Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 530577 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2010, 03:52:07 pm »
I'm wary to mix meats from different species and I guess it would very seldom happen in nature.  
I think that it would happen.
Different kinds of carrior scattered in proximity - that's probable.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2010, 10:59:16 pm »
I wonder how many different animal species meats can you eat in a single meal without feeling heavy! I always eat the meat from a single specie per meal (although as much as I want, sometimes a lot), as I feel satisfied with that. I'm wary to mix meats from different species and I guess it would very seldom happen in nature. 

do you want the red ribbon or the blue?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 30, 2010, 11:21:36 pm »
do you want the red ribbon or the blue?

Please clarify what you mean in a way understandable to someone whose mother tongue is not English, since I translate it in French by "Tu veux le ruban rouge ou le bleu ?" which doesn't make sense to me.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 30, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »
yeah, this all sounds great man.

you've definitely out 'varried' me even though I am trying.

did you grate the jicama?

thanks kd, i try

i just cut the skin off the jicama and ate it like an apple. those things are deliciously juicy

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2010, 11:40:56 pm »
I wonder how many different animal species meats can you eat in a single meal without feeling heavy! I always eat the meat from a single specie per meal (although as much as I want, sometimes a lot), as I feel satisfied with that. I'm wary to mix meats from different species and I guess it would very seldom happen in nature. 

i definitely see what you're saying and agree with you for the most part. however, it's nearly impossible for me to get that variety of organs and stuff from the same animal. im just doing the best i can. but i think eating all the organs and meat from one animal would probably be better. BUT, i haven't noticed any problems from mixing different species' meats and organs in a meal

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:50 pm »
BUT, i haven't noticed any problems from mixing different species' meats and organs in a meal
Is there any way to prove that mixing would cause any problems?
I mean - on biochemical level.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2010, 12:07:23 am »
Is there any way to prove that mixing would cause any problems?
I mean - on biochemical level.

I don't think it would cause serious problems, just making digestion more complex and perhaps more difficult due to different types of proteins needing different types of enzymes. The more different things you eat in a meal, the more your digestion is difficult.  

I remember that when I ate cooked food, I didn't like eating meats from different animal species in the  same meal, it made my digestion very heavy.  
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2010, 02:05:40 am »
BUT, i haven't noticed any problems from mixing different species' meats and organs in a meal
  When I first went rawpalaeo, I had various mildly increased problems if I mixed meats/organs from different animals in the same meal. However, my digestive system was very seriously damaged at the time, and once my digestive system started healing properly after cutting out raw dairy from the diet, I never experienced this issue again when mixing such different meats/organs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2010, 02:21:19 am »
I don't think it would cause serious problems, just making digestion more complex and perhaps more difficult due to different types of proteins needing different types of enzymes. The more different things you eat in a meal, the more your digestion is difficult.  
When you kill an animal and eat some liver, kidneys, heart and muscle-meats you eat foods that have got different amino acid profiles. 
That's 100% natural. Wild Animals do that all the time.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2010, 03:31:02 am »
Has anyone eaten like 800g fat in a day? And has anyone done this and eaten virtually nothing else, or only eaten some meat as well but no vegetables/fruit?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 01, 2010, 03:43:49 am »
When you kill an animal and eat some liver, kidneys, heart and muscle-meats you eat foods that have got different amino acid profiles.  
That's 100% natural. Wild Animals do that all the time.

No problem that way. There’s something specific to each animal specie in their proteins’ structure and you’ll find the same specificity in the proteins of their different organs.

The proteins of an animal of another specie have a different specificity. Our body must break the proteins of, for example, a deer, into amino acids and then reassemble those amino acids to built specific human proteins.

It’s like you can built your house with the bricks and tiles of another house, but you won’t be able to built it the way you want by taking the entire walls and the entire roof of another house.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2010, 04:09:23 am »
Has anyone eaten like 800g fat in a day? And has anyone done this and eaten virtually nothing else, or only eaten some meat as well but no vegetables/fruit?
  A few years  ago, I would sometimes just eat huge amounts of marrow in any 1 day, and nothing else at all. I didn't have any issues with that, though of course I wasn't doing RZC all the time then, just on specific days at random.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:44 am »
Fatty part of the wild deer

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2010, 04:30:58 am »
LOL! You're very funny!

Tonight I had about half of a moufflon's rear leg  :P, a small organic brocoli, some organic carrots, then hazelnuts from my land, apples also from my orchard, and finally some of my own prunes home-dried.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:43:00 am by Iguana »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »

Tonight I had about half of a moufflon's rear leg  :P, a small organic brocoli, some organic carrots, then hazelnuts from my land, apples also from my orchard, and finally some of my own prunes home-dried.

All (more or less) in one meal? And gcb makes such combinations too (meat - sweet fruit or meat - nuts - sweet fruit or nuts - sweet fruit)?
For me, avoiding such combinations is the most important rule within the raw food diet.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2010, 05:10:02 pm »
Yes, more or less in one meal, but with a time span between each, especially after the meat. I know it's not recommended to eat so many different stuff in a single meal but I was very hungry last night and my subsequent digestion was fine. It was not in the sequence you say "(meat - sweet fruit or meat - nuts - sweet fruit or nuts - sweet fruit)", but meat - vegetables - nuts - fresh fruit - dried fruit.

It's all up to how you feel and it's not everyday like this for me. In the tropics, I'm generally satisfied with half of 20kg jackfruit for lunch and a dozen of sea turtle eggs for diner. Nothing else.

GCB waits now at least 30 to 45 minutes to eat something else after the meat. I find that, yes, he eats a lot of different things in a meal, but in rather small amounts and with a long time span in-between.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2010, 05:55:31 pm »
For me, avoiding such combinations is the most important rule within the raw food diet.
True, very true.
But it applies also to cooked food diets.
"Sequential eating" is of paramount importance for me.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 06, 2010, 04:34:43 am »
Yup...one of the reasons cooked food makes me feel so shitty is because a lot of cooked meals are many different ingredients combined, eating one single cooked food unmixed does not produce the same shitty feeling, although it doesn't produce any positive feeling like raw food does.

I think raw diet and sequential eating are both important but two very different things.
For example you can eat a mostly cooked diet but eat sequentially and you will still feel better then on mixed cooked diet.
Alternately you can eat all raw paleo but if you eat everything together you will get that same shitty feeling.

For me I need about half an hour usually after eating one food to move on to the next if I am still hungry, provided if the food is raw.

As for the raw paleo foods I am eating, well, I am eating raw meat now but its grain-fed so not that paleo :P
I am just doing this for fun, for a little change/experiment, they sell some delicious steaks of grain-fed beef and its incredibly tasty and not too expensive. I have to say I like how some grain-fed beef have a fatty marbling its nice to have the fat lined into the muscle flesh yum.
Yesterday I had a huge steak (warmed up but still raw) and I ate a large amount of bone marrow, nice fresh bone marrow was like unsweetened ice cream.  :D
Then my usual sauerkraut salad (yes its mixed but the foods involved are very related, that makes a difference for me)....
then some apples and a ripe persimmon.

Today I didn't have a good start, my parents bought a fancy hummus and I had to have some because its not just hummus - it was Truffle hummus, if you ever had some good truffles you'll know why I ate it  :P
Later I will have raw muscle meat but I will wait like few hours because of the hummus, if it was something raw I ate I'd only need to wait like half an hour  :P

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 06, 2010, 09:59:10 am »
grass fed bison, well earlier ;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 06, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »
Over the last few days:
Red Apples; Red Grapes; Pomegranates; A Pineapple; Oranges; Red Grapefruits; Contents of a Marrow Bone; Whole Ox heart; Whole Ox Liver.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #495 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:53 pm »
Raw wild stagmeat and some raw (nonorganic) fruit as usual.

Years ago, I used to be very wary of eating such lean meats like venison and would pour raw marrow on the plate in huge amounts, but, these days, raw lean meat appears to be fine as long as I have a few carbs now and then.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2010, 06:21:10 am »
I ate very good, very tasty raw organic chicken last night.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/12/07/organic-chicken-from-pamora-farm-is-delicious/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 07, 2010, 12:13:19 pm »
I ate raw beets and a pile of apples. It's all I had a taste for today.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 07, 2010, 03:00:04 pm »
I ate raw beets and a pile of apples. It's all I had a taste for today. 
No need to eat any animal products?  :)

Offline Rawdietforhealth

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 07, 2010, 05:24:11 pm »
6 fresh young coconuts (water and meat) throughout the day, 600 g raw beef and steamed sweet potato with olive oil (breakfast), 400 g sashimi tuna (lunch), two raw fertilized organic duck eggs, a raw tomato and a raw cucumber for dinner, juice from a whole calabash (upo)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk