Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529690 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2010, 09:54:14 am »
Today was ground beef day, no plants, boring but good!
Breakfast - ground beef
Dinner - ground beef
Snack - raw aged cheddar piece and a small espresso (I had a work meeting at Starbucks so they made me order it, lol)
Supper - ground beef...then some organic black tea infused with cardamom and clove oil
my tummy feels good, ground beef is yummy, I am used to ripping through steaks and bones the past few days, its nice to eat ground meat with a fork for a change....its like I am having porridge  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2010, 02:54:22 pm »
The whole point of this thread is to give newbies an idea of what raw foods to eat, in what quantity etc: Therefore mentioning consumption of pasteurised butter, Big Macs, tea or coffee or cheddar is not at all  kosher, and anyway utterly irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. In future, kindly restrict mention to rawpalaeo foods, only.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »
Raw beef for early lunch

Then on to the meeting.

Green tea at the coffee shop.
(hopefully least harmful)

Had some chico fruit at the office.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2010, 04:23:05 pm »
The whole point of this thread is to give newbies an idea of what raw foods to eat, in what quantity etc: Therefore mentioning consumption of pasteurised butter, Big Macs, tea or coffee or cheddar is not at all  kosher, and anyway utterly irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. In future, kindly restrict mention to rawpalaeo foods, only.

But why not mention raw cheese? Cause it's not paleo? So then we can't mention raw butter and raw milk?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »
But why not mention raw cheese? Cause it's not paleo? So then we can't mention raw butter and raw milk?

I would prefer all mention of non-palaeo or non-raw foods to be made in other threads. After all, there has to be a strict guideline otherwise people will just blindly post about eating Big Macs sooner or later, and the like.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2010, 06:14:23 pm »
Mention what ever you want.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »
Premium brand culotte (not) roast. One of those keep me going for a couple of days and it tastes great. Beautiful coat of fat.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:37 pm »
Mention what ever you want.

Yes. Participants should tell what they really eat and not what they are supposed to eat by whatever rawfood/paleo/... taliban. Otherwise the reports would be misleading.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2010, 08:19:20 pm »
freshly juiced pineapple.
I'm in a mall and this is what they got.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2010, 08:22:28 pm »
Yes. Participants should tell what they really eat and not what they are supposed to eat by whatever rawfood/paleo/... taliban. Otherwise the reports would be misleading.
  The whole purpose of this thread is for newbies to find out about what RAWPALAEO foods people are eating and in what amounts, the mention of non-rawpalaeo foods is therefore absolutely irrelevant, and useless  as information. It is accepted that we all make some sort of compromise here and there, such as occasionally eating some cooked foods during social occasions with cooked-foodists or eating some cooked foods because we have a difficult spouse/partner or whatever, but there is no point in mentioning eating such dodgy fare in this thread, as it has nothing to do with the original purpose of this thread. If you want to post about eating Big Macs, tea, pasteurised butter or whatever nonsense, then I suppose someone should start a different joke-thread in the hot topics forum where people can report what cooked rubbish they are currently eating.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:56:17 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2010, 08:37:50 pm »
I agree to the wisdom of Tyler's inputs.
Let's keep this thread raw paleo.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
I think the same as TD and GS.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2010, 10:14:54 pm »
someone should start a different joke-thread in the hot topics forum where people can report what cooked rubbish they are currently eating.

Doesn't sound a bad idea.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2010, 12:14:18 am »
for dinner and breakfast I had 1 large fresh kidney with fat, and .5 lbs of frozen liver, both aged in the fridge somewhat. with 3 large Slankers bones. Still made it in time for Mc Donald's breakfast.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2010, 12:55:33 am »

Tyler, since you are the initiator of this thread may I suggest that you modify its title in something like “What paleo stuff are you eating raw right now?”. It would therefore be unambiguous.   

Francois 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2010, 01:05:40 am »
Fine, I will change the title and also add a new hot topics forum where people can list what cooked crap they have just eaten.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2010, 02:04:32 am »
   I would prefer all mention of non-palaeo or non-raw foods to be made in other threads. After all, there has to be a strict guideline otherwise people will just blindly post about eating Big Macs sooner or later, and the like.

You are really going to compare grassfed, but not raw, butter to a fast food burger? That is like saying that if I sear my grassfed steak, I might as well eat a Snicker's bar.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2010, 02:14:13 am »
You are really going to compare grassfed, but not raw, butter to a fast food burger? That is like saying that if I sear my grassfed steak, I might as well eat a Snicker's bar.
Not really.  The point is that it`s the thin end of the wedge. If we allow some leeway re pemmican or other rubbish, then people will inevitably broaden the boundaries until discussion of Big Macs and other rubbish is reached. Besides, given the large number of people here who are seriously allergic towards dairy of any kind but who can tolerate some cooked foods a bit better than the dairy, it is necessary not to mention dairy in this thread, to avoid it being erroneously seen as healthy. Sure, a minority of people here do fine on all dairy or even tolerate most cooked foods; but the majority`s viewpoint has to be held up, more, for obvious reasons.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2010, 06:10:18 am »
... Still made it in time for Mc Donald's breakfast.
LOL! I enjoy the humor. Still, Tyler and GS have got a point. People are free to post about their sausage McMuffins in their journals and the hot topics area, so it doesn't seem like an onerous request to keep McMuffins, Big Macs and raw cheese out of here.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2010, 07:45:38 am »

Today I had 6 cups raw wild blueberries for breakfast, 1/2 pound raw buffalo liver for lunch, and 1 kg unheated honeycomb for dinner. I intended to eat only a bit of honey, but it tasted so good and I couldn't stop eating until it was all gone. This weekend, I plan to buy a fresh frame of honey.

This is a 100 percent raw paleo menu, and is a perfect example for newbies of "what raw foods to eat, in what quantity".

Of course, I'm just kidding. klowcarb's "SAD" menu is much healthier than my example. The point I want to make, is that the split of the "what are you eating" thread into "approved" and "unapproved" food is quite artificial. I suggest we put the threads together, and let people decide for themselves what's healthy. Everyone here, even newbies, know what food is considered rawpaleo and what isn't. It's not rocket science.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2010, 08:03:06 am »
Good point michael! Did you really eat so much blueberries and honey  -v  Anyways it made me laugh...
It's so true that I had days where I ate raw paleo but in such horrendous quantities or so badly combined that I should have eaten a burger patty and some fried eggs instead! Raw paleo foods eaten wrongly can be just as bad IMO!

Like would you choose to eat bananas with nuts, or a seared lamb kabob...the choice is obvious.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #296 on: October 08, 2010, 08:04:21 am »
I'm eating 20 extra-large oysters(some of which are double-oysters, not just one). What are you eating right now?

Red leaf organically grown curly lettuce, and giving some of it to my rodents (I only have caged) to eat too.  

Edit:    Oops, that looks like I might eat the rodents.  Didn't mean to say that, as it would be a misimpression.  I've had no thought of eating rodents, yet.  I know they can be eaten.  I saw an East Indian documentary where a family lives on them.

Fine, I will change the title and also add a new hot topics forum where people can list what cooked crap they have just eaten.

Thanks for changing the name.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 08, 2010, 08:19:26 am »
Tyler, I agree. This is a raw paleo forum. I am mixed ZC, meaning mixed cooked and raw. I should point out that my 'cooked' is as less as possible. Unfortunately, while I love raw beef, raw eggs make me sick so I do like them cooked or hard-boiled.

Believe me, I love raw meats and especially raw marrow! I will respect the rules of the forum and post about my raw lifestyle when I can. I feel healthiest eating ZC nearly raw or rare, and do find pemmican to be a ZC junk food. That said, I do believe that excepting dairy intolerance, butter, grassfed and organic, is an extremely health-giving food.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
Today I had 6 cups raw wild blueberries for breakfast, 1/2 pound raw buffalo liver for lunch, and 1 kg unheated honeycomb for dinner. I intended to eat only a bit of honey, but it tasted so good and I couldn't stop eating until it was all gone. This weekend, I plan to buy a fresh frame of honey.

How much does that honey cost you per kilo? And the blueberries too.. I don't know wtf 6 cups means.. Cups could be 50ml-1000ml, but how much do they cost you anyway? Blueberries and Honeycomb are both pretty expensive here.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2010, 11:03:01 am »
Good point michael! Did you really eat so much blueberries and honey  -v  Anyways it made me laugh...

How much does that honey cost you per kilo? And the blueberries too.. I don't know wtf 6 cups means.. Cups could be 50ml-1000ml, but how much do they cost you anyway? Blueberries and Honeycomb are both pretty expensive here.

I was joking. I made up that menu to illustrate that a diet consisting of "approved" top-quality rawpaleo foods is not automatically healthy. Local honeycomb here costs about 8-10 CDN dollars for 350-400 grams. If I were to buy a whole frame, I could probably get a lower price per kilo. A cup is 250ml. I've seen a pint (two cups) of wild Ontario blueberries cost $6 at one market, and $9 at another market. But I usually gather my own wild berries instead of buying them.

A long time ago, I ate about 200g honeycomb in one sitting, and it made me nauseous. If I were to force-feed myself 1kg honey, I would probably vomit or get diarrhea.

My real menu for today looked like this:
half a watermelon in the morning
2 eggs around noon
2 eggs and ********************* at 4pm
1.5 pounds beef, followed by some ****** and a bit of honey at 7pm
********************* at 9pm and some more eggs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk