Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369013 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2010, 01:27:48 am »
I don't like resurrecting old threads, really.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #577 on: December 04, 2010, 08:12:16 am »
I've just heard about a type of raw foodism I had never heard of before:- "vitarianism", which consists of raw fruit, raw vegetables and raw dairy. The guru thereof seems to have been Johnny Lovewisdom.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #578 on: December 05, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »
Wikipedia is a bit addictive. I found other articles that desperately needed editing such as the wrangham article, and the article on his book and there is an odious cooking/evolution article which really needs to be fixed too.  Fortunately, such subjects are not popular within wikipedia, so, hopefully, I will be able to retain the general themes I entered over a long period of time.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 06, 2010, 05:13:30 am »
I do understand, that's the trouble.
The fact that you can insult someone like that and expect them to help you clearly shows otherwise.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #580 on: December 06, 2010, 06:04:39 am »
The fact that you can insult someone like that and expect them to help you clearly shows otherwise.
Again, the whole point of this request is to help the rawpalaeo community as a whole, not me. After all, I don't own wikipedia. As far as remarks re past insults, in those cases, I merely pointed out certain flaws in your reasoning, and you had too thin a skin vis-a-vis those issues, not being capable of admitting you were wrong etc.

If I might echo your own previous exchange with KD(in other words "practice what you preach", hint, hint), kindly restrict such pointless, faulty arguments re "straw men" etc. etc. to PMs to me, not wasting other peoples' time on open forum. Besides, this is my own journal, after all.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:16:25 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 06, 2010, 06:12:00 am »
You ASS-U-ME you understand, but based on what you've written you don't and you aren't aware that you don't and obviously aren't aware of how negative and insulting your language often is. I know you don't own Wikipedia. Have you ever heard the saying you can catch more with flies with honey than with vinegar?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #582 on: December 06, 2010, 07:18:09 am »
I am thinking of bringing some raw beef jerky for  a future skiing trip and/or a mountain-hiking trip in the summer. I would preferably want to avoid making my own raw beef jerky as I presume it would require a dehydrator or somesuch and waste a lot of time. Does anyone here in the UK know of a reliable source of raw beef jerky that is without preservatives etc?

In past hiking trips I would just bring some raw tongue with me and finish it in 2 days. Trouble was that it caused a bit of a stink even when the relevant plastic containers were washed. I certainly want to avoid pemmican.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #583 on: December 06, 2010, 08:04:40 am »
Have you ever heard the saying you can catch more with flies with honey than with vinegar?
And now for something completely different. ;)
Flies are actually more attracted to most vinegar (malt, balsamic, basically any non-white vinegar) than they are to honey. I just did a quick search to find a link but nothing is coming up. Give it a shot though and you'll see. A poor thought out idiom. ;D

I am thinking of bringing some raw beef jerky for  a future skiing trip and/or a mountain-hiking trip in the summer. I would preferably want to avoid making my own raw beef jerky as I presume it would require a dehydrator or somesuch and waste a lot of time. Does anyone here in the UK know of a reliable source of raw beef jerky that is without preservatives etc?
Build a Lex Box. $10 in parts and you're set. Certainly cheaper and more consistent than anything you could source for purchase. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 06, 2010, 08:49:59 am »
I will take it! I will take it! I will take the ring to Mordor. Though... I do not know the way.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #585 on: December 06, 2010, 09:01:29 am »

Build a Lex Box. $10 in parts and you're set. Certainly cheaper and more consistent than anything you could source for purchase. :)
  I suppose I will have to, as, after a few checks, jerky seems ridiculously expensive to buy in shops.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 06, 2010, 11:26:20 am »
And now for something completely different. ;)
ITS!

Flies are actually more attracted to most vinegar (malt, balsamic, basically any non-white vinegar) than they are to honey. I just did a quick search to find a link but nothing is coming up. Give it a shot though and you'll see. A poor thought out idiom. ;D

a person I work with is fond of leaving things like fruit in paper bags and forgetting about them. We have one of those vinegar traps now that is basically a funneled piece of paper in a jar of vinegar, works like a charm.

the lex box also works like a charm. I'm a bit wary of leaving it for extended periods without my watchful eye because the meat does seem to drip on the bulb and I have just used a clamp light which could theoretically shake loose to the sides, but maybe that is paranoia and I guess could be solved by mounting with the L bracket.

---
I've never contributed to wikipedia so I guess I wouldn't any useful credibility. I think something about the endless mutability would grind my gear...no matter how quickly I could type responses. heh heh  -X

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #587 on: December 06, 2010, 07:51:49 pm »
I have already had people trying to change some of my contributions to wikipedia pages. The page on Richard Wrangham's book had someone saying on the discussions page that richard wrangham had a serious theory. Most likely this guy is Wrangham's PR agent given the incredibly pro-Wrangham bias that was previously in the article.

*edit*  I have just had someone delete some of my attempts re the control of fire by early humans page. In the process, I noticed that some subtle, pro-wrangham/pro-cooking fanatic had deliberately inserted dead links or pro-wrangham articles in place of my previously solid scientific references damning Wrangham's claims. I had not noticed this when I copy-and-pasted my stuff from another wikipedia page. I find this kind of subtle anti-scientific trolling to be truly odious. People like that should be shot.

I can see that what we need is a sort of wiki. We already have rawpaleodiet.com where I have put in a few articles on the subject of rawpalaeodiets. I need to include more essays on things like the heat-created toxins in raw foods. I would also appreciate any constructive criticism of such articles. I am well aware that I am no decent author and, at the time of writing some of those articles, they had been reworded into an awkward, more populist style by someone else, so i am sure they need improvement.

The only problem re future articles is that my current PC cannot seem to view the new rawpaleodiet.com so that I may have to write articles and provide links to references but get someone else to insert them into rawpaleodiet.com We'll see.

OK, for now:-

Update the anti-wrangham/advent of cooking article.

Write a very lengthy essay on heat-created toxins in cooked foods.

Write an essay on the negative effects of non-palaeo foods.

Include a couple of articles on addictiveness of junk foods.

Any further ideas re future possible essays much appreciated.

" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #588 on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:33 am »
Does wikipedia allow one to copy and paste whole wikipedia articles onto one's own website? I would like to copy and paste the hygiene hypothesis wikipedia page on to rawpaleodiet.com, you see.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:44 am »
I don't know how legit it is, but you can probably just copy the html code (or just the parts you want to reference) and paste it directly into your own html document. It might not update with the site, but it seems to contain all the hyperlinks and formatting of the original. Maybe you could do this partially and have a link to the entire document?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2010, 10:34:54 am »
Well I use wordpress I think, normally. Well, I'll do those articles over the next month until they are perfect and then we'll see.

" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
I have just found out about a new law passed around Easter by the Health and Safety retards in Austria:- all children aged under 16 will now have to wear ski-helmets while skiing. I previously pointed to an article showing that people with such helmets inevitably go c. 10 percent faster as they foolishly think that not only are they somehow immune to accidents but that they also very wrongly think that they are less dangerous to other passersby.

What worries me is that the Health and Safety retards will undoubtedly soon force ALL adult skiers to wear ski-helmets too, thus efficiently ruining my skiing.

At any rate, this health and safety b*llsh*t is deeply worrying. So far, it hasn't affected me much. But, judging from the retards at the FDA who try to shut down raw-dairy farms, it won't be long before laws get passed forcing all raw meats to be irradiated before sale and so on.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:28:33 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2010, 09:14:29 am »
OK, I have decided to store relevant wikipedia pages on heat-created toxins, raw foodism and similiar. I cannot stand the constant editing wars, the sniping etc. Rawpaleodiet.com needs to eventually  have this info added so as to confirm  that cooking is harmful etc. I will naturally edit those pages to remove stuff which is not relevant to us, plus add far more data to support raw diets.

Wikipedia is actually very good at times, in that people often insert some very interesting pieces of data on webpages(things I would never have found in time via simple googling). The trouble is the lack of permanence of the data as it is constantly being changed by people with agendas of some sort.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #593 on: December 19, 2010, 06:37:07 pm »
I just received a PM via rawpaleoforum from one of those notorious Nigerian fraudsters,  giving a story re mythical millions of dollars locked up in a foreign bank-account and claiming they need my help. I hope no one else here who got such a PM was fooled by this nonsense. Such fraudsters should be strung up.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 19, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »
I just got one too! Mine is from Miss Godgive Jabie, Abidjan, Ivory Coast. God give me money! ROLF!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2010, 04:00:10 am »
I have noticed a recent tendency towards RZC-bashing on this forum. I am somewhat amused by this as , in the 1st year or two of the forum, there was a contrasting great deal of anti-carb-bashing from RZCers, with carbs being called "evil" and certain other people promoting some plants in the diet being severely attacked . Ah well, perhaps I may have to eventually post a cautionary thread in the RZC forum, similiar to what  GS did in the Raw Omnivore forum. The main thing is that neither side should ever "win", as such, so that we have a number of alternative options available to every newbie.

There also seems a bit of heavy Instincto bashing, which puzzles me. I mean, Instincto has some differences, and I didn't approve of the various past mentions against raw meats, or the heavy focus on sweet fruits by some Instinctos -  but, all in all, Instincto forbids the exact same foods a rawpalaeodiet does, and I have to admit that my own personal dietary experience does seem to indicate that there is at least something to the notion of instincts. Well, as long as it generates discussion, I suppose...
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:40 am »
...and I have to admit that my own personal dietary experience does seem to indicate that there is at least something to the notion of instincts. Well, as long as it generates discussion, I suppose...

...at LEAST something? I'd give it way more credit than that, its very important to develop good eating instincts, without it you end up having way more people in despair about not knowing what to eat and trying everything without any positive results.
Who cares if you eat RPD but you don't know if you want to eat lean meat, fat, fruits or veggies? You'll still feel screwed up then I can guarantee.
Most people that do well eat pretty much what they want (in RPD realm) when they want.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:42:25 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2010, 04:16:52 am »
I have noticed a recent tendency towards RZC-bashing on this forum.
I know, that's me ;)
I have been only trying to enlighten a little bit about drawbacks of ZC.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:15 am »
I have just found out about a new law passed around Easter by the Health and Safety retards in Austria:- all children aged under 16 will now have to wear ski-helmets while skiing. I previously pointed to an article showing that people with such helmets inevitably go c. 10 percent faster as they foolishly think that not only are they somehow immune to accidents but that they also very wrongly think that they are less dangerous to other passersby.

What worries me is that the Health and Safety retards will undoubtedly soon force ALL adult skiers to wear ski-helmets too, thus efficiently ruining my skiing.

At any rate, this health and safety b*llsh*t is deeply worrying. So far, it hasn't affected me much. But, judging from the retards at the FDA who try to shut down raw-dairy farms, it won't be long before laws get passed forcing all raw meats to be irradiated before sale and so on.

Ha I hate it too! The more padding and protection we are wearing the less careful we are. I never wear a helmet when biking either, and I am always paying way more attention on the bike then any other time. Here there is a law that kids (I think under 12) have to wear helmets on bike but not adults thank god!
However I will always wear a helmet on motorbike (law or not), because one slip at high speed and you are F.U.C.K.ed...I saw how my friend got scraped up after slipping on a big turn on a rainy night...thank god for his helmet.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:28:51 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2010, 06:33:29 am »
Ha I hate it too! The more padding and protection we are wearing the less careful we are. I never wear a helmet when biking either, and I am always paying way more attention on the bike then any other time. Here there is a law that kids (I think under 12) have to wear helmets on bike but not adults thank god!
However I will always wear a helmet on motorbike (law or not), because one slip at high speed and you are F.U.C.K.ed...I saw how my friend got scraped up after slipping on a big turn on a rainy night...thank god for his helmet.
I once read about a study which showed that car-drivers stayed closer to those bicycle-riders who wore helmets as they thought they could get away with this more; but , of course, this habit actually caused more accidents, not less! So, safer not to wear a helmet if riding a bicycle. Motorcycle riders are different, of course. I have had one very unnerving experience with a motorcycle-rider. Even though I was given a helmet and clenched the side-bars like glue, I very nearly got thrown off due to the excess speed.  They seem to be less concerned re speed than car-drivers.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk