Author Topic: Intestinal blockage  (Read 114662 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Intestinal blockage
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2015, 04:59:23 am »
I've been eating lots of Kerry gold because it helps with my constipation. Could that cause any problems with bile?

Also read too much peanut butter can cause duodenum ulcers. Very possible this could have happened too me.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2015, 07:10:40 am »
Say it's worst case scenario and I have appendicitis...

Is it possible to wal with diet?

How do I avoid surgery?

Anyone know any AV remedies/point of view?

castor oil will get rid of appendicitis.
as well as dr. tams miracle tea.
Other colon cleansers will also do it maybe... like oxypowder etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:17 am »
GS,

I just received Christopher's Lower bowel formula. It says not to use product when experiencing abdominal pain. In this case should I ignore warning?

How does this product compare to Barefoots? My father says its the same thing and refused to purchase Barefoots because of price.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2015, 09:29:55 am »
Past two days been eating 2-3 avocados a day for raw fat. They started giving me terrible gas and less frequent BM. I thought they were suppose to ease constipation, any reason they could be worsening my condition?  Could i really be that intolerable to fiber? Could i have an intolerance to Amines/histamines?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2015, 10:02:15 am »
thats a lot of avocados! they tend to make my poop sticky.  i dont know what it is, there are way better sources of fat out there though, maybe try to diversify if you can in your current situation? any time you are eating a large quantity of one thing over and over you run the risk of becoming allergic, with fruits, grains, vegetables, nuts and seeds because they have antinutrients and other allergens.  perhaps this was to prohibit animals from eating all of the seeds of a plants labor.  even eggs, which are basically chicken seeds, can be problematic if over consumed.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2015, 11:21:32 am »
I'm still waiting for my coconut creme, and raw butter to arrive.

I thought avocados would hold me over until then, but seems I don't digest them well...

Almost 8-9 hours after eating raw Spanish mackerel and I'm still burping up the taste of it. Is it possible I'm not digesting it properly? I thought fish would be easily digestible as well...

A skin rash has developed over the area where my abdominal pain is.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:57 pm »

The more I read about colon health, constipation, and IBS, the more I find FIBER to be the root cause.... It's hard to stomach that even fiber from fruits could be causing me problems, because I love them so much. But after the difficulty I had with avocados, I am considering trying a low fiber, or even ZERO FIBER diet. Has anyone experimented with this yet? Any health risks?

A low fiber diet would most likely only get fiber from fermented vegetables, I guess no fruits besides melons.

http://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/sensitivity.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/18/mcbride-and-barringer-interview.aspx

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2015, 01:42:58 am »
one word:  moderation

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2015, 03:02:52 am »
I will say that fiber was a big problem for me, and that after adapting to high fat low carb, I found that my digestion did much better without it. There are essential details that must be worked out in order to make the more extreme versions of a paleo diet work. I have to have large amounts of pure animal fat, I wouldn't recommend that anyone even attempt to go low carb without  a good fat source.

Avocados are not adequate. I will eat them on occasion, but for some reason lately I have noticed they haven't been tasting very good, and I have begun to suspect that there may be a quality issue in the world of cultivated organic avocadoes. Perhaps they are picked too early and don't ripen very well on their long journey from Mexico to Kentucky, but there is often an "off" taste which seems to indicate a quality issue?

Fish have never worked well for me as a fat source, and I remember that ever present fishy taste after attempting to live on a staple of fatty fish for a week, before giving up on the experiment.

It may take weeks to reestablish a gut flora balance, and begin to regain a healthy homeostasis. Going from one extreme diet to another doesn't seem to be the best course of action. It will take time for you to find out what works best.

I would recommend trying to incorporate coconut crème and finding a good sources of red meats organs and grass fed animal fats. Its very important to establish some dietary staple foods which are nourishing and can begin to rebalance the gut ecology, you must realize that it will take at least a couple of weeks before you will be able to tell if you are on the right track, or not... Good Luck!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:10:19 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:14 am »
one word:  moderation

Why moderation? Do you believe fiber is necessary?

I'm thinking I might only eat fibrous foods that have higher soluble than insoluble just to be safe. I think foods with high insoluble fiber should be fermented, and possibly even cooked...

I need to do more research, but I don't think fiber is necessary for humans at all.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:20 am »
Why moderation? Do you believe fiber is necessary?

I have that same one word: moderation.

Not just moderation in fiber intake, but in anything.

After you establish a moderate and consistent diet, your gut will make the necessary microbial adjustments to handle what you eat.

If you want a paleolithic rationale for eating some fiber, imagine what a paleo guy would do if he found a tasty leaf or flower or root or fruit. And if this p.g. lived where leaves and flowers and roots and fruits are abundant, he would eat those fibrous foods without counting soluble and insoluble. We are still that way: I remember as a child knowing every good tasting grass and weed on my walk to school, and I learned the good ones on my own. So, I think it's in our nature to nibble on plants, and that means some fiber can go down the hatch.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:07 pm »
I have that same one word: moderation.

Not just moderation in fiber intake, but in anything.

After you establish a moderate and consistent diet, your gut will make the necessary microbial adjustments to handle what you eat.

If you want a paleolithic rationale for eating some fiber, imagine what a paleo guy would do if he found a tasty leaf or flower or root or fruit. And if this p.g. lived where leaves and flowers and roots and fruits are abundant, he would eat those fibrous foods without counting soluble and insoluble. We are still that way: I remember as a child knowing every good tasting grass and weed on my walk to school, and I learned the good ones on my own. So, I think it's in our nature to nibble on plants, and that means some fiber can go down the hatch.

I'm looking for rationale not to eat fiber. It seems like it's very damaging to the digestive system...

I feel like most fruits/veggies contain most of the insoluble fiber in the skin, which we would have removed like many of us still due today.  Fruits are easy to breakdown by chewing, and are almost predigested if properly vine/sun ripened. I feel like the breakdown of many vegetables and tubers is not so easy. I've also read that the Hadza way to eat tubers was to roast and remove skins... If eaten raw they chewed on them, and spit out fiber(same concept as juicing).

In today's world we have no reason to consume a food that is harmful to us in anyway. If we can avoid fiber and still get all the nutrients we need for health, strength, and longevity from animal products, why wouldn't we.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »
your rational should be your bodies own reaction and your instinctual craving for them.  if you feel like you cannot handle them right now, dont eat them right now.  if in the future you have a hankering for something, eat it IN MODERATION, notice that you may only need one serving of what your body is asking for, notice it may not be the right thing at all. 

you really need to work on having a moderate baseline diet set to get your body into homeostasis, focusing on the things you feel best eating before you can even start to access this properly.  i feel like it has taken over 5 years of tweaking to find that the most simple diet of only animal fats, some raw and some cooked meats, certain cooked veggies and other raw veggies, raw dairy, salt and seaweed is the personal best for me.  i notice my appetite for certain foods change all of the time, it goes in cycles, its very seasonal now, but how i feel physically, mentally and emotionally is much  more likely to continue to improve because i dont go through extreme shifts in what i eat, i stick to the basics and if i feel there is something missing i have a little bit of that something, if i feel like i need more i generally eliminate another food for the time being and add whatever felt missing into its place.   

i feel like a lot of times when we first start a healing diet we go to such extremes because we are trying to fill nutritional voids and imbalances.  i think it may do some good to have mineral and vitamin levels tested and get help rebalancing them by doctors who specialize in this type of orthomolecular medicine.  it might not be necessary but i do believe it could save people years of experimentation.  also emphasis needs to be on repairing the digestive system and repopulating it with the proper gut microbes.  this is why i think its okay to imbibe in certain neolithic foods (raw, grass fed dairy, yogurts and to a lesser extent fermented vegetables) and also take soil organism based probiotics, and even rely on digestive support such as oxbile capsules, and even cooking foods, making broths, and eating a partially cooked paleo type diet if that is what it takes to get people to calm down and learn to practice moderation.   

i think for most of us a moderate diet includes animal fats, meats, seafoods and offal, then  you will notice we each have certain foods like greens, vegetables, fruits, seaweeds, eggs, dairy, seeds, honey, oil that we choose to eat or not eat depending on how we react to them as individuals. 

if you dont want to eat fiber, give it a try, just realize that with out fiberous foods you are going to be on a very low carbohydrate diet where you will need to get adequate ANIMAL fats, and be eating the whole animal instead of just muscle meats.  you will need to adjust to VLC and may not be in a state where you can handle a VLC diet. 

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2015, 12:01:32 am »
Fiber only becomes "bad" if eaten in excess. If is eaten in excess and developed issues, then it will take some while to heal from it and normalize body's reaction to it.
Instead of removing, best to try and find your personal limit, and stay below it. Though to heal from the damage done, for a time it might be necessary to cut it out completely, at least until is healed.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:24 am »
Jessica,

Very helpful response! thank you! i will look into soil based bacteria supplements.

ive ordered raw coconut creme, raw butter, grass fed ground beef. Waiting for them to arrive.

I noticed a drastic improvement in BM transit time when i eliminate high fiber foods.

For now i will limit them to ripe fruit, fermented vegetables, cooked and cooled resistant starches.

For some reason i did not digest raw fish very well. hopefully i do much better with ground beef.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:41 am »
my biggest problem is never having the urge to go...

Stools vary in shape, size, and consistency. Most of the time they are a 2 on the Bristol Stool Chart. in past couple days avocados have causes 1s.

I rarely get a type 4, when i do they are hard for me to force out.

Im looking into exercises that will help bring back function of my Pelvic floor.

Second concern is on and off abdominal pain... 
First started upper mid right abdominal region. I believe it is right where Liver/Gallbladder/Duodenum Area. Could be Ulcer from Tahini/peanut butter(which ive stopped eating), or bile problem from to much KerryGold(still eating). A Rash has developed over the area of pain.

My obliques and thighs have itching rash all over them. My brother thinks its inflammation from cooked/processed foods.

Anyone that can help explain any of these problems i welcome your input, i have zero judgement!

I am considering raw milk fast(1-2weeks), i read its a cure for almost every digestive disorder. Just have to find a quality source. Im in the process of getting membership for Amos Millers Farm. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2015, 11:33:20 am »
What "pelvic floor function" are you trying to restore? I guess I'm thinking of urinary or fecal incontinence or erectile dysfunction.

In the Bristol Stool Chart, "4" is not hard to pass - it is formed yet soft. Even a "3" passes easily, but it is not as soft. If you are calling your "4" hard-to-pass, then you are misunderstanding the chart. A "1" or a "2" may look smoother than the chart, but hard-to-pass is the big identifier.

I think your brother has a good idea. You'll never know how good it can get until you try raw, unprocessed, high-quality foods.

But another thing I want to say is, "Are you always this high-strung about stuff?" I know, it's a harsh question, but you come across as all tied in knots, and your intestines will mirror your anxiety in terms of poor digestion. You may be one of those people who have to let it all go - all the anxiety about health and diet - before you get the results you want. I'm like that in some ways - if I overthink what I eat, I go crazy. If I just define my "diet" as whole foods, I don't get stuck in overthinking. Then, when it's mealtime, I don't cook my food. Simple.

P.S. Miller's shipping to California is quite costly. but their product prices are good. Just a pro and a con.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2015, 12:03:07 pm »
Eveheart,

I struggle with ed,chronic constipation, zero urge to go. I am highly stressed individual for many reasons. horrible muscular/spinal imbalances, terrible relationships, financial problems, stress from work/hockey/school... the list goes on.
I am currently in NJ for next month which is why im looking at Amos Miller/Uddermilk. In 1-2 months ill be home in california where i can wind down and relax. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:28 pm »
Yes, I can hear all that stress. A long time ago, I heard the advice to never eat when you are stressed out, and I thought, Geesh, I would never get to eat! I know you are working on "everything" right now, so you don't have to hear more advice to calm down.

Where do you live when you are in California?

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2015, 01:16:10 pm »
San Diego, I miss home very much. Can't wait to go back.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:49 pm »
Ive read about only eating when happy/clear state of mind. It makes sense, but my life is to stressful right now to follow that rule

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2015, 03:33:07 am »
Is coconut cream a laxative?

I received my shipment from Original living coconut, ate almost 15oz through out the day. A table spoon or two here and there. This morning  had very runny stools.

I assumed it was a safe raw fat source, I have a hard time believing raw butter or animal fats would have the same effect.

Good Samaritan. U might be able to answer this best.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2015, 05:35:29 am »
Unless they've separated out and only selling the fat, it has a fair amount of carbs.    I think we discussed before and someone thought it was raw,, but that seems improbably as it most likely comes from over seas?    Also because it's processed your Stop won't be there, and like me with coconut oil there's no way of knowing what your body really needs/wants.   Any excess and it tries to get rid of.   But GS,, go for it...

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »
I think origonal living coconut is in Georgia. And it's definently only the fàt. AV approved company, low temp processing and cold pack shipped to me. Ferments in 5 days.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2015, 02:08:31 pm »
A_Tribe_Called_Paleo, are you eating coconut oil (only the fat) or coconut cream (fiber has been removed, but fat and carbs remain - it's really just coconut milk without added water)?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk