Author Topic: Aajonus Vonderplanitz interview on One Radio Network with host Patrick Timpone?  (Read 45457 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Are there any interviews (MP3 or Videos) with Aajonus Vonderplanitz? I read he was due for a few interviews with Patrick Timpone on One Radio Network http://www.oneradionetwork.com/content/view/122/127/ but Aajonus had to cancel for some reason. I am really in the middle on RAW meat so would love to connect with Aajonus.Will he be on soon?

Pete

He was on Superhuman radio a couple of times recently.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
    He was on Superhuman radio a couple of times recently.

Please always provide a link if possible on this board whenever you come across anything remotely to do with rawpalaeo. Every little helps.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Thanks for the links. I listened to the first SuperHumanRadio show. The best thing about the interview was Vonderplanitz's tip of the hat to Native Americans for helping to show him the way to healthy eating and about the ostracization of them as "savages" for eating some raw meats.

Some of his most intriguing claims were regarding eggs and urine-drinking vegetarians. He said that avidin from eggs doesn't block absorption of biotin in the human body--only in the laboratory. He said he eats up to 50 eggs a day, sometimes with nothing else, without getting biotin deficiency. He claimed that the reason that many vegetarians in India drink their own urine (which I've actually seen advocated by a prominent Indian vegetarian on 60 Minutes) is because they can't get enough protein from their diets (because the protein in the plant foods they eat is not very bioavailable). I've also heard from a radio talk show host and a controversial book author that some Indian vegetarians eat dried dung, perhaps for similar reasons, though I don't know how true that is. The Mongols allegedly drank horse-dung tea along with fresh horse blood as a survival ration to avoid malnutrition and starvation when not enough meat or milk was available. I do know that primates that eat plant-heavy diets do eat their own fresh dung to obtain B12 and other nutrients lacking in their diets, whereas I have not heard of the carnivorous primates (tarsiers) doing that. If people knew that the best natural vegetarianism involves eating one's own feces, how many would still do it?

I was disappointed with the emphasis on protein and raw milk and ignoring of animal fats like marrow and suet, which I believe are likely the most important foods of all. It wasn't suprising when it turned out that many of the advertisers were selling whey protein powders.

Interestingly, Vonderplanitz seems to say in this interview that he got multiple myeloma again while he was eating raw dairy and raw nuts, that he couldn't gain weight or strength from them, that the raw dairy and nuts "didn't do it for me," and that it wasn't until he ate raw meat that he recovered. Somehow he still doesn't make the connection that raw dairy is not healthy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:01:16 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
The idea that anyone would have the time to eat as much as 50 raw eggs a day is ridiculous.

As regards the raw dairy, Aajonus' main reason for recommending them is that raw dairy is the easiest raw animal food that people can get used to, at first. At least, he admits that neither raw eggs nor raw dairy are any good for "rebuilding", unlike raw meats, which is at least a start.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
You're right, Tyler. His admitting that raw dairy is less optimal than raw meats is a start. But it is promotion of raw dairy by people like him and Atkins that have led to the suffering of so many low carbers who continue to eat dairy foods, such as you did for a time, yes?

I'm curious. Why does Cordain get ripped to shreds for advocating lean cooked meats (which I agree that he is wrong about--and I suffered for years myself from eating only somewhat more fat than Cordain recommended--I find I do better on Lex Rooker and Phinney type levels of nondairy fat), but Vonderplanitz seems to get off easy while advocating dairy protein, ignoring suet and marrow, and appearing on a show that advertises processed whey protein powders? Is it because Cordain is a scientist, so we hold him to higher standards? Yet Vonderplanitz is introduced as a "doctor" by the interviewer, and Aajonus didn't seem to mind that, so he is using scientific credentials to promote his views as well. I think Vonderplanitz's doctorate is in nutrition (correct me if I'm wrong), so shouldn't he know better as well? I'm not advocating that anyone trash Vonderplanitz, just thinking that perhaps people are better off treating ALL gurus in the low carb field with polite skepticism (on which Lex has written eloquently), neither trashing them completely for some inevitable human errors, nor embracing everything they say without researching it and testing it for yourself.

The idea that anyone would have the time to eat as much as 50 raw eggs a day is ridiculous.
That's an interesting challenge. Some Instinctos have claimed doing that. If no one here can attest to that I may try it myself some day for kicks, and to test Vonderplanitz's credibility. I suspect that it is possible, though not easy. He's much bigger than I am, so I figure 30 eggs might be a good test for me.

BTW, eating raw eggs seems to piss people off both here and at the ZC forum more than most things. Any idea why that is?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:35:17 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline east147

• Forager
    • View Profile
YES....  Patrick Timpone is talking with Aajonus this Thursday October 15th. I think they are live at 10am and if you have any questions I think you email Patrick now or contact Patrick on his FaceBook account. This is his email address: patrick@oneradionetwork.com

http://www.oneradionetwork.com

http://www.facebook.com/OneRadioNetwork

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
^
From the interview these points seem to be more interesting:

1. Lubrication Formula for building muscle (Blend : butter, egg, honey, lemon). The principle seems to be "lots of fat". I wonder if it works better than "gomad".

2. He says gray hair is caused by free radical minerals (especially Aluminum). But it seems he also has gray hair...
 "eating lots of raspberries with coconut cream and a little butter helps get read of Aluminum"

Anybody tried them?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Aajonus has a different perspective on which cooked foods are the most unhealthy than what we usually see here. Aajonus said that fried high carbohydrate foods have the highest levels of acrylamides and the host then said...

Host: "So it's even more dangerous frying or cooking the carbs than it is the meat?"
Aajonus: "Correct."

Aajonus Vonderplanitz, PhD: Taking Raw To a Whole Other Level
Thursday October 15th
http://www.oneradionetwork2.com/mp3/health/diet/vonderplanitz_aajonus_raw_food_meat_primal_diet_oct_15_09_one.mp3

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
Aajonus has a different perspective on which cooked foods are the most unhealthy than what we usually see here.

haha i.e. what Tyler says ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Well, I've always thought Aajonus was a bit of a charlatan(all those spurious references to heavy-metal-poisoning /aluminium, and now truly odd claims that cooked carbs are worse than cooked meats).
" Ron Paul.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
Blood proteins drop after 5 hours... Your red cells become catabolistic... You consume from two to four tbsp of your blood every night...

Aajonus told me yesterday "to sip raw milk and eat lots of raw eggs to recover from MONO MEAL DIET..."
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Well, I've always thought Aajonus was a bit of a charlatan(all those spurious references to heavy-metal-poisoning /aluminium, and now truly odd claims that cooked carbs are worse than cooked meats).
I should have added that I don't mean to imply that I think Aajonus is 100% right on this and you 100% wrong. I'm undecided and just thought it interesting that Aajonus had pretty much the opposite view, so that there is no unanimity on the subject of which cooked foods are the most unhealthy.

My own experience has been that cooked carbs do me much more harm than cooked meats, but your opposite experience suggests that there is a great amount of variability here. It's such a new field of inquiry that there is much for humanity to learn.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Well, Aajonus is in a minority(of one, re gurus?), and besides most  of the raw food movement gurus being raw vegan-leaning mainly (as well as the mainstream scientific establishment) are of the view that cooked animal fats are worse than cooked carbs, given the prevailing evidence. It's a pity that Aajonus didn't mention any of the other heat-created toxins. If he'd been reasonably competent, he could have mentioned AGEs, HCAs, NSAs and PAHs as well.Those are far  more related to cooked-meats toxin-wise, whereas acrylamide is only relevant re cooked carbs. I wonder if Aajonus simply didn't mention those other toxins because he hasn't researched them. Or perhaps he simply made a common false premise that many cooked low carbers make:- they often compare the consumption of cooked, grassfed meats with the consumption of heavily refined cooked carbs, which is not a valid comparison. Now, if they were to compare a well-cooked McDonald's hamburger with similiarly processed, low-quality cooked refined carbs that would be fine, but they never do.That's the thing, most of those refined carbs are not just cooked but processed in several extra ways that meat usually isn't, so that confuses the issue.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:21:57 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Well, Aajonus is in a minority(of one, re gurus?), and besides most  of the raw food movement gurus being raw vegan-leaning mainly (as well as the mainstream scientific establishment) are of the view that cooked animal fats are worse than cooked carbs, given the prevailing evidence. It's a pity that Aajonus didn't mention any of the other heat-created toxins. If he'd been reasonably competent, he could have mentioned AGEs, HCAs, NSAs and PAHs as well.
He did actually. You should listen to the interview, because it was pretty good. A bit more in-depth than the last one, I think.

Aajonus may be the only guru who thinks this way re: the worst cooked foods, but there's a whole ZC forum of people larger than this one whose experience matches what he said, as does my own. You are correct, though, in that there are vegetarians and vegans who claim to have had your sort of experience and most of the research interpretations have sided with your view. I'm not looking to debate it, just sharing the info for anyone interested that might otherwise go unmentioned here if I didn't.

I think you agree with Aajonus about high meat, so you obviously don't dismiss everything he says, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong about cooked carbs just because some of his views are absurd (and some of the stuff he said in this interview did seem absurd to me). When I first heard about high meats I dismissed it and said I would never try it, but the more I learned about it, the more reasonable it seemed. Now I'm planning on trying it some day (and to a limited degree I have, by eating some raw meat that was slightly off, without any ill effects). High meats reinforced for me the lesson that something that seems absurd on the surface may not be absurd at all. After all, you do realize that most people would think of you and me as kooks for even considering eating high meats, right? Heck, I've already been called a kook just for eating raw meats.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
^
From the interview these points seem to be more interesting:

1. Lubrication Formula for building muscle (Blend : butter, egg, honey, lemon). The principle seems to be "lots of fat". I wonder if it works better than "gomad".

2. He says gray hair is caused by free radical minerals (especially Aluminum). But it seems he also has gray hair...
 "eating lots of raspberries with coconut cream and a little butter helps get read of Aluminum"

Anybody tried them?

I had a few gray hairs.  They went away after eating a lot of butter.

After living mostly on moisturizing formula (same recipe as lubricating formula but it's the name when a woman uses it) for about five weeks already my muscles looked and felt better than ever.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Aajonus just gave the BEST radio interview ever!
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 09:46:09 am »
Aajonus FAN here.

Aajonus just gave the BEST radio interview ever!
Patrick had to do a 2 hour show for Aajonus.
Sure I can't take dairy nor those green juices, but Aajonus scores well in the other departments in my book.

http://www.oneradionetwork.com/health_-_podcasts/diet_and_nutrition/aajonus_vonderplanitz_-_we_want_to_live_-_primal_diet_-living_without_disease_-_october_15th._200910151329/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
He did actually. You should listen to the interview, because it was pretty good. A bit more in-depth than the last one, I think.

Maybe he mentioned it at the end of the interview. I was so bored by the discussion that I stopped 10 minutes from the end.

I think you agree with Aajonus about high meat, so you obviously don't dismiss everything he says, and I don't think he's necessarily wrong about cooked carbs just because some of his views are absurd (and some of the stuff he said in this interview did seem absurd to me). When I first heard about high meats I dismissed it and said I would never try it, but the more I learned about it, the more reasonable it seemed. Now I'm planning on trying it some day (and to a limited degree I have, by eating some raw meat that was slightly off, without any ill effects). High meats reinforced for me the lesson that something that seems absurd on the surface may not be absurd at all. After all, you do realize that most people would think of you and me as kooks for even considering eating high meats, right? Heck, I've already been called a kook just for eating raw meats.

Just because he gets 1 or 2 things right doesn't mean he gets anything else right. So far, other than the raw/high-meat aspect, he seems to get everything else wrong re dairy/green juices/cooked carbs. What pains me, most though, is his emphasis on eating faeces and urine. He admittedly mentions wild animals doing so, but many are herbivores which need special bacteria to predigest certain plant-matter or have inefficient digestive systems like rabbits who need to eat their faeces one more time in order to properly digest their food. And high-meat is so chock-full of bacteria that I don't think it's necessary for Aajonus to claim cures re cancer from eating faeces. As someone once said, Aajonus is a really bad symbol for going raw, his claims re cures for multiple, unrelated diseases sound too good to be true etc. I will accept, though, that even I was convinced that I would never dare try high-meat when I first contemplated going rawpalaeo.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:02:54 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Also Aajonus said that after 5 hours of not eating the we start loosing red blood cells and he only sleeps like 4 hours a day. This is the first time I heard such a thing... and it does not make sense. I followed the warrior diet (eating once a day) and felt really good in that period. I read somewhere that gene expression should start at 40 hours mark or longer.

I also wonder how come the Inuit do not live for like 500 years if they eat this supper high meat food...

William

I also wonder how come the Inuit do not live for like 500 years if they eat this supper high meat food...

Air pollution.
Their dwelling places were lit with seal oil lamps which quickly blackened the snow walls; lungs would have been likewise blackened.

And it's high fat, not high meat. We are talking of pre-contact with self-destructive Europeans.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Just because he gets 1 or 2 things right doesn't mean he gets anything else right.
Agreed, and the corrollary to that is just because he gets some things badly wrong doesn't mean he gets everything wrong, though it does ring the warning alarm on my skept-o-meter.

So far, other than the raw/high-meat aspect, he seems to get everything else wrong re dairy/green juices/cooked carbs.
You at least also agree with him that cooked carbs are bad, you just disagree on the severity.  His comments about cooked carbs also happen to match my experience, so they ring true from my perspective and perhaps we could say that his warnings about the severity of cooked carb badness apply to some people, like me, and apparently him, but not to all people, such as you. So perhaps he is partially correct on that one.

*** WARNING: potentially revolting discussion below ***

What pains me, most though, is his emphasis on eating faeces and urine. He admittedly mentions wild animals doing so, but many are herbivores which need special bacteria to predigest certain plant-matter or have inefficient digestive systems like rabbits who need to eat their faeces one more time in order to properly digest their food. And high-meat is so chock-full of bacteria that I don't think it's necessary for Aajonus to claim cures re cancer from eating faeces. As someone once said, Aajonus is a really bad symbol for going raw, his claims re cures for multiple, unrelated diseases sound too good to be true etc. I will accept, though, that even I was convinced that I would never dare try high-meat when I first contemplated going rawpalaeo.
Interesting, Aajonus didn't discuss coprophagia in either of his last two radio interviews or in any of the written interviews of him that I read, so I wasn't aware of this aspect of his program. I agree with you on this and thanks for the heads up on it. AFAIK, in the wild coprophagia has only been observed among animals that eat plant-heavy diets deficient in certain nutrients like B12. I know of no wild carnivores or plentiful-meat-eating omnivores that practice coprophagia, so if Aajonus is advocating that for primal dieters it makes no sense to me either. The only advocates and practitioners of urine drinking or coprophagia I have encountered before were people who consumed plenty of plant foods (such as old-fashioned Hindu-Indian vegetarians and agrarian folk remedy advocates).

Again, I'm trying to avoid criticizing Aajonus too much until I've learned more about his views, but I do agree that he has not appeared to me to be an optimal representative of raw eating. I feel that his appearance on The Doctors, where he was put up as a laughing stock, was another example where he did not represent it well (although that could be attributed in large part to editing made to make him appear stranger--which is a common TV show tactic to boost ratings), and some of his more bizarre remarks, provided largely without evidence or explanation, in each of his interviews also troubled me. If he is advocating coprophagia, then that strengthens my feeling on this.

Then again, I originally thought high-meat was bizarre, so I'm not going to rule out the possibility that I might learn something else of value from him. Learning about high meat alone was of sufficient value to convince me to see if there's anything else I can glean from him. Aajonus seems to be an example of how even the strangest eccentrics can sometimes teach us some things and sometimes seem to have creative insights that the conformists in society miss. However, if he advocates coprophagia and the TV folks get wind of it, that will probably spell the end of any potential he might have for people taking him seriously on a national level.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:41:09 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
  His comments about cooked carbs also happen to match my experience, so they ring true from my perspective and perhaps we could say that his warnings about the severity of cooked carb badness apply to some people, like me, and apparently him, but not to all people, such as you. So perhaps he is partially correct on that one.

Or, rather more likely, given anecdotal evidence, he is mostly wrong on this point, re cooked carbs.
Interesting, Aajonus didn't discuss coprophagia in either of his last two radio interviews or in any of the written interviews of him that I read, so I wasn't aware of this aspect of his program. I agree with you on this and thanks for the heads up on it. AFAIK, in the wild coprophagia has only been observed among animals that eat plant-heavy diets deficient in certain nutrients like B12. I know of no wild carnivores or plentiful-meat-eating omnivores that practice coprophagia, so if Aajonus is advocating that for primal dieters it makes no sense to me either. The only advocates and practitioners of urine drinking or coprophagia I have encountered before were people who consumed plenty of plant foods (such as old-fashioned Hindu-Indian vegetarians and agrarian folk remedy advocates).

Not true. Coprophagia has been observed in carnivores, such as dogs,and is present in wolves etc.

" Ron Paul.

William

Aajonus seems to be an example of how even the strangest eccentrics can sometimes teach us some things and sometimes seem to have creative insights that the conformists in society miss. However, if he advocates coprophagia and the TV folks get wind of it, that will probably spell the end of any potential he might have for people taking him seriously on a national level.

Eating some kind of shit (horse or camel)as a cure has been successfully practiced in North Africa, copied from the natives by the ww2 Afrika Korps to cure dysentery, who being German made it into a pill or capsule. It worked. still does.
This could be what we are now cutely calling "friendly bacteria", and good shit is a better source than yogurt, and the price is right.

It sounds like AV was suckered by those who use words better than he.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile

had a few gray hairs.  They went away after eating a lot of butter.

How much is a lot of butter to you? I had periods where I'd eat as much as half a pound of butter a day and still have those few white hairs (which stand out because the rest is black).

Air pollution.
Their dwelling places were lit with seal oil lamps which quickly blackened the snow walls; lungs would have been likewise blackened.

Interesting point about air pollution, I didn't know that. Still, there would have been other tribes that were eating healthy in parts of the world where they didnt smoke themselves, right?

Maybe Weston Price discovered some.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
How much is a lot of butter to you? I had periods where I'd eat as much as half a pound of butter a day and still have those few white hairs (which stand out because the rest is black).

Raw local cultured grass grazed butter was the base of each meal.  I ate three meals per day, no snacks, drank no water nor milk ever during that time.  I was better hydrated than ever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk