Author Topic: Fructose  (Read 73704 times)

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Fructose
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2012, 04:07:36 am »
This interview had good information about fructose and effect on humans. I couldn't believe that I actually listened to the entire thing. It was worth it though. ;)

8:00... HFCS and refined sugar lack Vitamins. Vitamins are needed for the metabolism of fructose. So fruit is perfectly OK, well ripe fruit.

I would clarify not to eat fruit when digesting meat and vice versa.

Whats with the scare tactics?

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »
I have a fructose malabsorption (intolerance). BUT I can eat some natural fruits. Just not a whole lot. But it is true, fruits contain far less fructose than many other things.
HFCS gets me sick instantly.

I am not on a fruit diet or anything btw.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline danman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2012, 04:58:06 am »
Wow all this sounds too complicated for me. I'm looking towards eventually lifting weights again hopefully if this raw diet can get me healthy agaon. does anyone have any good recommendations and/or articles to read? I love fruit, I've just heard a lot of bad things about it like it's effects on insulin, HGH, nervous system, etc.. Is it pretty much necessary if I'm going to be lifting weights on a raw meat/fat diet?
Daniel from lewis-diet.com

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2012, 05:49:19 am »
High Fructose Corn Syrup or HFCS should never be compared with real fruits.  Hfcs comes from gmo corn.  And goes through some secret usa processing.  It's in the movie King Corn.

Me and my family consume a good amount of real fruits local and in season and more likely organic via primitive farming methods.  Fruits are very nourishing and very hydrating and bring joy to our lives.

There is such a thing as overdosing on sweet fruit and any sane person can point it out.  For example my wife has candida issues with dandruff / scalp eczema and me and my mother in law point out that it may be linked with her voracious appetite for rambutan.  I would buy 1 to 2 kilos at a time for the family.  But she would buy 10 kilos at a time and finish the rambutan in 2 days with her 3 kids.  I find that obscene fruit sweet addiction.  Good thing the season is a short 2 months of every year.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:56:28 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 05:02:36 am »
Since changing my diet I have been able to eat (not that I do all the time) even larger amounts of fruit, and I am supposed to be Fructose Intolerant, or rather hae a Fructose Malabsorption. I wonder why that is?
Before I could only eat small amounts without problems.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:39 am »
Since changing my diet I have been able to eat (not that I do all the time) even larger amounts of fruit, and I am supposed to be Fructose Intolerant, or rather hae a Fructose Malabsorption. I wonder why that is?
Before I could only eat small amounts without problems.

Paleophil regained his ability to eat fruit without problems by eating fermented raw honey.  Maybe it's the fermenting microbes in the honey that did that.

What kind of symptoms were you having?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31:12 am »
Yes, I suspect that gut dysbiosis and imbalanced microbiota has much to do with this, and that we need our little micro-friends to optimally digest the fructose-rich treats of nature. Wild animals and hunter-gatherers have these little friends in abundance. We moderners tend to be deficient. Certain nutrients that moderners tend to be deficient in, such as zinc and minerals, also help.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 08:47:00 am »
Yes, I suspect that gut dysbiosis and imbalanced microbiota has much to do with this, and that we need our little micro-friends to optimally digest the fructose-rich treats of nature. Wild animals and hunter-gatherers have these little friends in abundance. We moderners tend to be deficient. Certain nutrients that moderners tend to be deficient in, such as zinc and minerals, also help.

I've often wondered if RPDers who need low Carb are Carb intolerant because of microbial overgrowth / microbial toxins. After all most RPDrs here eat seaweed, which is high in polysacharides. A complex Carb structure similar to those in grains, beans, potatoes, etc.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 05:46:11 am »
Paleophil regained his ability to eat fruit without problems by eating fermented raw honey.  Maybe it's the fermenting microbes in the honey that did that.

What kind of symptoms were you having?

Usually a stomach ache (intestines), and if I really overdid it, I would get bad cramps and diarrhea. I usually knew when to stop, because I felt the effects almost instantly.
Been eating a lot of honey, but not fermented honey.

Maybe grains and such caused me to be unable to absorb it somehow?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:12 am »
BTW, I still can't consume moderate to big amounts of certain fruits at one time without symptoms, so I'm still more sensitive than most to fruits and other carbs, but they are less of a problem for me.

I've often wondered if RPDers who need low Carb are Carb intolerant because of microbial overgrowth / microbial toxins.
And perhaps undergrowth of beneficial microbes, damage to the brush border of the intestines and other factors.

Maybe grains and such caused me to be unable to absorb it somehow?
Grains can not only promote microbiotic imbalance in the gut, but also cause damage to the lining of the entire GI tube by triggering an autoimmune response to that tissue, which contains proteins very similar to certain proteins in grains, influenza viruses and pathogenic bacteria (see the work of Loren Cordain). It's not surprising, since these proteins in grains are designed to destroy the intestines of insects that might otherwise feed on the grains.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:35:58 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:16 am »
I heard about the damage to the GI tract, but that is also very interesting what you say about the insects!
I know doctors will say that people with celiac "disease" will suffer this kind of damage, but no one knows it happens to all of us.
I had to hold back a laugh when someone told me with a sad face that there is no cure for my disease (I tell strangers I'm celiac to avoid questions)

I haven't eaten very large amounts, but a bowl of grapes, one apple and one banana are no problem for example.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2013, 10:17:06 am »
By cure they may mean "able to eat plenty of gluten grains again," as eating so-called "heart-healthy whole grains" is regarded as "normal" and "healthy."

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »
Yeah, it is a blessing, not a disease. Your body actually tells you whats bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk