Author Topic: Invert sugar doesn't feed Candida?  (Read 27334 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: Invert sugar doesn't feed Candida?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:11 am »
this thing candida you are all referring to is yeast infection?
then are you talking about oral yeast infection or vaginal?
it does not sound like you are having yeast infection.

Are you kidding? You ask what candida is,and then you suggest a symptom diagnosis? l)
Btw,what he seems to be refering to is systemic candida.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 07:24:34 am »
That's very true.

What is a yeast/fungal/candida infection then ...enlighten me
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 08:01:44 am »
Carbs are an issue..trust me. One bit of carbs and I get dandruff, constipation, cramps, thrush etc even on RPD. Your lucky to not have these issues.

If you know a way I can put add carbs back and be candida free please tell because zero carb sucks socially.

ditto!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:32 am »
What is a yeast/fungal/candida infection then ...enlighten me

i'm just guessing because i've never seen one, but i heard lots of women have it and quick googling tells me it is some kind of fungus overgrowth usually in the oral cavity or vagina, and sometime penis when exposed to impacted vagina.

things you listed like "dandruff, constipation, cramps, thrush etc" don't sound like this candida thing.

Are you kidding? You ask what candida is,and then you suggest a symptom diagnosis? Roll Eyes
Btw,what he seems to be refering to is systemic candida.

i did a little googling after i posted my first comment, and my guessing appeared to be correct.  so i made another comment in the next post.

i did image search for both systemic candida and yeast infections and they are very similar.
is that what you guys are having?

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=575&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=systemic+candida&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

and

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1024&bih=575&q=yeast+infection&gbv=2&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=yeas&gs_rfai=

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 01:17:43 pm »
my understanding is that a yeast infection would be either a symptom of a more systemic issue, or just a localized problem, for many women its a bit of both I guess.

when most people on health type forums speak of candida, they are largely speaking of a number of symptoms like above due to an overgrowth of naturally occurring fungus. Itching in ears, feet etc..(athletes foot is usually another symptom of something systemic, but possibly not) and other areas is common too, often immediately after consuming certain types of sugars.

One original natural function of candida is to break down foreign sugars and debris, but since there is some skewed environment (antibiotics, or metals etc..) they always have shit to do and don't die off...or mutate or permeate areas they were not intended to. When seriously limiting carbs, this allows for less fermentation and other natural processes which are -again- all screwed up, so the excess fungus retreats somewhat resulting in less symptoms. It unfortunately doesn't mean the situation resolves itself, and probably many 'candida-diet' practitioners can attest to that.

the only theories I have ever heard of regarding carbs not being a problem, are those that state with very little fat in the blood stream, sugars pass through and will feed the cells without feeding fungus. Problem with that is that even in the best case scenario, a low fat diet is neither suitable for health or natural. but in the worst case, likely people only suppress the symptoms further (while claiming the opposite!). High sugar will create such a situation in modern people whenever there is underlying digestion/fermentation issues. Also worth noting, people will get back the same symptoms with added fats on low-fat/protein just as people on LC/ZC will have them with carbs.

to say carbs or fats don't affect at all these intricate internal processes is just extremely unlikely. Traditional peoples didn't have many of the known factors which create such imbalances in ability to handle 'natural' foods. Alcohol is a nasty combination with such issues for many people, and probably could have been consumed much more healthfully before the modern period too, but that doesn't mean it doesn't effect internal problems.

I would be interested to see what Hannibal has to say about how to integrate carbs into a animal foods diet high in fats for people with genuine issues, but my two sense is that the diet needs to be simultaneously making the person healthier while cleaning up some of the long term issues due to candida, and not just be focused on one or the other.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »
I would be interested to see what Hannibal has to say about how to integrate carbs into a animal foods diet high in fats for people with genuine issues, but my two sense is that the diet needs to be simultaneously making the person healthier while cleaning up some of the long term issues due to candida, and not just be focused on one or the other.
I know quite a lot about "candidafobia", as there are lots of people who fight it for years, though they haven't been professionally diagnosed.
I don't have any simple remedy. Everyone should be individually thoroughly examined.
If someone says - I don't feel good, so for sure I've got candidiasis - that's rediculous. :D
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 04:55:14 pm »
Hannibal is the RPD version of William, if you're eating ZC, he will make sure to tell you your diet is 'unhealthy' and to load up on carbs, regardless of how carbs affect your body. Your health and how you feel are not relevant, you must eat carbs! He knows what's good for you, ok?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 05:37:54 pm »
load up on carbs, regardless of how carbs affect your body. 
That's bull***s :D
Eating an adequate amount of carbs and loading up on them are different things.
All I wanted to say is that being afraid of eating to much of protein which will convert to "evil" glucose or yolks or organ-meats isn't based on any science. It's utter FOBIA.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48:00 pm »
That's bull***s :D
Eating an adequate amount of carbs and loading up on them are different things.
All I wanted to say is that being afraid of eating to much of protein which will convert to "evil" glucose or yolks or organ-meats isn't based on any science. It's utter FOBIA.

It's based on personal experience.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:54:17 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »
It's based on personal experience.
Exactly. It's individual anecdotal experiences from multiple members here on this forum.
If you eat something and it makes your symptoms flare you avoid eating it. A number of members have noted this occurs with carbohydrates. I don't understand what is so hard to acknowledge. ???
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »
If you eat something and it makes your symptoms flare you avoid eating it.
That's true.
But the most interesting thing is the patogenesis.
A number of members have noted this occurs with carbohydrates.

Gee, not all the carbs are the same. The different kinds have got different impact on our body.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 08:55:57 pm »

Gee, not all the carbs are the same. The different kinds have got different impact on our body.

Strangely enough, the carbs that are promoted here are the ones that give me the most intense flare ups. Carbs from grains like rice don't affect me as much as fruit and honey.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 09:00:15 pm »
Strangely enough, the carbs that are promoted here are the ones that give me the most intense flare ups. Carbs from grains like rice don't affect me as much as fruit and honey.

It may depend on
What fruit?
What honey?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:30 pm »
I definitely had fungus overgrowth although I am not sure if it was the problem or a symptom of an already weak immune system. My tongue would have those white sore patches, although not as bad as the picture. My eosiniphile counts were often very high and a clinical sign of parasitic or fungal infection. I had blood sugar issues, I believe that the infection spread to my internal organs and impaired my whole metabolism. The standard anti Candida diets are often more harmful than good and Didn't help me one bit. I have found that the diet I am on now seems to work best. I use coconut it does in some way help me with the fungal issues. I still cant handle any fruit without having issues, I used raw honey once about 8 months ago but I don't think I was ready for it. I had some sugar spikes and pancreatic pain after just a small amount, I may give it another try sometime, perhaps I need to let my organs repair a bit more.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »
Carbs from grains like rice don't affect me as much as fruit and honey.
So maybe you should eat those comblex carbs in small amounts?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »
So maybe you should eat those comblex carbs in small amounts?

Or maybe just not eat carb foods? These foods cause other problems.

If you have a problem where slicing yourself with a knife hurts and makes you bleed, you don't need to hit yourself with a hammer instead.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »
I definitely had fungus overgrowth  
So lots of beneficial bacteria are recquired - aged meat, high meat, EM, soil bacteria, etc.
0,5 lb of berries affect you?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 09:32:37 pm »
So lots of beneficial bacteria are recquired - aged meat, high meat, EM, soil bacteria, etc.
0,5 lb of berries affect you?

? Bacteria aren't meant to get into your body anyway.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »
Or maybe just not eat carb foods? These foods cause other problems.
And not eating any carbs could lead to other problems.
Temorarly - yes.
But if you don't heal during that period of not eating any carbs that's worthless kind of healing.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »
Bacteria aren't meant to get into your body anyway.
Yes, they are. Where's the problem?

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 09:40:09 pm »

But if you don't heal after that period of not eating any carbs that's worthless kind of healing.

That's the scary thing. I've been ZC/VLC for about 6 months now, i have less symptoms because i've avoided carbs but i can't say for sure i'm healing.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »
That's the scary thing. I've been ZC/VLC for about 6 months now, i have less symptoms because i've avoided carbs
And every amount of any kind of fruits, veggies or raw honey makes you feel worse?
i can't say for sure i'm healing.
So what are you doing, Nation? :)

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 10:12:08 pm »
And every amount of any kind of fruits, veggies or raw honey makes you feel worse?

Veggies and small amount of berries don't affect me much. Basically, anything that isn't sweet is ok in small quantity.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:38 pm »
Carbs from grains like rice don't affect me as much as fruit and honey.

all carbs that get to the blood stream are glucose and fructose (with traces of other monosaccharide) no matter what kind of form they are ingested, fruits, honey, or rice.

other carbs that are not completely broken down in the small intestine are too large to get absorbed and pass along to the colon.

source: google carb digestion

given the nature of carb digestion i would conclude that anything that flares up on the skin surface are caused by excess amounts of glucose or fructose, or both, since only simple carbs can get into bloodstream.  it does not matter what was the original carbs source.  everything will be converted into simple sugars.

those more complex sugars such as sucrose, lactose, and starch that do not get broken down completely, they cannot get into bloodstream and are contained within intestines.  they may ferment while traveling further down and feed undesired flora which in turn may produce harmful by-products.

in any case carbs are GENERALLY not an issue at all.  in some particular case where someone is not healthy carbs are probably not a good idea.  but for a healthy person carbs are non issue at all.  look at India with it's 1 billion people, most of them have predominantly carb based diet, since majority are vegetarians, and ask them how many get this candida/yeast infection?  i honestly do not know the answer but i would guess it is pretty low.  if anyone can provide candida/yeast infection rates in Indian population that would be great.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:24 am »

If you know a way I can put add carbs back and be candida free please tell because zero carb sucks socially.

The only thing I've read that makes any sense in regards to this is the "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" that Brady mentioned to me.I'm not sold on it myself,but it's definately worth looking into.It could easily be customized for eating raw as well.
It worked for Brady,so it might work for you or other members here.

Btw,I just noticed that Hannibal posted a link on this subject back in March 2010.Here it is: 

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/beginners_guide/beginners.htm

Now I understand where he's coming from.But like I said,I'm still not sold on it for systemic candida.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:15:55 am by King Salmon »
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk