Author Topic: Taking a leap of faith, Curing Eczema is my only goal(attention: GoodSamaritan)  (Read 104337 times)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Update: I've compared my rashes to pictures of eczema and candida..
I'm pretty sure I have candida relating to some of the symptoms, but hey, it's still speculation.

Been getting better results on detoxification (or healing) from including organ meat (liver almost everyday for the last several days) and the rashes seem to be stopping their spread. But a lot of new lesions still get scratched out around back, stomach and thighs

I'm following a very strict raw paleo diet right now

Yesterday's menu:
4 green bananas (i was trying the resistant starch idea..I don't know if i should though given that I might have candida)
1 whole pound of beef liver
2 whiting fish
chamomile tea x1 cup
magnesium drink (looking at it, it has stevia in it [organic])..don't know how that plays out
some blade roast (finally found fatty enough cut to make meat taste good holy crap)
1 cup of coffee (Was trying to get bowel movement from coffee..didn't get much)
Only supplement I'm taking now is Vitamin D3 (5000 IU) 
------

For the last several days I've been mixing in some seafood (whiting / oysters) as well, but realize the quality of oysters isn't really top notch..the whiting is alright though

I've also emphasized to take in Liver to help recovery, it seems like liver was key to stopping my rash from further developing. Now it has stopped at my forearm instead of further spreading onto my hands and leg area it has stopped at upper thigh.

Also tried garlic on and off, from previously not even able to take in 1 garlic clove, now I can take 1.5-2 clove without nausea and stomach pain. Lots of gas though. Less gas as I tried the 2nd time. Potentially mixed results as an anti-fungal.
----------------
Quite constipated right now...contemplating what to do next.
I'm quite sure it's candida mixed in with eczema. I really think it's a great messy mix
Unhealthy gut flora = Inability to protect against Candida, also triggered by mental stress and compromised immune system.

Re Eveheart
I do appreciate your recommendation on following a strict raw paleo diet. I am doing that now. The coffee was for me to get bowel movement but I guess that has proven ineffective. Anyways, thank you for your kind words it helped me to take a step back.

-------------------

So, I've got everything prepared to keep following a strict RPD
What's the next step?

A. Prebiotics + Probiotics (Coming in on Monday+ Tuesday)
B. Anti-fungal supplementation (Coconut oil / Garlic) for Candida

-------------

Also made Sauerkraut Last night with some seasalt, so we'll see how that works out. Next Day for opening minimum 20/12/2014-25/12/2014 (Christmas)
Read up on an anaerobic recipe and doing it with lids fully covered and sealed air tight, with water slightly covering.
Is that correct? 
Also got fresh order of meat in today but I can't make them into high meat because I'll be taking a small trip in Christmas and I remember reading that I need to air it everyday (or at least every couple days)..?
---------

My mind is settling down a little bit now from decreased stress in academics. Almost at the end so things will get better.
---------------

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:12:09 pm by badboy9311 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Why are you taking Vitamin D supplements?

Can you just get real sunlight in your part of the world?

What have you done about your drinking water?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:22:18 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Im in Canada where sunlight is quite limited given that I'm also wearing a thick jacket. I'm doing research on getting a water system but likely not resolving until I get some more money

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Why are you taking Vitamin D supplements?

Can you just get real sunlight in your part of the world?

GS, welcome to the World of Solid Coconut Oil! The sun gets pretty low in Canada, so I think vit D supplement makes sense. I've had vit D blood tests summer and winter here at 37 N latitude, and I need supplements in the winter. It's unusual to get sunlight on your skin in winter because most of the skin is always covered with clothing. The list of low vit D symptoms can long and vague, including just a "blah" feeling all the time, so it makes sense to pay attention to vit D.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
GS, welcome to the World of Solid Coconut Oil!
Haha nice one  :D

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
aren't you eating too much, for being so ill?

isn't suposed that the energy of your body must NOT be concentrated in the digestion, if you want it to be concentrated on the healing of your body?

if it is all day long occupied digesting foods, your healing will be slow, if you eat just a little bit every day, the foods that you feel are digesting quicklier, you will heal faster. sleeping, and not doing exercise, also helps on having more energy for healing.

keep it as simplest as you can, it seems to me that you are complicating too much. rest and light eating will cure you (your body will cure itself, with the help of the raw foods nutrients) .

It's not the food that is curing you, the foods are just the "soap" of the cleaning. but if you never have a "shower" (energy focused on healing) there is no point on having 10 kilograms of soap....

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
Good advise Ciervo, however I think light exercises such as walking can actually help his digestion.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Congrats on the improvements, badboy9311. Liver is a good source of vitamin A, which is beneficial for many skin problems. Vitamin A also helps metabolize carbs. Coincidentally, I just got some deer liver from my brother-in-law recently.

One of our ex-forum members, Danny Roddy, also had interesting improvements from vitamin-A-rich foods, after a period of raw near-zero carb:
...consuming dairy chapped-the-shit out of my lips, gave me acne (cystic) and kicked up dandruff. I assumed "I just couldn't handle it" and even entertained the idea that I had a bacterial infection.

I held those views until I heard Dr. Ray Peat on Josh Rubin's East West Healing radio show. Peat mentioned that an increase in metabolic rate caused an increase need for vitamin A.

"Cream, butter, eggs, and liver are good sources of vitamin A. When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity." --Ray Peat

This opened me up for a HUGE reinterpretation of what was going on in my own body. I thought about all the vexing reactions I had to many of the foods Peat recommends for increasing metabolism. Dandruff and chapped lips, both symptoms of vitamin A deficiency (and a lot of other things), were consistently the result of consuming a large amount of orange juice, honey, and dairy.

Adding vitamin A rich foods (raw yolks, raw liver) remedied these problems literally overnight. Once again, another example of how studying Peat's work has improved my well being, even if he or I are way off." --Danny Roddy, http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/6/27/becoming-the-warmest-man-alive.html
Jeff Leach has written some interesting stuff on garlic and other fructan-rich foods:
If I was stranded on a desert island for 10 days, what food would I take with me, assuming I had water?  I would take onions, garlic, and leeks.  It seems counterintuitive at some level, but as you know, the prebiotic concept, which was created by Glenn Gibson and Marcel Roberfroid in 1995, and I’ve published stuff with Glenn before on prebiotics from archeological stuff, but I eat onions every day.  I try to eat leeks every day.  Garlic not only keeps away vampires, but it contains prebiotic fructans.

http://chriskresser.com/you-are-what-your-bacteria-eat-the-importance-of-feeding-your-microbiome-with-jeff-leach
I've been trying an external skin lotion source of vitamin D. I figure that since we got most of our vitamin D via the skin/sunlight in the past, that might be the safer way to go. Won't know if it's working at all until my next vitamin D test.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:44:10 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Good advise Ciervo, however I think light exercises such as walking can actually help his digestion.

how walking can aid to digestion??

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
I don't know how it works specifically, but I've read it once on this forum as well, that walking helped digestion.
Also in French culture it is quite common to go for a "digestive walk" after a big meal (promenade digestive).

Anyways, I don't think slumping on a sofa all day long will help his current state of health, or anyone's, if that's what you're suggesting (hopefully not ;)). If he has the energy to move around, then he probably should.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:01:55 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/really-the-claim-taking-a-walk-after-a-meal-aids-digestion/?_r=0

"German researchers looked at what happened when people ate a large meal and then consumed either an espresso or an alcoholic digestif — like brandy or flavored liqueur — or walked at a slow pace on a treadmill. Walking, they found, sped the rate at which food moved through the stomach. The beverages had no effect."

Link to the actual study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18392240
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:55:43 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
ok, thanks for this info. despite i don't like that kind of studies.

they forgot to make a test on people not drinking nor walking after meal. so you can't say walking is better than resting after meal, you can say (regarding that study), that walking after meal is faster "Gastric half emptying time" than drinking after meal. they even didn't say how much time they were walking. (but i doubt there was more than 10-15 minutes)

Conclusion of the study (by the people that make the study) Postprandial consumption of alcoholic digestifs did not affect gastric emptying rate of a solid meal (comparing against what? water after meal?) nor postprandial dyspeptic complaints. However, postprandial walking accelerated gastric emptying of the meal (compared to what, water?) but this had no effect on dyspeptic symptoms

i was talking about focusing all energy on healing.

doing exercise occupy energy that can be doing healing.

and then, if the exercise is a strong one, you need more energy to recover from it. so , less energy for healing. it's simple.

he will not be hurt or be damaged by resting, not by walking (buy i doubt walking all day is better than resting all day, again, talking about what is better for healing)

and it's not good to be doing it all the time (resting). just when you want to heal. (being sick, or having a little issue you want to recover)

if you are in perfect health, why you would want to be in a sofa all day?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

My grandfather used to walk after dinner to aid in digestion.  I have tried it and it works.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Many exercises aid digestion at different times and in different ways by massaging the digestive system.  The rhythmic movement and bouncing that occurs during walking tends to help food move through the digestive system as well as allow gas to move around and released, relieving pressure and allowing passage of foods.  Other activities such as certain yoga poses help to squish different parts if the digestive tract to enhance movement of foods or foods becoming poops or poops.  I find hiking and running, especially down hill, help to regulate digestion, many people find just bouncing up and down on a mini trampoline to be therapeutic in much the same way.  I think the increase in respiration and metabolism and also how it encourages lymphatic flow and drainage are also a huge help.

There are also many self massage techniques to help assist poops in the ascending, transverse and descending colon that I have found success with in the past.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:54:10 am by jessica »

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
ok, thanks for this info. despite i don't like that kind of studies.
Which kind of studies? "Scientific" studies  ;)?

they forgot to make a test on people not drinking nor walking after meal. so you can't say walking is better than resting after meal, you can say (regarding that study), that walking after meal is faster "Gastric half emptying time" than drinking after meal.
Well, actually, the group who only drank water can be considered the "control group". The group that walked after eating also drank water, so they all pretty much started from the same place, except one did light exercise (walking) and the other did not.

they even didn't say how much time they were walking. (but i doubt there was more than 10-15 minutes)
They where walking on the treadmill at 4 km/h for the three remaining hours of the study (must've been hella' boring :P), except when they where being examined. link to the full study here: http://www.jgld.ro/2008/1/4.pdf

"To study additionally the effect of walking on gastric
emptying, subjects received postprandially 40 ml of water
another time and walked afterwards slowly on a treadmill (4
km/h) during the following 3 hours only interrupted by the
US measurements, which were performed in sitting position.
"
Conclusion of the study (by the people that make the study) Postprandial consumption of alcoholic digestifs did not affect gastric emptying rate of a solid meal (comparing against what? water after meal?) nor postprandial dyspeptic complaints. However, postprandial walking accelerated gastric emptying of the meal (compared to what, water?) but this had no effect on dyspeptic symptoms
Didn't read the whole study, but I think this is how they did it, yeah.
i was talking about focusing all energy on healing.

doing exercise occupy energy that can be doing healing.

and then, if the exercise is a strong one, you need more energy to recover from it. so , less energy for healing. it's simple.

he will not be hurt or be damaged by resting, not by walking (buy i doubt walking all day is better than resting all day, again, talking about what is better for healing)

and it's not good to be doing it all the time (resting). just when you want to heal. (being sick, or having a little issue you want to recover)

if you are in perfect health, why you would want to be in a sofa all day?
If Badboy's feeling so tired or sick that he doesn't want to move, fine. But if the issue is just digestion after eating something, but feeling fine and energetic the rest of the time, I think walking outside can only be good for him. It's not all black and white as in "If I dare move my little finger, I'll waste healing energy!"

Imagine if you told a type 2 diabetic that he shouldn't move because he's "sick". You'd be actually making things worse!  :o

I know you're not thinking so extremely, but it seems as if you believe moving will make him heal slower than if he just layed in bed.
Moving when you can and feel like it will only help your whole body get into motion, healing motion, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:48:15 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
i'm not saying moving will make him sick.

I don't like All the scientific studies. some of them are not to be taking too serious.

so, badboy must take in consideration walking 3 hours at 4km/h (thats 12 km) after a meal to aid his digestion? its fine ... you are the scientist here, not me.

i dont know why are you taking my words to the extreme, when i told him my "advise" , i said, "not doing exercise will make you have more energy for healing", just that. i don't consider moving a finger "exercise", not even walking. (but walking for 3 hours straight i do consider exercise, and energy consuming).

And , I repeat, I consider that saving all energy - not doing anything that cosumes it and need you to recover from- will aid healing, our energy is always driving us to health. (where is the energy when you are not doing anything, like sleeping? how do you feel when you wake up? -8 hs after doing nothing-)

if you have health you will want to do things. it's natural.

the diabetes thing is nonsense. if he wants to heal, he must stop eating garbage. and eating healthy food (not carbs or sugars) and resting will accelerate the healing.

Keep reading science, its good for you. i dont really care. thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:15:38 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
I think there is a misunderstanding here, but too irrelevant to expose it on this thread in lengthy details.
 I'll just say this though:

I certainly am no scientist, I just like to back up the things I claim, when I can.

i dont know why are you taking my words to the extreme
Previously on: "Jeunekoq said..."
I know you're not thinking so extremely, ...

Anyways I think that if Badboy has the energy and mind to walk around, he definitely should. Not necessarily 3 hours, but a little stroll in nature can only do good. However I agree with Ciervo that if you're lacking energy, doing intense physical exercises such as lifting isn't something I would recommend doing, even if you want to "keep in shape". You'll have time to do it later, when you're better.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
yeah, whatever. I still have to probe it by myself.

have a nice day!

(now walking 3 hours after every meal to aid my digestion! hurra for science!)  :P

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Had a water enema last night to get rid of my intestinal blockage.. (or just long old constipation)
It's so dry and stuck in there for so long I resorted to getting it out first

Rebuilding my inflammated body, My arms are getting better now.
Still some lesions on back and front of body, but it seems like overall inflammation decreased.

All raw diet still, upping variety and quantity of carbohydrates
Eating organic green bananas, parnship, garlic, pears in the rotation right now

----------

Seems like my body is decreasing in area of inflammation but there's still quite a lot of inflammation going on
so going to increase my organ meat + saturated fat intake for energy

Taking prescript-assist to try out the quality of probiotics, see if they help my wrecked gut

Going to put heavy lifting into the mix as well, seems like the growth hormone boost from lifting really helps me recover from past experience.

Probably contradiction to most would advice here, but from experience that's what helps really. Probably not going to overdo it though, 3 times per week.

---------

Had some slip up of 1 glass of wine + a little chocolate yesterday..
Also, is frozen fruit filled with preservatives? i bought some for fruit smoothies (guilty pleasure)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Congrats, sounds like an improvement in overall approach, with better results.

Also, is frozen fruit filled with preservatives? i bought some for fruit smoothies (guilty pleasure)
The package should have an ingredients list.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk