Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369058 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #550 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45:52 am »
Never noticed any parasite in soon 24 years of RVAF. But I'm very strict with the quality of meat: no grain fed, no heated animal fodder. Aren't papaya and melon seeds good in preventing or eliminating parasite's infestations?

Francois
I heard pineapples.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 29, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »
Aren't papaya and melon seeds good in preventing or eliminating parasite's infestations?
Papaya seeds are good at it. They contain papain, which digests structural proteins of the parasites. Vit. C and amygdalin are the catalysts of that process.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #552 on: September 29, 2010, 04:37:29 pm »
I'm curious about the age of that tapeworm. How long has it been present in your body?
Since end of July.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #553 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »
Hey Tyler...I was wondering if you'd thought of doing something with the fresh ingredients cloves etc...like powdering them.

Also this site has a tincture...not sure if that's expensive for the amount you use it or not.

http://mammaearth.com/tinctures/parasitexa-100ml/prod_59.html
Well, I got rid of the parasites so no need for the above. I already used wormwood and pumpkin seeds and they didn't work.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 29, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »
Since end of July.
How do you know that? Have the tapeworm been examined at the laboratory?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #555 on: September 29, 2010, 04:58:41 pm »
How do you know that? Have the tapeworm been examined at the laboratory?
The tapeworm segments only started appearing just after I arrived back in the UK in the beginning of August. Plus, that pain in the bladder I mentioned , which preceded the arrival of those tapeworm segments, only happened a couple of days before the 1st of August. So, given  that the tapeworms seem to reach adult stage in only a few weeks, it is likely I got infected at the beginning of July, while in Italy, so the horsemeat must be responsible.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #556 on: October 02, 2010, 04:28:33 am »
Well, I will likely be taking some time off in a few days from the Internet. Probably back by end of October or thereabouts.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:21:20 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #557 on: October 03, 2010, 09:22:25 pm »
Damn I have to go abroad on Tuesday and leave my computer behind. I hate that, but have to deal with certain matters.  Will be back onlin in November, some time.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #558 on: October 03, 2010, 09:48:52 pm »
Damn I have to go abroad on Tuesday and leave my computer behind. I hate that, but have to deal with certain matters.  Will be back onlin in November, some time.

Get an Ipad or an iphone or a galaxy or itouch.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #559 on: October 03, 2010, 11:57:31 pm »
Get an Ipad or an iphone or a galaxy or itouch.
I dislike such things. All I will tolerate, technology-wise, is a desktop PC and a mobile phone(without camera). I'm too much a technophobe as regards other gadgets.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 04, 2010, 01:40:31 am »
Pleasant travels, and 'see' you in November :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #561 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:56 pm »
Well I am now in Vienna and restricted to a french-style keyboard which tricks me into quickly typing "q" instead of "a" etc. 

Benefits/Disadvantages:-  there is no real organic meat market in Austria.  There are free-range raw eggs but that is about it. Good thing is that raw wild game is more easily available than elsewhere with a huge local market and even a  nearby supermarket providing high quality raw wild game(raw wild boar/raw venison/raw stagmeat) along with raw quail eggs I can also get in the UK etc. Astonishingly, the raw wild game from the supermarket is half as expensive as in the market, which is the opposite of what one would find in the UK.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2010, 09:24:46 am »
TD, how many languages do you speak?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:27 am »
TD, how many languages do you speak?
Well, English is my mother-tongue - I am relatively fluent , but not perfect in German(cannot understand dialect), and need to spend a couple of weeks speaking French for me to be comfortable speaking it again. Due to learning Latin and  Ancient Greek at school I can understand many words in other European languages though am not confident enough to speak in them.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #564 on: November 11, 2010, 03:09:18 am »
I just watched a part of a documentary on some herders in Kazakhstan who raise eagles, stolen from the wild,  to hunt or track wild game. It was done in that pseudo folksy, Noble-Savage-like manner, which really irritates me. Like with all HGs, they have no real respect for the environment(though admittedly HGs are far less worse than more urbanised peoples in that regard, due to lack of technology). The Kazakhstanis were shown as hunting down wolves for their pelts. Part of the reason is, of course, that like all owners of domesticated animals like cattle or sheep, they have an innate dislike of predators like wolves. Urbanised peoples are similiar re tolerating "cute" animals but not giving a damn about other wild animals which are as, or more important, to the environment.

I have a silly fool of a relative who is a real believer in the ridiculous Noble Savage theory. She reminds me, of the ghastly  Mrs Jellyby , for those who have  read Charles Dickens'  "Bleak House".

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:28:36 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 11, 2010, 07:12:41 am »
I just watched a part of a documentary on some herders in Kazakhstan who raise eagles, stolen from the wild,  to hunt or track wild game. It was done in that pseudo folksy, Noble-Savage-like manner, which really irritates me. Like with all HGs, they have no real respect for the environment(though admittedly HGs are far less worse than more urbanised peoples in that regard, due to lack of technology). The Kazakhstanis were shown as hunting down wolves for their pelts. Part of the reason is, of course, that like all owners of domesticated animals like cattle or sheep, they have an innate dislike of predators like wolves. Urbanised peoples are similiar re tolerating "cute" animals but not giving a damn about other wild animals which are as, or more important, to the environment.

That makes me sad too, how is a bunny better then a wolf dammit.
Cats, though, are perhaps some of the most liked predatory animals in the modern world.

Thats amazing about the eagles. In Montreal there was this guy who walked around the city with his pet Raven on his shoulder. The raven was not tied up/leashed and its flight feathers were not removed, it just liked hanging out with this guy. I saw this guy with the raven on a crowded subway station, the bird was amazingly calm on his shoulder amongst all the people. I wonder what he feeds it, rotting meat would seem suitable.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #566 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:52 am »
I have been thinking of doing a general list of rawpalaeo sources by country section or series of threads. Obviously, many sources are temporary with farms going out of business here and there etc. But there are permanent websites such as eatwild.com, listing grassfed sources, and there are permanent farmers' markets and the like. This would make it far easier for rawpalaeodieters to quickly find high quality raw animal foods while travelling or relocating.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:30:37 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »
I just had one of those cringing, embarassing talks with my mother where she insisted on mentioning my infancy. Well, apparently and unsurprisingly, I had had stomach-aches when she weaned me away from raw mother's milk and  onto cooked/processed foods. She was told by the doctor, beforehand, that stomach-aches were usual when weaning a child. More proof that we are designed to eat raw foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #568 on: November 30, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »
Did my duty re wikipedia. The raw foodism page is fine as it is, but I changed a photo on the paleolithic diet page as it tried to state that it, a photo of a raw vegan dish, was representative of a raw, palaeolithic-type diet.  The new photo is of a sashimi meal.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #569 on: December 03, 2010, 09:31:35 am »
I wish just 1 to 3 people here would pull their fingers out and help me every now and again with the raw foodism wikipedia page. It is dispiriting to be the only one with enough interest in the RVAF diet community, and individual integrity,  to  be willing to contribute to the raw foodism wikipedia page.

The sole consolation re the raw foodism wikipedia page is that I have made great efforts to include very solid references to any pro-raw comments made on the raw foodism wikipedia page. By contrast, efforts by the anti-raw crowd have been very poor, with only weak scientific references being provided for their side. And references are the real backbone of wikipedia, in the long-term.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 03, 2010, 10:48:55 am »
What's my incentive to help when you frequently insult me and don't even try to understand what I say? It's kind of like punching someone in the gut while asking him why he doesn't do more to help and then covering your ears when he tries to answer.  l) I help my family, friends and those who treat me with respect. For example, I provided some info to Dorothy and Tsurugi at the GITMR forum because they are very friendly and asked nicely, and because Dorothy's mother has a very serious health issue that she had asked for help with. Maybe if you were friendlier and more respectful with people they might help more? It seems worth a try.

Besides, I know the raw aspect of the diet has been the crucial aspect for you, but for me it's so far been more like it has been for Lex--a small though helpful part of the benefit--whereas the Paleo and carnivore aspects have been much more helpful. You seem to find that hard to believe when anyone reports that, but for me it's also true so far. I suppose if I were to sign up onto Wikipedia and engage in the diet wars there I should contribute first and foremost to a Paleo or carnivore entry rather than a raw entry.

It's probably futile anyway, as the vegan, vegetarian and PETA extremists tend to be committed fanatics who will do anything to prevent the truth about the benefits of meat getting out and probably will just delete anything positive we might post about meats. Have you heard how they censored out info from Denise Minger, Dr. Eades and others on the China Study Wikipedia entry? Wikipedia appears to be run by those who are willing to put the most time into it, which tends to mean the most committed fanatics (and perhaps some well-paid minions).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 03, 2010, 11:53:07 am »
I wish just 1 to 3 people here would pull their fingers out and help me every now and again with the raw foodism wikipedia page. It is dispiriting to be the only one with enough interest in the RVAF diet community, and individual integrity,  to  be willing to contribute to the raw foodism wikipedia page.

The sole consolation re the raw foodism wikipedia page is that I have made great efforts to include very solid references to any pro-raw comments made on the raw foodism wikipedia page. By contrast, efforts by the anti-raw crowd have been very poor, with only weak scientific references being provided for their side. And references are the real backbone of wikipedia, in the long-term.

I didn't even know you wanted help, or how to help.  If you posted this previously, then I missed it.  And if you posted this in your journal only, then I understandably missed it :D   

I've offered to help with writing and/or editing a long time ago, but I'm not the person to step on toes (I thought this was YOUR thing).   Or maybe you're gender biased and don't want my help anyway.. IDK.. but I'm happy to help, just tell me so. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #572 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »
What's my incentive to help when you frequently insult me and don't even try to understand what I say? It's kind of like punching someone in the gut while asking him why he doesn't do more to help and then covering your ears when he tries to answer.  l) I help my family, friends and those who treat me with respect. For example, I provided some info to Dorothy and Tsurugi at the GITMR forum because they are very friendly and asked nicely, and because Dorothy's mother has a very serious health issue that she had asked for help with. Maybe if you were friendlier and more respectful with people they might help more? It seems worth a try.

Besides, I know the raw aspect of the diet has been the crucial aspect for you, but for me it's so far been more like it has been for Lex--a small though helpful part of the benefit--whereas the Paleo and carnivore aspects have been much more helpful. You seem to find that hard to believe when anyone reports that, but for me it's also true so far. I suppose if I were to sign up onto Wikipedia and engage in the diet wars there I should contribute first and foremost to a Paleo or carnivore entry rather than a raw entry.

It's probably futile anyway, as the vegan, vegetarian and PETA extremists tend to be committed fanatics who will do anything to prevent the truth about the benefits of meat getting out and probably will just delete anything positive we might post about meats. Have you heard how they censored out info from Denise Minger, Dr. Eades and others on the China Study Wikipedia entry? Wikipedia appears to be run by those who are willing to put the most time into it, which tends to mean the most committed fanatics (and perhaps some well-paid minions).
I do understand, that's the trouble.

Whatever the case, the raw foodism wikipedia page isn't actually "my" page. It is a public resource and the idea is that raw foodists should contribute as a community so as to avoid misleading info fooling newbies to RVAF diets. So far, apart from 1 other RVAFer(who is now usually absent from rawpaleoforum these days due to other commitments), the only help I have had is from various raw vegan members. If some raw vegans can back me up re deletions of biased, anti-raw/pro-cooking stuff and useful input (of admittedly pro-raw vegan scientific studies) etc. etc., then that is an interesting contrast to those RVAFers who don't want to help.

If you feel like contributing instead to the cooked, palaeolithic diet page, feel free to do so. I have already put in some sentences on that page,mentioning RVAFers as well as deleting some biased stuff and inserting a rather interesting rebuttal by Cordain to a recent claim re the grain-consumption a 100,000 years ago article.

As for the raw and palaeo aspects, while the raw aspect was and is indeed more important for me re health, the palaeo aspect was also vital as if I had continued to opt for raw dairy or go in for 100 percent raw vegan/fruitarian diets, I could not have healed properly. And besides, one of the main reasons for rawpaleoforum being set up was because I thought there was too much of an anti-palaeo bias in other RVAF diet forums.

(In case people are worried re this taking up too much of their free time, don't worry. The key re wikipedia is interpreting the rules in one's favour(not difficult as the pro-cooked faction have so few solid references backing up their claims in contrast to the more solid pro-raw refs); and also it's a case of strength in numbers. So, all you really have to do is check the raw foodism page each once a month or so(if there are 10 or more RVAFers involved), and perhaps revert deletions then etc., and to turn up in the discussions section of the raw foodism page to back the pro-raw side when an argument comes up and I mention it here.Judging from past events, major discussions of that sort only turn up something like once or twice a year. The raw foodism wikipedia page is not a very popular article, being considered somewhat obscure, so it's worth a little effort, IMO.

OK, I'm now posting some comments on the raw veganism discussions page as there is some dodgy pro-cooking info there re Wrangham. I am Loki0115 over there.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:27:27 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #573 on: December 03, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »
I didn't even know you wanted help, or how to help.  If you posted this previously, then I missed it.  And if you posted this in your journal only, then I understandably missed it :D   

I've offered to help with writing and/or editing a long time ago, but I'm not the person to step on toes (I thought this was YOUR thing).   Or maybe you're gender biased and don't want my help anyway.. IDK.. but I'm happy to help, just tell me so. 
I would love it if you contributed. I was always a bit annoyed at being the primary contributor to rawpaleodiet.com re certain articles, and wanted others to have a go as well. if you have any ideas re contributing articles on rawpaleodiet.com, just get in touch with Edwin re passwords etc. As for the raw foodism wikipedia page, just checking it only once a month is fine, and, should some major discussion turn up(won't happen more often than once or twice a year max.), I would appreciate it if you helped debunk the anti-raw side's points.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #574 on: December 03, 2010, 08:25:12 pm »
I should also add a note of caution:- anything new one adds to wikipedia should have strong references accompanying it. That makes it more difficult for others to arbitrarily delete one's contributions. Also, it would not be a good idea to simply delete all anti-raw stuff. By allowing some anti-raw claims(re bacteria/parasites etc.) in previous dicussions, I made it possible to keep the crucial " potential harmful effects of cooked foods" section, despite a number of desperate attempts by some heavily-biased anti-raw people to get rid of that section.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk