Author Topic: PaleoPhil's Journal  (Read 338731 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: PaleoPhil's Journal
« Reply #600 on: April 27, 2012, 07:14:23 am »
I'd say having more minerals in the bloodstream, especially magnesium and calcium, makes a big difference in the degree of calm, as well.
Indeed, when I was working in a supplement/herb/healthfood store I noticed that my customers tended to get more benefit from the mineral supplements than the vitamins or herbs, yet not a lot tried the minerals, perhaps in part because they don't get as much advertising.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 04, 2012, 09:42:58 am »
Looks like I'm not the only one for whom acidic fruit juices cause problems if consumed in excess:
"previous research in the same journal showed that acids in citrus fruit juices (particularly lemon juice) can also erode the enamel on teeth"

NPR - Online: Energy Drinks Can Take Teeth On An Irreversible Acid Trip
05/03/2012
http://www.wbur.org/npr/151868879/energy-drinks-can-take-teeth-on-an-irreversible-acid-trip
However, they were much more of a problem in the past for me than they are now. Some time benefiting from a solid base of a raw Paleo diet appears to robustify the body to better handle stressors like fruit acids.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »
I try to be honest and factual and, like Lex and other good posters, report the failed experiments and health problems (even minor ones like chapped lips) as well as the successes, not just propagandize. So I'll report my less than thrilling experience with coconut foods. It's not meant as a criticism of coconut, nor as any sort of claim regarding how others will fare on coconut foods. No doubt, regardless of how I report things, some will interpret what I write negatively, but I won't lose sleep over those folks.

I find that my experience with coconut products aligns with Tyler's to some degree. Highly touted mass-produced products like extra virgin coconut oil, Artisana "raw" coconut butter, and store-bought coconut cream taste lousy to me and give me a heavy feeling in my stomach and often nausea and malaise, especially coconut oil. I'm puzzled by the acclaim these products receive even at a raw forum like this one. One of the worst recommendations I've seen on this forum, from my experience, was to eat the Artisana so-called "raw" coconut butter (I think it was even referred to as "ambrosia"). I also found that flash-pasteurized coconut water was more problematic for me than 100% raw coconut water, though I find that I need to limit my intake of even the latter. Based on my experience, I suspect that I don't digest MCT oils very well, whereas I seem to digest long-chain animal fats much better, and that even seemingly mild heating and processing of foods can have a deleterious effect, at least on me.

Recently I found that mature fresh coconut and coconut water consumed straight from the fruit were less problematic than processed coconut products, even the "raw" ones like Artisana's. I even experienced some benefits on BM's from the mature coconut, so I upped my intake somewhat but found that there are limits for me even with fresh coconut. I apparently exceeded that limit when I ate nearly half a coconut, including the water as well as the flesh, thoroughly chopped and chewed, and ended up vomiting the coconut back out. I think a contributing factor might have been that I ate lots of wild Maine blueberries after eating the coconut. The acidity of the berries plus the MCT oils and fiber might have been too much for my stomach. Won't repeat that experiment.  ;D

Despite that experience, I'm still intrigued by the beneficial effect I got from moderate amounts of mature coconut flesh, so have been continuing to eat it, but in more limited quantities. I'm also interested in the possibility that home-made coconut food products like home-made raw coconut cream might be more tolerable for me than store-bought products and might also provide some benefits in limited quantities, but the sticker shock of high-quality food processors and juicers gave me pause.

---*---

Last weekend I showed my brother my Movnat-type course in the woods and he didn't show the much interest, though he loves mountain biking, which has some interesting similarities. I also learned that his eldest son has joined a Crossfit gym. Crossfit seems to be the biggest spreader of Paleo-type stuff today.

---*---

Interesting comments from Dave Asprey on raw meat and eggs as part of an "anti cancer diet"--he even poo-pooed salmonella:
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/steve-jobs-dr-dean-ornish-and-vegetarian-cancer/

Dave Asprey

While The Bulletproof Diet is not an anti cancer diet, if you eat it raw, it will serve that purpose. Raw meat or egg is better for you than raw vegetables.

Durgareiki

Dave, raw meats and eggs will kill you! What are you SAYING? You really need to educate yourself!

BuddhaBandit

Raw chicken or pork will give you salmonella or trichinosis respectively, both of which can be fatal. I'm assuming you're making a broad brush statement much as you do repeatedly in your article, without citing sources, providing footnotes, or backing up your claims with links, etc. Maybe you meant to say fish is better eaten raw. Nonetheless, you said something general enough to be stupidly and obviously dangerous. And by the way, get your facts right about soy. It's not soy that's bad, it's soy isolates. Consult the google machine. You might learn something Mr. Genius.

Dave Asprey

Lol – trichinosis in commercial pork that’s inspected? Hardly. Salmonella dies when you dip it in iodine, and chickens raised properly in pastures have a much lower risk of it.

I know. “The google machine” told me. It must be true.

Edamame has been linked with estrogen problems in kids and males. ALL soy protein is bad, whether or not it’s isolated or still in those nasty tasting little toxic beans.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:04:28 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:52 am »
Hey Phil. Have you ever been to the tropics and eaten coconuts right off the tree? In the Barbados and Florida I did GREAT with coconuts but by the time they get here to Texas and whatever they do to them in the process makes them into a whole different experience for me. I miss the good ones!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 26, 2012, 02:06:11 am »
i tried Artisana butter and did not like it.  stick with the real thing.  young coconut is so much better.  but they are hit or miss.  a lot of times i gotten spoiled ones and at $1.5 each it adds up quickly. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08:28 am »
Hey Phil. Have you ever been to the tropics and eaten coconuts right off the tree? In the Barbados and Florida I did GREAT with coconuts but by the time they get here to Texas and whatever they do to them in the process makes them into a whole different experience for me. I miss the good ones!
Nope. Sounds nice.

i tried Artisana butter and did not like it.  stick with the real thing.  young coconut is so much better.  but they are hit or miss.  a lot of times i gotten spoiled ones and at $1.5 each it adds up quickly.
I do indeed seem to tolerate green coconut better than coconut products like Artisana butter, but for some reason I seem to tolerate mature coconut better still, within limits, and raw fermented coconut water (Kevita http://kevita.com/kevita%E2%84%A2-good-drink-raw-food-diet--there's no guarantee that it isn't heated at all, but if it's considered OK for raw foodists, then one would think that it's not heated above the level that most raw foodists consider raw), which is essentially extra-mature coconut water, best of all the coconut products. I'm thinking that I might be able to handle small amounts of a coconut butter or cream that's home-made from mature coconuts OK, though the concentrating of coconut oil does appear to be an issue for me above a certain point.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:16:44 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:58 am »
KeVita is at Sprouts and Whole Foods so I'm going to try it! I bet it's more like kombucha, miso, tamari etc. in that the base is not live but it is considered a live food because of the bacteria that is growing in it. That's a raw vegan thing that happens a lot. Live vs. Raw.

Sounds fun Phil - thanks for the link.

Btw - I get my coconut oil mostly through my skin. It "tastes" better that way. ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 27, 2012, 09:06:26 am »
Hmm, good idea, thanks.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 24, 2012, 04:48:04 am »
Hi Phil, I was just checking out your Journal. I agree with you regarding Artisana "raw" coconut butter. I tried that a way's back and didn't like it at all. It had a dryness and grittiness to it I recall. I have tried different variation/brands of EV coconut oil. There all different on how they are made/produced. I never liked the fermented ones (nutiva), my system never agreed with them. Try the centrifuge extracted EV coconut oil. I found one from Wilderness Family Naturals (www.wildernessfamily.com). It's actually a "raw" product, and is processed at low temperatures. I agree with you on the Raw coconut water also. I find that it just tastes better. My body seems to like it over the pasteurized versions out there much better. PS: I guess were all ginny pigs to a degree on this site. It's kind of hit or miss for lots of us. I look forward to what the next topic your going to tackle. I still have a lot of back reading to do, I'll try to catch up!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:11:08 am by Chris »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:34 am »
I tried the Kevita and spit it out.

-v

To each their own, but I thought the stuff was vile.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:39 am »

-v

LOL.... I've tried that before too. They sell it @ Whole Foods and Mother's Market out here. Not sure if Sprouts carries it? But I agree, I didn't like it either. It didn't do much for me @ all, to be quite honest with you! I think those drinks are a total ripoff.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:56 am »
Hi Phil, I was just checking out your Journal. I agree with you regarding Artisana "raw" coconut butter. I tried that a way's back and didn't like it at all. It had a dryness and grittiness to it I recall.
Yes, I found that too. I found that mixing it with water and honey improves it a bit, but it's still not great. Even small amounts of it also make me nauseous without the honey.

I have tried different variation/brands of EV coconut oil. There all different on how there are made/produced. I never liked the fermented ones (nutiva)[/quote]Fermented coconut oil? Where can I buy it? I tend to find I digest raw fermented foods better than unfermented.

Try the centrifuge extracted EV coconut oil. I found one from Wilderness Family Naturals (www.wildernessfamily.com). It's actually a "raw" product, and is processed at low temperatures.
Cool! thanks, what temp?

I agree with you on the Raw coconut water also. I find that it just tastes better. My body seems to like it over the pasteurized versions out there much better.
Yeah, the difference is pretty amazing. Coconut water is one of the foods that demonstrate dramatically the difference between truly raw and near-raw.

PS: I guess were all ginny pigs to a degree on this site. It's kind of hit or miss for lots of us. I look forward to what the next topic your going to tackle. I still have a lot of back reading to do, I'll try to catch up!
Neato, it's nice to find a kindred curious spirit.

-v

Was it the stevia flavor? It's funny, after you mentioned it, I find I'm noticing it more! Damn! I do find that to be the downside to it, but I was so thrilled that I finally found a coconut product I could digest well, and the stevia was sufficiently mild (it's the last ingredient) that I tolerated it. Sometimes I do add honey or other stuff to it when I don't want to taste the stevia. Interesting to find someone else who like me doesn't like stevia. People seem to rave about it on the Internet and I've never come across anyone else who doesn't like it. Too sweet and artificial-tasting for me (yes, I know stevia fans, it's not artificial, it just tastes like artificial stuff to me). Give me raw fermented honey over stevia any day.

LOL.... I've tried that before too. They sell it @ Whole Foods and Mother's Market out here. Not sure if Sprouts carries it? But I agree, I didn't like it either. It didn't do much for me @ all, to be quite honest with you! I think those drinks are a total ripoff.
Yeah, they are a ripoff, LOL, but I'm hoping they may improve my ability to digest coconut foods, which I find improve my BMs more than anything, but eating just a tad too much sends me quickly over the edge into nausea, diarrhea and even vomiting, so it's worth a try--time will tell. So far I haven't noticed anything, so I may give up soon. I guess I should have included more warnings for folks. Oh well, I guess now I've messed up like the folks who told me that Artisana stuff was great and I got sick as a result, LOL. Please forgive me.

I'll try to warn others better now--coconut products can be dangerous stuff, buyer beware! :)

BTW, I also tried store-bought kombucha and kefir and they made Kevita taste great in comparison. :)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:06 am »
I love my home-made kombucha but the stuff in the store is so sweet it makes me spit too!

Was it the stevia flavor? It's funny, after you mentioned it, I find I'm noticing it more! Damn! I do find that to be the downside to it, but I was so thrilled that I finally found a coconut product I could digest well, and the stevia was sufficiently mild (it's the last ingredient) that I tolerated it. Sometimes I do add honey or other stuff to it when I don't want to taste the stevia. Interesting to find someone else who like me doesn't like stevia. People seem to rave about it on the Internet and I've never come across anyone else who doesn't like it. Too sweet and artificial-tasting for me (yes, I know stevia fans, it's not artificial, it just tastes like artificial stuff to me). Give me raw fermented honey over stevia any day.

I HATE stevia "products" but LOVE fresh raw stevia leaves! I bought a little plant and I pick the leaves and eat them with relish. Give me anything with that horrid powder in it though and  -v

I should have known better buying a drink with that as an ingredient - but like you said - last ingredient. Maybe I should put some honey in it. That's a good idea. I'll try it just so I don't waste that rip-off expensive bottle of blubby stuff.  l)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:28 am »
You've influenced me yet again, sweet Dorothy. I think I mentally mostly blocked out the bad taste of the stevia in Kevita because I was so excited to find a coconut product I could digest and now I notice it more and can't take it any more. I never noticed any benefit from the Kevita anyway and it's expensive, so you probably did me a service. I thought maybe it might help me digest other coconut foods after a while, but I never noticed any difference, so good riddance to it.

My local Healthy Living market had something in stock today I've never seen in a market before--wild blackberries! Yum, yum. More tart than the regular organic blackberries, but very flavorful and still delicious and a delightful change of pace. Healthy Living beats any market I've seen for high quality foods, including every farmer's market I've seen. Expensive, yes, but top rate. The owner(s) must be very knowledgeable.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 03, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »
Wild Blackberries - Wow!

I bought some native low-growing "dewberries" which are basically the same thing as blackberries but a little more tart too - and they do make me feel amazing - a different effect than regular blackberries.

I'm jealous of that store you have there Phil!

I had coconut milk today from a young Thai coconut. It's funny but the Thai coconuts I've been getting from Whole Foods have been fine for me lately. I wonder if they aren't getting them from a new source now or maybe not irradiating? Or maybe I'm just a bit stronger? Coconut milk is such a wonderful taste. I hope that you can get to enjoy the real fresh stuff soon Phil. Good riddance to the fake stevias forever! LOL.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »
I do drink coconut water from the Thai green coconuts some times and I can also buy bottles of 100% raw Thai coconut water if I want at the market (here's the brand: http://harmlesscoconut.com/Harmless_Coconut/home.html), but as I reported before, I digest the Kevita better than those or any other coconut foods I've tried so far. The fermenting apparently helps me digest it. If it didn't have stevia in it, it would be as good as it gets for me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 04, 2012, 01:44:04 am »
I have tried different variation/brands of EV coconut oil. There all different on how there are made/produced. I never liked the fermented ones (nutiva)Fermented coconut oil? Where can I buy it? I tend to find I digest raw fermented foods better than unfermented.
Cool! thanks, what temp?

Hi Phil,

Here is some more info regarding Wilderness Family Naturals EV Coconut Oil.
The centrifuged virgin coconut oil is exposed to maximum temperatures of 40° C (about 104° F) and the cold-pressed coconut oil is processed at about 98.6° F or 37° C. Neither oil is exposed to extremely "low" or high temperatures. If you go to there website: www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com ( I apologize Phil, I gave you the wrong web address, I forgot to add "Naturals" at the end) and go to the FAQ's you can get even more info regarding why this is the best EVCO in the market! I hope you give it a shot! My body seems to agree with this brand. Probably due to the extraction at lower temperatures. This is the ONLY EVCO I recommend!!!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 04, 2012, 01:54:37 am »
Hey Phil - I was thinking of trying to ferment some fresh raw coconut water with a tiny bit of the kevita added as a starter. Have you tried this yet?

Chris - I'm definitely going to order some of that coconut oil in the winter. If I ordered it now by the time it got here it would be cooked in the back of the UPS truck even if the company kept it at the right temps! Thanks for that link.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 04, 2012, 06:18:07 am »
Thanks for the additional info, Chris. It's so rare these days to find kindred spirits on the Internet who are more interested in sharing and learning than refuting and ridiculing. <thumbs up>

Hey Phil - I was thinking of trying to ferment some fresh raw coconut water with a tiny bit of the kevita added as a starter. Have you tried this yet?
I did and it was an utter failure. I learned that coconut water is difficult to ferment--one has to add sugar to have better chance of success, apparently. I tried adding the most highly-recommended maple syrup, with horrible results, and then decided that given this and my poor history with sugary fluids, it was best not to pursue this path further.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 04, 2012, 08:28:15 am »
Oh - that's too bad Phil Glad I asked. I won't bother trying. The plain coconut water does so well for me that there's probably no real reason to even try anyhow. I just like playing with ferments. ;)

I did try kefir in coconut milk once and the concoction was something out of a horror movie.  :o

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 20, 2012, 01:24:32 am »
This morning as I was preparing to go kayaking on Lake Champlain, my nephew said he hoped I didn't fall into the cold water and laughed at the thought of such a calamity. I chuckled internally because I was planning to take an intentional dip, but didn't say anything, so as to surprise him. The water was wonderfully refreshing and actually not as cold as I had hoped. He was surprised when I returned and he learned that I had been swimming.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 21, 2012, 10:11:29 pm »
I just had an excellent dental checkup, even though I went a week longer between visits than my normal 3 month cleaning (I go every 3 months because dental plaque accumulates rapidly on my teeth and I develop increasing gum inflammation). For the first time since it was noticed years ago, my cavity is showing signs of some healing (the fact that it had gone years without seriously deteriorating was amazing enough, but this is fabulous). There's still a hole, but the probe is no longer sticking when poked into it, which pleased the hygienist and perhaps means that the soft enamel has re-hardened somewhat, maybe even refilled-in a little? She also said that my gums are less inflamed and the cleaning was easier, quicker and less painful than before (though cleanings since I went LC cooked Paleo haven't been that bad, generally). It's particularly pleasing because I was a bit concerned when my last dental visit was worse than usual and the hygienist's probe seemed to stick more in my cavity than usual and she recommended getting a filling (which was first recommended to me around 4 years or so ago).

I had been eating more carby foods than I had in a long time at the time of my last dental visit, including some of the least-bad carby foods available at the cafeteria at work. I've tried to do a better job of bringing my own foods to work so I won't end up hungry and tempted by cafeteria foods and I cut back again somewhat on my carb intake (though I still eat the ones that I've found cause me the least problems) and increased my intake of soft animal foods.

The main reason I had increased my carby-food intake was due to the problem of constipation when eating too many animal foods, so I've tried to focus on eating soft, easily-digestible animal foods and including more animal fats, organs, bones, cartilage and gelatin in my diet. This has meant doing more heating/cooking than in the past, which I know is a cardinal sin here, but the benefits have outweighed the negatives by far. From the start my goal has been to maximize my health, wellbeing and happiness, not to commit to some dogma about 100% rawness.

One thing I noticed was to pay attention to certain signs. If there was lots of sticky white crud on my gumline in the morning and my mouth tasted and felt gross, then I found through experience that I wasn't eating right for my dental health, whereas if there was little crud, my mouth felt fresh in the morning and my teeth were smooth and polished, then I was on the right track.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:17:01 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:52 am »
I just had an excellent dental checkup, even though I went a week longer between visits than my normal 3 month cleaning (I go every 3 months because dental plaque accumulates rapidly on my teeth and I develop increasing gum inflammation). For the first time since it was noticed years ago, my cavity is showing signs of some healing (the fact that it had gone years without seriously deteriorating was amazing enough, but this is fabulous). There's still a hole, but the probe is no longer sticking when poked into it, which pleased the hygienist and perhaps means that the soft enamel has re-hardened somewhat, maybe even refilled-in a little? She also said that my gums are less inflamed and the cleaning was easier, quicker and less painful than before (though cleanings since I went LC cooked Paleo haven't been that bad, generally). It's particularly pleasing because I was a bit concerned when my last dental visit was worse than usual and the hygienist's probe seemed to stick more in my cavity than usual and she recommended getting a filling (which was first recommended to me around 4 years or so ago).

I had been eating more carby foods than I had in a long time at the time of my last dental visit, including some of the least-bad carby foods available at the cafeteria at work. I've tried to do a better job of bringing my own foods to work so I won't end up hungry and tempted by cafeteria foods and I cut back again somewhat on my carb intake (though I still eat the ones that I've found cause me the least problems) and increased my intake of soft animal foods.

The main reason I had increased my carby-food intake was due to the problem of constipation when eating too many animal foods, so I've tried to focus on eating soft, easily-digestible animal foods and including more animal fats, organs, bones, cartilage and gelatin in my diet. This has meant doing more heating/cooking than in the past, which I know is a cardinal sin here, but the benefits have outweighed the negatives by far. From the start my goal has been to maximize my health, wellbeing and happiness, not to commit to some dogma about 100% rawness.

One thing I noticed was to pay attention to certain signs. If there was lots of sticky white crud on my gumline in the morning and my mouth tasted and felt gross, then I found through experience that I wasn't eating right for my dental health, whereas if there was little crud, my mouth felt fresh in the morning and my teeth were smooth and polished, then I was on the right track.

I may have harped on this before, but have you tried vitamin D supplements?  I actually had the same problems with plaque as you did, before I starting vitamin D supplements.

I haven't been to the dentist in probably 5 years, and I have no noticeable tartar buildup.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 22, 2012, 06:48:32 pm »
Yes, I take blue ice raw fermented cod liver oil and occasionally add some vitamin d gels, especially in the winter. Haven't noticed any difference in the plaque from it.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 04, 2012, 05:54:13 am »
Warning to sensitive raw Paleo purists, the following report may be upsetting:  >:  :o

It's hard to tell with accurate detail, but adding or increasing these foods seems to have provided more benefits to my dental health than just raw Paleo or raw Paleo plus RF CLO, vitamin D gels, minerals and Oxysulfur:

sardine soup  (heated in a crockpot on the warm setting)
marrow bone broth (heated in a crockpot on the warm setting)
liver cooked in bacon and garlic (I found it hard to get myself to eat enough raw, whereas cooked bacon and garlic give it a flavor that entices me to eat more)

This doesn't mean I think that humans are coctivores. Rather, the bone, joint, skin, and organ elements that these foods provide are less commonly available in raw foods and less enticing to my palate amongst the raw foods, so these are substitutes, and I have more dental and other damage to reverse than Paleolithic peoples normally would have had.

Plus I increased some of my raw Paleo foods:
raw fertilized eggs
raw suet (my intake had dropped and I ramped it back up after my dental health declined some)

The latter two foods seem to be my most beneficial so far.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk