in the garden to fertilize the soil.

So, when I traveled to tropical countries, there was almost no change to my diet and no habituation troubles at all.

This doesn’t mean that you cannot live well without tropical fruits, like Inger does, but most of us feel much better and more satisfied with at least some  tropical fruits. Satisfaction is very important if we aim to be able to remain 100% raw paleo in the long run. The more you restrict your food range for ideological reasons, the more quickly you become frustrated and find yourself unable to resist to the temptation to eat cooked food again.

There are also sick people trying to eat a raw paleo diet who are just unable to eat any raw food growing in their area. Plus there are areas where nothing edible grows, all the food being shipped from far away.

Don't attempt drawing too many conclusions for others  though, since we are all one, but we are not all equal! What works for you, surely works, but it does not mean it would apply to others.

Absolutely, and once again, what works for a few years won’t necessarily work in the long run. I’ve got to quote Ronald J. Ziegler once more:

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:39 pm »
From Alphagruis / Gerard on the issue of instinctive stops and more:

Final Addendum

Not only were the so called "instinctive stops" never under darwinian selection pressure to limit the intake of foods like meat, insects, fat, sweet or oily fruit to "present nutritional needs" ( BTW an utterly ridiculous instincto and civilized man fad) but quite on the contrary during paleo times these sensory signals were on very strong darwinian selection pressure to act so as to increase such food intake to the maximum possible (with respect to digestive potential ) when these foods were as usual temporarily available and plentiful.

The temporary excess of nutrients intake could in this way be stored, in particular in the form of fat, fat soluble vitamins etc  for the inevitable less fortunate periods occurring systematically every year in the wild even in tropical areas. BTW our remarkable outfit from a biochemistry point of view is also a clear indication of adaptation to such major food availability fluctuations over a one year period in the wild.

Obviously being able to take advantage of these temporary food abundances is a decisive component of a species' evolutionary fitness.

Now, invoking such sensory signals tuned by evolution under the above mentioned conditions in wild to limit food intake in instincto wonderland or civilization where these foods are available ad libitum year after year from Jan 1th to Dec 31th  is obviously a terrible mistake.

And this is just a deadly flaw in instincto "theory".

And sadly it was deadly too for some guru brainwashed and manipulated people.

In spite of the above being now known since 2007 and already pointed out for instance here:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/hot-topics/anti-instincto-thread/msg39577/#msg39577

the idiotic newbies brainwashing continues.

So funny.

As already pointed out too by another former RPF member there is an old saying that goes like

" You can always tell a -----, but you can't tell him much"
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »
Thanks GS for forwarding the above text of Alphagruis, who remains as polite, respectful and amiable as he has always been in his posts.  :D

As his ideas have already been exhaustively exposed and discussed 4 years ago, it suffice to follow the link he kindly provided to get to the relevant thread and see the whole previous discussion. Therefore we don’t have to start it all over again for another round.   ;)

PS:  I forgot to mention this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:52:59 pm by Iguana »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »
So Iguana, what do you think of GCB's current experiment:
"It is quite clear that our food range is not exactly the same of what our ancestors had . All primates consume insects daily. Many human ethnies also. It could be postulated that insects are needed for a perfect dietary balance .

As a precaution I have therefore in sight to put a new phase of the investigation in motion . Last year I already had all season bee larvae as an exclusive animal product, with very amazing results. I have the opportunity to set up a new center in southern Spain soon. In this climate, bees can develop almost all year round and this without artificial feeding. Mulberry trees grow very fast and the caterpillar of the silk moth is easy to breed. So we will also produce silk fabrics, not just nutrients...

I think our duty is not to lock ourselves or others into a closed system and to declare any deviating attempt "mind-boggling" . But it is important to know what is the right diet for us humans, so that everyone has the freedom to take the best path to health and wellbeing."
And do I read that correctly that the only animal food he is eating is bee brood? Is he recommending that anyone else also do this? It sounds like he is at least promoting adding bee brood to the diet, and possibly emphasizing it over mammal meats, poultry and fish, given that he is setting up a center where bee brood will be harvested nearly year-round, yes?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2014, 10:08:19 pm »
I understood that he experimented to eat bee brood as the only animal food during the relatively short season (a few months in spring, I think) when it is available in Southern France.

Is he recommending that anyone else also do this? It sounds like he is at least promoting adding bee brood to the diet, and possibly emphasizing it over mammal meats, poultry and fish, given that he is setting up a center where bee brood will be harvested nearly year-round, yes?

Recommending to anyone to eat a particular food would be contrary to his principles.

What I understand is he emphasizes that insects are habitually missing in raw paleo diets and should be added to our foods choice. Most of us “civilized” Westerners are more or les disgusted to eat insects/worms and not all insects are palatable/edible nor easily available in large amounts in our degraded environment. So, at least bee brood seems to be delicious for most people and would be a fine way to add some insects into our alimentary range.

By coincidence, as I do every Saturday I went to the farmer’s market of the nearest town this morning and asked a sympathetic beekeeper if he sales bee brood. He replied that he always has some, the whole year round, but nobody eats it  although he heard that Chinese do eat it! I said “me too!”, so we agreed that I’ll go to his place on Monday morning to buy a kg of it, since it’s got to be fresh and it’s not storable.

I had it only once and found it moderately tasty, nothing extraordinary. But it’s sometimes the case, when we test a new food for the first time we don’t really appreciate it as we will later. Is it because our body needs to multiply the specific enzymes and/or microorganisms necessary to properly digest the new food? I don’t know.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:02:56 am by Iguana »

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:13 pm »
Wouldn't insects be mostly proteins and lacking in fat?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2014, 11:02:40 pm »
Wouldn't insects be mostly proteins and lacking in fat?
No, insect grubs, for example, are almost all fat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2014, 12:08:25 am »
In my above post, I added the link to a relevant post of GCB in reply to Alphagruis.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2014, 12:58:39 am »
Now, invoking such sensory signals tuned by evolution under the above mentioned conditions in wild to limit food intake in instincto wonderland or civilization where these foods are available ad libitum year after year from Jan 1th to Dec 31th  is obviously a terrible mistake.

And this is just a deadly flaw in instincto "theory".

This is precisely why I think the instincto theory does not work.

And why I believe in seasonal eating + naturally occurring food sources. I tried the 24/7 instincto Eden... and the experiment failed pretty badly.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2014, 01:20:18 am »
Wild honey gatherers in our provinces never sell the bee brood because they eat it themselves... too good to sell!  My sister in law went with them one time and she's no raw paleo dieter but ate bee brood when they gathered honey and she found bee brood extremely delicious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk