Author Topic: Not doing good on raw paleo 2weeks in  (Read 10213 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Not doing good on raw paleo 2weeks in
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:24:04 am »
So i started raw paleo caus i have had a week digestion all my life, NO allergies but not ever been hungry. I was hoping raw would strengthen my digestion. However now 2weeks in with mostly lamb/beef meat, beef fat, bone marrow i feel no power in my legs and i never feel like eating, feels like im always full but NO bloating/constipation/gas. I am loosing weight and would now be classifeid as underweight. Fruit is NOT a solution since all fruit makes me less hungry then ever (been on and off frutarian for abot a year before and my body just hate fruit now). What is also scaring me is that my eyes a getting blood shot every time after i eat. Been trying to mix it up with seafood but every seafood gives me a fever feeling and chills. I know this diet is much more then my body ever can handle right now but im not knowing if it trys to adjust or if i have physical problems inhibiting me from eating this way ever.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Not doing good on raw paleo 2weeks in
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:47:24 am »
Sometimes appetite can be stimulated with some unrefined sea salt.

Also, I think you may still be adjusting to low-carb.

Are there any raw carbs you HAVEN'T overdone?  Maybe raw honey?

Exercise is good for stimulating appetite.  Do you do any exercise?  How much activity does your job include?

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 11:54:21 am »
Every supplement i try makes thins worse like salt or fermented foods. I feel the best if i only eat muscle meat and fat with some raw honey. I am not doing any exercis and im not workin atm because i have fever and extreme neck pains going back a week now.

The biggest problem i have is with fiber. They constipate me.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:53 pm »
How much water are you drinking?  How do you do on less sugary fruits like cucumber?

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »
i think c_k is right, it does sound like a low carb adjustment...

if you have problems with all of these food options, and feel best with primarily consuming raw animal products, i'm curious how your diet was before you decided to go "raw"?  was all your food just cooked meats?  any veggies? what was in your diet?  good digestion of raw foods usually involves building up the right bacteria in your stomach (i think that's right?  c_k?)  if you feel the fiber is what binds your stool, i think c_k is hinting that water consumption should help...  fiber always helps me with bowel movements, not the opposite...  maybe juicing veggies and fruits (to remove the fiber) would help you intake more carbs, unless low carb is where you're trying to go with this...  a gradual transition into a raw diet may allow your body time to adjust to changes...  don't give up too soon, as we all feel "raw" is a better alternative to "cooked", but also don't try to suddenly force a particular type or style of raw diet on yourself if your body is not well equipped to adapt to it...  some things take time...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:09:48 pm by bookittyrun »
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 02:38:02 pm »
have you perused the raw carnivorous forum for threads relating to your particular symptoms, since this type of diet is where you seem to be headed?
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »
I had much the same symptoms when doing my disastrous raw, zero-carb experiments. If they get worse, consider adding in carbs that your body does tolerate(eg:- nuts? veggies?)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »
"good digestion of raw foods usually involves building up the right bacteria in your stomach"

There should be no bacteria in your stomach, and very few in your small intestine. The only place there should be much bacteria is your colon. The only way you will build up bacteria in your stomach/SI is if your digestive system has failed and you're no longer producing good stomach acid..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »
thank you for the clarification...  i knew i wasn't sure about that... 

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 04:32:52 pm »
i think i have become confused with thinking "good bacteria" types can remain in the gut, and not just come directly on the foods eaten each time...  although there are several threads on the forum that suggest these good bacteria types (that aid in digestion) do stay in the stomach and intestines, i'm willing to admit i'm not sure what to think on this...  hence my call to c_k...  or anyone else?

probiotics?
wiki says this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora

perhaps elaboration on this would help the poster with the claim of poor digestion issues?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:51:59 pm by bookittyrun »

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »
I cant drink much since water dilutes my blood and get stuck in my intestines. If I drink too much my eyes get black when I stand up and i feel an uncomfortably irritated and restless feeling in the body.

The only carbs I'm doing now is raw honey that is really working good. I'm planning on adding some carrots and melon. What are peoples' opinions on fermenting carrots beets etc?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:38:32 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »
Not just probiotics, bookittyrun, but also prebiotics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prebiotic_(nutrition) have been hypothesized to be beneficial. Resistant starch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistant_starch is a prebiotic that is not widely known about that has been discussed some in this forum (a forum search will produce multiple threads touching on it).

One interesting thing about resistant starch is that it is potentially one of the best evidences for raw Paleo diets. The research on it and some successful early experiments with it has even recently gotten many coctivore Paleoists to add raw foods like dried raw green plantains to their diets. It has caused quite a change of emphasis in some coctivore Paleo circles--instead of ridiculing raw Paleo, lauding Wrangham, crispy bacon or french fries, they have been focusing more on raw/unmodified resistant starch. LOL

It's rather ironic that it's largely the coctivores who have recently been doing the most to support the benefits of raw Paleo.  :D How odd it is that resistant starch is not discussed more in this forum. A weapon has been handed to rawists that is going largely unused.

I've been experimenting with raw resistant starch myself and getting some interesting positive blood glucose readings. It's too early for me to draw conclusions, though.

It used to be thought that no bacteria could survive in a healthy stomach (research in 1875 to the contrary was forgotten), but it was recently found that H pylori has been in the stomachs of many humans for probably around 60,000 years:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori#Evolution

Since the rediscovery of h pylori, at least 127 other bacteria species have been found in human stomachs, though it's not yet known whether they reside there or just pass through:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6553962_viruses-bacteria-stomach.html
http://www.livescience.com/515-bacteria-thrive-hostile-human-bellies.html

The gist of Miles' point is still correct in the sense that the probiotic bacteria that people use therapeutically are meant for the intestines, rather than the stomach. I think I read somewhere that most of them only make it as far as the small intestine and some don't make it past the stomach, including some intended for the colon, though at least some probiotics can reportedly be beneficial in the small intestine (http://phys.org/news203333369.html). I also read some people claim that resistant starch can help bacteria make it all the way to the colon.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:52:37 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »
Have you tried bone broths?
Green juices?
Magnesium oil?

Can you give a background of yourself?  Post a picture?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 02:37:34 am »
You sound like me last week. You're in a low carb/keto adaptation and feeling weak because your muscles are getting their glycogen stores depleted. I was so weak I didn't want to do anything.

However I cut out all carbs (plants and honey) and have adapted at least to fat, because I eat about 8 oz (240 g) of fat and that same in muscle meat/organs/seafood daily getting about 80% of my calories from fat and feel amazing now. I just woke up one morning and decided to lift.

Some cannot adapt to ketosis very well, like Tyler, but if you can for a time, stop the carbs and you'll adapt quickly, then start to add carbs back in so you can track which ones give you trouble.

Personally, I'm going to stick with ZC for about a month before finding my limit on carbs. But I can do it well because I have access to organs and seafood. They are vital at least in the long run.

20g of carbs usually is the limit to stay in keto.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:38 am »
Do you have to be very low carb?

Try to find better fruit and try to find raw starches.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »
paloephil, thank you much for the additional information...   i'm interested in learning more on this subject...  i also read that different bacteria help with breaking down different components, some help with carb absorption, others with starch breakdown, others help with certain vitamin acquisition.  tailoring digestive bacteria in your body to a particular type of diet, can make the most of getting what you need from the foods you eat...  it's all very interesting...

to the poster...  i think gs is "right on" with his suggestions...  i think there should be more information about you and your background, in order for proper help to be administered...  there seems to be lots of items that cause problems for you, how about disclosing what works well, even back to your pre-raw diet...  any medical diagnosis for your issues?  if water is troublesome, what do you drink to stay hydrated?  you may need to make some adjustments...  give gs some more information to work with...

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
So i started raw paleo caus i have had a week digestion all my life, NO allergies but not ever been hungry. I was hoping raw would strengthen my digestion. However now 2weeks in with mostly lamb/beef meat, beef fat, bone marrow i feel no power in my legs and i never feel like eating, feels like im always full but NO bloating/constipation/gas. I am loosing weight and would now be classifeid as underweight. Fruit is NOT a solution since all fruit makes me less hungry then ever (been on and off frutarian for abot a year before and my body just hate fruit now). What is also scaring me is that my eyes a getting blood shot every time after i eat. Been trying to mix it up with seafood but every seafood gives me a fever feeling and chills. I know this diet is much more then my body ever can handle right now but im not knowing if it trys to adjust or if i have physical problems inhibiting me from eating this way ever.

Don't overdo the protein.
Eat enough fat.
Include organ meat in your diet.
Add a little bit of sea salt to your diet.
Exercise. (even if its just walking until you adapt)
**Get plenty of sunlight (Vitamin D).**
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:45 am »
I think an extended water fast can help with adaption to low carb as well as greatly improve your issues with poor absorption.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 04:29:02 am »
Sorry for a late reply but i wanted to make sure the changes i did was doing anything more permanent. So i am a typical vata person and that is why i am trying all the different diets since we have such a hard time calming our minds. What adjustments i have done now is adding WARM/HOT water and this is a huge improvement. About 30min before i eat i drink about 500ml warm water with some salt/lime, then when i eat i drink about 200ml boiled water with some ginger and orange peel. This has changed everything, the warm water makes my digestion come alive and i can hear it working the food. The warm salt (himalian salt was the only salt that worked) water has also finally made me being able to drink and absorb water and i have gained some weight from just water that is much needed to drive up my always low blood pressure, im usually under 100/70 and as low as below 90/60 happens after i eat. I have also started to end the day with some more fruits since it seems like i tolerate more things later in the day then early in the day. So i take a late snack of some fruit with honey and some fermented veggies. This is working for me now and all you vata people starting out this diet i strongly recommend doing warm water with your food, our week digestion needs some warmth to work in the beginning i guess.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »
ahh, very good!  thanks for the update!  glad you are figuring some things out that are beneficial to you... 
keep us posted on your progress!

my daughter also has low blood pressure...

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 08:00:18 pm »
ahh, very good!  thanks for the update!  glad you are figuring some things out that are beneficial to you... 
keep us posted on your progress!

my daughter also has low blood pressure...

Some salt + sunlight (vitamin d) fixed my low blood pressure issues.
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk