Author Topic: Eczema - A Journey To Healing  (Read 72460 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eczema - A Journey To Healing
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2014, 08:41:34 am »
The link that alive gave you www.siboinfo.com estimates 1 1/2 - 3 years to heal leaky gut if one is on an appropriate diet. As a matter of fact, the one thing that keeps me from "cheating" is the statistic that it takes 6 months for a gluten-sensitive person to recover from one slice of bread.

Do you need a professional diagnosis before you try healing with a gut-healing protocol? I'd say not, since leaky gut is the official disease of the Standard American Diet. It is definitely on top of the suspect list when it comes to eczema.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2014, 09:31:12 am »
We abstained from eggs completely for a month without any change.

Oh of course. I just didn't want to stay on a purely carnivorous diet for such a long time, risking nutrient deficiencies. Also GS suggested not going longer than 2 weeks on pure carnivore, so we didn't since we weren't seeing any changes.
Indeed, don't make the same mistake I did of sticking with ZC or near-ZC for more than a few weeks. I regret it now.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2014, 10:37:53 am »
The link that alive gave you www.siboinfo.com estimates 1 1/2 - 3 years to heal leaky gut if one is on an appropriate diet. As a matter of fact, the one thing that keeps me from "cheating" is the statistic that it takes 6 months for a gluten-sensitive person to recover from one slice of bread.

Do you need a professional diagnosis before you try healing with a gut-healing protocol? I'd say not, since leaky gut is the official disease of the Standard American Diet. It is definitely on top of the suspect list when it comes to eczema.

We've been paleo for a year, so hopefully that counts for something.  :(

Indeed, don't make the same mistake I did of sticking with ZC or near-ZC for more than a few weeks. I regret it now.

Yeah, I find that I feel fine but I just end up craving fruits and potatoes like crazy. I'll hit a point where no meat or fat sounds good and it's almost impossible to continue, and I end the ZC phase with a full day fruit and other non-meat food binge. u_u
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2014, 03:47:38 pm »
As of tonight, his feet are starting to show signs of clearing up. They are the most chronically affected part of his body, huge chunks of dry skin on them at all times and nearly BLACK from the discoloration. Tonight I rubbed cacao butter on his feet and could feel a drastic improvement. This is good!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »
Maybe the 1 day vco detox had a role in that?
And the garlic?
the absence of nuts?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2014, 03:54:56 am »
The nuts never appeared to have a reaction, but it's probably true that they would slow down healing.

I'm sure all of it contributed.

Looking forward to more progress!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2014, 07:57:07 am »
I have just been reading about the benefits of raw potato juice for skin, hair and health - which include the treatment of eczema.

For a long time, potato juice has been used as a remedy for a wide array of ailments from skin disorders to constipation to inflammation, and even cancer. It’s not a surprise why. This vegetable is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, carbohydrates, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, and iron among others.

http://www.livenedup.com/25-raw-potato-juice-benefits-skin-hair-health/

I have just gathered fresh potatoes and stinging nettle, blended them together with water, and then washed them through a sieve. The taste is very nice and clear, with a chlorophyll edge, deliciously fresh. I have drunk two large mugs so far and can feel some resistant starch granules crunching between my teeth  :)

I will eat the strained pulp too, a little later. I feel like it will help my digestion to have the liquid first and then the solids later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:07:30 am by Alive »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2014, 08:42:59 am »
I would go easy on the pulp, at least early on, and especially if you get any mouth or throat tingling from it. Some people are sensitive to nightshades, though some report that resistant starch eventually helps them overcome such food sensitivities.

I got some tingling from certain raw potatoes and found other ones that I didn't get that from.

Interestingly, POWs fed potatoes (sometimes raw) in German camps reportedly fared much better than those fed rice in Japanese camps:
http://freetheanimal.com/2014/01/resistant-starch-tidbits.html

Gemma // Jan 4, 2014 at 01:43
@Richard
It was maybe mentioned before on this blog that Nazi Germans used raw potato diet etc. in their concentration camps during WWII. It definitely happened to my Czech grandfather imprisoned in Mauthausen (Austria) between 1942-45. He was included in a test group surviving on raw food only combined with hard work in a stone mine. Too painful for me to recall family stories (he died in 1984) or search for the archived information. But I found this:
How Spuds Saved American GIs in Nazi Prison Camps During World War II
http://www.mofga.org/Publications/MaineOrganicFarmerGardener/Fall2010/Potatoes/tabid/1726/Default.aspx
•    v // Jan 4, 2014 at 04:13
hi gemma, my mom was a child prisoner of the nazis and they did weird food experiments with her, among others (like with sulfa). they used a sugar substitute on her and a butter substitute. luckily i interviewed her about a month or two before she went into the hospital and died 2 months later. early on in the invasion on russia, they fed the prisoners raw potato skins which my mother refused to eat because she thought of it as pig food. she would shine the shoes of german soldiers to get a little bread instead (before the camps). did you collect your grandfather’s stories somewhere?
•    Gemma // Jan 4, 2014 at 06:05
@v
Yes, his war stories were collected including photos, not by me. I personally can not even look at that booklet. It makes me sick. But this topic does not belong to this blog.
It more made me wonder if amidst all that horror his raw potato diet (and some raw beet as well, if I remember correctly) was a good thing. He survived and many others did not.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:56:50 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »
I wonder if this is really supposed to take this long. I read so many stories about people having near instant results just from eating raw foods.

Getting so depressed and frustrated. Yes there's progress, but in terms of comfort and going about daily routine there's really none. I feel so helpless and so bad every night he sits for 3-4 hours scratching. Literally can't stop. Or when I see him crying from the itch and discomfort.

I wish I knew this was really going to get better.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
the instant things ive seen happen are with 3 day vco detoxing and 7 day orange juice fasting.  also liver flushing and raw paleo diet.

you can look at the secondary infection thing.

my son had negative gram bacteria. we used fucidic acid.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:01 pm »
I used to have severe sneezing allergies and they disappeared after a ten-day Bernard Jensen detox. They never returned.

However, thirty years later, I find that most things don't heal in the short run.

It helps to think in terms of causes rather than symptoms. In some cases, the symptoms abate long before the cause is corrected.

Also, I had to learn to be more skeptical, less gullible. It's like all those weight-loss ads that now have to say "Results Not Typical" and "Your Results May Vary."

Bottom line: It takes as long as it takes. Find an enjoyable, clean and healthful way of eating and living, and you won't notice how long it takes.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2014, 11:11:58 pm »
Cat treats, any updates?  Hope you both have continued to learn and heal.

About time, healing is a continual process, we are never done, fixed or better but in the process of betterment.  In the beginning of course I felt a great relief, and many do because we are so low and depressed overall.  But that usually leads to a huge backslide when we try to integrate things from the past, push to hard towards healing or only focus on healing one part of our being and hope it compensates for other areas that are out of alignment.

I gave myself a two year time line for healing from the last self destructive spell I had, and it's been that slow but very steady and I feel as though if I would have rushed things and gone to extremes to do so it would have been just as taxing on the system as all of the horrible inputs and life ways I was participating in.  I think in he beginning its much more of a roller coaster but if you remain present during both the ups and downs and take a thorough inventory if what works and what doesn't, the majority of your learning will come at this time and then it's just a process of refining what works and staying dedicated to improving overall health.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2014, 11:46:27 pm »

why do you regret it?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2014, 11:48:30 pm »
the instant things ive seen happen are with 3 day vco detoxing and 7 day orange juice fasting.  also liver flushing and raw paleo diet.

you can look at the secondary infection thing.

my son had negative gram bacteria. we used fucidic acid.

can you elaborate/detail the protocols and what you achieved?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2014, 07:57:34 am »
why do you regret it?
I've written about it in past posts in the forum (probably best not to go on a tangent by rehashing it in this unrelated thread), though perhaps the experience of myself or Goodsamaritan or others who don't completely avoid carby foods, or nearly so, will not speak to you. You do seem to take Aajonus Vonderplanitz seriously, so to get some idea of part of what I'm talking about, you could check out his writings and presentations on what he viewed as beneficial carby foods, such as raw honey (note: I'm not trying to imply that I agree with everything that he ever said or wrote--and I doubt that I agree on absolutely everything with anyone--I'm just trying to meet you where you're at and avoid potential unconstructive arguments over details). This past Aajonus honey thread is a start: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/primal-diet/why-honey's-good-for-you-aajonus-explains/msg25986/#msg25986
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:08:20 am by PaleoPhil »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk