Author Topic: Hi there.......  (Read 9764 times)

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi there.......
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:57:45 pm »
New to this forum.........been Primal, raw Paleo, raw vegan, raw vegetarian etc; recovering presently from raw vegan deficiency. I know some others on here so a big hello to all those I don't know!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there.......
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:25:31 am »
  Elainie hi.  Glad to be the first to welcome you.  This is a great site.  I'm sure you'll love it.  A lot of inquiring minds here, and experience to drawn on.  Know well you can just jump right in.  And we're, I am, always interested in everyone's past that has brought us here.  Great day!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:25 am »
Welcome to the forum!   
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:07:26 am »
Welcome. In what order were you on those diets?

Satya

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:12:26 am »
Hi Elainie.  What types of deficiencies did you develop?

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:48:43 am »
Okay what order........I grew up high raw vegetarian (my mom is 81 and has been a cross between an NH'er and Gerson diet her entire life- he mom healed herself of cancer through Gerson- that was back in the day when they used liver) went vegan macro at aged 12- explored raw veganism at aged 15 went back to macro until aged 23 when I ventured into eating wild meat (raw and very rare). I then went back to raw veganism- got fat (I blow up on it) tried a WAP diet (got really fat on that) and after the birth of my third child at aged 29 under the suggestion of Pat Connelly (PPNF) I bought a copy of AV's book We Want To Live and went primal. I lost a ton of weight (too much) consulted with AV from time to time- stayed primal for 4 years- I did have some problems with that diet.......I got pregnant again and went raw vegan and then raw paleo. I stayed paleo for a few years then I had a cancer scare  after the birth of my 5th child (breast- DCIS) so I went back to a raw vegan healing diet to which I stayed on for 3 years running out of energy every day until I could no longer function. I also did 80/10/10 which was probably the worst thing I've ever done to myself. I am recovering from that (it's been a bit over a year) and am presently on a raw Budwig plan with raw goat dairy although I crave raw fish. I went through a recent phase of eating raw fish and eggs. I like raw venison, really raw salmon roe (I used to that from an Alaskan fisherman), raw fish and eggs along with small amounts of greens, chives and berries. That would be my optimal diet- I am Scandinavian as well so it seems to suit me well. I have eaten high/fermented raw fish and reindeer meat in Norway and Sweden. I don't do well with sweet fruit at all.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing now because I became scared from my cancer bout. That's about it.

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 04:57:59 am »
I developed EFA deficiencies, protein, I had chronic fatigue, bruising, splitting peeling nails, memory loss, slurred speech, ear ringing, depression and suicidal thoughts for the first time in my life- I'm sure I left out something but that's all I can remember apart from not being able to digest anything. I do well with fermented/predigested food.Nuts and olive oil is a disaster for me as are fruits other than berries.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 09:30:10 am »
Hi Elainie,

Am always happy to see a raw omnivore mother.  I guess primal diet made you really fertile.  Good for you,

About the cancer scare, you might want to look at the non-diet factors:

- Dental Conditions: Amalgams, Root Canals, Cavitations, See a bio-dentist http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/dental-cleanse

- Pollutants: isopropyl alcohol, flouride, sls in shampoo and soap, make up, chemicals in your home.  Hulda Clark has a free ebook and her pollution avoidance and awareness teachings are very good http://www.curemanual.com/mind-cures-paradigm-shifts/book-cure-for-all-diseases

- Parasite cleansing: I know Aajonus is vehemently against parasite cleansing, but my research and experience shows parasites cut both ways.  Parasites in the correct location of our body do help us detoxify, but parasites in the wrong organs of our bodies as what hulda clark teaches when we are polluted, will cause diseases. http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/parasite-cleanse

I hope you find what you are looking for in this forum.

Welcome!

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:44:00 am »
Hi GS,
Yes, I should have mentioned that I was a big cleanser as well (parasite) and had been doing that for many years. To address my cancer  I did go right to the root cause (mercury toxicity and dental cavitations) as well as any geopathic stress, I used Hamer medicine, many different modalities other than diet/cleansing.

I don't/have not used any toxic cleansers ever for household cleaning (I am 42 years old) except I grew up in a household where they used Ajax etc; wen I was deep into the throes of cleansing (several years ago) I would smell those cleansers I grew up with.

Regarding alcohol- yes, I don't use anything with solvents in it such as alcohol- I know what the risks are etc; I've also used very clean hair/skin products my entire life. My toxic exposure was from mercury. It also led to autoimmune hypothyroid to which I also addressed as that is an underlying pattern in certain cancers.

There are many excellent cancer books- I prefer the ones from Germany- I think the Germans are at the forefront in *alternative* cancer therapies.

My friend (a clinician who worked in German cancer clinic) has been telling me for the past several years to get my body back to where it's running on fats for energy.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:47 am »
You look great for 42! I have some Swedish background as well but haven't experience your health problems. Most raw paleos agree that fats should contribute the majority of energy nutrients. I would suggest a red meat and fat diet with seafood (since you said you like it and are drawn to it) and little in the way of plant foods.

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:25 am »
Thanks. I'm drawn to doing moderate protein, higher fat, low carb (berries). Not sure about butter (Primal) as I seem to have reactions to it (I would need to try raw goat butter since my system doesn't agree with cow dairy). I seem to thrive on local raw goat milk kefir I make myself (I bought into a small 5 herd goat share). I am also drawn to fish with AV style coconut cream (that was one of my favorites). Raw paleo is a bit rough for me in some respects.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 11:28:01 am »
There are many excellent cancer books- I prefer the ones from Germany- I think the Germans are at the forefront in *alternative* cancer therapies.

Awesome!  Which German cancer books you recommend?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 01:33:51 am »
It's 1:30am.
An idea popped in my mind and I just had to type this so I can get back to sleep.
After your fifth child, did you get a ligation / have your tubes tied?
Did you get into any kind of contraception?
Did you get into any maintenance drugs or shots?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »
    Hey Elainie :)  How are you doing?  I hope you have a great day!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:50:16 pm »
I went through a similar experience with the 80/10/10 diet.  It took me a couple of years to get over the panic attacks that that diet brought me, not to mention the tooth sensitivity problems.

Doug Graham belongs in jail.  :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 05:51:09 am »
I developed EFA deficiencies, protein, I had chronic fatigue, bruising, splitting peeling nails, memory loss, slurred speech, ear ringing, depression and suicidal thoughts for the first time in my life- I'm sure I left out something but that's all I can remember apart from not being able to digest anything. I do well with fermented/predigested food.Nuts and olive oil is a disaster for me as are fruits other than berries.
Welcome Elainie, good to see you at this forum. What specific foods were you eating when you developed the above symptoms?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk