Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529649 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #950 on: January 05, 2012, 09:50:58 am »
A 10 month old lamb I killed 12 days ago I already ate the limbs now I will start on the core.

I have been hanging meat in my shed without any refrigeration since late October. I will take the organs and internal fats and freeze what I cant eat the first week, but the rest of it I let hanging in the shed. I had to throw out a little bit of a lamb in October because the weather was to warm and humid that it got a little nasty (even for me). But if the weather is in the 50s or lower with fairly low humidity it seems I can finish off a whole lamb unrefrigerated without any problems. After it air drys and ages a bit it taste real good, and the back fat seems to seal off the inner red meat from excessive molds and microbes.

I just cut off whatever I  want to eat and leave the rest. Its the most simplistic way of eatting I have yet to experience.

This is aged lamb with fresh brains and a testicle, and a side of coconut butter.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:22:59 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 05, 2012, 10:47:26 am »
I had to throw out a little bit of a lamb in October because the weather was to warm and humid that it got a little nasty (even for me). But if the weather is in the 50s or lower with fairly low humidity it seems I can finish off a whole lamb unrefrigerated without any problems. After it air drys and ages a bit it taste real good, and the back fat seems to seal off the inner red meat from excessive molds and microbes.

I just cut off whatever I  want to eat and leave the rest. Its the most simplistic way of eatting I have yet to experience.
Yup, that matches my experience, though I haven't had any problems as long as the temps stay below the 80s (but maybe the humidity is lower here), and it's the way my relatives did things for thousands of years, until the 1970s. Luckily, somewhat-Northerly-Ireland rarely gets hot.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #952 on: January 05, 2012, 11:31:04 am »
   Raw bison chuck roast raw.

Why do they call it roast? Is that subliminal so you will roast it?

I can get some pig liver.  I've never tried it plain.  Do you think I should get it?  What is it like?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:32 pm »
Tuna ceviche and macadamia nuts dipped in raw honey + raw coconut oil + beef suet
...my work lunch leftovers ;-)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »
Sabertooth,
how does testicles tastes?
Are they hard to chew, like lungs..?
Are they gross?

Yesterday

Elk organs;
Heart, lungs and kidney. Very tasty. Especially the heart. :-*

I cut them up and eat them plain. The lungs (in the middle) I swallow whole as hard to chew.

Elkburgers (dried overnight at body temp.) with coconut oil, wild picked cowberries (defrosted), wild picked chanterelles - dried.

All wild and local except of the coconut oil.
Makes me feel so good. :)

Inger

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 05, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »
It gets very humid in Kentucky and we are known for the high mold counts, but if the humidity stays low then I usually have no problems ageing the meats even at higher temperatures.

Testicles have a tough outer skin, but are very soft and tender on the interior. They taste salty with a little bit of a bitter after taste.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #956 on: January 05, 2012, 08:45:18 pm »
I once tried raw testicles. They were raw stag's testicles and very well aged by the time I bought them. I tried eating them but they were so hard my knife couldn't cut through them. Plus, the stench thereof was far worse than any "high-meat" I'd eaten in the past.

I will also admit to a bt of squeamishness as regards eating another animal's private parts. Seems somewhat ghoulish.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 06, 2012, 09:57:47 am »
Inger
I tried fresh lamb testicles about a month ago. I peeled back 2or 3 layers of tough skin, and the inside was very tender.   -More gland like, as opposed to the more dense feel of organs. More delicate than pancreas. The flavor was not bad, mild, I'd even say I liked it, but I had a strange reaction. My husband is convinced it was psychosomatic, but I'm pretty  sure I had a testosterone rush. I had 3 medium bites. After swallowing the 3rd bite I had the most powerful stop with a bit of queasy. I stopped and a minute later I was comfortable, but I thought I'd wait another day to eat more. Less than an hour later I felt a like I needed to stretch my legs. I went outside and felt like running so I ran, with surprising speed and endurance. When I got home I thought I'd be tired but I was fidgety most of the night. The next day I was wiped out, really drained. It sounds like a rush the way I described it, but I felt that my body rejected it and it burned me out. Not a good energy. Not like coffee, I felt power, but not my type of power, so it felt off. I think this would be great for men, I want to try ovaries. I can get nice fish eggs, but I want to try mammal to see what my reaction is. The testicle I had was butchered that day and never frozen. If you try it, I would go slow and see how you feel.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 06, 2012, 11:39:09 am »
How interesting, Adora!
I would love to get some fish eggs...I've had them a few times only, and they were SO delicious!  Seems like those would be beneficial for us girls ;-)! 
But I do want to try testicles as well.  I'm interested to see how I react!  I *think* I can get them from NorthStar Bison ranch...unfortuently my local grass-fed farm doesn't want to go through the trouble of getting whatever permit you need to sell the weird bits because its not profitable enough. :-(
Speaking of bison, I have some kidney, roasts, and marrow bones waiting for me when I get home from work!  My FIRST FRESH RAW meat!!!!!!  I can't wait!!!! :-D

CitrusHigh

« Reply #959 on: January 06, 2012, 11:45:16 am »
haha wow! I love that kind of enthusiasm!

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 06, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »
haha wow! I love that kind of enthusiasm!
haha thanks ;-)
I just ate some.  and OH MY is it delicious!!!!!!!!  And the marrow (mixed with honey) is like my new favorite dessert...I wish it wasn't so pricey or I'd buy TONS.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep buying frozen beef marrow bones and getting the bison marrow as a treat.  But I think I'm spoiled now on the fresh meat...WOW! :-P...   <-------------drooling

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »
But I do want to try testicles as well.

Testicles are reputed to be good for women's skin. (Warning: AFAIK, they are not halal, so if you have a good meat source that is a halal butcher, don't ask for them there.)
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 06, 2012, 09:51:54 pm »
Adora,
that is really interesting! Thank you for sharing!
Mmmm.. I guess I will not try testicles though. I was thinking, something like that could happend.. ;)
Why is no one eating ovaries, though? I have never heard of that. But sure about tribes eating testicles.
Maybe woman was not allowed to get stronger.. HA. Like "womanly" stronger, the same way that men get "man" energy from certain foods ;).
I dunno, but sure I believe it has something to it, eating certain animals part for certain things.
I do feel my heart strengthens from/after eating elks heart, I do. I kinda feel stronger/more with my heart. :)

I love fish-roe by the way! Always had. We had them as kids occasionally, cooked. In Norway it is common food.
So yummy!

Sile,
so happy you found out how great raw meat tastes!!!
It is yummy, indeed. So much better than cooked! :)
There are also a lot of recipes to try out with raw meat if one likes for variety. But it actually tastes so yummy by itself I mostly eat it plain.
I never had bonemarrow with honey... sounds dangerously good - like one could be seariously addicted.. >D

Inger
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:56:16 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #963 on: January 06, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »
Testicles are reputed to be good for women's skin. (Warning: AFAIK, they are not halal, so if you have a good meat source that is a halal butcher, don't ask for them there.)

Off-topic:

I'm a man and I'm thinking of a more regular source of testicular nutrition... har har har.  >D
(sorry ladies, the first thing that popped in my mind)

On-topic:

I had 3 squids this evening.

Later I had some durian.

And much later lemon with honey in water juice.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 07, 2012, 02:50:49 am »
Mmmm squids!  I love them!

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 07, 2012, 08:45:18 pm »
A typical day of my raw paleo diet:

breakfast: never ever
lunch: 3 bananas + a big pot of fresh raw coconut milk
in the afternoon: one pound of raw tuna
dinner: green salad

I usually eat 18 hours per day absolutely nothing.

Raw coconut fat + white meat works much better for me than animal fat + red meat.

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 08, 2012, 03:53:22 am »
Lowenherz are you able to get the very dark coconuts with the really fatty meat, or the light tan ones with the less fattier meat?  Doesn't seem to be a lot of fat in the tan ones.   And I'm not talking about the white ones they sell.   And how are you expressing the fat out of the meat?   thanks

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 09, 2012, 06:58:26 am »
The other night I had 8 lambs tongues. well 7 ish and the rest went to the pooch.

perhaps not a common catch in nature, but hey...what the heck.  :-*

I also had a buffalo spleen recently.  Thats a really strange organ to eat strait up separately  (not in a mix).

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:48 am »
Today I tried bison kidney.  It has an interesting taste, that I can't quite put my finger on to describe.  Not sure if I like it yet.  But it was fine mixed in with the pieces of bison roast.  But the little chunk of fat that was along the middle is super yummy! :-P
I also had a bunch of coconut cream yesterday night, that made me feel AWFUL.  Lets just say it went riiiight through me, and made me nauseous.  I had a sneaking suspicion that coconuts (or at least the imported, probably dipped in something nasty ones we get in WI) don't quite agree with me, and I think it is true unfortunetly. 
I am having the toughest time finding a good, affordable source of fat.  The bison marrow bones are way too expensive for me to get enough (I ate 2 lbs of them in 2 days, no problem!), I can get beef marrow bones but they are frozen and sometimes have a knuckle in the pack with them, coconut cream is a no-go now, obviously, and I'm not sure about dairy.  I REALLY wish I could get goat milk to make kefir, because I always seemed to do fine with goat dairy, but so far no luck anywhere around here.  I can get Jersey cow milk for $6 per gallon...so I might try making butter out of that...I get about 1lb of butter from 1 gallon of milk, so its less than the bison marrow at least!!! :-P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:27:56 am by SileIndigo »

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 09, 2012, 08:03:52 am »
I wish I could eat ovaries too. Has anybody tried them?

My csa is also a dairy, so they don't butcher girls. And I haven't seen any pigs or sheep left, for this year, but next summer I will have lots. And I know Nstar bison has them sometimes but you need to call, I don't need anything else from them so I would have to pay the shipping fee for just 1 set of ovaries. $$$$ Maybe if somebody on the site would like to add them to there next order then report we could all have the benefit of the info.
     I don't notice fish eggs have an effect on my hormones, but they have always from a freezer, love them
     I've been enjoying plain beef,  keifer cheese, suet, and marrow. I had tried lots of new stuff like , wild duck and goose, and adrenals which felt good to me but I only took a small bite each time with surrounding fat, also I tried kidney again. I had liver and heart which I like but I over did the liver and it was all very strong before I got this fresh cut. It feels so comforting to eat mouth watering muscle roast.
I HATE KIDNEY. I have tried so hard to like it. I have tried it raw, cooked (multiple ways), frozen, fresh (that is best the day it was taken from the animal, I have tried cow, lamb, and pig... and I have tried high kidney, I've tried them all lots of times, but nothing is tolerable. I want so bad to like it b/c my mind says that it's good for me and eventually I will like it, but not yet. Does anybody have any recipe ideas? Maybe if I mix it with lots of sauce. I haven't tried soaking it in milk, but that's next.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:24 am »
... ovaries... Has anybody tried them?

... And I know Nstar bison has them sometimes but you need to call, I don't need anything else from them so I would have to pay the shipping fee for just 1 set of ovaries. ...
     ... goose, and adrenals which felt good to me but I only took a small bite each time with surrounding fat, also I tried kidney again. ...
I HATE KIDNEY. I have tried so hard to like it. I have tried it raw, cooked (multiple ways), frozen, fresh (that is best the day it was taken from the animal, I have tried cow, lamb, and pig... and I have tried high kidney, I've tried them all lots of times, but nothing is tolerable. I want so bad to like it b/c my mind says that it's good for me and eventually I will like it, but not yet. Does anybody have any recipe ideas? Maybe if I mix it with lots of sauce. I haven't tried soaking it in milk, but that's next.

I have heard soaking in milk helps with kidneys. I think WAPF people ferment everything including fermenting meats in whey as a starter medium maybe?  How long did you ferment the kidneys? How did you do it? I can't stand them unless they're wet fermented in a cold jar for weeks, and then they not only taste tolerable but also have very visible good effect on my body.

I have eaten ovary a few times.  No matter how I've eaten it (and it was always raw and fresh) it never gave me any hint of a bad reaction. I think it's good for me.

I've tried testicle. It tasted gross even though grassfed fresh etc. I won't bother eating it again. One of my cats threw up from it and she doesn't trust much food from me because of it.

Today I drank milk that's been sitting in a warm room for a week. It's like thick rich creamy slightly tart tasty yogurt.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2012, 12:05:09 pm »
Limpets.
Unfortunately no sea urchin today though.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:26 pm »
I wish I could eat ovaries too. Has anybody tried them?

My csa is also a dairy, so they don't butcher girls. And I haven't seen any pigs or sheep left, for this year, but next summer I will have lots. And I know Nstar bison has them sometimes but you need to call, I don't need anything else from them so I would have to pay the shipping fee for just 1 set of ovaries. $$$$ Maybe if somebody on the site would like to add them to there next order then report we could all have the benefit of the info.
     I don't notice fish eggs have an effect on my hormones, but they have always from a freezer, love them
     I've been enjoying plain beef,  keifer cheese, suet, and marrow. I had tried lots of new stuff like , wild duck and goose, and adrenals which felt good to me but I only took a small bite each time with surrounding fat, also I tried kidney again. I had liver and heart which I like but I over did the liver and it was all very strong before I got this fresh cut. It feels so comforting to eat mouth watering muscle roast.

hi, the way I like to eat kidneys is that I blend it with r. milk and make a smoothie. Sometimes i will sweeten it a little with dates. Usually room temperature

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »
Raw ripe jack fruit.

Coconut juice and coconut meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33:54 am »
Lowenherz are you able to get the very dark coconuts with the really fatty meat, or the light tan ones with the less fattier meat?  Doesn't seem to be a lot of fat in the tan ones.   And I'm not talking about the white ones they sell.   And how are you expressing the fat out of the meat?   thanks

Young coconuts of all kinds are useless because their fat content is very low. If I can't get fresh fully ripe high quality coconuts (which is often the case in Germany, unfortunately) I use prefrozen meat from ripe coconuts.

I make coconut milk with a blender and sieve. It's quick and easy. A good ratio is 1:1, for example 200ml water and 200g coconut meat.

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk