Author Topic: Candida  (Read 8777 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Candida
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:33:47 am »
If you have candida symptoms, and then you eat a certain way for example rawZC, and no longer notice any or they become so mild that they do not concern you, but then the symptoms return as soon as you have some carbs what does that mean? Does that mean they have gone dormant waiting to re-animate? Does it mean you have some physical problem that just means you can't handle carbohydrates and so Candida just easily fits in where your body is failing, or does it mean you do not have enough good bacteria in your body? And if the latter, why not?

Is there anyone who feels they've dominated Candida completely, as opposed to just incapacitating, sending it into hiding, or just reducing its population etc, or however it works?

If so how did you do it? Did you notice specifically what did it for you, such as high-meat for example?

I'd like any opinions, including from anyone who may think it's down to an irreversibly damaged carb-management system(e.g. destroyed  beta cells in the pancreas).

Or is it just that once Candida gets into the blood you can't get rid of it? Even if you fast, or eat ZC you always have your blood-sugar, so Candida would always survive where it has access to blood, right...? I don't see any way of getting rid of it once it's there..

Or.. If allowed to fast, is the body capable of purposefully lowering blood-sugar, creating flu/fever conditions, to the point where so little Candida survives that it can be swept up and kept out?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:09:08 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
Re: Candida
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:42:15 am »
Do you actually know for sure if you have candida? Did you get tested?

I thought for years that what I had must have been candida, but I think there is always much more at play. This is just my experience so far, though..

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:53:39 am »
I used to believe in candida.. Today, I really don't.

Perhaps it's real, but even then - it's a side effect of a problem, not the actual problem it self.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:54:19 am »
If you have candida symptoms, and then you eat a certain way for example rawZC, and no longer notice

What kind of symptoms do you have?

Generally, I think that high fruit in combination with high plant fats could be a cause of candida. I'm not sure regarding fruit + animals fat, btw. Fructose malabsorption is also very often involved in candida. In such cases undigested fructose ends up in the colon and feeds fungi...

Löwenherz

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:07:34 pm »
By coincidence I just wrote a book review on a yeast infection / candida cure book:

http://www.curemanual.com/2011/02/yeast-infection-no-more-a-healers-review-scam-or-real-deal/

and the book is at

http://yeastinfectionnomore.curemanual.com/

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »
I was once overrun by candida. I literally had yeast growing out from both ends, Nothing seemed to help, it seemed to go through cycles where it would retreat , only to come back if my immune system wore out or I ate the wrong foods. Eventually I became prediabetic and it seemed that when I had a flare up of candida (which symptoms included actual yeast rashes, high white  count, mouth patches) I would also have extreme sugar spikes that occurred at the same time. I began to think that my pancreas was also infected with candida because of all the pain I would get. I really had to deal with hell for a while before I was able to get it under control. I went at it hard with a cold turkey low carb raw paleo along with high meat right from the start. I also eat coconut as my main carb and drink lemon water daily. This was the only way I have found to keep it in total remission.

My experience has made me the paranoid /overly aware person I am today.

I have managed to keep it in remission a low carb high fat diet. I have never tried to leave the low carb zone since beginning this diet because of my past sugar issues. It seemed like the Candida along with most of my other issues seemed to quickly disappear. Although I still feel like I will get few spots on my tongue and will fell off on these cycles, its so mild compaired to my memories of staying in bed with my bones hurting for days on end. My glands would also feel swollen and my adrenals would burn with pain.  

I am paranoid and sometimes will convince myself that I had contracted some kind of bio engineered micro plasm that is still in me , but because of my diet I have been able to fight it better than I used to. I don't know who or where anyone else comes from but I seem to be at ground zero of some biological attach. (The real biological weapons realease never get reported. Nothing to see here move along)  There is such an epidemic of new sicknesses and about the same time I first got sick it seems that the whole fibermyalga epidemic began. There is no telling how many people are really effected. It sometime take years before the body becomes weakend by years of recurring infections and yeast overload. My theory is that candida is a sign that the body has already been hit and hit hard. By what is up for debate.

This is my suggestion
once the body's deffence system is so impaired that it can no longer ward of candida, then perhaps perminate damage can occur, which would force you to have to stay in the very low carb range in order to maintain a gut bacteria profile that could compensate for the damage by preventing the candida from growing in the gut. If excess carbs are ingested then the balance gets lost and candida will gain its foothold oncemore. Now if there is no space age nano bug living within you then perhaps it is possible to heal the body and rejuvenate the glands to such a degree where the body can once and for alltime banishing Candida and all other harmfull invaders. I guess it depends on an individual basis if it is possible to reach that level of recovery..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:08:15 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:06:17 pm »
Check this guy out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kk7eKWTdVQ

He has a 10(approx.) part video series on the science of candida.Hope it helps.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »
I agree with the doctor, that antibiotics are the primary suspect in triggering candida overgrowth's.
I also think that I had a text  book case of candida as he explained it.

Sometimes I do blame myself for some of the problems I have experienced.

I was about 20 and I got chlamydia from some tramp. I went to an urgent treatment center and told them I think I got chlamydia and could I have an antibiotic to treat it. The bastard doctor gave me some mild antibiotic for urinary tract infections. Well three weeks later the clap came back. I went to the health department and had to get a stronger anti biotic. I recovered, but I think after that point my health had been compromised. I drank beer and ate fast food. Although for the most part I was fairly clean living.

I got really sick sometime a year after that with what I thought was a mono infection(damn tramps again) anyway I went to the hospital with swollen glands sore throat, joint pain and chronic fatigue. Well some doctor wrote out an antibiotic and told me this might help. It didn't and I was ill all winter. I thought I had some other infection so I was given some other antibiotic, which after taking it I broke out in hives and my hip joints seemed to lock up and I broke out in shingles(or something). After that I really never felt well. My hip pain became chronic and I would break out in rashes, my pancrease, liver, spleen, galblander adrenals would hurt. I had systemic yeast for sure, but I still wonder if it was a direct cause or just a symptom of being already damaged.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:07 am »
By coincidence I just wrote a book review on a yeast infection / candida cure book:

http://www.curemanual.com/2011/02/yeast-infection-no-more-a-healers-review-scam-or-real-deal/

and the book is at

http://yeastinfectionnomore.curemanual.com/

In brief, what does she recommend?

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 01:27:15 am »
Interesting vid on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmcYRSvwGM&feature=player_embedded

What you guys think?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 02:39:04 am »
@Haai Thats Dr. Douglas Graham aka the writer of the 80/10/10 fruitarian book. Some of his stuff is good other is just bad science so take what he says with a grain of salt.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk