Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529503 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #675 on: February 06, 2011, 01:29:26 am »
OK, thanks. There is no Whole Foods in my state yet, nor Trader Joe's for that matter.

Well the secret (or at least as far as my knowledge) is that all markets and supermarkets generally go to the same fish markets. So basically if I buy wild scallops at Stop & Shop, its like the same shit at WF only like $8.00 cheaper per lb. If you trust that your market is wild and unfrozen, caught within a day or so, then it should be good to eat, particularly if it is whole.

---
here are some recent stuff. The blow with my scissors did not kill this beast, and even after I cut its whole upper body/head off it still was moving around. So much for amnesty from a pot of boiling water.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #676 on: February 06, 2011, 02:46:55 am »
One is supposed to put lobsters into the freezer compartment for an hour or so, which makes them fall into suspended animation. Then you can kill them without them being aware, let alone crawling around.

*I have recently been eating lots of this "vogerlsalat" - normally in the UK, I have a raw salad about once a year at most, but this new salad is unusually tasty. I have also been eating raw wild boar and a couple of oranges at the moment.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 06, 2011, 04:13:04 am »
Well the secret (or at least as far as my knowledge) is that all markets and supermarkets generally go to the same fish markets. So basically if I buy wild scallops at Stop & Shop, its like the same shit at WF only like $8.00 cheaper per lb.
I haven't seen much in the way of whole fish at any of my local markets, but I'll continue to keep my eye out. For a few weeks out of the year one local market has small quantities of expensive whole sardines for sale. I tried them and unfortunately found the guts to be bitter, as someone else mentioned above.

Someone even takes the trouble of cleaning out the tiny little smelt sold at the local Shaws supermarket and the even tinier sardines in the cans (I wouldn't want that job :D ). The modern aversion to guts goes to laughable extremes at times.

I see lots of egg cartons in your photo. How many eggs did you eat at once?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 06, 2011, 04:19:48 am »

I see lots of egg cartons in your photo. How many eggs did you eat at once?

I usually just eat 6 a day at once in the morning. sometimes 12. sometimes none. On a few rare occasions I've had alot more. Sometimes I will eat some when I get back from work/gym if I havn't been letting any other food sit out. Then i'll have a later dinner.

here was like a bender of not cleaning up after myself. I ate tons of suet this week and theres an orange peel and some other crap strew about.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 06, 2011, 04:30:06 am »
With eating all those eggs, have your irises lightened at all (greener or bluer)?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:10 am »
With eating all those eggs, have your irises lightened at all (greener or bluer)?

actually yeah, I don't know if it is the eggs, but I have those sought after greens. Although growing up I had hazel, which is closer to green I guess. They have some brownish center it seems though. Probably indicative of something ominous. :)

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 06, 2011, 05:32:05 am »
probably the t-virus ;D

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 06, 2011, 08:28:07 pm »
Do you have junk food days ?

Today I woke up ate HUGE SALAD WITH TONS OF CHEESE + 2 HUGE SANDWICHES WITH PORK MEAT COMMERCIAL OF COURSE
+ HUGE BOWEL OF CHOCOLATE CEREAL AND 1LITER OF COMERCIAL MILK

+half liter orange juice

now of for some teaaa

The funny thing is that I feel alright I dont eat shit often but this time I feel gooood really good lol

I have totally sinned today forgive me please guys

EDIT:

Been few hours now I feel very sad the food is still in my stomach dont have any cramps but I do feel little dizziness and want to vomit but I wont it wil disapear after half hour.

Every month I have a junk food day but it always reminds me why I should stick to raw paleo
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:01:43 pm by achillezzz »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 07, 2011, 12:51:26 am »
Do you have junk food days ?

I used to have junk food days. Not anymore though, I just do not desire junk food anymore and feel it is only net negative.
People ask me "don't you just want to have a soda sometime?" The answer is no. Never.
I love fresh meat and fresh dairy. The only thing I eat that is not raw would be zizania or yams.
Edit/ Sometimes cooked broccoli/carrots too. And with fermented foods like sour kraut and kimchee to replenish some of the bacteria/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:03:25 am by actup90 »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 07, 2011, 04:13:40 am »
actually yeah, I don't know if it is the eggs, but I have those sought after greens. Although growing up I had hazel, which is closer to green I guess. They have some brownish center it seems though. Probably indicative of something ominous. :)
The cysteine in egg yolks and other foods (like poultry, garlic, onions, broccoli and Brussels sprouts) reportedly inhibits melanin production. The remaining brown in your eyes probably just means you have enough melanin production to maintain some brown, or that you have a lethal disease. (joke)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 08, 2011, 02:29:56 am »
I ate 5 of my own hens eggs late this morning, then litchis and bananas later and tonight I just had some of the last wild boar leg that I got on December 30.
It tastes great!

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #686 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:34 am »
The cysteine in egg yolks and other foods (like poultry, garlic, onions, broccoli and Brussels sprouts) reportedly inhibits melanin production.

Where is it reported? Does it matter whether the cysteine is raw or cooked for this effect?  I avoided cooked egg yolks, baked desserts that had eggs altogether, and hated cooked broccoli and brussel sprouts as a kid, yet loved other green vegetables cooked or raw and had no problem with saltines, plain rice and little problem with non-sweet bread.  My melanin production can be spotty.  Was I unconsciously avoiding and hating those foods because they put too much stress on my already messed up melanogenesis or something maybe?  Presently I dislike onions and garlic, and I tried lightly cooked chicken, and it seemed to affect me very badly, whereas raw chicken is great, and even cooked beef bone I can tolerate in moderation rarely.  Raw kale has made me sick (isn't that broccoli-like?).

I've been loving raw liver lately, it gives me fantastic dreams (when sleeping right after eating).  Just ate some a minute ago.  Each day this week I ate chicken liver, calf liver and beef liver, all pasture raised.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #687 on: February 08, 2011, 06:27:59 am »
I am now having  1 half-kilo of raw "seelachsfilet" whatever fish that is in English!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:48:37 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 08, 2011, 08:44:21 am »
"seelachsfilet"

That sounds delicious,

I had swordfish last night  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:48:51 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2011, 04:29:53 am »
That sounds delicious,

Hehe. That's the reason why we say "Seelachs" in Germany. The original german name is "Köhler", which sounds not very attracting to customers. Lachs means salmon but "Seelachs" has nothing to do with the salmon species. Seelachs in english: pollack. I can't eat much of it...

Löwenherz

Offline Bronwen

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Yoga & Wellbeing
« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2011, 06:39:31 pm »
Last night I got given a whole IMPALA from one of my yoga students whose husband runs a game farm! Was killed last week, he hung it for  a few days and then got thier butcher to cut it up for me. I have had to freeze all the 'meal-size' cuts, but enough space in my fridge for two legs.

Well, guess it's going to be wild impala for days to come! Had a tiny taste after class last night as I was unpacking and freezing, delicious. The dogs thought so too!!
May I always maintain an open mind in my quest for TRUTH - "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr,Danish Physicist

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 10, 2011, 02:11:07 am »
Last night I got given a whole IMPALA from one of my yoga students whose husband runs a game farm! Was killed last week, he hung it for  a few days and then got thier butcher to cut it up for me. I have had to freeze all the 'meal-size' cuts, but enough space in my fridge for two legs.

Well, guess it's going to be wild impala for days to come! Had a tiny taste after class last night as I was unpacking and freezing, delicious. The dogs thought so too!!

Hi Bronwen,

as far as I know Impalas a very lean animals. I would like to know: Do they have fat at all? (backfat, kidney fat etc.)? Was it a grass fed animal?

Löwenherz

Offline Bronwen

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Yoga & Wellbeing
« Reply #692 on: February 10, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »
Hi Bronwen,

as far as I know Impalas a very lean animals. I would like to know: Do they have fat at all? (backfat, kidney fat etc.)? Was it a grass fed animal?

Löwenherz

Yes, you are right, they are very lean animals, no significant back or kidney fat. But will supplement with buying more fatty meats to give me some variation. Yes, grass fed, as in wild indigenous bush diet. It is a large game farm he runs with many large wild herbivores (rhino, zebra, eland, kudu, many antelope species). They also have a herd of wild goats and he says their meat is amazing, will give me half the next time he shoots for himself.
May I always maintain an open mind in my quest for TRUTH - "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr,Danish Physicist

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2011, 03:25:28 pm »
    Last I ate, maybe a half hour ago, was plain calf liver I had cut into bite size chunks without using metal.  I didn't eat or drink anything with it and no sauce/dip.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Bronwen

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Yoga & Wellbeing
« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:48 pm »
    Last I ate, maybe a half hour ago, was plain calf liver I had cut into bite size chunks without using metal.  I didn't eat or drink anything with it and no sauce/dip.

Is there a reason for not using metal to cut your liver? Does it give it a metallic taste? What about other raw meat?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:45 pm »
Even steaks I'm not so keen on, I prefer big hunks of meat. Something weird goes on with meat that's cut too thin, like it takes too much saliva from my mouth or something and messes up the taste and digestion.

I love the fat around the joints attached to beef leg bones, one of the more recent tastes that I've experienced(within the last few months) and I had some today.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Nuts?
« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2011, 02:12:09 am »
Yes, you are right, they are very lean animals, no significant back or kidney fat. ...

Geoff Bond mentions in his books that tribesman in the bush eat nuts as their main fat source.
That would compensate the very lean game meat.

Unfortunately I found all nuts I tried so far completely useless regarding nutrition. I get digestive trouble from nuts. Furthermore I always get moody if I eat more than a handful of (100%) raw nuts.

Are there fat wild animals in southern Africa available at all?

What are your experiences with nuts?

What do other members here think about eating nuts?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 12, 2011, 02:41:49 am »
I've never had any problems eating nuts, except that I didn't like very much walnuts before, but since last winter I began to like it and suddenly became able to eat a lot of them. I also like almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, macadamias, pine nuts, chestnuts, coconuts. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #698 on: February 12, 2011, 04:12:04 am »
What are your experiences with nuts?

I like all sorts of nuts. I eat never more than 150g but that's enough to satisfy me.

Unfortunately I found all nuts I tried so far completely useless regarding nutrition. I get digestive trouble from nuts. Furthermore I always get moody if I eat more than a handful of (100%) raw nuts.

Do you eat nuts mono? Or do you mix them with dried fruits? Sometimes digestive troubles arise from a lack of salt and therefore from a lack of gastric acid. Do you eat pure salt or drink seawater?

But maybe your body needs other stuff more than nuts at the moment. I would try different kinds of nuts from time to time and observe if the needs change.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 12, 2011, 08:17:46 am »

Unfortunately I found all nuts I tried so far completely useless regarding nutrition. I get digestive trouble from nuts.

the same for me.  when i tried to eat them, it was mono, no salt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk