Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138687 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »
I think Sully may have concerned about all the polluted streams and rivers the fish had lived in before he caught it. 

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2013, 10:07:24 pm »
Salmon soon become extinct in polluted rivers. Also, why should cooking the animal eliminate concerns about the animal having been exposed to pollution?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »
lol at the sperm!  I ran into some rednecks who had just pulled about 4 salmon that size or bigger out of the Rouge River.  I sat and talked with them while they cleaned the fish and they offered me the best tail portion!  They also played a joke on me and made me smell  the sperm sack, lolol!!!!!!!! We had many laughs that day.  The fresh meat was GREAT! but not salty Inger, I think they spawn in fresh water only.  Too bad you didn't get a female Sully! those rednecks had SO MUCH SALMON ROE, and they horded it for use as bait, what a shame!

heres a photo of the fish and the river it came out of, plastic bag provided by rednecks, not my own :D

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2013, 02:29:27 am »
Salmon soon become extinct in polluted rivers. Also, why should cooking the animal eliminate concerns about the animal having been exposed to pollution?

They can become so sickly that parasites take over. 

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »
That's a great salmon! looks like 30+ pounds easily! Such a paleo catch... bare hands. Why did you cook it? Raw salmon is probably my favorite raw food.
Yeah was a heavy one! I cooked it mainly just cause I never had fresh water river salmon, from what I think is a polluted river. I dont know if they are planted in lake Michigan by humans or natural. The meat was white when raw (very pale), not even pink or orange/red etc.
You cooked the entire salmon?

Didn't you at least eat part of the salmon raw so you could relay to us how the wild salmon tasted?

I've always been wondering...
No unfortunately I didn't try any raw. Just washed it and let it sit over night in the fridge. I imagine this fish is nothing compared to truly wild salmon swimming in from oceans.
lol at the sperm!  I ran into some rednecks who had just pulled about 4 salmon that size or bigger out of the Rouge River.  I sat and talked with them while they cleaned the fish and they offered me the best tail portion!  They also played a joke on me and made me smell  the sperm sack, lolol!!!!!!!! We had many laughs that day.  The fresh meat was GREAT! but not salty Inger, I think they spawn in fresh water only.  Too bad you didn't get a female Sully! those rednecks had SO MUCH SALMON ROE, and they horded it for use as bait, what a shame!

heres a photo of the fish and the river it came out of, plastic bag provided by rednecks, not my own :D

Ah nice! Yes I would Have preferred a female for sure! Its nice meeting new people and exploring wild foods. Sounds like you had a great time too! haha
  They can become so sickly that parasites take over. 
I think I agree with this. When I fileted the salmon and the meat was very pale. I just cooked it. Something from Alaska I would most definitely would have eaten it all raw. But if I was near those streams....I'd be armed with a  shot gun, no brown/grizzly bear is going to get me!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »
Amazing...!!!! Beautiful pictures. <3

I bet it would have been tastier raw though... ;) Especially with some fresh lemon juice and sea salt...mmm.. Salmon is something I never cook, way more delicious uncooked. Wild salmon taste close to farmed, but better..lol A little less fatty for sure. I have had wild salmon fresh and raw many times. Yum!
I don't know, this is a different kind of salmon. I trust wild Alaskan salmon with a strong orange flesh raw, more than this one I caught. The flesh appeared to be way too pale. It was good, but I wonder about the flesh. Maybe it was the breed after looking at this article. http://chezalaska.com/blog/?p=371 Let me know what you guys think, I will get more photos of the meat etc up soon!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2013, 10:54:06 pm »
Some of the "lesser" kinds of salmon are more closely related to trout, in Colorado we have Kokanee salmon that are smaller, paler flesh and a bit more slimy and trouty, but still delicious.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2014, 02:11:16 am »
Hello everyone I have an experiment to undergo. I am 174.5lbs this morning without any food. I have my last Amateur fight (ammy fights are ridiculous, no pads, same as pro besides no leg locks and no knees or elbows to the head, gloves are 6oz instead of 4oz they made me do 5 in order to go pro, even though I had ammy pancrase and kickboxing, state of Wisconsin is money hungry and makes people pay to fight for free!)

MMA fight is on April 19th. But there is one problem, I am suppose to be 155lbs. I asked for a catch-weight, they are going to give me 160lbs. Still a big jump. The weigh in is on the April 18th.

What I have been eating? Mixture of cooked and raw paleo pretty much. Not very strict, some salts and sauces. Paleo pizzas etc. I hate labeling my diet, but hey, we need a name for what we do.

What will I eat to make weight?

1lb raw grass fed beef a day. 2 cups of fruit. 1/2 cup of nuts. All raw no salts (salt retains water) or seasonings. Hope this works.

Today is day one. 13 days including today. I will post a video and photos in the time to come. Probably after the fight. Or I will be too fat to fight. I will let you guys know haha.

My goal through MMA? To express that martial arts is a means to keep peace. Not senseless violence. And never celebrate after a win, always show respect.
Say positive everyone!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:49 am »
Good luck, Sully. What are you going to use as your intro tune?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:32 am »
Thanks Phil! Hmm, I have 2 options I really like
This one
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/samurai-remix-masters-at-work/04-dub-spirit.mp3

or this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uawQaMsfpgQ

Oh btw everyone, the raw nuts really help me move my bowels. I like sequential eating. But I will eat the fruit after the meat. I like to do that, when I am really hungry I like the meat first cause its what I crave. As long as its not too much fruit.

So in this order, 1lb raw meat (maybe a little more early on, I won't restrict my raw grass fed meats early on). I'd say 1-2lbs, will go on hunger, then 2 cups fruit, 1/2 nuts. If weight is good the second weak. I wont bring the meat down to 1lb if I dont have too
Since I am not eating too many organs or brains cause of availability. the fruit will be my organs and the nuts will be my brains.

Lmk what you think of the songs Phil!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:35 am »
Genki Sudo made the second song. He used to compete in mma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8tMzHubgs

Now he has a musical entertainment group called World Order

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2014, 03:40:36 am »
The first song seems more in tune with aggressive American MMA style, FWIW.

I was kind of hoping that you'd use that Celto-Berber song I linked to, though it has a drawn out opening that would have to be edited somehow.

Mugar - Scottish Mezwed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A223ZzjFXBU

Genki Sudo's philosophy of "We are all one" is a common way to translate a Lakota greeting, mitakuye oyasin.

We Are All One - A Short Film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-EWIp1IPmM

Do you like the Yoshida Brothers' music?

Rising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_CzD0GBD-4

Kodo (Inside the Sun Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjvzuPnmRU
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:18:13 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2014, 04:25:21 am »
Oh nice, I like when it kicks in at the end. I would like to use that one for sure. Yeah the first one is a remix from a video game, I like the beginning. It gets me pumped, but can come off as cocky.

I really like that short film, very beautiful. So you heard of Genki Sudo? Yeah he said we are all one, even when competing. Cause without an opponent, what is there to express? You know. Were all connected.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2014, 04:26:33 am »
Nah, hadn't heard of him, but that quote came up on the first Google search I did. His costumes and performances were pretty cool and outlandish. Do you know where he got the saying from?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2014, 04:28:02 am »
I think I heard the second song of the Yoshida brothers. Or at least the instrument is very similar. I do like the music a lot, its very unique. I like songs that have a genre of no genre haha. Ones hard to categorize.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2014, 04:31:17 am »
I don't know where he got it from. But I think he had some influence from Native americans. Even some of his tattoos. He also studies Buddhism I believe.
He talks a little about his philosophy in this documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqQTR_koCg

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2014, 07:39:16 am »
Editing a website for a local grass fed beef farm here in Wisconsin. Check it out! Still some more touching up to do though. Best Grass fed beef I ever had in Wisconsin Hands down. http://ferligrassfedbeef.weebly.com/

Update on fight, doing a cooked and raw zero carb. Besides a little fresh salad or veggies. Carbs seem to retain water. Im 167lbs in the morning today. Will I make it to 160lbs by Friday night for the fight? I dont know haha. Have to move and family issues are making it hard to focus. But Im adapting like water baby! Stay positive everyone! ;-)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
Fight was cancelled, long story. BUt good news, got the pro fight I wanted. Rules restricted a bit, but at least knees and elbows to the head. Watch the trailer ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23W8UyWzYzQ

Fight is in August

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2014, 02:13:26 am »
Everyone I am confused ot what I have posted and not posted haha. Been very busy. But I am going to make regular videos about the raw paleo diet. High quality video, and good editing. Make things presentable.

I want your guys opinion though. Should I continue to make raw paleo diet videos on my regular youtube account? (which just has martial arts and raw paleo diet videos etc). Or make a whole new channel, just for raw paleo videos. I also made a playlist on my regular account. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZxPRWsfjHy5rHdcZkoJ_xY_h1FB6mlWG

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2014, 02:30:31 am »
The other thing is, I don't want to label my diet as the raw paleo diet, you know? All the foods I am eating are on the paleo diet, both cooked and raw. But I just don't want to preach about something that may just only work for me. Or who knows, maybe it's not working for me. I don't know whats going on inside my body. I just basically have skin and energy levels as a gauge for how healthy I am eating. Which works very well. We all know how some of us preached about the vegan diet and here we are eating raw meat haha. Obviously there's a reason why we continue to eat paleo foods. So yes it is different....
I feel like I am rambling... haha But I am sure some of you have had similar thoughts. Like what Bruce Said, when there is a way, there lies your limitation. It's more about daily decrease than increase. Hacking away at unessential elements.

But anyway, Bruce Lee did develop Jeet Kune Do. Which is not a style, but a concept. Which is meant to evolve and change for the better. We all need to start somewhere when seeking help. Whether its martial arts or diet. That's how I like to look at Paleo or Raw Paleo though. Like a concept instead of a fad diet. Where one can adapt to they're own individual needs. Diet is simply what you eat, but we know how some people, even myself at times, speak of a diet like the gospel truth.

What do you guys feel about this? Should I post this in hot topics? AM I thinking too much? haha
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:37:24 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2014, 02:34:16 am »
I obviously don't say all this when someone asks me what I eat. It's so easy to say the paleo diet or raw paleo diet hahahahaha :D

My exact words "I do something similar to the raw paleo diet"
I am starting to do that with martial arts, "I do something similar to Jeet Kune Do"
I mean how else do you explain to the average person in a brief conversation
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:07:27 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2014, 02:46:41 am »
This is the description on my playlist for food/diet etc.

"Videos on my (Suleiman Abu Qdairi) diet. I tried vegan and raw vegan in the past. I now do something similar to the paleo and raw paleo diet. Never limit yourself, eat natural and keep growing and learning. I don't really want to label my diet, but I have to call it something to help show what I learn."

I just think it's wise for us to have this forum and website of course, but to also communicate, limitless growth. From seeing everyone's point of view, Lex Rooker, Tyler, some other zero carbers, Edwin, Instinctos like Iguana etc etc. It's really helped me take a little from everyone. And to grow even more.

Some will hold to tradition, while others will question. But truth to the saying, "if it's not broke, don't fix it"

OK everyone I better get back to training! So sidetracked haha life, earth and universe filled with knowledge. Maybe that's why we don't live forever, besides over population. There is just too much for our tiny brains to grasp.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:08:09 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2014, 01:17:12 pm »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:37 pm »
Great stuff Sully  :)  :)  :)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »
Great stuff Sully  :)  :)  :)
Thanks Inger, I really like your videos too. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk