Author Topic: Blue Hill Bay Pickled Herring  (Read 19732 times)

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Hill Bay Pickled Herring
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:39 am »
I just made them like Inger, marinated overnight in apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey and salt. Served with some egg yolk and a bit of honey on top. Best thing ever, I ate almost half a kg of herring today :D It's nothing like the pickled ones you can buy, which have a like a 100x stronger vinegary taste and are barely edible (for me).

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 05:49:17 am »
I just made them like Inger, marinated overnight in apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey and salt. Served with some egg yolk and a bit of honey on top. Best thing ever, I ate almost half a kg of herring today :D It's nothing like the pickled ones you can buy, which have a like a 100x stronger vinegary taste and are barely edible (for me).

I have just got frozen Herring (butterfly) fillet for 4.59 Euro per 800 gm packing from Kaufland (germany).

Previously, I often ate the Bismarck Herring, but never liked the vinegar taste.

Now I think, tomorrow I will be really thankful to you and Inger after eating my self marinated Herring fillet.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 03:58:01 am »
I ate, I agree it was the best thing I ate....

Inger,  could you please tell me how long could we preserve it in apple cider vinegar?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk