Author Topic: Yuri recovery  (Read 229582 times)

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: how about hot water?
« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2010, 04:17:37 am »

you may want to try hot water esp. 1st thing in the am -- neither boiled or scalding, though

Thanks for the tip. I have heard it is good for the hypothalamus disorder.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:44:23 am by rawlion »
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri recovery
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2010, 05:30:20 am »
yuri i was wondering ,like you said that your health problems only began once you began alternative day fasting? so everything was good except at that point, i was thinking that maybe you ate something extremely toxic such as diseased kidneys where that gave you gut/stomach pains and maybe thats when your health problems started...

iv experienced gut pains with eating kidneys but no problem with liver and meat.....think back to the time when your problems started and maybe you will remember a moment when you ate some food that gave you stomach pains or maybe you began eating organs at that time period....its just so puzziling why everything would be allright for 4 months for you on the primal diet and then all of a sudden problems arise from alternative day fasting.

Your guess seems entirely reasonable to me. I have been thinking about it over and over again. It is true that I was taking a big risk with the kind of meats that I was eating. But so did 46 millions of Ukrainians except for the small amount of vegans/vegetarians. I clearly remember my breaking point. The only change that I did back then was elimination of dairy and introduction of intermitting fasting. Moreover now I know 5 other folks or so in the US who messed their endocrine system either via dieting or infrequent eating.

It wasn’t just good at that point, it was really PERFECT! I have a strong recollection of that period. It was a week in 2007, June 2-nd through 10-th, probably the healthiest week in my entire life. On those two weekends I was playing soccer with my mates. They looked static as compared to me. I was running and flying. My stamina and energy were really superb. I had an unbelievable level of physique. Also I have to mention that four-six weeks prior to that I had been feeling fantastic as well. Then a sudden and dramatic reversal occurred…

Here is an excerpt from my letter to a friend of mine:
“As I've already mentioned I was planning to start weight-loss plan. Last Monday was my first day in four months on the Primal Diet when I was able to not overload myself with raw food. I worked out for myself convenient regimen to effectively lose excess weight. I usually start eating at 6 p.m. and four hours onwards and consume moderate amounts of raw beef with practically no fat at all. Before I go to bed I may drink a cup of raw milk or self-made kefir... Today is just Friday (June 8, 2007) and I do feel the results already... But since I'm working actively from 7 a.m. I may sometimes feel myself light-headed or dizzy. This type of schedule is a transition or adjustment for me before I start one meal daily plan. Hope once and forever!”
You see, the problems begun rapidly. But I thought light-headedness and dizziness would go away as soon as I got used to the new regimen…
In about a week or so I switched to a high fat (150-300 g of marrow a day), moderate protein (1lb – 1.5 lb meat a day) low carb (two - four cups of berries daily) raw paleo diet eaten at one evening meal within two-four hours. It was getting worse slowly but surely until the kidney stones episode in early 2008 put an end to this craze.

Go figure now how to tune those naughty hormones up…
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:44:31 am by rawlion »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2010, 08:34:42 am »
....consume moderate amounts of raw beef with practically no fat at all. Before I go to bed I may drink a cup of raw milk or self-made kefir... Today is just Friday (June 8, 2007) and I do feel the results already... But since I'm working actively from 7 a.m. I may sometimes feel myself light-headed or dizzy. This type of schedule is a transition or adjustment for me before I start one meal daily plan. Hope once and forever!”
You see, the problems begun rapidly. ....
If that is representative, it sounds like that diet was overly high in protein and too low in fat.

Have you had any luck in finding a diet you do OK on?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

William

« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2010, 06:08:15 pm »
I usually start eating at 6 p.m. and four hours onwards and consume moderate amounts of raw beef with practically no fat at all.

An excess of anything is as good as a poison. Looks like you did protein poisoning.

I did something like that about 15 years ago, and for your amusement, here's what I did about it after consulting my complaining stomach:
In a black iron frying pan over a propane camping stove,
fry to limp 1/2 pound of the fattiest bacon; eat it
dump a can of pork and beans in the grease, heat to bubbling; eat that
install two eggs in pan, cook over easy; eat them
fry two pieces bread to soak up all remaning grease; devour them
make cup of strong black coffee. Enjoy.
Then pack up the camp, hop on motorcycle and ride 500 miles. Life was good.

This might kill me now, but then I was a biker, and tougher than bat snot.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

In about a week or so I switched to a high fat (150-300 g of marrow a day), moderate protein (1lb – 1.5 lb meat a day) low carb (two - four cups of berries daily) raw paleo diet eaten at one evening meal within two-four hours. It was getting worse slowly but surely ...

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2010, 05:17:30 am »
Yes, I saw that you switched to a high-fat diet after your failed one-week experiment with a high protein diet. What I was wondering is, have you found anything since that works any better for you than that high-fat diet that failed? Have you tried going back to the diet you were "perfect" on? Maybe diet alone is not enough? Have your recent diagnoses led you to any conclusions on what to do?

I'm concerned about kidney stone risk myself. Were you taking any preventative measures other than the berries, such as drinking large quantities of magnesium-containing mineral water, before you developed them?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:26:02 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:04 pm »
High fat diet didn’t actually fail me. The way that I followed it did. As soon as I introduced intermittent fasting I developed some strange symptoms such as lightheaded when getting up to stand from sitting, dizziness, fatigue, lethargy and lack of energy, excessive hunger, increased effort to perform daily tasks, slow movements, feeling drugged in the midafternoon but then feeling more energized in the evening, pale color of face, dark circles under the eyes.

My rapid weight loss during the initial stages of IF deserves special attention. In four months on Primal Diet I gained around 60 pounds (from 115 to 175). During my first 4 – 6 weeks of eating one meal per day I have lost somewhere near 20 lb. It was purely unintentional as I cared little about my weight and I was eating more than enough calories back then. But I was still losing weight pretty quickly just from practicing IF. Now I understand that rapid weight loss can also lead to hormonal imbalances with decreased levels of many hormones including testosterone.

But I really liked the idea of eating once a day since it was so easy and convenient. I refused to believe that all these could have been caused by intermittent fasting.  Instead I unsuccessfully continued to experiment with the diet desperately trying to address these minor problems. Over time I was getting more and more new symptoms. I naively ignored them persuading myself that it was just the adaptation to IF. Besides I was backed up by the deep conviction that if anything there was always the possibility to return to the fail-safe Primal Diet as an emergency mean. It was just a foolish and dangerous delusion. I never made a full return to health after that. And NOTHNG has helped me since.

As for the kidney stones you shouldn’t be too concerned about them. When I developed mine I wasn’t taking any preventive measures. To the contrary I was just aggravating the situation by eating the high-purines foods such as sweetbreads (raw thyroid). I believe that in most cases muscle meats based ZC is pretty harmless. However to be on a safe side it is reasonable to take some alkalizing minerals (magnesium or potassium), little carbs or high HCO3 alkaline water.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2010, 06:46:24 pm »
As for the kidney stones you shouldn’t be too concerned about them. When I developed mine I wasn’t taking any preventive measures. To the contrary I was just aggravating the situation by eating the high-purines foods such as sweetbreads (raw thyroid). I believe that in most cases muscle meats based ZC is pretty harmless. However to be on a safe side it is reasonable to take some alkalizing minerals (magnesium or potassium), little carbs or high HCO3 alkaline water.
It's better to eat some amount of organ-meats, as they more nutritious than muscle-meats, but do include some amount of carbs (50-100 grams) and drink enough water with a little bit of good salt. There's no need to take magnesium and potassium supplements. In food there's enough of it.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2010, 01:04:04 am »
High fat diet didn’t actually fail me. The way that I followed it did. As soon as I introduced intermittent fasting I developed some strange symptoms... I never made a full return to health after that. And NOTHNG has helped me since.
That's unfortunate. So quitting IF didn't help at all? Have you been able to gain back any weight at all?

OK, thanks.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »
so yuri how have you been feeling lately? i mean would you still consider yourself sick? you have chronic fatigue? how is your digestion...just curious
do you even know whats wrong with your body? is life even worth living anymore? is it that bad...

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »
so yuri how have you been feeling lately? i mean would you still consider yourself sick? you have chronic fatigue? how is your digestion...just curious
do you even know whats wrong with your body? is life even worth living anymore? is it that bad...

Everything sucks in all aspects  :'(

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »
Quickest, cheapest way to super-charge your health that you can do NOW

The quickest and cheapest way to change your diet and put your diet on hyperdrive without having to buy any extra food, while still lowering the amount of toxins in your body. This will totally eradicate mood swings, depression, and anxiety. People who eat red meat are tough, have high libidos and vitality. Sugar lowers vitality and sex drive. This is why it's called diabetic impotence.

Eliminate all sugars and carbs. No matter how low glycemicly they may be. Your body was designed for meat. You have enamel teeth that do not regrow like cows or horses, and a stomach full of acid. This acid is so strong that if you have heart burn, acid reflux or binge, this acid will eat your esophagus lining so you cannot swallow anymore.

Zero carbs may is actually required by different types of people depending on their metabolism type,such as hypoglcymic and diabetics. There are forums on this subject and people who do this feel like super humans. You have been consuming refined sugar drugs your entire life. This means your body is taxed of resources so it would be best if you eliminate all sugars. You don't have too. Your body creates insulin which puts your body in hibernation mode called a crash. It's a fat storage hormone. It makes you tired and sleepy. White bread is almost as bad as sugar. These are the two main sugars you consume. On this diet you will not have gas and won't overeat. It's impossible to get fat on this diet since fat cannot be stored, only burned.

Try it and tell me if your energy doesn't skyrocket. Your blood sugar will  be rock stable so you won't have mood swings. Oh and this is the answer to diabetes. Diabetes is just a condition, NOT a disease. Your pancreas will get time to heal. And so will your adrenals. You won't have excess adrenaline or other stress hormones in your blood.

rawlion said...
So you think that raw zero carbohydrate diet could help to recevoer from acute adrenal fatigue? Do you have any other important suggestions for this condition?

Real Life Nutrition said...
You have adrenal fatigue because your body is conserving energy because the adrenals are too weak from overproduction of hormones. Causing your body to produce homomones with wrong timing and not enough.

The Cure? Look below.

First... eliminate ALL sugar bread,candy etc. anything that is a carbohydrate remove it from your diet. Sugars makes your adrenals produce more adrenaline, putting more stress on them.Weakening them, with enough sugar you will get adrenal failure and be bedridden. Gives them rest.

You get a HUGE energy boost from this, craving for carbs goes down after a couple of days.Insulin is the fat storage hormone by eliminating sugar you will stop all production of insulin meaning you will be able to use fat for energy.

Next you need to repair the adrenals. Vitamin B is essential for adrenal function.Find Raw Desiccated adrenal gland or buy it raw yourself there are some on northstarbison.com. only eat a little at first. These have everything your adrenals need.EVERYTHING.

Get Raw liver or desiccated raw liver. The b vitamins in there are in a special form that can only be gained through raw liver. Liver has other benefits too that SKYROCKET ENERGY! you can get both desiccated liver and adrenal here.

http://www.leviticus11.com/dl.htm

Go on the high protein ZERO carb diet immediately.

This condition has been told to take up to 10 years to heal this is why IN combination of what I already told you you should get some jbni herbs.

These are the best things you can do cheaply. Next you need JBNI's recommendation there biodrux are the best in the health field.

Hurry! so I can put your testomoinal on the blog.

improtant note : rare meat tastes better and speeds healing!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:09:18 pm by rawlion »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »
What non-dietary solutions have you been looking at?
Have you tried colored light therapy?
If you suspect a weak organ, special colors on that area will help rejuvenate your organ.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2010, 05:58:54 am »
What non-dietary solutions have you been looking at?
Have you tried colored light therapy?
If you suspect a weak organ, special colors on that area will help rejuvenate your organ.

sounds good, any links samaritan? thnx

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2010, 07:14:13 am »
    The writer means diabetes mellitus.  RawZC should help diabetes insipidus as well.  Diabetes is more of a renal problem than pancreatic at all.  I had renal problems and by adding low to no sugar RAF's into my diet rather than "health food", my kidneys were able to heal.

Quickest, cheapest way to super-charge your health that you can do NOWThe quickest and cheapest way to change your diet and put your diet on hyperdrive without having to buy any extra food, while still lowering the amount of toxins in your body. This will totally eradicate mood swings, depression, and anxiety. People who eat red meat are tough, have high libidos and vitality. Sugar lowers vitality and sex drive. This is why it's called diabetic impotence.

Zero carbs may is actually required by different types of people depending on their metabolism type,such as hypoglcymic and diabetics. There are forums on this subject and people who do this feel like super humans. You have been consuming refined sugar drugs your entire life. This means your body is taxed of resources so it would be best if you eliminate all sugars. You don't have too. Your body creates insulin which puts your body in hibernation mode called a crash. It's a fat storage hormone. It makes you tired and sleepy. White bread is almost as bad as sugar. These are the two main sugars you consume. On this diet you will not have gas and won't overeat. It's impossible to get fat on this diet since fat cannot be stored, only burned.

Try it and tell me if your energy doesn't skyrocket. Your blood sugar will  be rock stable so you won't have mood swings. Oh and this is the answer to diabetes. Diabetes is just a condition, NOT a disease. Your pancreas will get time to heal.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2010, 10:59:24 am »
    Yuri, I don't know why I didn't think about this before, or whether you have, or whether for sure it would work, but I'll try.  A mint plant has very few carbs, little enough I think for your diet.  Much of the food you eat is lamb.  The herb most often eaten with lamb is mint.  There may be a reason.  I imagine mint can be good for the gall bladder.  You have cholecystitis, an inflammatory condition.  That's heat.  Mint is a very cooling herb. 

Many people serve cooked lamb with mint sauce.  In Lebanon, Syria and Palestine they make habra nayeh, a raw lamb dish with loads of raw mint leaves.  In many Arab and Eastern countries lamb is the most frequent meat, and mint tea is sipped between each mouthful of food.  There may be health reasons. 

I have a tiny mint plant in my home.  You can grow a bunch of mint plants.  It shouldn't hurt anything, plus they grow so you don't even have to run out.  Eat mint several times per day.  Build up to it, use a little the first day and so on.  Maybe the fiber will bother you, as you are not accostomed to it.  In that case try it different ways.  Maybe knead it with the meat, or crush it with morter and pestel, you have a great imagination, I'm sure there are other ways to try, to see which may be the perfect prescription for you. 

I feel this may be what you need to make ZC work optimally for you.  Diet in my opinion is not only about calories, macronutrients or current medical literature.  It's about art, chemistry and other things too, many ways to balance art that work.     

Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder. In many cases, cholecystitis is caused by gallstones that block the tube leading out of the gallbladder. This results in a buildup of bile that can cause inflammation. Other causes of cholecystitis include infection, injury and tumors. The doc didn’t say that I have gallstones so I presume it is caused by infection. I have been diagnosed with cholecystitis for the first time when I did abdominal ultrasound in April. Nothing has changed since then.

In presence of cholecystitis, a blood test may reveal that white blood cell count is higher than normal, which may indicate an infection. Blood tests may also show high levels of bilirubin (an orange-yellow pigment that's released into bile and stored in gallbladder), alkaline phosphatase (an enzyme found in high concentrations in liver and bile ducts) and serum aninotransferase (liver enzymes). It is interesting because I have normal readings of the above tests. Moreover I have none of the signs or symptoms of cholecystitis. The doc who was examining me couldn’t believe that I don’t have any pain in bladder area.

...:

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2010, 12:43:12 pm »
Since you can't consume thyroid for what you suspect is hypothyroid, another option that some people claim works is iodine from sources like kelp and wild fatty fish. However, you might want to talk to your physician about it first, because your issues sound serious, I don't recall you mentioning your thyroid and iodine levels being tested, and I'd hate to lead you in the wrong direction.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2010, 02:10:47 pm »
    If you are hypothyroid, mint may be bad for you.  I was diagnosed hypothyroid and have never had a problem with mint, except I don't like mint gum, mint toothpaste nor mint mouthwash, but I have a friend who helped herself heal from being hypothyroid who eliminated mint from all her food and personal care products and it helped her with this.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2010, 12:01:43 am »
I have been zeroing for five months now. The results are far from satisfying. But I am certain that carbs won’t change anything.

My digestion is dead miserable. The condition of having low hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach is often the cause of digestive disorders. Some researchers have found that people with certain diseases are more likely to have an inability to produce normal quantities of stomach acid (including Addison’s or thyroid disease).

Three major categories of herbs are used to treat indigestion when no cause for the condition is known: bitters (digestive stimulants), carminatives (gas-relieving herbs), and demulcents (soothing herbs). A fortnight or so ago I started making herbal decoctions. In my case its a sort of tea made from bitters (dandelion, wormwood, celandine) and carminatives (fennel seeds, ginger, peppermint, caraway). I wish it worked…

Since I am eating nothing but meat and fat I should not have had the following digestive complaints:
- anal itching;
- anemia;
- regular diarrhea;
- permanent gas and bloating;
- abdominal cramps, rumblings and gurgling;
- feeling full all the time;
- constant stomach aches;
- foul-smelling and greasy stool;
- distended abdomen (am I becoming one of the massai?).

No wonder that I feel like nothing on earth...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:22:09 am by rawlion »

William

« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2010, 12:52:55 am »
The condition of having low hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach is often the cause of digestive disorders.

Not true! Definitely not true - there are at least two men who must eat raw bacuse their stomachs make no hydrochloric acid. When people eat raw meat and have digestive problems, it is not reasonable to think that it is in the stomach.

A fortnight or so ago I started making herbal decoctions. In my case its a sort of tea made from bitters (dandelion, wormwood, celandine) and carminatives (fennel seeds, ginger, peppermint, caraway). I wish it worked…

Dangerous, IMHO.

Since I am eating nothing but meat and fat I should not have had the following digestive complaints:
- anal itching;
- anemia;
- regular diarrhea;

No wonder that suffering from all the above I feel like nothing on earth...

Have you tried drying the meat first? You might be one of those who, like me, react badly to fresh meat, but do well if it is somewhat dried. Reference to Dr. Harris' comment about an allergen in meat (bovine serum albumin) being removed by drying.
I thaw ground beef in the frig for a day, then dry for 3 hours. It is tasty.
Fat also tastes better when it is dried, but I have not tried drying it for such a short time.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2010, 01:01:13 am »
Not true! Definitely not true - there are at least two men who must eat raw bacuse their stomachs make no hydrochloric acid. When people eat raw meat and have digestive problems, it is not reasonable to think that it is in the stomach.

Why then all the digestive problems?

Have you tried drying the meat first? You might be one of those who, like me, react badly to fresh meat, but do well if it is somewhat dried. Reference to Dr. Harris' comment about an allergen in meat (bovine serum albumin) being removed by drying.
I thaw ground beef in the frig for a day, then dry for 3 hours. It is tasty.
Fat also tastes better when it is dried, but I have not tried drying it for such a short time.

I tried it for a short period in the past and would definitely like to do it again. But I don't have neccessary equipment and my bro won't allow me to do this in his appartment...

carnivore

« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2010, 01:40:41 am »
I have been zeroing for five months now. The results are far from satisfying. But I am certain that carbs won’t change anything.

My digestion is dead miserable. The condition of having low hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach is often the cause of digestive disorders. Some researchers have found that people with certain diseases are more likely to have an inability to produce normal quantities of stomach acid (including Addison’s or thyroid disease).

Three major categories of herbs are used to treat indigestion when no cause for the condition is known: bitters (digestive stimulants), carminatives (gas-relieving herbs), and demulcents (soothing herbs). A fortnight or so ago I started making herbal decoctions. In my case its a sort of tea made from bitters (dandelion, wormwood, celandine) and carminatives (fennel seeds, ginger, peppermint, caraway). I wish it worked…

- anal itching;
- anemia;
- regular diarrhea;

No wonder that I feel like nothing on earth...

What about betain HCL ??

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2010, 02:10:07 am »
What about betain HCL ??

Tempting idea but unfortunately it does fall beyond my budget limits...

William

« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:32 am »
Why then all the digestive problems?

Because you are eating something indigestible. Either there is something wrong with it, or there is something wrong with you. Or both.
Detective work needed, and only you can do it.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2010, 02:19:08 am »
This is what I am eating:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk