Author Topic: The Butcher  (Read 58541 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Butcher
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2013, 08:15:46 am »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2013, 09:56:03 am »
I plead the 5th.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2013, 12:51:27 pm »
You have brightened my day. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2013, 02:27:16 pm »
Why did the police have to kill the ram? 
That doesn't sound logical.
Is it because they were too lazy to catch it or call the city pound?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2013, 02:42:22 am »
Why did the police have to kill the ram?

Don't even ask.  It's a liability issue.  It's the land of lawyers here. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2013, 03:44:26 am »
Where have all the cowboys gone?

Its sad to live in city where the local police working with animal control cant even corral a sheep.

What a waste, it would of sustained me a month, if I didn't already owe a bunch of fines I might of tried to come forward to claim it, luckily the production crew reimbursed me for the loss and bought me another one.

http://www.lex18.com/videos/ram-runs-loose-along-new-circle-road/

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:49 am »
Is your Great Ram Escape going to be part of the show about you?  ROFL

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2013, 05:35:57 am »
Yeah, a couple years ago in Ohio there was a guy who supposedly turned all his animals loose and the police killed him and shot almost all of his animals with bullets, which included 10+ wolves, 10+ lions, 10+ tigers, 10+ bears and a bunch of others. Why do police have tasers instead of tranquilizer guns?  Why were none of the animals captured humanely? Makes me think we don't get the real story because the man was not still around to defend himself and the cops were able to spin it any which way but loose.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:51:12 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:57 am »
Yeah, a couple years ago in Ohio there was a guy who supposedly turned all his animals loose and the police killed him and shot almost all of his animals...

Not exactly an accurate retelling of the story. The man was deep in debt and marital problems and opened the cages of his exotic animals just before he committed suicide with a .357 Magnum. Read more about the story here, or search for other reports which seem to tell a similar story. I originally heard about this from a friend who used to work at an exotic animal rescue center in Indiana, next door to Ohio.

Large, potentially dangerous animals aren't exactly the easiest thing to capture live or find secondary homes for, so I completely understand why the police felt the need to shoot and kill most them. The story I linked to tells what the responding officers encountered when they responded to the farmhand's call.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:45:00 am by Eric »

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2014, 05:44:20 am »
Not exactly an accurate retelling of the story. The man was deep in debt and marital problems and opened the cages of his exotic animals just before he committed suicide with a .357 Magnum. Read more about the story here, or search for other reports which seem to tell a similar story. I originally heard about this from a friend who used to work at an exotic animal rescue center in Indiana, next door to Ohio.

Large, potentially dangerous animals aren't exactly the easiest thing to capture live or find secondary homes for, so I completely understand why the police felt the need to shoot and kill most them. The story I linked to tells what the responding officers encountered when they responded to the farmhand's call.

Who isn't in debt? And I call total BS to your statement. Tranquilizer guns work.

Why were the cops the first on the scene, no calling for animal control? Why was he talking to a depute four days earlier?

Why wouldn't the guy think about his wife? She fought the police department and eventually all of the living animals were returned to her.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:52:12 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »
it is absolutely unforgiveable to shoot dead wild animals simply on the vague claim that they might be dangerous. Tranquillizer guns should be used instead, I quite agree. There was a nasty incident recently  where a very young snow leopard  escaped from an austrian zoo and was immediately shot dead by a warden.  There simply has to be a law which debunks the whole notion that one can kill wild animals on the vague, stupid assumption that they are always dangerous to humans.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
Sabertooth, thanks for your insightful views and very interesting posts! I have enjoyed reading through most of them (and on other topics).

Recently I got a butcher to get me some raw beef thyroid from a healthy animal. Unfortunately he didn't know which part of the glands in the neck was the thyroid exactly so he just cut all the parts from the neck and packaged it for me. I was hoping you might be identify it for me? Some of it is the thymus I believe and the other part is the thyroid. My assumption is that the smaller thingy is the thyroid.

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:57:56 pm by andvanwyk »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2014, 08:23:41 am »
Where in the sheep did you find it???

Tapeworms should not be in sheep.  Only cysts.  Adult tapeworm should only be found in carnivores (humans included).

Maybe these are some kind of other worms??

Over the past couple of months I've eaten several wild kangaroos. I've seen tapeworms in at least two of them. I was quite surprised to find that even the liver of one of them, which looked like a very healthy liver on the outside, was chockablock full of tapeworms. Pretty much every hole/vessel in the liver contained tapeworm.
I think it must be very normal for animals to contain parasites, and I think it would have been very normal for Palaeolithic man to have parasites. Nevertheless, I couldn't bring myself to eat the liver that was full of tapeworms (fed it to dog lol), however I have eaten one that only had one or two tapeworms in it (which I removed), with the knowledge that I would probably end up ingesting tapeworm or cysts that I hadn't seen.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2014, 11:58:59 pm »
The sheep I just butchered is infested with tapeworms, what should I do?
Should I tell the farmer? If I do, they might give them chemical wormers and that may pose a greater risk to the quality of the animal. At least with the worms I know that its paleo quality.
QUOTE:
This is the third sheep I got from the farm so I am sure I have already eaten two animals that were also infected. I take no precautions with avoiding the entrails , so I probably have been exposed years ago. It worries me, that I may be infected and not even know, and the worms could be slowly growing and robbing me of my vitality. The only reason I found them is because I was experimenting with washing out the intestines with a hose, and they were flushed out.
REPLY:
I hope now you have found the culprit and identified it as safe, and I understand you have since been completely cleared of any symptoms for take off, you will enjoy all your flight with all other sheepish aspects down to the last of the entrails including every bit of stomach and intestines or poo etc. with no further doubts or fears for safety?   Good munching!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 05:57:56 am »
I was told that the most common tape worm infections in sheep are of a type of worm that needs an intermediate host to begin its life cycle, and so is not infectious directly to humans.

I have eatten infected animals for years without issue.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 06:01:51 am »

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2019, 05:08:24 am »
@sabertooth Do you have any advice to notice if my lamb carcass is fatty enough? Where I should look and/or touch to determine the amount of subcutaneous and intramuscular fat? Is mutton fattier than lamb? I want to eat a cut of lamb that is well balanced in fat to meat ratio to avoid adding external sources of fat such as butter, which one do you recommend?

I don't know if this question have been answered before. Hope you could share your knowledge with us.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2019, 08:55:58 am »
My advice would be to eat mutton and not lamb...most pasture raised lamb being sold on the market does not contain enough fats to sustain my diet. I go after the fattest, fully mature, pasture raised animals I can find.

I can usually tell by just looking at the Animals how much fat they have to offer. Sometimes it can be difficult if they have a full coat of wool to hide behind, and I will try to tell by feel, the fattest Animals that are for sale.

Fully grown mutton that is properly nourished, and from a stocky built meat breed, like a dorper or katahdin, should have copious amounts of fat throughout the whole animal.

The fattest purly pasture raised sheep I have had were from older ewes that have been left unbred for at least a year...not having to nurse young lambs will allow the animal to pack on maximum levels of fatty goodness. Older Rams will also get really fat if they are seperated from the females....not constantly chasing tail and fighting for mates, they tend just to eat all day and put on fat.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2019, 09:00:11 pm »
@sabertooth
I'm just reading this and was wondering if you had any symptoms of parasites since this and what the outcome was. What did your girlfriend's colonics friend say when she examined your stool?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2019, 04:21:58 am »
The colonics experiment is ancient history to my memory...the lady didn't see any signs of parasites or abnormality. I now tend to believe that colonics are for the most part not beneficial or necessary....perhaps people who have some issues could get temporary alleviation, but if you are consuming a pure and nutritious diet based on Raw Animal foods then there shouldn't be any need for such cleansing.

As for symptoms of parasites, Im not exactly sure anymore what symptoms are due to parasites, and what may just be some other anomaly. The type of gut sensations and liver tenderness which I had thought could of been worms, have long since ceased. I often have gotten poor quality animals and for some reason or another will go through periods where something doesn't feel just right...but it never last as long as I can transition back to eating more optimal animals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk