Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138679 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2010, 03:45:12 am »
yeah, I imagine you don't need much force, because a arrow is so thin and arrow dynamic

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2010, 11:36:37 am »
seems like i am for sure going hunting, hopefully i will be eating deer in the near future!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2010, 10:46:12 am »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2010, 01:41:03 pm »
this can go in any topic, exercsie, off topic, raw paleo (wild grapes), nature etc., so i will just put it here, i am havig too much fun with my new camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-7m78x2P5Q

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »
Hi, sweetheart! You are so special. :)  I love your latest vid. I love the editing, soundtrack, sound effects, cinematography - and bird in the water! Your videos also make me laugh - not that-is-hilarious or you-are-ridiculous laugh... more like, you and your videos are beautiful and heartwarming and inspiring, I have to laugh - it's joy and admiration. And appreciation. :)

I have a few questions, Sully. I'm sorry if you already mentioned it earlier in your journal... there is so much going on on the forum, I'll never catch up, etc. What kind of camera do you use? What editing program do you use? Did you study any particular tutorials (for editing) or did you just do it and teach yourself as you went along?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »
I thought you were gonna stomp that bird! heh
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2010, 01:41:10 am »
Hi, sweetheart! You are so special. :)  I love your latest vid. I love the editing, soundtrack, sound effects, cinematography - and bird in the water! Your videos also make me laugh - not that-is-hilarious or you-are-ridiculous laugh... more like, you and your videos are beautiful and heartwarming and inspiring, I have to laugh - it's joy and admiration. And appreciation. :)

I have a few questions, Sully. I'm sorry if you already mentioned it earlier in your journal... there is so much going on on the forum, I'll never catch up, etc. What kind of camera do you use? What editing program do you use? Did you study any particular tutorials (for editing) or did you just do it and teach yourself as you went along?

Thanks Cinna!
I just bought a JVC internal hardrive video camera recently. It was like $240. I had some left over money from grants for school. :) No I ddn't stuy any turorials. I just taught myself as I went along, I started off in Windows Movie Maker, I like to use Adobe Premier, but I don't have it on my computer. Maybe I can make a living off of this. I really enjoy making movies, if I have artistic freedom of course.

@wdogina Haha, I actually did go down by him. That bird was unusually fat. I was going to try to catch him. He took off. I though he was flightless because he sat there when he saw me, while the other birds took off right away.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »
i agree with cinna. i think sully is just brilliant. he's beyond the school learning. but unfortunately, at this time, none of us can do anything easily without the paper from college.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2010, 10:10:34 am »
Tried raw goose heart, umm another shiny organ and some goose meat. Delicious. Dark red frsh meat. Don't ask how I got it. You don't want to know.......................................

haha jk

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2010, 12:06:14 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-7m78x2P5Q

Great video, bravo !

I don't think we need a diplom paper to do what we want, but for sure it will be a hard fight...
but if we love what we do, fight is not so troublesome.
If the school can helped to learn things, ok, but if I feel I go only for the diplom, I flees to learn by myself or in another school.
That's what I did for many years, following only my heart (I don't say to avoid difficulties or some contraints) and afterall I do just what I love, created my own work and it's great.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:11:28 am by Louna »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2010, 02:04:03 am »
I hid my Vivo Barefoot shoes in the woods once so I could do some barefoot running, like Sully did, and some asshole found them and threw them in the nearby stream. It worked out for the best, though, because they weren't harmed and while cleaning them I discovered that they contain a removable insert, to make them even more barefoot-like.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2010, 04:39:19 am »
I hid my Vivo Barefoot shoes in the woods once so I could do some barefoot running, like Sully did, and some asshole found them and threw them in the nearby stream.
LOL
Next time hide them very well!

Edit: Or in a tree is nice. Most people can't climb the tougher trees that I have to do a wall run to get too.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2010, 04:44:42 am »
Thanks louna!

I will finish this first semester at UWM, but I might transfer to MATC a 2 year program.

I actually might volunteer on a farm with yon yonson in Jan.
That would be the best option.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2010, 04:55:10 am »
LOL
Next time hide them very well!

Edit: Or in a tree is nice. Most people can't climb the tougher trees that I have to do a wall run to get too.
Yes, since then I take what I had thought would be unnecessary measures to hide them. I underestimated the vandalistic nature of today's American male youth. The smashed beer bottles and graffiti that scar the USA should have been a tipoff.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2010, 04:57:12 am »
Yes, since then I take what I had thought would be unnecessary measures to hide them. I underestimated the vandalistic nature of today's American male youth. The smashed beer bottles and graffiti that scar the USA should have been a tipoff.
Yeah, its risky. I my hide backpack sometimes too. No troubles yet, thankfully.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2010, 02:56:34 am »
Just got one question the wild rabbit you caught in the forest did you eat it raw?
Does it means that any animal I catch in wild I can eat raw? organs fat muscles all?
do you suggest next time I go to forest I should catch wild rabbit and it him raw lol  :D ??

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2011, 09:23:06 am »
Just got one question the wild rabbit you caught in the forest did you eat it raw?
Does it means that any animal I catch in wild I can eat raw? organs fat muscles all?
do you suggest next time I go to forest I should catch wild rabbit and it him raw lol  :D ??
Yeah I had some raw and cooked. I killed a few rabbits. Not in the forest, in my back yard. I made rabbit stew for my mom, she liked it.
Yep, all organs and such are edible raw. I like the eyes, heart, kidneys the most.

Yeah I def suggest hunting rabbits! Rabbits are masters at escaping. I used a pellet gun though. Goose are nice prey too, easy hunt even with bare hands.

I cut out where the bullet enters though.

Update: Headin to the store at midnight, going to get some lamb. Its worth fasting for. I will avoid the hummus ;) lol

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2011, 09:25:13 am »
@achillezzzz
BTW Sorry for the late reply. I don't check my journal often, I will do so more often. Sorry again friend ;)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2011, 07:25:28 am »
I had some grass fed beef, with some fatty lamb. The lamb is partially grass fed. but its my source of fat for now. I eat mainly the ground beef, its 90/10, I like more fat than that so I eat some lamb too.

My sister's dogs are on a raw meat diet. I have been dog sitting since the 29th of Dec. I give the dogs the bones from the lamb. They seem to need to chew on things like bones. or else tey will chew on wood or somthing. Their mouths are liek their our hands, they need to use them. imagine if you didn't use your hands all day.

Anyway, I have been eating some veggies and greens lately. I have a natural instinct to avoid dark greens with high calcium for some reason. I have collard greens, and I prefer cabbage. Cabbage is sweeter, but also lower in calcium by a significant amount. Also with brocoli, I don't like the dark green hairs (or lack of a better name) at the top. I just like the thick stem, the center is really tender and juicy.

Toodaloo O0

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2011, 10:50:54 am »
are your sister's dogs 100% carnivore then?  i agree about the bones. my dog gets bones from my farmer and the marrow bones from me to gnaw and she is in heaven!  i got my dad doing the same for his dog, except my dad doesn't eat marrow (he has no idea!) so the dog gets the whole thing!

are you a 1 x per day eater?  do you just separate your veg from meat by 20 min or so?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2011, 03:56:47 pm »
Yeah, well, one of them is. At least when I took care of them. I give them some cabbage and they like to nibble on that sometiomes. Thye don't like kale. They nibble on pine needles too from the christmas tree.

Yeah, I usually eat 1 meal at night. Sometimes I seperate meat and veggies sometimes not.

btw Raw cacao beans taste like shit. I am in Oregon with yon yonson. Were going to be working on agrass fed farm. We here to change the world!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:00 pm »
Had dried white mulberries, TASTE LIKE CAPTAIN CRUNCH!!!!!

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »
I am in Oregon with yon yonson. Were going to be working on agrass fed farm. We here to change the world!
Awesome. Good luck to you guys. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2011, 03:40:34 am »
Redited my reply to durianriders. Explained my view and my diet a little more. I don't really like to take part in these paleo vs vegan things but I wanted to revamp my reply to be more clear and show some of the stuff I eat. I still have my old verion on youtube, it's been getting some heat lol

New Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC_V9Qe7kAY

Old Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FQJaZwwUk

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2011, 05:42:19 am »
Interesting video. You look very fit and trim!!
The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

The Dhammapada

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk