Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529656 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #925 on: November 07, 2011, 01:22:06 am »
Yeah, the orange part consists of the eggs I believe. They are the best tasting part of scallops. I always get them from my local fishmonger, because the guy strives for quality in most of his goods(not the smoked products, but everything else).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 07, 2011, 10:05:28 pm »
Unfortunately my ancestors left the warm tropical places of our origins, smashed the forests to replace them with grain fields, proliferated, killed most of the giant birds, a large part of the wild fauna, most of the sea turtles who provided plenty of the most delicious eggs and...

That's my view, too.

But why left YOU the tropics and went to cold France?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 07, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
Because I was bored to be immediately considered as a foreigner at first sight and treated as such, I was bored to be informed too late that lazy inactive guys had called my wife a prostitute for the only reason that she was with me, she was bored of her own people too. Our son had to go to school somewhere and we chose Switzerland as he was a Swiss citizen (like me) since the Sri Lankan authorities refused to grant him the nationality of his mother and of the country where he was born!   >:
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 08, 2011, 05:56:00 am »
Because I was bored to be immediately considered as a foreigner at first sight and treated as such, I was bored to be informed too late that lazy inactive guys had called my wife a prostitute for the only reason that she was with me, she was bored of her own people too. Our son had to go to school somewhere and we chose Switzerland as he was a Swiss citizen (like me) since the Sri Lankan authorities refused to grant him the nationality of his mother and of the country where he was born!   >:
I understand. Not an easy situation for your family..

In a few days I will fly to Colombo again. Unfortunately currently in SL many negative developments take place to foster economic growth. The first highway is finished, many international profit-greedy companies smell the big deal, Russians buy land like crazy and the destruction of the environment accelerates.

Here is an article about Dole in SL:

http://news.mongabay.com/2011/0814-hance_srilanka_dole.html

Löwenherz

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 08, 2011, 12:43:21 pm »
It's the best part, called "roe" or "coral" but they don't always have it.

Thanks . You're really making me crave it.  Does it taste like sea urchin?  Fresh sea urchin tastes soooo good.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »
After three weeks of searching for another good source of food, I found someone who throws out more than I could possibly eat. They slaughter a couple of days a week and have garbage bags full of fat trimmings, heads, bones, and other scraps that normally go to the dump. It a Muslim family farm that sells almost exclusively to other Muslim families,and there isn't much market for fat trimmings or bone marrow among their costumers so I may be able to get it all for free.

What to do with over one hundred pounds of fat trimmings each week?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:41:43 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 09, 2011, 12:15:11 pm »
Sabertooth--is it grassfed?  I might buy some from you.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #932 on: November 09, 2011, 12:27:44 pm »
    I'm eating grass finished beef shank meat and marrow and chicken liver and Wee Bee honey with capping and shallot.

They slaughter a couple of days a week and have garbage bags of fat trimmings , heads, bones, and other scraps that normally go to the dump. It a Muslim family farm that sells almost exclusively to other Muslim families,and there isn't much market for fat trimmings, bone marrow among their costumers so I may be able to get it all for free.

I think I'd live on brains.  I wonder if anyone ever dieted on brains exclusively.  I've gotten a good amount of excellent grass fed raw fresh marrow from a halal butcher.  They had lots of best fat trim available too (sheep legs hanging etc).  True, seems like halal people don't eat meat's fat.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:51 am »
What are 'moderate' amounts for you? But I agree insofar as small amounts of fruit are ok. It depends on the fructose load.
I don´t know exactly. Personally, I seem to do fine with up to about 150 g of carbs a day, mainly from fruit (almost exclusively non-acidic fruit). Let´s say these carbs were all from banana (which usually is not the case). In this case, I would have eaten maximally 700 g banana. That would be about 24 g fructose.

Glucose (Traubenzucker) 3786 mg/100g
Fructose (Fruchtzucker) 3636 mg/100g
Monosaccharide (1 M) 7422 mg/100g
Saccharose (Rübenzucker) 11016 mg/100g
Disaccharide (2 M) 11016 mg/100g
Stärke 2952 mg/100g
http://www.fox-time.com/live/rivaldo-feeding/getreidefreies-muesli/inhaltsstoffe-bananen.php

High fruit + High fat usually creates problems in most people, like candida, blood sugar swings, digestive trouble, diabetes etc.
Why? Any reference?
I eat foods rich in carbs separate from foods rich in fat or protein, meaning I eat them at different meals. Very important to me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:39:21 am by Hanna »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:30 pm »
I don´t know exactly. Personally, I seem to do fine with up to about 150 g of carbs a day, mainly from fruit (almost exclusively non-acidic fruit).
That would be about 24 g fructose.
I eat foods rich in carbs separate from foods rich in fat or protein, meaning I eat them at different meals. Very important to me.

On my raw food diet ten years ago I wouldn't have understand the question here. Today I know that 150 g of carbs from fruit per day is too much for my body. Not because I can't handle or digest it or because I don't like the taste, but because of the already caused damages by fruit. The fructose constantly attacks our joints, skin etc. Google 'fructose glycation'. It's NOT just a theory. Unfortunately it's real and it is sneaky because the physical defects need a long time to become visible (for example in form of alligator skin). Fortunately the damage can be reversed, at least partially. You need some high quality animal protein + raw fats of highest quality. The more saturated, the better, IMO.

What kind of fats do you usually eat? And how long have you been following a raw paleo style diet?

Löwenherz

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
Google 'fructose glycation'.

Yes, but isn't it a reaction between sugars and proteins, thus the recommendation not to eat fruits (and other sweet foods) and proteins at the same time?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:28 pm »
Thanks . You're really making me crave it.  Does it taste like sea urchin?  Fresh sea urchin tastes soooo good.

I don't know since I only once tasted a sea urchin long ago and didn't like it. I don't remember how it tasted...  I should try it again when I find some!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
I love raw sea-urchin eggs! Trouble is, the female sea urchins in my neighbourhood are canny survivors who like to hide in tiny inaccessible clefts in rocks.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2011, 05:31:50 pm »
Yes, but isn't it a reaction between sugars and proteins, thus the recommendation not to eat fruits (and other sweet foods) and proteins at the same time?

Yes, between sugars (especially fructose) and the proteins of your body! Most vulnerable to this type of damage called glycation seem to be the collagen and elastin protein fibers. Therefore skin and joint problems usually become visible first in individuals who have eaten high amounts of fruit for a long time (beside other side effects like fungal sysmptoms).

Löwenherz

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »
Sabertooth--is it grassfed?  I might buy some from you.
The beef is grassfed, I am not to sure about the lambs, because the guys brother raises all the sheep and I haven't gotten the chance to ask him yet. But they were just throwing away marrow bones, and fat trimmings by the garbage bag, of some of the best tasting stuff. I am going to try and talk with them about scheduling their slaughter days with me so that I can keep the choice scraps. I just don't know exactly how I would be able to sell it all. I may be able to freeze the excess after slaughter day and take orders and make deliveries. 
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 11, 2011, 03:58:42 am »
yum i am eating ground lamb with turkey egg yolk at the moment and was able to nab the lamb leg bone from the butcher.  the marrow is prettty chewy, i really like it

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:06 am »
The beef is grassfed, I am not to sure about the lambs, because the guys brother raises all the sheep and I haven't gotten the chance to ask him yet. But they were just throwing away marrow bones, and fat trimmings by the garbage bag, of some of the best tasting stuff. I am going to try and talk with them about scheduling their slaughter days with me so that I can keep the choice scraps. I just don't know exactly how I would be able to sell it all. I may be able to freeze the excess after slaughter day and take orders and make deliveries. 

I live in SW Virginia, so you could probably ship it to me pretty cheaply.  I'd be willing to pay shipping plus whatever cost you choose. 

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 11, 2011, 09:48:33 am »
Is it OK to eat any pig part as long as it is grass fed, marrow bones too?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 11, 2011, 12:02:33 pm »
Is it OK to eat any pig part as long as it is grass fed, marrow bones too?
Pigs don't eat grass.  Nearly all pork is fed a terrible diet, even "organic" and "pastured" pork.  It's not really worth eating , unless you can directly verify its diet.

But yes, any body part is fine.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »
Yeah Adora, Cherimoya isn't kidding, even though I've eaten quite a fair amount of raw pork from conventional sources (before I knew of "pastured" as a concept) and never suffered any ills that I can think of, it would behoove you to find a local source and triple check what the pigs are eating, ideally they are forested pigs, meaning they get to dig around for roots, mast (like acorns) and grubs. Pigs are true omnivores and will eat just about anything they can find, and that is what their diet should reflect, great variety.

You can read up on forested pigs by keying that in to google. Also will write you soon, I promise, just soooo busy, glad to see you are settling in!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #946 on: November 11, 2011, 01:23:06 pm »
Get wild boar if you can. That tastes wonderful.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 15, 2011, 02:41:00 am »
What kind of fats do you usually eat?
The complete range of "instincto" fats. I love fatty fish, coconut, soft bone marrow (if I can get some), and also brain, wild (sweet) avocados  - if I can get/afford them. However, I also eat quite a few nuts, such as walnuts.

And how long have you been following a raw paleo style diet?
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/re-fat-suettallow-and-butter's-place-in-instincto/msg77140/#msg77140

Today I know that 150 g of carbs from fruit per day is too much for my body. Not because I can't handle or digest it or because I don't like the taste, but because of the already caused damages by fruit. The fructose constantly attacks our joints, skin etc. Google 'fructose glycation'.
I googled and opened up a new thread about this topic: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/what-level-of-fructosesugarfruit-consumption-is-safe/new/#new

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:34 am »
HIR - the article you posted seems to have proved my point.

One of the biggest increases in intelligence was one student:

"Educated in the state sector, he told me he had struggled in his early years, needing remedial maths tuition, but is now planning a doctorate in computer engineering.

"I think the change came in school I started doing subjects that really interested me, that I was engaged in, then I found it easier and far more interesting."

The changes they say were in IQ and density of parts of the brain - not a change in brain size as far as I could find.

What he was thinking about and challenging his brain with changed. He became interested and engaged and started learning about new things. He was more actively using his brain.

And....... just because the study was done on teenagers doesn't mean it wouldn't be the same for adults. Elderly patients are told to try to learn something completely new and it can reduce dementia, alzheimers and increase memory.

Offline pubwvj

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 19, 2011, 06:37:26 am »
Pigs don't eat grass.  Nearly all pork is fed a terrible diet, even "organic" and "pastured" pork.

No, not true. Pigs do eat grass. We raise pastured pigs - the real deal. Our pigs eat hundreds of thousands of pounds of grass grazing on our 70 acres of pasture during the warm months and then over 100,000 lbs of stored pasture (e.g., hay) during the winter. Pigs definitely and truly DO eat grass.

Additionally, pasture is made up of a lot more than just 'grass'. There is also clover, alfalfa, trifoil and many other forages. Cows, pigs, sheep all eat these things. Then there is the brush, the brambles and those things if the pigs are lucky enough.

Your best bet is to get to know your farmer, or raise it yourself. That is an option.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk