Author Topic: Lex's Journal  (Read 824266 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Lex's Journal
« Reply #1450 on: February 05, 2012, 12:03:19 am »
Lex,

thanks again for your detailed reports and your honesty.

Most raw foodists are not remotely able to discuss their own health problems that could be caused by their "special" diet (like me when I was a fresh new born raw vegan evangelist in the late 90's, for example).

You helped me to finally discard the raw zero carb idea.

I would like to mention two interesting things: During EVERY of my numerous (100%) raw zero carb experiments I got UTIs and fungal infections, beside countless other problems like irritability, heart problems, pain in my gi tract ect. At first I thought that grain fed meat was the cause. But later I found out that raw 100% grass fed beef can cause exactly the same problems including UTIs and fungal infections.

You are right, the theory that raw zero carb diets can reliably prevent fungal overgrowth is complete nonsense.

BUT why on earth did I never got UTIs and fungal infections during 100% COOKED zero carb diets? I still have no satisfying answer to this question. Even cooked grain fed zc carbs never caused UTIs and fungal infections (,but they caused MASSIVE oxidative stress in my body).

BTW: I always healed my UTIs with super low calorie zero fat raw vegan dietary excursions. Especially bitter greens like endives were tremendously helpful to get rid of this burning pain quickly. Fruits weren't nearly as useful. Robert Morse would say that acids from high amounts of protein are the clear cause. And ... perhaps ... he is right?

Best wishes

Löwenherz

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:30 am »

Good call Van. What you say might be pivotal - I mean - JUST with the drought conditions alone.......  Lex - have you asked Slankers Lex exactly what they had to feed their cows this summer?

I think this is probably the crux of the issue, at least with the allergies and most of the other stuff. 

The cows' diet makes a HUGE difference, in my experience.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 05, 2012, 01:09:35 am »
The draught story is interesting, but it doesn't seem to explain Lex's history of problems, which goes back 18 months, whereas the draught reportedly started a little over a year ago, correct? First let's try to get Lex's history right. Let's seek to understand before we seek to be understood. Is the following accurate about your history, Lex?

> Hx of kidney stones - are they still present? Increased water intake to try to prevent more developing.
> Prostatitis with a severe UTI: 18 months ago; treated with Cipro antibiotic, which resolved the acute symptoms.
> Recently (how long ago?) passing urine has become more difficult; had to increase dose of prostate-shrinking Alpha blocker drug as a result.
> UTI due to yeast infection: late December/early January; treated with Miconazole Nitrate antifungal as well as an antibiotic (the latter is odd if no bacteria were found--not atypical for physicians to prescribe antibiotics for no particular reason, though)
> Slow but steady weight gain of 15 lbs. and 2" increase in waist size over the last 18 to 24 months
> Progressive decrease in vision (presbyopia) over the last few years; had to increase reading glass strength from +1.75 to +2.75
> New symptoms over the last 18-24 months of sneezing several times during the day, coupled with a constant runny nose with minor sinus congestion; persists even in winter
> Annual labs (blood glucose, cholesterol, and PSA) are still good (unchanged?)

Other therapies tried without noticeable benefit:
Prostate massage, prostate supplements, olive leaf, oregano, Rife 'beam ray' machine, Hulda Clark's recommended therapies, pinhole glasses, distilled water, deionized and filtered water, chiropractic, probiotic supplements and high meat and "most of the other natural methods of reestablishing intestinal flora" (no benefit other than re-establishing flora), eating fresh meat instead of frozen.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:27 am »
Other therapies tried without noticeable benefit:
Prostate massage, prostate supplements, olive leaf, oregano, Rife 'beam ray' machine, Hulda Clark's recommended therapies, pinhole glasses, distilled water, deionized and filtered water, chiropractic, probiotic supplements and high meat and "most of the other natural methods of reestablishing intestinal flora" (no benefit other than re-establishing flora), eating fresh meat instead of frozen.

That's why I'm wondering if there might be some type of slow poison in the environment. Diet doesn't necessarily correct for ingestion of poisons or absorption through the skin.
insert signature here

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 05, 2012, 09:49:03 am »
Phil--if that's the correct time frame, then you have a good point. I was wondering about that myself.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:56 am »
Phil - excellent point.

Remember when I tried ZC with grass-fed ground beef for just two days I told you that my kidneys hated it and it took me a couple of weeks to get over it? It was so clear to me that there was something really bad for my kidneys about doing that - I felt like some toxin was being produced.

But then Lex wrote about how it was so very important to eat the entire animal.

The thing that interests me is that for 4 years he was doing well and his kidney issues did not necessarily increase because that kidney stone he said could have been there the whole time and was just finally passing. His prostate problem also did not get better but also did not get worse until recently right? I must have missed it when he said he had a UTI 18 months ago though. That seems significant. What changed 24 months ago? Why didn't he have all these things during the first 4 years?

Before just assuming that the diet is not good for the urinary tract - first let's make sure something didn't change with the food! On that time line of yours I would like to know when Lex tried the primal blend without the whole animal included? For how long?

Also, the dog and cat food Slankers says changes batch to batch as to the ingredients they have on hand. Do they always use the entire animal or do they just put leftover parts and did the batches in any way change significantly generally about 2 years ago? Do they sometimes just not put in kidneys or some other organ? If they are doing much more business, do they then put much more or some things into their D&C? Did the processing plant change something? Did they change processing plants?

Also at what time did Lex start doing all that rendering instead of eating the fat raw?

I think some Sherlock Holmes kind of investigation might be in order and you made a most noble start.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 05, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »
Gosh, you all have me practically dead and buried!

The problems are very minor at this point and most people today wouldn't even notice them or would think they were normal.

The problem with Phil's time frame is that stuff like the prostate problem was preexisting and has slowly gotten worse over the last 10 years to the point that I finally had to up the meds.  In truth, the doctors were surprised that it took so long.  By this time many men are up to 8mg/day or have transitioned to a more potent drug than the one that I'm taking.  Others have been forced into surgery or must use catheters. 

I also pointed out that my eyesight was at +2.5 when I started this adventure 6+ years ago.  It then dropped a bit too +1.75 and has slowly climbed back up to +2.75.  From where I started this is only a +0.25 overall gain from the initial starting point in 6 years, again rather amazing from the eye docs perspective.

The UTI's have been with me for about 30 years (I started getting them in the 1980's) and usually rear their ugly heads every 2-5 years.  Neither the frequency of infection nor the intensity of the infections has changed much since I went to ZC.  In other words, ZC has had no measurable effect.

The Kidney stones were a new experience, but I've had no further problems since I increased my water intake.  If you remember, I had purposely decreased my water intake to help reduce the frequency of urination from the BPH.  This reduction in water intake happened to coinside with my starting ZC and I assume the acid urine (5.0-5.5 ph) created by ZC was a contributor but not the total cause for the stones.  I upped the fluid intake back to normal and have had no further problems other than having to use the bathroom a bit more often throughout the day.

The only real new issues are the slow weight gain and the minor allergy symptoms.  The weight gain can easily be controlled by purposely eating less, but to do that I would have to measure everything and go on a "diet".  The whole point of eating paleo is that we shouldn't have to diet to maintain our weight as the paleo lifestyle should take care of that for us.  All we should have to do is eat until we are satisfied - at least that is the theory.  The question now is, "is the theory correct?"

The allergy symptoms are more of a mystery and I thank everyone for their input.  I will take a look at everything, but as far as I know little or nothing has changed in my environment.  Of course I have no idea about the beef itself.  The only thing that really stands out might be the rendered fat as I've only been using this consistently for about 2 years.  Before that it was raw fat that I ordered monthly with the meat and ground and added myself.  I may go back to this and see if the problem clears up.  It might also be the Texas drought, and over that I have no control.

Slankers did change processors a couple of years ago as well, but I've heard of no other problems so doubt this would be the cause but will keep it in mind if all else fails.

I tried the primal beef for one month but didn't like it much.  It is ground very fine and has a pasty consistency.  It is totally missing the bone chips, connective tissue, and chewy bits that are in the pet food.  It also tastes very bland in comparison to the pet food.  I'm sure primal beef is a fine product but I prefer the roadkill aspect of the pet food.

My point in mentioning all the little niggly things with eyesight, BPH, UTI' & etc was to make it very clear to readers of this journal that ZC is not the is all, be all, end all, cure for everything that ails you.  It has helped tremendously with most of my issues but like everything else associated with us mere mortals here on planet earth, it is by no stretch of the imagination, perfect.

Danny Roddy has suggested that I expand my tests to include thyroid hormones, some stressor hormones, CO2, and lactic acid.  I'll probably start here and see what the tests look like before doing much else.  Will report results and my thoughts here as usual.

In the mean time, I'm still here and enjoying life, so don't go out and hire the professional mourners just yet.

Lex
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:00:37 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1457 on: February 05, 2012, 07:27:58 pm »
Given my own negative experience re RZC, I think it's a good idea if RZCers check their glandular activity(thyroid/adrenal etc.) every now and then.

As regards, the prostate issue, cooked animal fats have been regularly linked to prostate cancer:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8105097

Plus, I should add that I often get "allergic" reactions after eating cooked foods, especially cooked animal foods. These usually involve lots of mucus/snot coming out of my nose, and, sometimes, my throat. It's just detox, not allergy.

So removing rendered fat/cooked fat from your diet might be beneficial re the above.

You mentioned previously that you gained weight if you increased the proportion of fat in your diet. Perhaps if you reduced the percentage of fat in your ZC diet, you would regain a lower weight?  That said, I already have discovered data which suggests that women, in particular, benefit from increased fat-layers after menopause - perhaps men also benefit therefrom in old age?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:34 pm »
The problem with Phil's time frame is that stuff like the prostate problem was preexisting and has slowly gotten worse over the last 10 years to the point that I finally had to up the meds.
Yes, I knew that. I wasn't trying to give the impression that your history didn't extend back any further. I was focusing on the recent worsenings that you reported and noticed that they pre-dated the drought, so the drought doesn't seem a likely cause of most of the worsenings if they did start worsening 18-24 months ago like you reported.

I also pointed out that my eyesight was at +2.5 when I started this adventure 6+ years ago.  It then dropped a bit too +1.75 and has slowly climbed back up to +2.75.  From where I started this is only a +0.25 overall gain from the initial starting point in 6 years, again rather amazing from the eye docs perspective.
Yup, and maybe the relapse is just natural progression, but then again maybe not.

The UTI's have been with me for about 30 years (I started getting them in the 1980's) and usually rear their ugly heads every 2-5 years.  Neither the frequency of infection nor the intensity of the infections has changed much since I went to ZC.  In other words, ZC has had no measurable effect.
Yes, thanks for being honest about ZC not being the end-all and be-all as some folks at ZIOH seem to claim.

I wouldn't dismiss all hope of any improvement or the possibility that there might be other therapies beyond ZC and increased water intake. Consider that my chronic UTI's, chronic kidney stones and too-dark urine had been with me for 11 years. When I asked a urologist if diet might have anything to do with it, he got angry and nearly shouted that it had nothing at all to do with and that the only treatments were antibiotics and water and he said that it was likely that I would have recurrences of kidney stones throughout the rest of my life. After months of those treatments not helping much, I decided to search for other possible therapies and eventually came across gluten-free/casein-free diets and eventually Paleo diets. Cutting out gluten cleared up my urine within weeks and going Paleo and then raw Paleo helped more and I haven't had a UTI or kidney stone issue in the 11 years since eliminating gluten. If I had not questioned the urologist's opinion I likely would still suffer from chronic UTIs and kidney stones to this day. You've already eliminated gluten and eat Paleo and eat plenty of raw meats/organs, but perhaps there are other changes you could make or therapies you could try that might provide some benefit for you. It's at least theoretically plausible that you aren't quite doing currently what works best for you and you have said in the past that when ZC stops working for you, you'll consider change.

If you remember, I had purposely decreased my water intake to help reduce the frequency of urination from the BPH.  This reduction in water intake happened to coinside with my starting ZC and I assume the acid urine (5.0-5.5 ph) created by ZC was a contributor but not the total cause for the stones.  I upped the fluid intake back to normal and have had no further problems other than having to use the bathroom a bit more often throughout the day.
Yes, I already noted in your history that you upped your water intake. In my case, increasing water intake was not enough and that may not be the only available therapeutic option.

The only real new issues are the slow weight gain and the minor allergy symptoms.
Right, and issues that aren't improving or even are worsening are also of potential interest, so it was wise that you reported them to give a fuller picture.

The whole point of eating paleo is that we shouldn't have to diet to maintain our weight as the paleo lifestyle should take care of that for us.  All we should have to do is eat until we are satisfied - at least that is the theory.  The question now is, "is the theory correct?"
In my and other peoples' cases it appears to be. The question is, why isn't it true in your case? To figure that out, it seems that one area of potential explanation would be what are you doing differently from people for whom the theory appears to hold true, such as other  raw and cooked Paleo dieters, Stone Agers and hunter gatherers who don't/didn't appear to have much in the way of problems with chronic body fat gain, chronic allergy symptoms and so forth.

The only thing that really stands out might be the rendered fat as I've only been using this consistently for about 2 years.  Before that it was raw fat that I ordered monthly with the meat and ground and added myself.  I may go back to this and see if the problem clears up.
Yes, I knew that was relatively recent, which is why I mentioned it.  Like I said, that would probably be the first thing I would try, because it is a clear change you've made, it's relatively easy to change back, it's something you've done before and don't seem to mind doing, and it would put you on the same footing with most of the rest of us and thus better enable comparisons.

It might also be the Texas drought, and over that I have no control.
Have the symptoms worsened during the last 24 months (during the drought)? Trying a different meat source is another option.

My point in mentioning all the little niggly things with eyesight, BPH, UTI' & etc was to make it very clear to readers of this journal that ZC is not the is all, be all, end all, cure for everything that ails you.
Of course, but I used to assume that I was stuck with my chronic UTI's, kidney stones, allergies, worsening myopia and night vision, and other problems for the rest of my life and that it was all just a normal part of aging, but I eventually learned otherwise, so it may not pay to dismiss too quickly the possibility of improvement.

Danny Roddy has suggested that I expand my tests to include thyroid hormones, some stressor hormones, CO2, and lactic acid.  I'll probably start here and see what the tests look like before doing much else.  Will report results and my thoughts here as usual.
It can't hurt.

In the mean time, I'm still here and enjoying life, so don't go out and hire the professional mourners just yet.
Too late, already done.  ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 06, 2012, 02:32:19 am »
Well I may have found the source of the runny nose/congestion problem.  My dad died of a blood clot and at my annual medical checkup in the summer of 2010 my doctor suggested that, due to this family history, I add a tablet of aspirin to my daily regimen.   Seemed harmless enough so I went ahead and did this.  This wasn’t  a medication to treat a current disease, but was more a preventive measure to reduce the risk of clotting and suffering the same fate as my father.  Since there was no pathology present, and nothing that seemed remotely related to diet, I didn’t report this in my journal.

In researching this runny nose problem I put everything on the suspect list – including this aspirin.  Just ran across this link this morning. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin-induced_asthma

It describes my symptoms almost perfectly, and my onset of symptoms seems to co-inside very closely with starting the aspirin regimen, at least as best as memory serves.

I didn’t take my daily dose this morning and will discontinue taking aspirin from this point forward.  I understand that it can take several days for aspirin to clear from the blood stream so we’ll see how things look in a week or so.  Let’s hope this does the trick.

Lex

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:31 am »
Lex - it is only because we all have taken such a great interest in your journal and your progress that we show you so much concern. Just think of it as having many people that love you - maybe kind of like a celebrity does.  ;)

It's so funny to me that people that can be so careful about their health in so many ways will take drugs and not consider them to be drugs with serious side-affects. Aspirin has been linked to some nasty side-affects including internal bleeding of the stomach. Taking a drug to prevent things is a very strange way of looking at the world. Some women have their breasts cut off because breast cancer runs in their family even when they don't have cancer.

So glad you could figure that one out! Are there any other drugs you are taking that you didn't mention?

Phil - I like the way you are approaching things. So much of what we accept as aging or common discomforts don't have to be endured. Just because one is in better shape than most people in the same age bracket  - that doesn't mean that eyes have to go bad, weakness set in, bones get brittle ... on and on. Diabetes and heart disease are also considered a sign of aging in this country. My horrible UTI's went away when I changed my diet too.

Not wanting you to have to suffer anything that might be able to be changed no matter how minor Lex I hope you don't mind if we continue to offer well-intentioned ideas and thoughts for you?

With this in mind I'd like to ask you if are you still going out for your walks with little clothing on every day? Allergy symptoms in my husband when Cherimoya suggested he take vitamin D were dramatically reduced for him. If you stopped your walk that might have affects too.... or maybe just because it's winter. Do they check your vitamin D levels at your doctor visits?

The only reason I asked about the primal is because it does not include all the organs and that could have had an effect but you ate that such a short time that couldn't have had much of an effect. When you started to render however seems to correlate to some things right? That seems like another easy thing to experiment with.

Who needs doctors when you have all of us nurses and witch doctors looking out for you.  ;D

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2012, 05:41:18 am »
Most physicians tell their patients that increasingly painful and immobile joints is a natural or even inevitable part of aging. This 80 year old monk suggests otherwise:
80 year old shaolin monk doing gymnastics at the 2009 TCAAT Wushu tournament.
Granted, it takes lots of practice to do what he does, but it shows what the human body is capable of.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 06, 2012, 06:04:35 am »
Dorothy - I'm not cheering yet.  We'll see what happens over the next few days and weeks, but the aspirin seems to be the likely candidate at this point.  As for the internal bleeding, like everything else, this seems to be a bit overstated.  Yes, aspirin does thin and slow down the clotting of blood and that was the reason for taking it. Howevever, if you read the studies about internal beeding the test subjects were given huge doses of aspirin - like a dozen or up to 100 tablets a day.  I had a friend where I worked that ended up with uncontrolled bleeding attributed to NSAIDs.  He ended up in the hospital emergency room and almost died.  When I questioned him about how much he was taking it ended up to be 25, 500mg tablets per day, and he had been doing that for months.  That's 12 grams per day or 4 full tablespoon or 1/4 cup.  Now that's a lot of aspirin and a far cry from the single 325mg tablet I have been taking each day.

Aspirin is the only medication/supplement other than Doxasozin that I have been taking.  There are a few gurus out there that think aspirin is a wonderful addition to their daily regimen.  It looks like this will not be the case for me, but only time will tell the full story.

Yes, I still try to get 30 min to 1 hr of full body sun exposure at leat 5 days per week.  A little harder in the winter months but I've come to enjoy the quite time.  It takes me away from other activites that require more concentration and allows me time to let my mind wonder and think things through.  As a plus, I might even be getting some Vitamin D in the process.

Lex

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 06, 2012, 07:34:23 am »
I think I've read some different studies than you have about aspirin Lex - but I'd be hard pressed to find them (not enough motivation right now and it would take time). My Mom was hospitalized three times from trying low doses of NSAIDs for her arthritis - once almost bled to death internally. A change in diet took away her pain later. Low doses don't effect everyone the same. I'm really glad that you (holding my breath) were able to find the culprit.

In case anyone else is taking aspirin - there is such a nice alternative to aspirin. White willow herb is what aspirin is derived from. It has none of the side-affects and has lots of other good affects including fighting off cancerous cells with still having the blood thinning ability. There are also lots of other great foods that naturally thin the blood. Check it out.

I think your doctor wasn't seeing the whole picture Lex. If you have never had arteriosclerosis, all your lipid tests are fine and your tests for the viscosity of your blood are fine - why take anything or worry about it? You don't eat like the average American so your pancreas is probably going to keep on making the enzymes that keep the blood the right consistency. Why should you have to take preventatives for the diseases that the average American will get when you're not an average American? Also, because you are eating such a clean diet any drug might have more or different affects on you.

Drugs don't affect me like other people I think because of my diet. I have to be very careful.

Phil - I loved that video - except that darn CHAIR!  l)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #1464 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »
Low doses don't effect everyone the same. I'm really glad that you (holding my breath) were able to find the culprit.

In case anyone else is taking aspirin - there is such a nice alternative to aspirin. White willow herb is what aspirin is derived from. It has none of the side-affects and has lots of other good affects including fighting off cancerous cells with still having the blood thinning ability. There are also lots of other great foods that naturally thin the blood.

Lex, I second what Dorothy wrote. I respect that you've had bad experiences with herbs, but they wanted me on vioxx and low dose aspirin. I didn't need that with my kidneys and heart.  I took my trusty feverfew, white willow and other natural supplement anti-inflammatories and they gave me no problem. I assume they would work on a raw meat and or zero carb diet too, but I have not tried that.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »
Dorothy and RawZi,
At this point I think I'm a bit gun shy so will avoid the herbal repalcements for aspirin as well.  The active components in willow bark are the same as for aspirin just in lower doses.  If I'm sensitive to these things then why tempt the fate of the Gods, I'll just avoid them all together unless and until they are actually needed.

Lex 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1466 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:41 pm »
People here are being diplomatic about western pharmaceutical drugs and docs.

I consider most of them here in my country to be the devil incarnate.
Why in my healing experience I have to save people from the western pharma drugs and surgery insanity.
(Most of the time making things worse and actually being the cause of hastened death.)
I've got a great team / network of real healers here in my country.

Just saying out of true concern for you, Lex.  I think whatever form of raw paleo diet you choose will always be sabotaged by drugs.

24 hour emergency room is all they're good for. (in the absence of anything else)

Aspirin is probably the worst thing people will ever take when they have Dengue Fever and suspect it's just a regular headache.  People bleed to death because of aspirin.

In the order of healing I go with:

Food (you'll need to eat more items than your zero carb mono meals)
Electrical, Energy healing
Herbs
... (absolutely last, probably if I'm not around to heal my family...)
Drugs

----------
We have other healers:

- Anthroposophic / Homeopathic / Western Med
- Traditional Chinese Medicine / Holistic / Acupuncture
- Chiropractor / Paleo Diet practitioner and health coach
- Energy, Electrical, healer
- Holistic Home Grown, Live in Healer
- Mystical Healers

Etc etc.
You may wish to get many opinions from other disciplines, other points of views.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:44:45 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 07, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »
Dorothy and RawZi,
At this point I think I'm a bit gun shy so will avoid the herbal repalcements for aspirin as well.  The active components in willow bark are the same as for aspirin just in lower doses.  If I'm sensitive to these things then why tempt the fate of the Gods, I'll just avoid them all together unless and until they are actually needed.

Lex 

Lex - I think that is a wise choice. Again - why take something as a preventative - even an herb?

For others though that might not be using aspirin as a preventative - the thing about herbs is that they often have other active ingredients that counter-act any side-affects. When you take only one thing out of the herb and reproduce just that one thing chemically and put the chemical in a pill like big pharma does you often lose a great deal of complexity and healing aspects of the plant.

RawZi - nice - using the plants and foods of nature to feed and heal. :D

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 08, 2012, 02:12:52 am »
Well, the runny nose, sinus, and sneezing issue does seem to be directly correlated to the aspirin.  After stopping the aspirin for 2 full days the constant runny nose has reduced by about 75%, the sneezing has gone to 2 to 3 times per day instead of every hour or two, and the stuffy sinus has cleared.  Each day it has gotten better.  I expect I'll have some of this lingering for several weeks or months as my body clears out remnants that are stored in fat and other areas.

It appears that this was not related to diet so I'll continue on continuing on with what I have been doing as it has worked well for most other issues.  I do plan to get the hormone tests that Danny Roddy recommends and will report them here.  I want to give my body a couple of weeks to recover from the major part of the aspirin fiasco and then will submit the tests.  The tests are not cheap as the cost for the whole battery of tests is right around $1,000.  It will be interesting to see what they reveal.

Lex

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:14:43 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1469 on: February 08, 2012, 05:18:34 am »
Hi Lex, since you are in testing mode, how about considering this omega 3 test?

www.omega3test.com with 50% discount using offer code "slanker"

Interesting interview at http://www.oneradionetwork.com/diet-and-nutrition/ted-slanker-grassfed-meat-the-natural-foundation-for-the-perfect-diet-january-16-2012/

at 21:00 minutes Mr. Slanker mentioned this offer.

You need a ratio below 4:1 (omega 6 : omega 3)

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: February 08, 2012, 08:01:59 am »
Well, the runny nose, sinus, and sneezing issue does seem to be directly correlated to the aspirin.
Interesting, thanks for the report, Lex. Coincidentally, I listened to a radio interview of Ray Audette on Youtube last night in which Ray reported that when he takes a capsule/tablet with some corn starch in it, that tiny bit of corn starch gives him symptoms, which suggests that the symptom trigger for you could be either the filler or the active ingredient in the aspirin.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 08, 2012, 11:38:00 am »
GS,
I'll see if the test can be included in the battery I'm considering at a reasonable cost.   The website link you provided wants $175+ for the test and as it is the labs for the hormone tests will run about $1,000.  I'm not sure I want to add another 20% to the cost and have to deal with another lab as well, but I'll look into it.

I don't know that I "need" a ratio below 4:1.  As far as I know, no one knows what the optimal blood ratio for Omega3 vs Omega6 should be.  The experts can't even agree on the ratio of free fatty acids (of any kind) to triglycerides, or the ratio of lipids to glucose.  How could they possibly provide any meaningful information on the ratio of the different fatty acids?  And what are the direct measurable consequences of a fatty acid ratio higher than 4:1?, or lower for that matter.    I don't think anyone knows.

This is true for all the hormone tests as well.  All of these things are either someones guess or an average of the "normal" population.  The supposed acceptable values also vary widely depending on what guru or medical expert is recommending them.  The view of the medical profession is often at odds with the Natural Healers.  The Natural Healers often don't agree amongst themselves, but usually insist the medical profession is wrong regardless of what it believes. 

The best I can do is eat in a way that seems reasonable to me, and then make my lab results available to those who are interested.   Each person will have to decide for themselves if the numbers provide any value or useful insight.  I, for one, never make changes based solely on lab results unless there is clear pathology present.  And therein lies the rub.  Which expert's definition of pathology for any given lab result is correct?   One thing I know for sure is that I don't know for sure - unless there is an obvious infection - and then the arguments begin all over again about treatment. 

We live in interesting times....

Lex
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:58:09 am by lex_rooker »

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 08, 2012, 11:43:17 am »
which suggests that the symptom trigger for you could be either the filler or the active ingredient in the aspirin.

Makes no difference to me which one it is.  I've stopped taking the darn things.

Lex

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 08, 2012, 11:57:03 am »
Understandable, just an interesting coincidence. I would do the same in your place, not that that should add any confidence to your chosen course of action.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 08, 2012, 12:02:30 pm »
I would do the same in your place, not that that should add any confidence to your chosen course of action.

Phil, your input is always well reasoned and welcomed.

Lex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk