Author Topic: Eczema - A Journey To Healing  (Read 72374 times)

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eczema - A Journey To Healing
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2014, 11:06:58 am »
Could the twitches be this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Oh no no no no this isn't that. It's like muscle spasms, usually the lower body. Jerks, twitches, and full on spasms. It's once he's fallen asleep (I know this because it'll be when he finally stops scratching), and usually goes on for 10-45 minutes, happening anywhere between every 5 sec to every minute. It almost never wakes him up.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »
I wanted to update the current status of Kevin's condition since we're at 2.5 months in and I haven't at all yet. Just to let everyone know what's changed, improvements or lack thereof, etc. There will be a lot more detail now than my previous post. I wrote the other one hastily and missed some important symptoms.

AS OF 2014/06/16:

Symptoms:
- Itching: Probably the main problem, always itching everywhere. It can be impossible for him to stop, and it affects his entire day including impairing his sleep.
- Dryness: The skin will dry out until it dies and sheds off.
- Shedding: He is literally always shedding. We have to wipe the bed of "crumbs" multiple times. We have to shake out the blankets twice a day. We vacuum daily and it's always filling up with loads of dead skin. Our kitchen and bathroom floors have skin shed all over. His clothes are lined with dead skin. Might be the second worst part of this.
- Inflammation: Wrists, hands, shins, ankles, and feet are inflamed.
- Discoloration: Arms, hands, legs, and feet are darker shades of his skin color. Lower legs, ankles, and especially feet are almost blackened. Like a burn.
- Smell:  There is a slight odor with all the dead/dying skin on him and coming off of him.
- Insomnia: It's hard for him to fall asleep and stay asleep, possibly due to the discomfort of his skin, but might be actual insomnia, too.
- Muscle Spasms: For the first hour or so that he's asleep, he will have muscle spasms ranging from just a light twitch to a full limb spasming. It can happen as often as every 5 seconds to every minute or so.
- Mood: It seems like his mood is suffering. There are times that he is very irritable or easily annoyed, which is not how he is. If he does get annoyed, it will trigger a flare-up in his skin. He describes it as an unbearable tingling and itch that he absolutely can't NOT scratch. It's the worst.
- Cold Sensitivity: This comes and goes, but there are times where I will be too warm but he is very cold. It's summer here and most nights are 't-shirt and shorts weather' but he will need long sleeves + pants + sweatshirt.
- Lack of Energy: Extreme lack of energy. Goes to work, naps on all of his breaks, and comes home exhausted. No energy to do anything at all. Sometimes he will come home, shower, eat, and go straight to bed (attempting to sleep). Lack of sleep doesn't help, but even on days off when he spends 12+ hours in bed he will awake with little energy.
- Loss of Libido: Pretty much nothing. At all. Doesn't matter what I do (really).
- Snoring: Not sure if this is really anything worth reporting. He began to snore a ton when he gained weight (we both put on a good amount of weight while eating SAD) and then lost it all plus more when going paleo. Oddly, the snoring never stopped. It doesn't happen too regularly, but there are nights that it is SOOOO LOUD, and then nights where he doesn't at all. It might be an allergy and not related to eczema at all, but I figured that I would mention it.

Changes / Unchanged:
- Itching: Not much progress here at all.
- Dryness: His upper body has progressed well. It still dries out constantly (leading to shedding), but the new skin will be completely new, almost as soft as mine. His back, front, and upper arms are usually clear with just a bit of dryness. Hands, legs, and feet are still very dry, though.
- Shedding: The shedding is still a real issue. It's not as bad as before, but still extremely chronic. It's hard to tell if it's trying to heal and that's why it will keep shedding.
- Inflammation: Very great progress on the upper body. Only the hands appear to have slight inflammation still. It goes down but never completely, and sometimes will come back. But his back, front torso, upper arms, and neck are no longer inflamed at all. His thighs are not inflamed, but the lower on the legs, the worse it will get, and his feet are still the worst of all parts.
- Discoloration: Improvements in the areas that have improved in dryness. Lower legs and feet are still blackened.
- Smell: There used to be a really awful dead skin smell. Either we're just used to it, or it's significantly better. Hopefully the latter.
- Insomnia / Muscle Spasms / Mood: No changes here.
- Cold Sensitivity: This has improved. Before, it was a constant issue, but now it comes and goes. Seems to improve greatly after a liver flush.
- Lack of Energy: Still a real issue. I don't think there's been much of a change.
- Loss of Libido: There's been a slight improvement. But minimal. Even eating a plate of oysters didn't do anything to help 90% of the time.

What We Are Doing / What We Have Done:
- Eating 99.9% RPD (more accurately - 99% raw, 100% paleo).
* To be a bit more specific, eating mainly fresh raw seafood (fish and shellfish, includes meat, bones, and some organs when provided LOTS of diversity), red meat and fat, beef liver, egg yolks, fresh fruit (LOTS of diversity), and raw nuts.
- Living as cleanly as possible (e.g. No chemicals or household cleaners, only soap is diluted, organic, castille soap for dishes which only I touch and for laundry, using a chlorine water filter, neither of us smoke or drink, etc).
- Doing our best to get outside for fresh sunlight, air, and being with Earth / Nature.
- Flushes / Cleanses (working on them).
* He has done many colon cleanses, two kidney cleanses, and we're up to four liver flushes - all being guided by GS (much appreciation goes out to him for his help). Intending to get up to ten liver flushes, and also to do an enema (hoping we can get that done) and the orange juice fasting for leaky gut, also all with GS' guidance.
- Uropathy (drinking it 90% of the time).
- He uses 100% raw cacao butter to moisturize his skin. In a pinch, he will use coconut or olive oil.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:39:39 pm by CatTreats »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2014, 05:47:20 pm »
Sounds like my brother's old problem.
My brother was very much pleased with his progress with VCO detox.
He did 3 day VCO detoxes... a total of 4 times.
It was candida for my brother.

http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols-and-treatments/stomach-healing-intestinal-cleansing-yeast-elimination/virgin-coconut-oil-detox/

My brother also had great results eating raw garlic at every meal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:23:48 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2014, 07:41:04 pm »
Figuring out what the nocturnal muscle spasms are would be a help. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is. Could he be low in electrolytes?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2014, 01:05:05 am »
Eczema has been linked to GI bacteria deficiencies/imbalances, so I wonder if too much "cleansing" might be counterproductive in the longer run, flushing out beneficial bacteria?

I'm not going to guess about the cause of the muscle spasms, but I, too, have heard that  cleansing can be overdone, the rationale being that cleansing and nourishing are at odds with each other. I have heard the guideline of no more than once every six months because nourishing is more important for healing.

...it'll take me about 3-6 months to see progress, even if i do everything perfect.

From experience, since the outcomes isn't measureable right away, many people just give up during the zero progress period.

Besides giving up, many people jump from one thing to the next during the zero-progress period. For example, you mentioned urotherapy, which can be an effective long-term treatment. People in extreme cases do urine fasts with good results. I'm not convinced that urotherapy needs to be combined with other fasts and cleanses to be effective.

Another thing: how are your circadian rhythms? Being awake during sunlight hours and sleeping during darkness, getting outdoor daylight, avoiding much indoor light at night, and going to bed with an empty stomach are healers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:10:17 am by eveheart »
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2014, 03:32:50 am »
Sounds like my brother's old problem.
My brother was very much pleased with his progress with VCO detox.
He did 3 day VCO detoxes... a total of 4 times.
It was candida for my brother.

http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols-and-treatments/stomach-healing-intestinal-cleansing-yeast-elimination/virgin-coconut-oil-detox/

My brother also had great results eating raw garlic at every meal.

I was thinking about this, along with the OJ fast. But, he never gets consecutive days off work. So he wouldn't be able to do the VCO one for more than a day.

Another thing: how are your circadian rhythms? Being awake during sunlight hours and sleeping during darkness, getting outdoor daylight, avoiding much indoor light at night, and going to bed with an empty stomach are healers.

For work, he has to wake up at 5 am (prior to sunrise, just by 45 min or so). He's awake all day, works from 7am -  6pm and gets home by 7-7:30. He is outside some of the time of work, but not always unfortunately. When he gets home, he will eat and shower and then either stay up a bit or go straight to bed. We live in a studio, and unless I unplug every single thing and turn off phones (not even possible because one is our alarm clock), we cannot escape the lights. And I would have to sleep exactly when he does, and sometimes I have to do stuff, so there is indoor light. Even then, there's a light almost right outside our window so that also comes in even with the blinds shut.

So I'm sure both of our circadian rhythms are off. Mine doesn't seem bad, but I'm sure his is. Sometimes it seems like he sleeps really well during the day. On his days off, he usually takes anywhere between a 1-5 hour sleep in the afternoon. He sleeps better then than any other time, so I just let him get his rest because he needs it.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:13 am »
For work, he has to wake up at 5 am (prior to sunrise, just by 45 min or so). He's awake all day, works from 7am -  6pm and gets home by 7-7:30....

I'm not sure who is saying that you have to wake up at exactly the time of sunrise or unplug everything at night. If city light brightens your home at night, you can block it with window shades. Bright indoor lighting can be changed with different light bulbs. (Refrigerator light bulbs are good. My daughter uses night-lights and Christmas tree lights for low lighting.) Computer screens can be altered with f.lux. The basic idea is that day/night light controls all the functions in the body, so you want to harmonize with circadian rhythms as a vital part of healing. Getting daylight on your body, including the eyeballs, signals the body in an important way if healing is desired. Getting strong light at night confuses this signalling system.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2014, 05:49:18 am »
Try the raw garlic at every meal.  Easiest thing to do.
My mother in law does 1 day vco detoxing.
My son used to do 1 day vco detoxing.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2014, 06:54:19 am »
I'm not sure who is saying that you have to wake up at exactly the time of sunrise or unplug everything at night. If city light brightens your home at night, you can block it with window shades. Bright indoor lighting can be changed with different light bulbs. (Refrigerator light bulbs are good. My daughter uses night-lights and Christmas tree lights for low lighting.) Computer screens can be altered with f.lux. The basic idea is that day/night light controls all the functions in the body, so you want to harmonize with circadian rhythms as a vital part of healing. Getting daylight on your body, including the eyeballs, signals the body in an important way if healing is desired. Getting strong light at night confuses this signalling system.

Good to know!

Try the raw garlic at every meal.  Easiest thing to do.
My mother in law does 1 day vco detoxing.
My son used to do 1 day vco detoxing.

Okay, we will do that. Any preparation for the VCO cleanse, or we can just do it whenever? How much garlic should he have? Is it a good or bad thing that raw garlic (onions too) make our stomachs burn and it can be unpleasant?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:05:57 am by CatTreats »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2014, 07:25:00 am »
My brother just eats raw garlic with his meals... chopped.
Just a teaspoon is probably enough each meal.
If it burns your stomach eat less.

See the vco detox recipe.  It's easy.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2014, 07:50:03 am »
Thanks GS. He has Thursday off of work, so I'll have him do it then.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:47 am »
What would you roughly estimate are the macronutrient proportions of his diet (% or grams or calories)? How much prebiotics does he eat?

Snoring and apnea have been linked to CO2 deficiency:

Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2007;67(2):197-206. Role of hypercapnia in brain oxygenation in sleep-disordered breathing. Brzecka A.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17691228
"Adaptive mechanisms may diminish the detrimental effects of recurrent nocturnal hypoxia in obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The potential role of elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) in improving brain oxygenation in the patients with severe OSA syndrome is discussed. CO2 increases oxygen uptake by its influence on the regulation of alveolar ventilation and ventilation-perfusion matching, facilitates oxygen delivery to the tissues by changing the affinity of oxygen to hemoglobin, and increases cerebral blood flow by effects on arterial blood pressure and on cerebral vessels. Recent clinical studies show improved brain oxygenation when hypoxia is combined with hypercapnia. Anti-inflammatory and protective against organ injury properties of CO2 may also have therapeutic importance. These biological effects of hypercapnia may improve brain oxygenation under hypoxic conditions. This may be especially important in patients with severe OSA syndrome."

I have heard the guideline of no more than once every six months because nourishing is more important for healing.
Yeah, in the old days a "wash out" was usually done just once a year (typically at the start of school, for children), and maybe occasionally as needed, sometimes twice a year (such as also at the start of spring), rather than chronically.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:45:18 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2014, 08:46:28 am »
What would you roughly estimate are the macronutrient proportions of his diet (% or grams or calories)? How much prebiotics does he eat?

Snoring and apnea have been linked to CO2 deficiency:

Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2007;67(2):197-206. Role of hypercapnia in brain oxygenation in sleep-disordered breathing. Brzecka A.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17691228
"Adaptive mechanisms may diminish the detrimental effects of recurrent nocturnal hypoxia in obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The potential role of elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) in improving brain oxygenation in the patients with severe OSA syndrome is discussed. CO2 increases oxygen uptake by its influence on the regulation of alveolar ventilation and ventilation-perfusion matching, facilitates oxygen delivery to the tissues by changing the affinity of oxygen to hemoglobin, and increases cerebral blood flow by effects on arterial blood pressure and on cerebral vessels. Recent clinical studies show improved brain oxygenation when hypoxia is combined with hypercapnia. Anti-inflammatory and protective against organ injury properties of CO2 may also have therapeutic importance. These biological effects of hypercapnia may improve brain oxygenation under hypoxic conditions. This may be especially important in patients with severe OSA syndrome."
Yeah, in the old days a "wash out" was usually done just once a year (typically at the start of school, for children), and maybe occasionally as needed, rather than chronically.

It's hard to come up with an idea on macronutrient %. We make sure to eat mainly fresh seafood, so a mix of lean and fatty meats. We've been eating more fresh fruit because it's in season and we both crave it, as well as nuts. I would say fat and protein are higher than carbs, but not by an extremely large amount.

I've never heard of a CO2 deficiency. What would cause this? I realize now that you mention it that he does have sleep apnea. However, it is VERY minimal nowadays. He used to suffer from these "suffocating" attacks in his sleep every other night years ago. Ever since eating paleo, it's almost non-existent. I think he had it happen once this entire year (2014).

I agree on the flushing. Once a year sounds about right just because toxins can accumulate from our environment. But in situations like these where there could be a major build up (considering many of us came from SAD or something just as bad) it might be effective to do a combination of many flushes to quickly rid yourself of toxins while eating nutrient dense foods to keep your body healthy. Just my thoughts, though. I definitely can see how constant flushes would be negative in the long-term.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2014, 09:22:19 am »
I've never heard of a CO2 deficiency. What would cause this?
Countless things. Ray Peat writes about it a lot. Do you know his blood oxygen saturation % (99-100% is ideal)? It may seem paradoxical, but using CO2 can reportedly improve blood oxygen saturation and apnea. Ray Peat has lots of tips on CO2.

Ray Peat wrote:
the medical analysis is that people don’t breathe enough at night, but when you look at the blood chemistry the usual thing is that they hyperventilate during the night, because as their blood sugar is pushed down to sleep, their adrenaline comes up periodically and this makes them have in effect higher estrogen, higher inflammatory hormones which drives hyperventilation and blows off too much Carbon Dioxide. Then they don’t breathe for a while so they wake up feeling like they have died or have not been breathing enough . The best chemical for this is Diamox (Acetazolamide ) that causes the body to retain more carbon dioxide, it prevents the body from losing too much carbon dioxide which keeps it in the blood.

It’s well established as a cure for sleep Apnea, also used by skiers to prevent altitude sickness, because altitude sickness is a lack of CO2 not oxygen.

http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3351#p39598
See also:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/co2.shtml
http://oneradionetwork.com/health-articles/show-summary-in-detail-for-dr-ray-peats-interview-on-january-1-2014

Folks have been talking a lot about what the ancestral environment/food was like. CO2 (and things that help generate and use it) was apparently one of the key features of ancestral environments and foods, from the very first living organisms (such as around volcanic vents) all the way to Stone Age humans and every living organism in between.

"seek, and ye shall find"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:32:01 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2014, 09:38:16 am »
I would hesitate to decide that his sleep apnea is cured based on your observations since he needs 1 - 5 hour naps. That good-sleep nap in the afternoon could be a spillover of exhaustion from an insufficient nighttime sleep period. Untreated sleep apnea has negative long-term effects. He could get a new sleep study and compare his original waking number of times per hour to his current number.

I read about one study in which even a single burst of bright light during sleep can have a negative impact on circadian rhythms. I realize that you two are in a studio apartment with completely different work schedules, but you might figure out a compromise - like going to bed at the same time when you get home from work and waking up together, in which case you would have your "doing stuff" time in the morning hours before work. Even if you don't do something like that, remember that it's light, not just waking up, that affects the day/night cycle the most. My daughter sleeps with an eye-cover to block out city light in her bedroom - a cheap solution.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2014, 10:03:18 am »
I would hesitate to decide that his sleep apnea is cured based on your observations since he needs 1 - 5 hour naps. That good-sleep nap in the afternoon could be a spillover of exhaustion from an insufficient nighttime sleep period. Untreated sleep apnea has negative long-term effects. He could get a new sleep study and compare his original waking number of times per hour to his current number.

The sleep apnea "suffocating" attacks have stopped. His insomnia has not. I agree that the naps are definitely because he's getting inadequate sleep at night. I know for a fact that his sleep is awful every single night. He wakes up in the night many many more times than before. We don't have to test that because he wakes up every 30 min to an hour. Like I said, those midday naps are the only time he will sleep for a few hours straight.

I read about one study in which even a single burst of bright light during sleep can have a negative impact on circadian rhythms. I realize that you two are in a studio apartment with completely different work schedules, but you might figure out a compromise - like going to bed at the same time when you get home from work and waking up together, in which case you would have your "doing stuff" time in the morning hours before work. Even if you don't do something like that, remember that it's light, not just waking up, that affects the day/night cycle the most. My daughter sleeps with an eye-cover to block out city light in her bedroom - a cheap solution.

Yeah, I've been going to sleep earlier and waking earlier as well. But some nights I am just not tired enough to sleep as early as 9pm. I do want to get the eye cover for him anyway because we still have electronic lights.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2014, 10:26:05 am »
It's interesting how similar his symptoms are to what Ray Peat tends to discuss:

Dr. Ray Peat: Thyroid supplements can be useful for prostate hypertrophy and some cases of impotence and infertility. Occasionally, a man who can't put on a normal amount of weight finds that a thyroid supplement allows normal weight gain. Leg cramps, insomnia and depression are often the result of hypothyroidism. Heart failure, gynecomastia, liver disease, baldness and dozens of other problems can result from hypothyroidism.
http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/ray-peat.htm

Cold hands and feet is a great indicator of thyroid function. If they’re colder than most people’s, it means the adrenals are holding the temperature up for the brain and heart by restricting circulation.
http://oneradionetwork.com/health-articles/show-summary-in-detail-for-dr-ray-peats-interview-on-january-1-2014/

inflammation-related proteins, including CRP, are increased by the hypothyroid hyperhydration. The heart muscle itself can swell, leading to congestive heart failure. ...

Aldosterone secretion increases during the night, and its rise is greater in depressed and stressed people. It inhibits energy metabolism, increases insulin resistance, and increases the formation of proinflammatory substances in fat cells (Kraus, et al., 2005). During aging, salt restriction can produce an exaggerated nocturnal rise in aldosterone.

During the night, there are many changes that suggest that the thyroid functions are being blocked, for example a surge in the thyroid stimulating hormone, with T4 and T3 being lowest between 11 PM and 3 AM (Lucke, et al., 1977), while temperature and energy production are at their lowest. This suggests that the problems of hypothyroidism will be most noticeable during the night.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/water.shtml
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:34:29 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:39 am »
I wanted to add that he has extreme gas. I forgot to add that above.

When we went paleo (before raw), both of us had almost no gas ever. Now, he farts constantly. It started when his eczema got bad. Constantly farting, VERY LONG AND LOUD ONES. They can be horrible smelling or completely odorless. It does not seem to matter what we eat or whether he has to go or just went to the bathroom. He will fart through the night and wake up and immediately let out tons of gas. It's just a constant thing that has neither improved or worsened this whole time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »
Beef may be too hard for him to digest at this time.
Try fish and eggs for the moment.

After you have tried vco detox and garlic... you might want to explore parasites.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:58:48 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2014, 02:29:15 pm »
Beef may be too hard for him to digest at this time.
Try fish and eggs for the moment.

After you have tried vco detox and garlic... you might want to explore parasites.

Funny you say that, we haven't had red meat at all. We are doing only seafood, egg yolk, fruit, and a little nuts right now. But we do have liver sometimes. Is that okay or cut that out too?

Would we use humaworm for parasites? I have some.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »
Methodical is all it is.
Try the 1 day vco detox first.
And the raw garlic with meals.
You will find out if his case is more of a candida thing.
I know my brother's case was and he had the same symptoms you are describing.

Once you have exhausted the candida angle, you might want to move into the parasite angle.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »
Methodical is all it is.
Try the 1 day vco detox first.
And the raw garlic with meals.
You will find out if his case is more of a candida thing.
I know my brother's case was and he had the same symptoms you are describing.

Once you have exhausted the candida angle, you might want to move into the parasite angle.

Oh yeah, I was just wondering if we would use Humaworm for parasites should it come to that.

We're picking up garlic tomorrow. Thursday will be the VCO detox. Can only do one day for those. We're doing another liver flush on Saturday.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »
Probiotics might help with the farting.  Egg yolks can make bad farts, do up guys eat them daily?  Does it get worse with the flushes?  Might be good to consider taking a probiotic like garden of life primal defense after all of the flushes and cleanses as you will want to be sure to bolster the population of good bacteria in the gut

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2014, 11:26:07 pm »
Has he considered fasting for a few days to let his digestive tract empty out and rest for a bit?

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2014, 02:26:41 am »
Probiotics might help with the farting.  Egg yolks can make bad farts, do up guys eat them daily?  Does it get worse with the flushes?  Might be good to consider taking a probiotic like garden of life primal defense after all of the flushes and cleanses as you will want to be sure to bolster the population of good bacteria in the gut

He took probiotics in the beginning. The farting started around then, and it doesn't seem like they did anything. He's no longer on that, and he still farts constantly. They might get slightly worse with the flushes because of all the bowel movements. We abstained from eggs when people said to be cautious about allergies, and the farting did not stop. We had no eggs at all for about 3 weeks, but now we're eating them again. And we do eat quite a few. Only the yolks.

Has he considered fasting for a few days to let his digestive tract empty out and rest for a bit?

We were forced to fast for two days last weekend because of money. He could barely move from lack of energy. Since he is already always drained from this, the lack of calories just had him in bed. I have to admit that I was particularly low in energy, too. So I know he must have been worse. He farted constantly through that fast as well.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:25:28 am by CatTreats »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk