Poll

Any true PD bodybuilders out there?

Primal Diet bodybuilding
1 (100%)
PD bodybuilding
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: 100% Primal Diet Bodybuilding  (Read 27018 times)

Offline Parker Reid

• Forager
    • View Profile
100% Primal Diet Bodybuilding
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:15 am »
Wanna here what, how, and where other 100% Primal Dieters are bodybuilding.  Survival of the fittest eh.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 100% Primal Diet Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:37:12 am »
Is "PD" supposed to be an acronym for "Paleo Diet"? Your poll is a bit confusing, because "PD" can also be an acronym for "Primal Diet".

I did some bodybuilding in the past on Raw Paleo, and went from a scrawny 120lbs to a much healthier 160lbs. I would like to eventually start bodybuilding again in the future, but I keep putting it off. In the summer, I find it much more fun to do outdoor sports such as bike riding.

Offline Parker Reid

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:52 am »
Yah when I say PD, I mean Primal Diet. Sorry about that. I've been rope climbing and barefoot running recently and wanted to see what others might be doing.  I'm not into stationary weight lifting, unless its with the weight of my own body. I'm in school so its hard to find the time and place to skateboard or snowboard, but if I could I would.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:09:48 pm »
I'm confused then.  Both options in your poll mean the exact same thing?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:47:52 pm »
What is the real difference between paleo diet and primal diet? Is it that primal diet has dairy in it? something else?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:56:38 pm »
What is the real difference between paleo diet and primal diet? Is it that primal diet has dairy in it? something else?
Primal dieters generally consume lots of raw dairy, eggs, green vege juice, lots of raw honey, aged muscle meats and for some reason 1 piece of fruit a day. In raw paleo it is recommended to get lots of fat and organ meats into the diet and as much fresh fruit and veges as you want.

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/hot-topics/what-is-the-difference-between-raw-paleo-and-aajonus-vonderplanitz's-diet/
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 02:24:52 pm »
Oh ok...in that case I prefer raw paleo! Some days I don't want any fruit at all...some days I eat lots of it. I have no craving for dairy, drinking milk either raw or not makes me want to gag, but I might eat small amount or aged raw cheese if I can find some. I would love to do some muscle building soon...now I just do biking so the only muscles I have are on my legs  -\

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:49:42 am »
ZC bodybuilding  ;D

Offline Parker Reid

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 09:44:38 am »
Oh yah I see what you mean. I didn't know what that post-fill-out was wanting so I just put both. My first post...

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:20 am »
There's actually a low-carb, high-fat cooked-food version (though you could make a raw version out of it, of course, and just forego the foods that require cooking to be edible, like winter squashes) of the Primal diet that has a much larger following than Aajonus' Natural-Hygiene-inspired version. It was developed by Mark Sisson and suggests dairy only as a lesser-evil option for people who won't eat enough fat otherwise or simply refuse to give up dairy (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-primal-blueprint/). Sisson calls it the "Primal Blueprint."

Aajonus' fans talk about how incredible Aajonus looks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BzZQfaba10&feature=player_embedded

Well, what about Mark Sisson? I don't follow his diet, but don't you think he looks pretty good too? Imagine how good he'd look if he ate raw.

Another self-described Primal dieter who doesn't eat like Aajonus:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:04:53 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:55:29 am »
^ Who is the bottom guy in the post above me?  I'd like to know his story

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »
I don't remember his name, sorry.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:14 pm »
^ Who is the bottom guy in the post above me?  I'd like to know his story

Apparently the photo is from a "twitter"-feed?
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 06:05:48 am »
Yes, thanks, it's Keith Norris. A brief bit of his story is at that link. I don't recall any more.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 06:12:10 am »
There are body builders who are already big guys/gals, and really all they need to do is to get that cut, muscular look.  Then they are underweight people who usually work out tons, and never gain anything, and usually just waste their muscle.  The primal diet bodybuilding is about becoming big and powerful, but that's only gonna work if your body is capable of growing.  Why are some skinny, and some big?  From what I know, eating raw paleo is the best way to grow. 

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »
Primal diet. Though i don NOT consider myself to be a bodybuilder. The term bodybuilder is most often used to describe to mindless, drug addicted, genetic freaks that dominate that world nowadays.

I have been doing HIT for several years with rather good results. Since going primal i improved quite a bit. For those who can tollerate dairy without any problems(like me) the primal diet is probably the best for bodybuilding puposes. I'm 1,78mtr and 99Kg at 12%bodyfat. I've been leaner and can be again without much effort but I feel healthier like this. I'm with AV on bodyfat, its necessary in our toxic world.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
Primal diet. Though i don NOT consider myself to be a bodybuilder. The term bodybuilder is most often used to describe to mindless, drug addicted, genetic freaks that dominate that world nowadays.

I have been doing HIT for several years with rather good results. Since going primal i improved quite a bit. For those who can tollerate dairy without any problems(like me) the primal diet is probably the best for bodybuilding puposes. I'm 1,78mtr and 99Kg at 12%bodyfat. I've been leaner and can be again without much effort but I feel healthier like this. I'm with AV on bodyfat, its necessary in our toxic world.

So you eat a lot of raw cow butter?

How do you get yours?

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
So you eat a lot of raw cow butter?

How do you get yours?
Lots of butter, marrow and some suet.
I get my butter at an excellent organic farm. They make it themself in small batches. The cows are 100% pastured.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 03:16:13 am »
Why are some skinny, and some big?
Because of your DNA.. that's what determines how big you'll naturally be.
Adding muscle on top of this is hard work for everyone in my opinion, no matter how skinny or big.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:32 am »
Because of your DNA.. that's what determines how big you'll naturally be.
Adding muscle on top of this is hard work for everyone in my opinion, no matter how skinny or big.

^I think this is 100% wrong!

I think what and how much you eat, starting from day 1, is more of an influence of how we turn out then DNA!  Empirical evidence really makes one believe in this. 

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »
Haha really? Maybe you don't believe in science, but you could at least observe your environment a bit..
Please, what's that empirical evidence you're talking about?

With my friends from childhood we grew up eating the same stuff (whatever our moms would cook). Some were muscular with 10% fat, some skinny with some more fat, some pretty fat, consistently until 20 something. Remember, we were all eating the exact same foods. How does that work, huh? I've had friends who would eat a lot of crap (e.g. nutella all day long), yet they were always muscular.
According to you a kid whose parents are 1.65m tall can surely grow to 1.9m if it eats the "right" foods and amounts since day 1? It's not going to happen ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:55:06 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 11:15:16 pm »
A mother is bi polar, the daughter is likely to have it too because of DNA.  A kid is fat, is likely to be fat forever because of DNA.  We go to DNA because we have no solutions for these problems in the mass media.   We know that mental diseases are not hereditary, are not something you must deal with, but actually are directly caused  by what you eat.  I think SAD sends negatively impacts you one way or another. There are tons of websites out there of awed parents who discovered that following a cooked paleo diet does for their autistic children.  Reading those really makes you feel like you've been fucked with by the corporate elite by being brainwashed about what's food, and what's not. 

Of course we are like our parents, but the emphasis on DNA is crap.  As long as I know it I'm happy, I don't care about helping anyone else, I guess I'm just venting on here.   

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 01:09:30 am »
We were talking about bodybuilding, what's up with the mental diseases now?

Offline freezerburn

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 05:16:03 am »
Ah, the old, very old nature vs nurture argument.  Both always apply.  Our absolute natural limits are determined by our DNA, but how do we define these limits?  Our DNA acts as a template of potential, the environment is the stimulus to realize this potential.  The environment includes everything from food, exercise, sleep, hormonal response and when all of these things take place.  These things can also affect when certain genes are turned on.  Maybe it will be discovered that pre-puberty exercise stimulus is important for particular types of development or physical endowment.  Is hyperplasia possible etc?

It is silly to think that we all have the same potential with regards to strength and size, but it is more silly to think that we can not all be bigger and stronger:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk