Author Topic: (Partial) Invitation to Northwestern Italy  (Read 9977 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
(Partial) Invitation to Northwestern Italy
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:47:44 pm »
I would like to invite people to my villa in Northwestern  Italy between August 1st and August 16th. It is on the coast, 5km from the French border, between Menton and Ventimiglia. I have my younger brother, unfortunately, coming between the 7th and 11th August, with a c.dozen of his friends, so there might be only 2-4 places available during this period. Otherwise, there would be more like 17 places available outside that time-period.

Catches are that:- my battle-axe  of a mother would insist on a 5 pound sterling per person a day charge for electricity-usage/water-usage etc. Otherwise rent is free.  Also, you would have to buy your own food. I could provide you  beforehand with local sources of raw foods, some good, some questionable, some low-priced, some high-priced.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: (Partial) Invitation to Northwestern Italy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:52 am »
Well, my mother does, apparently, not insist on that 5 pound per day payment.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:36:33 am »
I sure do wish I could afford to get to get to Italy. Damn the US. :D
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:29:54 am »
I sure do wish I could afford to get to get to Italy. Damn the US. :D
You are a very lucky man. You live in a country famed for its obesity, and, at the same time, unsurprisingly, it is also the most fanatically-focused health-food nation. You already have thousands of primal dieters living all over the US, plus some Instinctos etc. Just browse the Internet and you will find primal potlucks etc. where you can meet fellow rawists.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 06:33:59 am »
You are a very lucky man. You live in a country famed for its obesity, and, at the same time, unsurprisingly, it is also the most fanatically-focused health-food nation. You already have thousands of primal dieters living all over the US, plus some Instinctos etc. Just browse the Internet and you will find primal potlucks etc. where you can meet fellow rawists.

Oh the paradox is unreal. We have access to some of the best "health-foods" (really anything you want) yet day in and day out people choose to eat chinese and boxed dinners. It's not even the fast food that's the big thing. Most obese people I know hardly do fast food, they buy everything prepackaged and microwave, bake, or fry it, cover it in processed salt/sugar/dressings/sauces, and then drink it down with grain-based alcohol or processed juices.

And the sad thing is we are SO obsessed with idols. Dr. Oz is considered "America's god-send" because of how much "alternative health info" he provides. The show "The Doctors" is just as notorious for presenting biased opinions. I remember shortly after I read "Why we get fat and what to do about it" from Gary Taubes, my parents said he was on Dr. Oz's show. They said it was absurd at how Dr. Oz presented Taubes, as this unrealistic lunatic going on a cooked carnivorous diet because he didn't "enjoy" his veggies. Our obsession with plant matter in this country makes people very confused and in a sheeple position.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing where I'm at. I just meant damn the U.S. as in; familiarity of my own surroundings makes me want to travel, and currently I don't have the funds to do so.

Interesting tip however, I think it would be fun to find other rawists in WA and split an animal with them. I may do more searching.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
I would come Tyler, if it was not that I already have a ticket for Norway exactly at that time. Damn. Sound like a amazing place. I bet you can get much nice seafood there, maybe even pick oysters at the coast...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »
Oysters, sadly no. But you used to be able to pick tons of limpets until recently. Sadly, the mediterranean is way over-fished these days, so raw seafood is usually, though not always, very expensive. Raw sea-urchin eggs are still plentiful, though........
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 05:06:10 am »
I could provide you  beforehand with local sources of raw foods, some good, some questionable, some low-priced, some high-priced.

What low-priced good food sources are we talking about? How much is large herbivore (organ) meat and fat (from good source)?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:16 am »
What low-priced good food sources are we talking about? How much is large herbivore (organ) meat and fat (from good source)?
Well, there is some horsemeat in Ventimiglia which is pretty cheap(from 4 to 20 euros a kilo, depending on cut). I am not certain of its grassfed status, but it tastes way better than the grainfed beef from another local butcher. The horse-butcher does not , sadly, provide organs. Then there's the fish-market which does provide some very cheap fish, in addition to some very expensive prawns.

I am hampered by the fact that I don't have a driving-licence and don't speak Italian. If I did, I would go into the hills behind my home and just buy a goat-carcass from one of the wild farmers there.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 10:02:58 am »
Such a generous offer!  Of course, I would love to as well, I still have family in southern Italy I have never met.  And here I am stuck the in the US of A.  Sounds amazing, I hope you enjoy your holiday Tyler!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:52:04 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »
ah, it does sound wonderful...

a trek of this nature would require a little more planning, any chances this type of gathering would be an annual event?

forget the need for a car, you should just take a walk to a farm, point to a goat and offer some money for the beast (the simple gestures would trump the language barrier), and then ride the goat back to your place...     ;)
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »
 Oh man Tyler! I just got my driving license 2 weeks ago! I am going to Norway this fall to earn some good money so I can buy a car.. then you need to invite us once more to your beautiful place and I'll come too for sure and take you wherever you want to buy great stuff with my tiny little cabriolet...   ;D (if you have the courage to be my passenger..lol)

Hmmmm.. I could drive down to Italy! If you want I'll pick you up on the way down.  ;) That would be so much fun to drive through Europe!

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 03:56:09 pm »
I would love to come but two and a half weeks ago I switched my employer, so it's not possible for me to take a vacation during August.
In general I have to plan any vacation as early as possible to be able to coordinate vacations with my colleagues.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 04:11:21 pm »
Well, next year we have June or September.

I'm personally not bothered with people using our property while we're not there. Unfortunately, my mother is afraid of the Internet or something, and therefore views all my rawpalaeo friends as potential serial-killers/criminals/drugged-out hippies or whatever. Yet she happily allows my younger brother to invite his dozen or so friends.  I think her attitude  has to do with wealth as my brother is an investment banker like most of his friends. Any millionaires/billionaires among us, by any chance?

I should add that the villa has a large garden and direct access to the sea. No sandy beach, but there is a proper sandy beach a 20 minute  or so walk away. For those with cars, it's 5 minutes drive from Menton, c. 20 minutes from Monte Carlo, and c.3/4 of an hour to Nice.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
I'm no millionaire, but a university graduate und I have a well paying job.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
Oh man Tyler! I just got my driving license 2 weeks ago! I am going to Norway this fall to earn some good money so I can buy a car.. then you need to invite us once more to your beautiful place and I'll come too for sure and take you wherever you want to buy great stuff with my tiny little cabriolet...   ;D (if you have the courage to be my passenger..lol)

Hmmmm.. I could drive down to Italy! If you want I'll pick you up on the way down.  ;) That would be so much fun to drive through Europe!

oooohhhh driving down Europe with a brand new driver.
That does sound exciting!
When do you think you'll be going?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 04:17:00 am »
I'll check if I find cheap flight I'll definitely come by. I've been around there, in Ventimiglia, Monte Carlo, San Remo, Nice, etc. it's a beautiful coast. It would be really nice to meet some like-minded rawpaleos, most people I know are scared of touching raw animal food let alone eating it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:22:59 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »
oooohhhh driving down Europe with a brand new driver.
That does sound exciting!
When do you think you'll be going?

Well, I guess next summer, June or September..  ;) as Tyler said..
I like to drive.. very much!  :) I just need to buy a cabriolet, so I can drive in bikini and tan and feel the wind and the sun on my skin. I am addicted to them you know.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:11 am »
I'll check if I find cheap flight I'll definitely come by. I've been around there, in Ventimiglia, Monte Carlo, San Remo, Nice, etc. it's a beautiful coast. It would be really nice to meet some like-minded rawpaleos, most people I know are scared of touching raw animal food let alone eating it.

??? Where do you come from? In Italy, almost every one eats raw animal food (e. g., "prosciutto crudo" - air-dried ham). In Germany almost every one eats raw animal food too (e. g., "Mett" - minced and seasoned raw pork).

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:17 am »
Given enough notice, perhaps my girlfriend and I could plan for next year. My girlfriend is a member of couchsurfing.com and wants to couch surf Europe next year,she already has a few friends that would host us, so its possible we could drop by and visit the villa .

We have hosted a few couch surfers over the last few months and its been an overwhelmingly positive experience. There was a food biologist from Italy who works for "Alltech" He stayed three days and we had the most wonderful time disscussing life abroad and had debates that were on cutting edge of nutritional science.

Couch surfing could be a way for more paleos to gather and share their experiences and feast on fresh kills together.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »
I'm on couchsurfing too, it's an awesome concept.
I won't be able to visit this year, too many trips already, but we can plan better for next year!

??? Where do you come from? In Italy, almost every one eats raw animal food (e. g., "prosciutto crudo" - air-dried ham). In Germany almost every one eats raw animal food too (e. g., "Mett" - minced and seasoned raw pork).
I guess I only meet the rest of the almost everyone.. I'm from Southeast Europe though, eating raw animal food is absolutely unheard of here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:50:57 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 05:41:03 am »

I am hampered by the fact that I don't have a driving-licence and don't speak Italian. If I did, I would go into the hills behind my home and just buy a goat-carcass from one of the wild farmers there.

Gasp!
I do possess both of those qualities but I am not around..
I wish I could help you -[

Do you guys like wild boar?
I guess you could buy it or even hunt it down in the woods yourselves..

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:56 am »
next year.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk