Author Topic: Neurosurgeon puts "safe starches theory" to shame and advocates RAF  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
He shows us how beneficial skin, tendons, organs etc. is raw.. and how we better do not chew!!! Amazing stuff........

There is another part of this story few are putting together…………raw protein and substrate of the ketogenic diet with seafood like chitin and shells provide both pre and probiotics to feed the distal gut microbiome. The microbiome is designed to convert all this stuff to butyrate, a short chain fatty acid in the colon. Many people ask me why I don’t talk about veggies like Dr. Wahl does in her version of the paleo diet.  In my view,  she has only half the story right.  And yet, it seems to have worked for her.   I personally think she has the ability to get even better if she tweeks what she is doing further.

TRUTH BOMB ALERT

Eating raw seafood like,  oysters,  shrimp,  and their organ meats  contains the most prebiotic glycans.  Organ parts from seafood and organ meat is particularly good because it has the most prebiotics because it has the most collagen in it. It also has massive amounts of CoEnQ10. When the meat is freshly killed,  like would be the case in human history prior to agriculture; lots of prebiotic glycans would be delivered to a carnivore like microbiome to  allow for optimal gut function.

COOKING MISMATCH

This is why modern cooking techniques need to be questioned too. It is even why bone broths and seafood exoskeleton broths have downsides. Few people see this.  Crock pots and Sous vide’s are great modern tools for convenience,  but they degrade our microbiome and create a new environmental mismatchs that modern humans have had to deal with.  It’s been in their blind spot too.  We need to realize eating the tough sinew and tendons of fresh animals allows for the glycans and GAG’s to go undigested and make it to our distal gut to feed the critters there to keep the colon healthy by changing these things to butyrate and creating subcutaneous fat and not visceral fat.

Eating butter and coconut oil is a “modern paleo strategy” to try to outthink mother nature’s design.  We are better off letting nature do what she does best when we understand circadian biology and the action of protons and electrons.   Instead, we need to consider eating that grisel, chitin, and collagen in our dietary template;   The April 2014 webinar will explain why.  Are you a unhealthy skeptic?  OK……………

http://jackkruse.com/organizational-structural-failure-1-gutcollagen-link/

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I need to eat more tiny shrimp.  We got lots of those.  Cheap too.

Will try these suggestions.

What is grisel?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Carne Cruda

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Interesting, thanks.
Good to know, I already eat for the most part that way but I might implement raw shrimp, or such, if I were able to find them from trustable sources.

Anyway, reading the whole blog-post, relatively to many paragraphs (not the ones here), honestly I wouldn't be able to tell whether he is extremely brilliant (cutting edge etc.) or if he jumps to quickly onto conclusions that are actually quite far-fetched.

Offline aem42290

• Forager
    • View Profile
Interesting, thanks.
Good to know, I already eat for the most part that way but I might implement raw shrimp, or such, if I were able to find them from trustable sources.

Anyway, reading the whole blog-post, relatively to many paragraphs (not the ones here), honestly I wouldn't be able to tell whether he is extremely brilliant (cutting edge etc.) or if he jumps to quickly onto conclusions that are actually quite far-fetched.
Jack Kruse is a rather well-known liar in the medical community. The American Neuroscience board recently suspended his license due to questions of integrity. http://www.aansneurosurgeon.org/210112/8/1210

Having read his little rant regarding electrons and protons in the body's metabolic systems, I would suggest that Mr. Kruse retake some basic physics courses. About the only thing he got right on his website is that raw meats/ seafoods are healthy. Overall: of course, we should eat raw seafoods. Will they feed our guts? Yes, most likely-- but the extent of their capacity to do so is seriously questionable.

It is a shame than an MD is marshaling extremely flawed and bombastic scientific rhetoric to legitimize his positions.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
I need to eat more tiny shrimp.  We got lots of those.  Cheap too.

Will try these suggestions.

What is grisel?

Maybe it is kind of gristle?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Jack Kruse is a rather well-known liar in the medical community. The American Neuroscience board recently suspended his license due to questions of integrity. http://www.aansneurosurgeon.org/210112/8/1210

Having read his little rant regarding electrons and protons in the body's metabolic systems, I would suggest that Mr. Kruse retake some basic physics courses. About the only thing he got right on his website is that raw meats/ seafoods are healthy. Overall: of course, we should eat raw seafoods. Will they feed our guts? Yes, most likely-- but the extent of their capacity to do so is seriously questionable.

It is a shame than an MD is marshaling extremely flawed and bombastic scientific rhetoric to legitimize his positions.

He has way more than one thing right. That is actually a shame you cannot see that

to make your judgement because of something someone writes about him on the web is pretty superficial.
I have been following this guy from the very beginning of his blog and i can say I am not disappointed as of yet - quite the opposite! He is actually the only one I follow anymore... everything else is fading in comparison.

He is not scared of critics..... and I have never seen anyone so free of dogma (this point is extremely important to me - I follow people who evolve, who is ever perfect?)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Interesting, thanks.

he is brilliant IMO. Never seen anyone that free of dogma, like i write above
Is he crazy? You bet..... LOL

but I like crazy  ;)

I am crazy too... eating whole raw fish heads and rotten heart lol

must be some sort of brain damage?  ;D But man, how comes I feel so great   :)  :)  :)

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
I don't follow dr. kruse, but i have browsed his site before. I, for one, would especially trust a doctor who had their medical license suspended or is being otherwise attacked by the medical profession. This usually means they are speaking the truth about health and affecting enough people positively to be seen as a threat to the bottom-line of pharmaceutical companies. To be crazy in this crazy world is to be right.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Yes... if you look for the truth you aint going to be popular... you are so right about that Edmon.

Jack practices as a neurosurgeon now BTW

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Neurosurgeon puts "safe starches theory" to shame and advocates RAF
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 01:46:46 pm »
Wow, this is really good stuff Inger! I'm going to go through his site to learn as much as I can. Thanks for posting!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 02:24:11 pm »

Having read his little rant regarding electrons and protons in the body's metabolic systems, I would suggest that Mr. Kruse retake some basic physics courses

It looks like most people should also take some basic physics courses… It’s also a shame that so many naively believe such pseudoscientific bullshit.   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 06:55:43 pm »
"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons."

- Dr. Jack Kruse, January 2013, http://www.jackkruse.com/the-epcotx-rx

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:19:36 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:47 am »
It looks like most people should also take some basic physics courses… It’s also a shame that so many naively believe such pseudoscientific bullshit.   

Can't we have different points of view without insults?
Or at least could you be more specific when you are so judgemental?

Offline Thoth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »
he is brilliant IMO. Never seen anyone that free of dogma, like i write above
Is he crazy? You bet..... LOL

but I like crazy  ;)

I am crazy too... eating whole raw fish heads and rotten heart lol

must be some sort of brain damage?  ;D But man, how comes I feel so great   :)  :)  :)

Inger, if I were not happily paired with my amazing, wonderful, smart, strong, gorgeous raw meat eating partner, I would swim to Finland, Kill and Elk with my bare hands, drag it to where you are and ask you to marry me ;)

You are so fucking cool!

Ok, I would use a knife, but that is all! :P

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 06:42:52 am »
Thoth, it seems like you used to post here frequently. How come your account says you've only posted three times?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 06:30:53 pm »
hahaha... Toth I would say YES in a heartbeat...LOL not too many men like that around ;)
no one have ever killed me whole an elk... brains included and all...!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:40:24 pm by Inger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk