Author Topic: Raw Meat Eating Family On Farm  (Read 22354 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Meat Eating Family On Farm
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 03:28:50 am »
Sad story, my mom and sis eat less and less meat, thanks to said myths. They are very irritable.
All we really can do is develop vibrant health and be ready with some easy to use guidelines.
It may be a good idea to show them raw milk if it is available.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »
Sad story, my mom and sis eat less and less meat, thanks to said myths. They are very irritable.
All we really can do is develop vibrant health and be ready with some easy to use guidelines.
It may be a good idea to show them raw milk if it is available.

I think they might be open to raw milk, but more likely is that they will be scared of it.  There is a good local weekly delivery though so I think it is worth a shot.  Thanks,

Ryan

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 12:14:35 am »
I hope they are open to it.
Neurosis (I classify vegetarianism as a form of neurosis) is most likely caused by fat deficiency, aggravated further by the low fat diet. Once they start to get healthy fats to their brain they should become less anxious and more open to eating flesh. If not then at least they are getting some animal protein.
Not to become dogmatic, here is how I see a possible progression.
Raw milk> Raw egg milkshake>Raw Fish>Raw Beef

Last month, I convinced a vegetarian to try raw beef with me. Most people will come running back to meat, if you can support them with reasoning. The raw aspect really helps because all studies proving meat is bad are only showing cooked meat is harmful.
Good luck

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 08:17:41 am »
I hope they are open to it.
Neurosis (I classify vegetarianism as a form of neurosis) is most likely caused by fat deficiency, aggravated further by the low fat diet. Once they start to get healthy fats to their brain they should become less anxious and more open to eating flesh. If not then at least they are getting some animal protein.
Not to become dogmatic, here is how I see a possible progression.
Raw milk> Raw egg milkshake>Raw Fish>Raw Beef

Last month, I convinced a vegetarian to try raw beef with me. Most people will come running back to meat, if you can support them with reasoning. The raw aspect really helps because all studies proving meat is bad are only showing cooked meat is harmful.
Good luck

I have wanted to eat RAF/RVAF for some time and I would bring this up often in conversation (the fact that it is cooked meat that is carcinogenic).  I am really developing a taste for raw meat the longer I eat it (only been just over a week).  It was bland at first but now I find it incredibly tasteful!  Raw eggs I can take or leave, I am not sure it would be the best way to go introducing others to RAF.  Maybe if I try raw eggs again in another month they will have more flavor.  I think my taste buds or the brain receptors for them are adjusting to raw, and the meat tastes better every day.

My younger brother has started eating meat after going through a bout of IBS, I think the doctor gave him some good advice (for once).  Too many doctors accept that vegetarianism is healthy. 

Of course my older brother (the die hard vegetarian) will eventually see that the meat eaters have better health, but I would rather it not reach that point.  Oh well, I do what I can.

I think when he finds out I am eating raw meat he will just think I am crazy.  But he already thinks that, I think.

Ryan

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 08:18:30 am »
Last month, I convinced a vegetarian to try raw beef with me.

From where do you get your god-like powers?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:37:38 am by magnetic »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:07 am »
I have wanted to eat RAF/RVAF for some time and I would bring this up often in conversation (the fact that it is cooked meat that is carcinogenic).  I am really developing a taste for raw meat the longer I eat it (only been just over a week).  It was bland at first but now I find it incredibly tasteful!  Raw eggs I can take or leave, I am not sure it would be the best way to go introducing others to RAF.  Maybe if I try raw eggs again in another month they will have more flavor.  I think my taste buds or the brain receptors for them are adjusting to raw, and the meat tastes better every day.
My younger brother has started eating meat after going through a bout of IBS, I think the doctor gave him some good advice (for once).  Too many doctors accept that vegetarianism is healthy. 
Of course my older brother (the die hard vegetarian) will eventually see that the meat eaters have better health, but I would rather it not reach that point.  Oh well, I do what I can.
I think when he finds out I am eating raw meat he will just think I am crazy.  But he already thinks that, I think.
Ryan

Raw meat tastes delicious to me, I absolutely love it. The flavor, the water content, the ease of digestion, all of it.
Your little brother may be a good route to make raw animal foods seem acceptable to your eldest. He may be more convinced if both of you developed extraordinary health eating raw meat, so long as you don't tease him or bug him too much about it. That could make him drive his head further in the sand. You could ruin your relationship that way.
Your little brother may be up for it too, it would without a doubt take less convincing. Just work on strengthening your body and immune systems with him. After a while I am sure your big bro will notice he is getting sicker and you are benefiting. So long as you keep a warm and welcoming attitude with him, he is bound to open up.

From where do you get your god-like powers?
Raw animal foods of course! LoL
If you get a cut, your body heals itself. Your body is a machine that wants to thrive, physically, mentally and all the rest of it.
If you continually provide the tools it needs, in only a matter of time you will become a force to be reckoned with.
Plus, she thinks I am sexy.  ;D

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 07:37:12 am »
Your little brother may be a good route to make raw animal foods seem acceptable to your eldest. He may be more convinced if both of you developed extraordinary health eating raw meat, so long as you don't tease him or bug him too much about it. That could make him drive his head further in the sand. You could ruin your relationship that way.

I think it might be too late for that, he thinks I am some kind of monster due to my political beliefs.

Your little brother may be up for it too, it would without a doubt take less convincing. Just work on strengthening your body and immune systems with him. After a while I am sure your big bro will notice he is getting sicker and you are benefiting. So long as you keep a warm and welcoming attitude with him, he is bound to open up.

Yeah he is more open and easy to talk to.  And he is already interested in raw milk.

If you get a cut, your body heals itself. Your body is a machine that wants to thrive, physically, mentally and all the rest of it.
If you continually provide the tools it needs, in only a matter of time you will become a force to be reckoned with.

I feel like Luke in Star Wars: A New Hope...   :P

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:14:55 am »
I say go the little brother route! A good idea would be to learn how to put together a good steak tartare. Treat him to gourmet to break the raw ice. After I had my first good steak tartare it was a slippery slope into eating steaks straight up.

I think it might be too late for that, he thinks I am some kind of monster due to my political beliefs.
I know how that feels. When one says anarchy, most people picture Sid Vicious throwing a metal trash can through their front window. Stealing all their stuff and raping them, in the ass.
Recently I have learned to not push it so ungracefully, I used to talk shiva all of the time. F*** THA POLICE bla bla bla.. No need, it is inevitable. The elite class is just as diseased as the rest of them. Just look at GWBush and just about any police officer.

I feel like Luke in Star Wars: A New Hope...   :P
Congratulations, you have stumbled upon a way of living that may help you to survive when the next bad ass plague comes around. I'm glad to welcome you!

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 09:14:41 pm »
I say go the little brother route! A good idea would be to learn how to put together a good steak tartare. Treat him to gourmet to break the raw ice. After I had my first good steak tartare it was a slippery slope into eating steaks straight up.
I know how that feels. When one says anarchy, most people picture Sid Vicious throwing a metal trash can through their front window. Stealing all their stuff and raping them, in the ass.

I plan on making some fancy looking foods to bring to family gatherings.  As far as being an anarcho-capitalist, the most common response I get from family members is that I lack compassion for others, which is odd because compassion for others is one of the factors that motivated me to identify myself as such.  If government would get out of the way we could all work towards solving the problems that everyone says need solving.

Recently I have learned to not push it so ungracefully, I used to talk shiva all of the time. F*** THA POLICE bla bla bla.. No need, it is inevitable. The elite class is just as diseased as the rest of them. Just look at GWBush and just about any police officer.

Them: Why do you hate the police so much?
Me: I don't hate the police in particular so much as I dislike armed criminal enterprises in general, especially when they assume an air of legitimacy.

Congratulations, you have stumbled upon a way of living that may help you to survive when the next bad ass plague comes around. I'm glad to welcome you!

Thanks.  In retrospect I see it was just a matter of time.  If you are someone who is pursuing truth in every aspect of your life eating raw animal foods is unavoidable in the end.  Only self-delusion (and the support of others equally self-deluded) can sustain eating a SAD indefinitely.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 01:07:01 am »

Ryan
Have you tried only eating the egg yolk. It is absolutely delicious this way. It is the part of my meal that I look most forward to. Don't be afraid of being different. People tend to think that I am also crazy or weird, but I shrug it off. Being like everyone is else is boring after all. ;)
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 06:07:41 am »
Have you tried only eating the egg yolk. It is absolutely delicious this way. It is the part of my meal that I look most forward to. Don't be afraid of being different. People tend to think that I am also crazy or weird, but I shrug it off. Being like everyone is else is boring after all. ;)

I have noticed that for some who are new to eating raw foods, they find that raw milk and raw eggs are easier to eat, but have more trouble with raw meat.  For me it is the opposite.  The eggs just have little flavor.

The eggs I have been buying are free-range, though I did question the farmer and his hens are fed organic grains.  I have checked at eatwild.com and I cannot find a source of true grain-free chickens or eggs, so I will probably just stick with red meat and wild fish, as these are the only grain-free foods I can find.  All of the local (within a 4 hour drive) pork is also fed some kind of grains.  It is really annoying that they are able to list on eatwild.com, if there was a grain-free farm listing I would use that instead.

I know Slanker's has grain-free pork and poultry but I would rather avoid the added expenses.  Beef lamb and fish are what's for dinner.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »
They look like any other farming family to me. I think they are pretty cool myself and dont find any of them particularly unattractive, just average all around. Also theyve only been on the diet for less than a year, thats not a long time at all so we shouldnt judge yet. I would love to live the way they do, except maybe without the getting up in the middle of the night, that seems a bit much for me.
-----------

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »
This family isn't as picturesque as I'd hoped.  I would think a raw paleo family would be more robust and energetic, and not so cynical and negative, removing themselves from society, that isn't what this is all about to me.  My guess would be that it's the raw milk, and raw eggs that aren't good for them.  These two things across the board seem to give people trouble.   

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »
This family isn't as picturesque as I'd hoped.  I would think a raw paleo family would be more robust and energetic, and not so cynical and negative, removing themselves from society, that isn't what this is all about to me.  My guess would be that it's the raw milk, and raw eggs that aren't good for them.  These two things across the board seem to give people trouble.   
To me, removing oneself from society goes very well with the raw paleo diet. They don't seem negative at all to me. Different people are different.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:20 pm »
they are just super extreme, when ever anyone gets fanatical or does things based out of fear (ie waking up at 2AM to eat so as to avoid "anoriexia") disbiosis is what naturally follows

waking in at 2AM is probably the worst thing they could be doing for themselves and honestly i think it is enough to invalidate their other healthy practices...

CitrusHigh

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »
Yeah, health should be totally evident. If someone's telling you to do something, and they're not radiating energy and vibrancy themselves, you ought to be super skeptical.

Also maybe we weren't meant to sleep through the night like that anyway Jessica. When you look at peoples living closer to the rhythm of the earth like natives, they often nap throughout the day. Which is probably the way it should be, sleep when you're tired, wake up when you're good and ready! Of course no tribe was ever full raw either, so maybe cooked food was dragging them down. Aajonus claims to sleep very little, and lately as I've been extremely raw I've been running on fewer sleep hours but without the mental or physical fatigue I'd expect usually. But that is just a side comment, I totally 100% agree with you that the obsession and anxiety is worse than the alternative.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:51 am »
they are just super extreme, when ever anyone gets fanatical or does things based out of fear (ie waking up at 2AM to eat so as to avoid "anoriexia") disbiosis is what naturally follows

waking in at 2AM is probably the worst thing they could be doing for themselves and honestly i think it is enough to invalidate their other healthy practices...
Yeah, them waking up at 2 am is just stupid. I think wild humans fasted anyway because they didn't always have food.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 01:27:30 am »
Yeah, them waking up at 2 am is just stupid. I think wild humans fasted anyway because they didn't always have food.

Most of them, when food wasn't available, picked up and moved to where it was available. Not all of them, of course, and the vast majority of them also knew which local plants were edible, too. I don't think any of them fasted involuntarily all that often.

Anyway... those people's house is absolutely disgusting. They're not as unattractive as some people said, but good personal hygiene goes a LONG way toward an appearance of beauty and they're gonna need to work on that a little bit.

I wonder how much of that video is pure propaganda. They made everything look disgusting.

One of us should turn them on to pemmican. They could use a lot less plastic that way. Cleaner.
insert signature here

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 01:53:38 am »
We shouldnt excpect them to radiate health so strongly after less than 1 year on the diet. Thats not a long time at all.
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 09:38:16 am »
I saw a program on tv about the darkness that was fascinating. In it they said that as short a time ago - my memory is not serving me at the moment - perhaps I need more fat? - but I think it was as late as the 17th and 18th centuries no one slept all the way through the night. They were polyphasic sleepers. They would sleep in two shifts and get up in the middle of the night and go visiting - which was pretty dangerous in the dark - but sleeping all the way through the night just didn't happen. They would go to bed with the sun, wake up for awhile and then go back to sleep.

The thing about eating in the middle of the night might have more to do with the diabetes maybe? They are new to eating well so are still probably in the process of trying to get their blood sugars stable. They will probably put it together eventually that they don't have to wake up specifically to eat.

They are also farm people so much of what they do might not be that much different without the diet. The benefit of having public school teachers and school children's outside influence in that system would have to weighed with the damages that standard education can do. Not such an easy choice.

Remember too that we saw in this video just the tiniest little soundbites - and probably picked to be the most dramatic. We don't know what hobbies and interests other than the farm might be promoted by the parents.

I give these people a lot of credit for stepping out of the box and trying to do what they can to the best they can figure out and manage despite the judgments of others.

I went to school and college and when I went to pick up milk at a farm one day the homeschooled children laughed out loud at me not knowing how many pints are in a quart. I was chained to a desk to do math that I hated and came away with nothing except blocked bad memories. The parents DID say that the childrens' education is self-directed so who knows - maybe one WANTS to learn math or language (music is no longer taught in most schools - but maybe one likes music) and is learning these things. If they aren't interested in a subject  - what good is hitting them over the head with it?

I came out of high school with no skills what-so-ever knowing close to nothing. At least these kids will know how many pints are in a quart!

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 01:48:23 am »
All modern 8-12 education really serves to do nowadays is keep kids out of the job market and off the street. Doesn't really do that great a job for the latter, but keeps them out of jobs pretty good.

I applaud self-directed education. Kids who learn what they want to learn learn it well and learn it quickly. I would never have finished high school (i.e., passed the GED test) were it not for self-paced study, but I'd have a happier life if I'd have been able to learn the things that made a difference in my own personal situation. Kudos to them on that score.
insert signature here

Offline Delmonico

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 06:12:17 am »
Can we really judge their health after watching a blurry two and a half minute video that was  edited for the most sensational effect?

As for interrupting our sleep at midnight, I've never done it myself but there is recent research that indicates our sleeping patterns before artificial lighting was in two phases:

In the early 1990s, psychiatrist Thomas Wehr conducted an experiment in which a group of people were plunged into darkness for 14 hours every day for a month.

It took some time for their sleep to regulate but by the fourth week the subjects had settled into a very distinct sleeping pattern. They slept first for four hours, then woke for one or two hours before falling into a second four-hour sleep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 07:14:20 am »
Some of you need to learn respect. Didn't your momma teachu nothin?

Humans can be so cold, me included. Remind me to never feed the wolves.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »
It looks like a 2 minutes fragment of longer video. Does anyone know where I can find whole video?

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »
Now I realize it is one of the "Wife Swap" episodes! Too bad I cant find the whole episode anywhere :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk