Author Topic: Deleting accounts  (Read 13896 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: RENAMING accounts
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 11:24:06 am »
You are now Sitting Coyote
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 12:07:45 pm »

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Deleting accounts
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 07:26:27 pm »
Also sometimes if its a good job or a contract offering excellent pay, who cares if whoever hired you is an asshole, lets say some guy didn't hire me cause I have pics of me at the weed march, and he's one of those weed paranoids, he searches me and then he sees those pics and decides to hire some other prick. So just by not revealing information you can make your money and move on.

Another way to look at it is if you were hired by above mentioned sample, the weed paranoid boss, and you complete your contract and do great work, the boss is happy, then you can reveal info. ie. "by the way I had fun at the weed march"...and he may think "hmmm, maybe I should not discriminate so much"...or if he has a real pickle up his backside...he will get annoyed, you got good money and on top of it either pissed this boss off (fun)...or he used his brain more (cool)....

Perhaps I am over-thinking this but thats why it can be useful to not always use your real full name online.  :o
You are talking about contract work which is different from what most of us think of when you say job. It's not hard to suck it up and deal with a prick for a couple months but it's another to deal with that same person for years.

Or if you think about it its useful in other situations/not online.
For example lets say some girl worked as a nude dancer to make money for college. This is a good time to use a fake name. I knew a girl like that actually, and she made very good money and then went off to college, she was broke/poor before.
I still stand by my stance. If I was willing to work as a stripper to pay my own way through college I wouldn't hide it. The vast majority of things that people view as regrets are compromises to their core values (yes, some are instances with unforeseen consequences as well). In this situation the only way I'd strip was if it did not conflict with those core values.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »
 I would like to go in the opposite direction and use my full name

Knievel Fishbone Dickinson

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 06:46:57 am »
You are talking about contract work which is different from what most of us think of when you say job. It's not hard to suck it up and deal with a prick for a couple months but it's another to deal with that same person for years.

Yes if you're working longterm with someone then it's nice to be open and get along. I have a permanent work part-time as well (about 4-5 years with the same company), and I am friends with the boss there, we know many details about one another  :P
There were also people I just really disliked so much that I couldn't just "suck it up", and I had to refuse to do their work even though its money  :'(
You can always reveal your name to someone you get along with or work for, yet for some people they never know how their life or career will change in the future.

I still stand by my stance. If I was willing to work as a stripper to pay my own way through college I wouldn't hide it. The vast majority of things that people view as regrets are compromises to their core values (yes, some are instances with unforeseen consequences as well). In this situation the only way I'd strip was if it did not conflict with those core values.

Heh, there you may not even have a choice...
It's actually dangerous and illegal to use your real name openly in most adult-oriented jobs (dancing, online-stuff, videos etc...).
In some cases you will be fined or loose your job if you reveal your real name, because the whole work is centered around creating a fantasy situation. And just too many cases of psychos, obsessive (or just lonely) people to use your name to try and find you, meet you etc...you can imagine how bothersome that'd be!
There is other work types of where your name must remain secret too, like undercover agent, detective etc (all the fun work lol)...and assassin (ok just kidding)...

LOL! Well with a title like that you should be proud!  O0

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:16:33 am »
If I was willing to work as a stripper to pay my own way through college I wouldn't hide it. The vast majority of things that people view as regrets are compromises to their core values (yes, some are instances with unforeseen consequences as well). In this situation the only way I'd strip was if it did not conflict with those core values.

I wouldn't hide it from those close to me, but the rest of the world... yes!  Guys would be such jerks thinking they could have their way with you and professional or academic people would not treat you with respect. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:30 am »
If I was willing to work as a stripper to pay my own way through college I wouldn't hide it. The vast majority of things that people view as regrets are compromises to their core values (yes, some are instances with unforeseen consequences as well). In this situation the only way I'd strip was if it did not conflict with those core values.

I'm having a hard time not cracking up reading this. I also kind of disagree with it. I think part of being a modern person is having a sense of private and public on a case to case basis.

its good to have pride in what you do and who you are, but certainly if what that is doesn't define you forever or can be destructive or unsafe, a little anonymity seems appropriate esp. because the internet 'paper trail' is basically permanent. as for fb and stuff, unless you are really into being completely off the grid, it seems kind of futile to avoid popping up in some futeristic mega-database. I can see for some they would feel they can't 100% be themselves (even tho the privacy options seem pretty intensive) because for me even though it makes sense for social and professional reasons to keep my name there, I like to keep the RAF, or spirituality, or alien talk to a minimum. :)

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 10:31:02 pm »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 10:26:18 am »
That's cool, because now you can still post while protecting your privacy and reputation.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:01 am »
Thanks!
WHAT'S YOUR REAL NAME AGAIN? hAHA ;)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 10:52:33 am »
WHAT'S YOUR REAL NAME AGAIN? hAHA ;)

I added him on facebook. Emil Gardener.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »
I haven't given up on the idea that it's useful to eat raw meat, and raw food in general.  The ideas put forward on this website are getting a little extreme and cult-ish for my tastes, though, so I'd rather not be associated with the site anymore.

What's the extreme/cultish stuff? It's an open forum so... Wouldn't it be better if you stay and represent the people like you, whatever that is.

There're people who stop at eating raw meat, others who apply a similar line of thought to other aspects of their life, those who got to eating raw meat through thinking scientifically/ancestrally, others through wanting to be like a wolf ;), there're people who feel good, love eating all their food raw/paleo and don't worry about anything, others who eat that which they do not enjoy, feel bad and always worry, those who bleh... People who had health problems before, and now feel a lot better, those who never considered themselves to have health problems but still feel better, and those who just don't know.. and bleh..

ofc doesn't really matter, were just my thoughts. I have appreciated some of your posts.

Anyways(and there goes the thing where I can't see what I'm typing again.... this really uts me off, could does anyone know what the cause is? after this happens I can't really type what I want to.. It just makIf I try to type anything after this it comes out stupid) most people here just do whatever they do because it makes them feel better. Wouldn't cultish mean they were doing it for some higher purpose they believe in?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:17:20 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »
Cultish is not a good word for our forum.

We were either sick or looking for the best health possible that gives us an edge over ordinary people.

In my case I used to be sick and I function best on raw paleo diet.  I'm 41 today and feel and look so much better than in my 20s.  Actually I feel too good it has changed my personality, who I am.

And as the family healer I know and have proven every single time, raw paleo diet works for incurable diseases.

There is nothing cultish about curing people of medically incurable diseases. 

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 09:04:57 am »
I would like to go in the opposite direction and use my full name

Knievel, I looked you up on fb and I couldn't find you... what gives?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:38 am »
Knievel, I looked you up on fb and I couldn't find you... what gives?
I'm hoping that was a joke, and not some parent's malicious attempt at a prank.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:28 am »
I dunno if it's just me, but I do feel this forum has become more sociable over the time I've been here. Cultish though? lulwut?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:54 pm »
It's actually dangerous and illegal to use your real name openly in most adult-oriented jobs (dancing, online-stuff, videos etc...).
In some cases you will be fined or loose your job if you reveal your real name, because the whole work is centered around creating a fantasy situation. And just too many cases of psychos, obsessive (or just lonely) people to use your name to try and find you, meet you etc...you can imagine how bothersome that'd be!

I wouldn't hide it from those close to me, but the rest of the world... yes!  Guys would be such jerks thinking they could have their way with you and professional or academic people would not treat you with respect. 

I'm agreeing with Yuli, Ioanna, and KD. Also, having a stage name isn't always indicative of shame, hiding, compromising core values, or conflicting deeds and values.

Safety is a big thing. My business number is the same as my cell. My business card is accessible by the public. I've received a handful of creepy texts and a couple disturbing, unsolicited photo texts (yikes) - fortunately not a lot, my energy doesn't attract a ton of weirdos - except for RPDers ;) . And when alcohol is involved (often is), people get bolder/creepier/overly enthusiastic...

In addition to safety, a stage name/alias is part of the art, the act, the fantasy. If you were a stripper and tend to be reserved/shy/inhibited, having the DJ announce you as "Karen" - the same name that your grandparents call you and that reminds you of when you were in 6th grade and awkward and grossly unpopular - may not be very ego-boosting/performance-enhancing. A stage name like "Sapphire" (or something very meaningful and sexy to you) is more likely to inspire you to be what you are aiming for - a(n) fantasy/artist/performer/star/sex goddess. It's part of the art and the fun - not using your given/legal name can actually help you be a better performer - and a more prosperous and confident person, too.

I also consider choosing a new name as a kind of unique, personal rite of passage. One of my best friends chose a different name in her 40s. I knew a guy in college who "chose" his name when he was 11. Sometimes we choose new names or new names/nicknames are given to us like a gift/blessing. It's fun. :)  I understand what you mean, Dan, and I love the point that you make - it reminds me to be/stay congruent with my true, core values and where I'm confused, to figure out what my core values actually are (hey, Lex taught me that too!). :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk