Author Topic: Raw Paleo collaborative book  (Read 40418 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Paleo collaborative book
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:04 pm »
Interesting, I see WP has a nice revision control system too, but we should not rush in with different structures atm. The more important thing is getting enough interest for the raw work.

Of course, the "meat & potatoes" of it is getting good content in there.
But if the site looks good, easy to navigate, and if it looks professional, that will generate higher interest as well not to mention will be enjoyable to browse and use. So both aspects I think are important, they are two separate things that will play a major part.
The way WordPress allows to classify articles by tags & categories makes them easy to search through.

Once you guys have enough content organized we should set up a WordPress "test site" and see if it functions smoothly before making it live. I can help with making the site look great visually, I don't mind offering free work for something like this as I think its a neat project.  :)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 08:56:24 am »
That sounds great it is over my head, but I wish it existed, and I would contribute grunt work.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 02:38:53 pm »
Hi,
Sounds great, but then I don't think everyone really agrees on what the paleo diet consists of. However, an information source on why raw fruit, vegetables and meat are better than cooked counterparts would probably go a long way toward resolving initial questions. I would definitely help out.
Cheers
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:49 am »
Yeah, I don't think we could write a book focusing on the fundamentals of raw Paleo that everyone would agree on. I noticed that another forum book that had a small amount of popularity was composed of each person's individual stories, which would be basically the same thing as the success stories at the main raw Paleo website. So one possibility would be to ask more people to submit their success stories and then stick them in an ebook, with a short introduction that could touch on the fundamentals and note that there are disagreements.

I submitted a success story at another forum that I could update for this purpose. However, my approach is still a work in progress, so the story may change in the future, as it has since I wrote that testimonial. I'd rather wait until the level of success is near complete and my approach is more firmly set.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:38:19 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 01:54:10 pm »
I noticed that another forum book that had a small amount of popularity was composed of each person's individual stories, which would be basically the same thing as the success stories at the main raw Paleo website. So one possibility would be to ask more people to submit their success stories and then stick them in an ebook, with a short introduction that could touch on the fundamentals and note that there are disagreements.

I really like that idea. If each person were given a few pages to relate their experiences, and clarify the particular characteristics of their diet, I think it would be very handy for everyone.
I too, have not diversified my experiences as much as I would like to much. But if I stuck to the most recent dietary change, and everything relevant to that, it could work out nicely I think.
Cheers
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 11:59:02 am »
If this diet does remarkable things for my health over time I'll probably end up making a self-published zine about it. If that progresses, I'll make sure to let you all know and ask for input.

Offline MarkC

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:07 pm »
Here's a link to a very interesting article, "Nature and Variability of Human Food Consumption", by D.A.T. Southgate.

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/334/1270/281.full.pdf

Could be useful material for the book?

Offline MarkC

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »
The book will probably want to have section on resources, as does the rawpaleodiet.com website. Another useful resource for those of us in the UK is: http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:30 am »
I like the healing power of raw paleo.

Eating like this has healed me from every bad thing I've ever done, I want to share it with everyone who wants to eat like this.

I have scars on my fingers, I got punched in my mouth once. Its incredible how I even smoke and drink and my body just keeps on cleaning itself.

All we should do is share this way of eating with the world that wants it. My body continually heals, faster, and faster.

It just heals, heals, and heals more.

Some things I do to keep healing is I relax.

Eat raw.

Lots of seeds.

Beef from publix, target - depending on budget.

Whole foods grass fed meats.

Specific carbohydrate diet for fruits and veggies.

Lots of apricot seeds and peach seeds.

I slip and eat wrong on occasion. But I never beat myself up over it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:40:47 am by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 07:13:53 am »
How many times have you read or heard, "scholars disagree about xyz..." That is what you would do here with a collaborative book. A good preface to begin with so everyone is aware of diverging opinions in the book. We can still put together a very basic book, at the very least of the technical side... How to choose meat, eggs, milk, fruits, veggies. Animals on their natural diet vs. Animals on modern agri-foods and drugs. The basics of the philosophy behind raw animal foods. Biophotons. Etc. There is plenty that can be said, and where we can't comment, we just don't, or we explain the difficulty with the matter. You're going to have to preface it also with "everyone is different and though much of this informations is true for a lot of the population and for many at RPDF, it may not be true for you. Health is a journey for everyone and you have to be responsible for finding the foods that suit your body." Or something to that effect. Trust.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 08:49:38 am »
I agree about the tendency toward disagreement on any important topic and thus I think the emphasis would best be on individual success stories, with before and after photos of those that look good. I don't think my story is quite good enough yet. If someone wanted to talk about stuff like biophotons, they could do it in their stories, and they could also list their favorite foods and then let people decide for themselves which foods they want to try. The more topics and content in the introduction, the more chance for disagreement. We can't even get full agreement on what constitutes raw Paleo in this forum.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

CitrusHigh

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:06 am »
Sure but like I said, the technical side, ie implementation isn't up for discussion. Delineating the different methods of storage, or what to look for in meat considered to be healthful.  We all agree animals on their natural diets have better nutrient profiles. Whether glass is less healthy than plastic is not an issue, you just give the facts, chemicals are known to leech from plastic, glass is inert. Stick to things we DO know. We can talk about what various chemicals do when they get in to the body. Sources of toxins. Enzymes, bacteria, phages, fungi. What happens to foods during the cooking process. Importance of minerals, vitamins. What is wrong with conventional farming. Why the medical field is so fucked. Where the bad science came from in the first place.  Germ theory vs toxicity theory. So much to write about without having to worry about major disagreements.  Besides, the forum itself is setup to account for divergences in opinion. That is why there are separate sections for Raw WAP, Primal diet, etc.

Obviously 100% of the population is not going to agree on everything anywhere anytime. But there is plenty of topic to cover. Like Jessica says, more important to be practical and get something done than just hem and haw because it's not perfect from the start. Get some shit down on paper and then it will take on a life of it's own as it is molded and revised.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 09:34:35 am »
Sure, go right ahead.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »
I like the idea of making a wordpress.

I also like the idea of us being able to put individual testimonies, as many of ours diets are different. I for one would like to mention the ease of absorption of a raw-scd diet.

However I think there's general things we can all agree on. Like sourcing healthy animals, antibiotic, hormone free, etc. Taking preference to organic produce. The two being better for health and the environment, and more humane to the animals.

AGE's, HCA's, and other heat created toxins should be mentioned.

I think we should start with the word press, and as to not be "overwhelmed" by the amount of work we could just add one blog per week.

We could start with a "what is the raw paleo diet" blog post. Which explains how its an all raw diet, with various forms. Primal, instincto, WAI, raw weston price, carnivorous. And it could explain a little about each, but clearly show they all have a common theme, raw foods.

We really need to make this "take off." Its been in discussion for a while.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 09:00:00 am »
I agree with Thoth.. I was going to say, if you guys write a book, the first things you should emphasize are that everyone is different, some people might do better on a pure carnivore diet while others do better on an omnivore diet, and say that they really need to listen to their own body more than what anyone else tells them, and that they'll probably need to experiment a lot with different foods to find out what is right for them.  And then stick to more of the "factual" things than the more opinionated things.. and everything would need to be backed up by research to be truly convincing.

Also, you can create a website separate from Wikipedia that just uses the same format as wikipedia.  There's lots of separate wikis for specific things like games, or like bulbapedia is a pokemon wiki, but they aren't part of wikipedia.  You could always make a rawpaleodietwiki.com using wiki format that RPDers can go to that isn't a part of wikipedia at all.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
Here is bulbapedia, it looks just like wikipedia but it only has things about pokemon on it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:06:33 am by Wolf »
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk