Author Topic: 801010 and skin health  (Read 25537 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: 801010 and skin health
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »
The calorie gossip in 801010 circles is another absurdity in Doug Grahams underworld. His followers often eat more than 3000 kcal per day and still detoriate and look emaciated. That alone simply shows that something is completely wrong.

On a well balanced raw paleo diet with healthy animals foods you don't need thousands of calories per day. Tsss...

Löwenherz

You're right off course and i never ment to say that i think eating more than 3000kcal a day is healthy or anything. If you and aLptHW4k4y looked at that link i provided you'll see that he does actually (amazing i know) seems to get an adequate amount op prot and even a balanced amino acid profile. I merely ment to say that because of that he(and others) aparently dont deteriorate in the beginning and he actually build some muscle. Off course in the long term they will get deficiancys and look horrible like dr proved. as well as that picture of freelee you provided. Damn she is skinny.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 06:43:16 pm »
And then if you don't exercise all the extra sugar will just drive you crazy.
No doubt. Although i think that even with exercise it will drive you crazy
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »
Those guys all look horribly underfed indeed.However somehow freelee manage to look good if not very good on all images i've ever seen of her. Somehow woman seem to do better on 811.
In part due to her breast implants, and also she sometimes dyes her hair blonde.

Aparently if you make sure you burn 7000 kcals a day and actually eat that many cals you seem to get decent nutrients from the diet along with a few kgs sugar of course. This might explain why for some time his diet seemed to be working for him.
Yeah, I suspect he would fare much worse if he wasn't consuming vast amounts of calories.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 08:02:35 pm »
Woah, when I plotted this:
1 watermelon 20lb
1/2 head of celery
3000 calories of bananas – a box full
sultanas approx 1/2 cup
citrus – oranges, 15 lbs
it turned out to 9300 calories: 150g protein, 2350g carbs, 35g fat!
And still some of the essential amino acids barely cover the minimum requirements, like methionine, leucine and tyrosine. Who know how much the protein needs go up when you have 300g of fiber going through you..
B12/D is 0, vitamin K is near 0, the rest is through the roof. Choline (very important for brain and liver health) is likely 0 too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:08:32 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline spitfiredd1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »
It's mainly lack of protein on that diet that's causing problems.. you need A LOT of fruit to get enough complete protein. Apparently more than what 3-4000 calories of fruit provide. And then if you don't exercise all the extra sugar will just drive you crazy.

My hypothesis is that not all the calories from fruit are absorbed in the body, since fruit goes through the digestive track so quick you might only be absorbing 50-60% of the calories you are taking in.  So someone who is consuming only 3000 calories might only be absorbing 1500-1800 calories and the rest is eliminated.  I mean there has been studies showing that more calories are available for absorption through cooking foods, and then there is always a balance between overcooking and lightly cooking if you do cook your food.
Other forums I frequent:
Give it to me Raw
30bananasadaysucks.com

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:20 am »
In part due to her breast implants, and also she sometimes dyes her hair blonde.
Yeah, I suspect he would fare much worse if he wasn't consuming vast amounts of calories.

They're not natural?

I also think she crashed from the 811 diet a couple of years back then started it all over again or something. I remember i read something like that, then she explained why she quit and why she's back on the 811 wagon. Am i wrong here?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 05:54:05 am »
They're not natural?
Our own sweet Dorothy gave me the dirt on that, and I've seen other people report it as well. It's believable, because aside from her breasts, she's very thin (like many other raw vegans, including even other females, though it's particularly noticeable in the males). They don't match the rest of her body.

I also think she crashed from the 811 diet a couple of years back then started it all over again or something. I remember i read something like that, then she explained why she quit and why she's back on the 811 wagon. Am i wrong here?
I don't know, I haven't seen reports of that. Dorothy might know. I miss Dorothy's posts and hope she'll post again soon.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 10:42:01 am »
thats not a diet, thats called an eating disorder...
i think eating that much fruit really does feed into food obsession because your poor body is strugglign with all that sugar and trying to keep up with it, so you have to eat fruit constantly, also just in looking at "freelee" you can tell that she has some kind of disordered eating and high sugar binges...the only time i have ever had a super skinny body but chubby cheeks was when i eating much less fat and much higher carb and i would often binge on things like watermelons or oats and the next day my face would be super bloated
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:50:56 am by jessica »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2012, 03:58:49 am »
But in fairness, these folks live really hard lives, at their tropical retreats, dealing with clients via e-mail and such.

At least they must be sharing at least one half of the truth right?

---

I was on that forum before that book even came out, and he was adamant and proud that he "simply took the successful diet of Ornish, McDougal etc.. and practiced by the Kenyans" (paraphrasing) and decided that since raw foods were better than cooked foods...

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3955
Kenyan food is remarkably basic: small amounts of roasted meat, cooked greens, fruit, milk and, always, ugali, a thick, polenta-style cornmeal porridge. Made from water and maize (corn), which is traditionally ground by hand into flour, ugali serves as the national dish of East Africa (click here for recipe). Bland and tasteless by itself, Kenyans eat ugali daily, typically as a base for a meat stew and thinned with milk or water into a thin gruel for breakfast. Unappetizing as it might sound to you, Kenyans love it. Lisa Buster, who manages a host of Kenyan runners, including two-time New York City Marathon winner John Kagwe and Boston Marathon winner Catherine Ndereba, can attest to ugali’s lure. "After my runners have been away a day or two to a race," says Buster, "I can hardly get them back from the airport quickly enough so they can have ugali."

Ugali’s central role makes the typical Kenyan diet rich in carbohydrates and very low in fat. The emphasis on dark green leafy vegetables, such as collard greens and kale, fruit, and milk, provides ample amounts of key nutrients: folic acid, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium. Small servings of meat and several glasses of whole milk (consumed in hot tea) provide quality protein and a small amount of fat. Hard-training athletes consciously keep added fat to a minimum, primarily supplied by small amounts of vegetable oil used in cooking.

Mike Kibe, a promising young Kenyan runner living in the United States, provides an inside look into the Kenyans’ typical eating habits. "We basically eat two meals a day: lunch and dinner," Kibe explains, "unless someone is training three times a day to get in shape. That runner will have something easily digested, such as bread and butter or two boiled eggs, following the first early morning run, so they will be ready to go again a few hours later. Otherwise, we’ll drink tea made with lots of milk and sugar before and after our first workout, as well as fruit [following the run] to settle our stomachs."

As we know, this logic is 100% sound that when we replace cooked foods with completely different raw foods, and subtract entire food groups, we automatically as if by magic, end up with better quality all encompassing nutrition that includes everything we need, and thus better results, particularly in the fitness fields.

Let me just double-check to see if muscle meats, ocean fish, and eggs fill out the essential remaining daily aminos, Vit A, vik K, calcium, D, B vitamins, etc...

Kipchoge ("Kip") Keino (born 17 January 1940) [pic 2011]
1972 Munich    3000 metres steeple - Gold

seems faring ok in comparrison to most other high sugar folks anyway, particularly for that type of training.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:56:54 am by KD »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 12:38:33 am »
I may be wrong here, but does it always seem like the black folks are the ones doing the best on these high plant diets while white people seem to suffer the most?

Perhaps the high availability of plant foods in africa made them better adapted to such a thing compared to the white mans much less plant filled environment.

I also feel as though women do better on high plant diets than men. That could just be because women are generally stronger than men in resisting disease and such things. Women arent stronger in a fist fight or weight lifting and stuff but they can take a bullet better than men and survive much more poison than men and stuff like that. I guess that means they can also take the poison of raw veganism a lot better than men as well.
-----------

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 01:26:40 am »
I may be wrong here, but does it always seem like the black folks are the ones doing the best on these high plant diets while white people seem to suffer the most?

Black people have high levels of Vitamin D which is accompanied with healthy gut bacteria.

When eating meat, we intake preformed vitamins and minerals while when we eat plants, we gotta make the vitamins from other molecules, from scratch, we need high levels of Vitamin D and healthy gut bacteria to accomplish this. Hence Vitamin D keeps in balance all hormones & organs, and healthy gut bacteria is needed to make additional Vitamins from plant molecules, plus convert vitamin K1 to K2. The body works a lot different on a plant based diet.

Most people following 811 have dandruff; hence a sign of omega 6 deficiency. Nuts.

As for the graham guy, he should stop staring into the mid-day Sun, the guy is slowly cooking himself. *face palm*

Amazing skin doesn't have to do with only good fats; happiness and activity play major roles in someones health, inside and out.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:05:35 am by cobalamin »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:44 am »
The research on black people and vitamin d said that they have lower levels. show me where you got your info. Maybe its just because black people are target with slowkill eugenics operations to a greater extent than others and in reality given the same circumstances they would have higher levels.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk