Author Topic: Lifestyles of The Raw and Paleo  (Read 35832 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Lifestyles of The Raw and Paleo
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:29:15 am »
We already have a before and after photos section, a welcoming intro, personal journals and so forth, but heres an opportunity to really creatively show who you are to the rest of the site and whoever else is curious or critical about this life.

So to confirm, this isn't my journal but I placed it here so that it wouldn't be on the hidden boards. Anyone can participate with photos, stories, and/or comments but as mentioned on other threads..try not to quote too many photos as if we have a bunch of people contributing it will be hard to read the comments.

Some will say we are not fit, or they some will concede that we are fit but we are not pretty or some will say we are fit and pretty but we don't have fun because we don't cook.

Lets show our pretty eyes, glowing faces, winning personalities and shining auras so that later generations can examine them in some kind of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration v. 4.02.

here is a list so far of international raw meat celebrity super spies
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/what-are-you-eating-right-now/msg52798/#msg52798

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Lifestyles of The Raw and Paleo
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:03 am »

hey heres me. Mr. K

What am I doing here? Perhaps I am on my way for a night out on the town, or maybe my landlord never got around to connecting the heating system like he said he would. anyway... Welcome! lets see...

I'm a big city expat and I currently live in an industrial wasteland in the NE coast of the United States.

I enjoy long sprints on the beach, mastering the laws of the universe, and eating the tongues of animals.. sometimes I go to illegal parties in warehouses and listen to loud thrashing music.

Other times you'll find me on the rings at my local cross-fit affiliate.

I come from a background in yoga, meditation and raw veganism. Lately i'm satisfied more with a pull-up bar, the humming of nature and industry, and bone marrow.

but I still practice some yoga

and sometimes I just stare out into space

currently I think fruitarianism stinks.

these are all 07'

here is me running off some fruit sugar. After a year and half or so I didn't totally look bad here depending on ones subjectivity , but the last 6 months or so (above) got more stinky. oops theres a cactus, ouch that hurt!.

Heres some more shots of my current can-fit-all-the-sweet-fruit-i've-eaten-in-a-year-in-a-reusable-shopping-bag- bloated near carcass

and a zen combo

other details of what I'm eating, what kind of workouts i'm doing, and which women i'm striking out with can be found in my journal.
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/journals/journalistica/120/

ok putting my shoes on and ready to rock.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:14 pm »
Wow, yeah you looked really skinny before.
Major diffference.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 01:31:49 pm »
KD, your photos are very impressive. Definitely being raw paleo is a big plus for our health and life.
bugs or country chickens

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:06:04 pm »
thanks guys. I await your participation. :)

raw: I always laugh when I look to your signature and it just says "country chickens". I'm sure there was once a photo there of country chickens, but I really like just the words there. If you are open, I know at least I'd like to see you post some pics of your all raw son. he's probably a cross between a cherub and a titan! I would be interested to see your husband doing muscle-ups too on the bar :)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »
That's really amazing how one can change after switching to RPD.
But we've got to be honest - not everybody is predisposed to such a muscle growth  :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »
Haha, these are great.

I remember back in the days when I was vegan, I went something as skinny as that aswell

But we've got to be honest - not everybody is predisposed to such a muscle growth  :)

That is true, but judging from your pictures I definitely think you have it in you. You probably just need to get into bodybuilding, i.e. weightlifting. Adding more carbs sounds what you need judging from your food pictures. I don't grow at all on meat fat and fruit.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:30:00 pm »
That is true, but judging from your pictures I definitely think you have it in you. You probably just need to get into bodybuilding, i.e. weightlifting.
I do bodybuilding exercises.
But I do not need to have lots of muscles. There are other elements that are very important to me.
I like my current bodyshape. It equals to lightness, swiftness, etc. I perform 500 hindu squats in a row in less than 15 minutes so it's IMHO quite good ;)
Adding more carbs sounds what you need judging from your food pictures. I don't grow at all on meat fat and fruit.
I do eat carbs - usually 100-150 g, and sometimes even more. Primarily from fruits.
BTW, your bodyshape is IMO very good. I wouldn't change anything if I were you. ;)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 10:37:18 pm »
But we've got to be honest - not everybody is predisposed to such a muscle growth  :)

Hey Hannibal. I've seen some pics you've posted and some of them look pretty dam muscled and your vascularity is very impressive/to be envied.

I thought I had put a recent short of my forearm but I guess not.

[just noticed pic did not post :/]

Anyway, nothing special but you can see the development, from the cloudy -even when thin- tissue I started with. As for me being predisposed to muscle growth...I don't want to protest too much over things I cannot prove, but in my journal it discusses some other very serious health problems and so forth. Anecdotally my dad always tells me that no one in his family was ever fit or strong, and I think i've been working out for 12 years now only recently getting results with my routine + regularity wth diet/cleaning out. I have some pics from a 2-3 years ago transitioning from a raw vegan to a kind of mostly raw veg with cooked fish/sprouts/some grains then to eating raw fish/meats, and I do have some muscle, and one can see even in the beach shot I have a little bit of a chest. I actually have worse pics I could have chosen but as at least I look happy in the selected ones. I also got extremely thin the first time I tried RAF for 6 months. Still, I think honestly its mostly time, hard work, and constancy with overall health which gets the job done. I seem to make strong progress in comparison to the fairly health-conscious folks at my gym, that could be something unique to me but I'm wagering not.

Plus as I complain frequently depending on the angle and whether i've just worked out or something. - I can still look in the slim range as per society standards sometimes. Although just in the last few weeks i've gained pretty much those last few lbs that make me very happy and with how I look.

Haha, these are great.

thanks man.

oh, I listed you as "big game hunter" on the other thread ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:04:33 am by KD »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »
Awesome story and pics, KD.
Fruitarian did the expected malnutrition on you.
As it does to everyone, did it to me too.

Awesome, yoga.

I hope to get into some internal martial arts next weekend.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 12:57:36 am »
Hey Hannibal. I've seen some pics you've posted and some of them look pretty dam muscled and your vascularity is very impressive/to be envied.

Here is my pic with the stomach muscle:

and forearm:

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:49:18 am »
Awesome story and pics, KD.
Fruitarian did the expected malnutrition on you.
As it does to everyone, did it to me too.
thanks.

Yeah, who knows..part of me believes that there is a purpose to many things or even on a physical level those processes arn't completely detrimental, but yeah long term I don't think messing around with raw (minus animal products) is a good thing for almost everyone i've met or talked to on this journey, with maybe an exception or two. When I was doing raw veg, I might have entertained the issue of raw animal foods if I had an example I was aware of. There wasn't really to my exposure. Things have really shifted in the last 5 years or so with peoples experiments and perspectives on health radically shifting, so just sharing what I can seems me the best way to be helpful.

Awesome, yoga.

yeah, I don't do probably nearly enough yoga or spiritual work these days. Even though I can feel with diet (and exercise) a certain sense of ease or attainment at times, I have no doubt the human technologies developed in the last few Millennia can still be beneficial to the mind and body as well as the spirit. Perhaps if I was in compete commune with nature but as of now any laziness towards these issues means i'm inevitably trapped in my head more often then I wish, but far less than in the past :)

I hope to get into some internal martial arts next weekend.
you mean moving qi? I'm sort of going in another direction. I was invited to join a MMA grappling gym here. That seems like a possible next step for me, although I feel starting late in life puts me at a disadvantage.

and forearm:

yep. The lighting in my shot isn't very favorable but you certainly have me beat. I can see just the beginning signs around my chest/neck etc...I do believe alot of what Dr. Cassar says about skin microbes and fungus blocking the naturally translucent or even transparent thin layer of flesh...but perhaps that is for a separate topic...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:56:49 am by KD »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 05:01:37 am »
@Hannibal Great pictures. I noticed my veins show well too. Especially after a workout. I can also force my veins pop out in my neck etc. I think in most cases, veins like ours is a good sign, good blood flow etc.

Would be great to train with you guys and do some wrestling/grappling etc.

It really gives me inspiration to see more fit people besides myself on this forum.  :) :) :)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:50 am »
I think in most cases, veins like ours is a good sign, good blood flow etc.
Yeah. And low BF, esp. subcutaneous one.
Would be great to train with you guys and do some wrestling/grappling etc.
Definitely. Climbing up a tree and jumping to the other one would be great :)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 05:22:43 am »
Women love a Vascular Man  :D

@KD - wow great transformation, you went from Mr Shrimp to Mr Perfect! ha ha

Great thread, I already posted my pics elsewhere but I will definitely post some more when I have some more time.

@Hannibal - your muscles look great, you don't need to get 'bigger' IMO

Some people are genetically predisposed to having smaller amount of muscle, but that doesn't really mean they'll be weaker.
My dad has a similar body type/shape to yours, and he's quite strong.
I had a friend gym-rat, he has huge arms. Anyway he had arm wrestle with my dad (who's got much smaller arms) and lost badly.  :o

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 05:41:32 am »
@Hannibal - your muscles look great, you don't need to get 'bigger' IMO
Yeah, I know. :)
But that pic with the stomach muscles was taken in Juli (Yuli ;)), and I weighed less - about 82 kg. When the summer ends and the fall begins I gain about 6 kg (but no visible fat). That's seasonal - it's due to RPD.
That pic - http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4475/img6130i.jpg was taken recently, one month ago, so I was bulked-up in comparison to my summer bodyshape. I'm still in that kind of shape now. ;)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 06:21:17 am »
cool so were are hip to the '@' now.

@Yuli - Thanks doll, yeah we've seen your pics but it would be fun to see you tell a little story, doesn't have to be complicated, but it HAS to be glamorous :)

@ Hannibal. woah so you are up over 190 lbs? yeah I agree you are in great shape and that is plenty big. Just a few weeks ago I was down to 155 lb and I probably have maybe a bit more bf. kinda strange. my gripe is usually if my face looks on the thin side, other than that I don't have a huge desire to get bigger, just tighter. I think I'm back to almost 165 and like i said think things look good otherwise now. Although I still would be happy getting closer to 180-190 or so if it happens naturally.

@ Sully - we should seriously think about hoping in on the SoCal meet. We could totally grapple, and then when we get tired maybe chicken fight with the ladies on our shoulders
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:29:26 am by KD »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 07:57:27 am »
@ Sully - we should seriously think about hoping in on the SoCal meet. We could totally grapple, and then when we get tired maybe chicken fight with the ladies on our shoulders
LOL

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:53 am »
Kd I think we have much more in common than I originally thought my friend from the north

We both share past health issues and have experimented with other radical diets before finding raw paleo
I was never completely vegan but I did do a few stints of vegetarian and wasted away to 140 pounds.
I also started to practise yoga, even when I was young I was a pull upping fool who ruled the school yard on the monkey bars.

I trained in mixed marital arts and spared with amateur ultimate fighters. I am not particularly devoted to any one particular discipline, but I love to test myself in games of skill and dexterity. Before I got sick I had what the instructor called freaky strength and could hold my own and squirm out of any corner(I am still working on getting my glory days back)Testing you straights against others in simulated combat is 100% in harmony with the paleo spirit. I long to get back into it
http://www.truthincombat.com/
go to this site and you will see me the top picture sparing with my instructor( I was younger and had a buzz cut, check out all the fun stuff I used to do. The spirit of real combat without the deadly wounds.

He teaches all forms of combat and in the picture you will see him reaching for a gun,while defending against my attack. Its very fun and you should try this exercise. Say you have a gun, do you think you could drawl and fire it before a crazy man can beat you to floor, its not easy. If you are on the ground with an attacker on you ,can you get your gun before he beats you unconscious. Real fun, or try to fend of an man swinging a tazer. We also learned stick fighting, knife fighting, and defence against knife attack.

Kd looks just like this guy Roy I used to spar with. He was badass, way to strong and fast for me to equal.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:01:13 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 09:11:19 am »
he beats you unconscious. Real fun,
yeah...something tells me I wouldn't want to run into you OR Hannibal in a dark alley if it wasn't simulated... or compete for a small animal on an arid plane. :)

I'm obviously a little obsessive about these discussions sometimes yet paradoxically don't really edit or think to much about what I post till after the fact, so I often loose track of what is important and am not taken aback when called out for being a jerk sometimes :)

I think we have much more in common than I originally thought my friend from the north

There was a time when I worked as an 'electrician' as well, or that was the official name of the job hanging cable at big conventions and industry and fashion shows in the city with the other folks involved being 'carpenters' who just put up walls and junk. Basically this consisted of stringing really heavy cable along the floor and then hulling it onto the ceiling up 20 ft ladders. Then stringing all the lights and stuff. Its funny because years prior to this when the economy was better, I had a job on the other end being behind a nice computer working with magazines and photographers. Obviously a little less expertise involved then what you do but just some more insight into my life I guess.

sounds like you know your stuff, I hope you get back into it. I guess I could be a pretty good fighter, I'm dense like a weight-cheating welterweight boxer and move pretty quick. I'm not super strong per the Olympians but i'm pretty well rounded fitness wise now and sharp on my toes. I'll have to work on not constantly guarding my face! j/k

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 10:57:15 am »

I'm obviously a little obsessive about these discussions sometimes yet paradoxically don't really edit or think to much about what I post till after the fact, so I often loose track of what is important and am not taken aback when called out for being a jerk sometimes :)

I am telling you man there are parallels in our thought patterns that I often try to dismiss with facetious, although tongue in cheek, insults. You see I can be the biggest jerk you could imagine,if you don't believe me, ask my wife, she tells me every day,(and I respect her for her honesty). I am sorry for being such a douche bag about silly crap, it all began when you called me out on some of my paranoid delusions of grandeur regarding the truth behind various conspiracy theories. I still believe the truth is out there and I know internet conspiracy doesn't have all the answers. I understand some of the falseness and obsessively negative facets of the beliefs that I hold annoy you, but I still I found it difficult to think of you as anything other than a silver tongued jerk ever since you called me out for being being a conspiracy nut ;until just recently.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 11:20:53 am »
Especially on this site, you get a lot of passionate intelligent people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences and shit will fly from time to time. I've been on a number of forums now and by far this one contains the most people that understand this and are able to move on and find the common ground.

Other places its like an all out...year-end-out psychodrama because one person likes kimchi and the other person eats date smoothies. And no one will give! I think the shocking capacity for forgiveness and ability to form new conversations and relations regardless of whether another person seems clueless/bigoted/militant around some totally other non-provable issue... speaks volumes about the type of people on this diet honestly.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:12:22 pm by KD »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:49 pm »
You guys inspired me to get my best vein pics. I spend my time getting the veiniest pics.  ;) I always wondered. Why isn't there a smile face for laughter? I like to use that instead of lol

This is for KD, the famous K on my neck.

My veins are usually quite prominant. But exercise brings them out more. Especially making spears. I also can make them come out more. Which most people can do I think.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 02:53:00 pm »
One of my brothers has really veiny muscular forearms. He is a chipper grinder in factory.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 03:17:29 pm »
@ Hannibal. woah so you are up over 190 lbs? yeah I agree you are in great shape and that is plenty big.
Yeah, but my height is 1,94 m, so I'm quite tall ;)
You guys inspired me to get my best vein pics.
Nice ones.
The shape of your forearm is quite simmilar to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk