Author Topic: GoodSamaritan's Experiments  (Read 173724 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: GoodSamaritan's Experiments
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »
Livestock pick up K2 from rapidly growing grass. I was under the assumption that they had some sort of storage mechanism that they maintained K2 levels while they weren't eating them. K2 in animal fat is associated with the other fat soluble fatty acids. I notice for instance an old hen has much more yellowing of fat than a spring chicken and would think that such a chicken would have more K2. I would think the more grass finished a beef was the more K2 it would have in it. The kind of grass that puts weight on cattle quickly is generally the kind of grass that would contain K2. However there is some notion I remember that cool season grasses are especially rich in K2. This is what the website GreenPastures.com advertises. Perhaps tropical grasses are low or absent in K2 or for a large part of the year.
Are you sure he meant grass finished and not grain finished? I would think K2 would be less present in immature animals and more present in mature animals. It would probably be more prevalent during the rainy cooler times of the year when grass grows the fastest.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »
I meant in my statement GRAIN finished.
I made the correction.

Dr. Kate says grass fed beef when GRAIN finished for 2 weeks loses its K2.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2013, 09:03:52 am »
I have 2 batches of cubed beef high meat in the refrigerator.  1 batch is branded to be grass fed but frozen and flown in from another province.  1 batch is the regular beef I get in farmer's market, cubao.  They smell vastly different.

--------------------

Vitamin K2 Experiment Progress and Changes with Raw Brain Traditional Recipe

So my vitamin K2 experiment goes on. How my tar tar had been removed by eating lots of vitamin K2 rich foods. I have given up natto, even if there are left over untouched natto in our refrigerator. GMO Soya in natto just gives me and my boy bubbles on the back of our fingers. As for the cheese, I have settled on the more expensive brie cheese: Brie de Meaux which is a raw cheese from France. As for the gouda cheese we have settled on the Mild Gouda for my boy as that is the gouda cheese he prefers. My boy has lost his appetite for cheese as it makes his poop hard and big. I seem to have adjusted my big hard poop but my poop frequency is less from every day to every other day. Certainly not good for the long term. In the refrigerator today I have some brie de meaux I just bought yesterday from Santi’s. Maybe it will be the last cheese I buy for now. I pair cheese with some unsalted Anchor Butter which is not raw but is grass fed.

Since cheese is expensive anyway, I have decided to switch foods to something equally expensive and more natural. I will switch K2 sources to maintain some raw organic duck eggs, raw beef brain and raw beef bone marrow… these seem to be the raw paleolithic diet sources of vitamin K2 and absolutely they are not constipating. I also have 2 batches of beef high meet in the refrigerator fermenting for me. The first batch will be ready in a week… I do not know if that will contain K2. What I do know is I would like my daily pooping to return. I will use tar tar build up on my teeth to monitor if I am getting enough vitamin K2. How about that for K2 sensing?

As promised here is the traditional raw beef brain recipe from the northern Ilocos province.

- 1/4 raw beef brain
- 5 to 6 calamansi or 1/2 a lemon
- a small onion chopped
- half a teaspoon of freshly chopped cayenne

Mix in a bowl, I just cut up the mushy gel like brain in roughly 1 inch cubes. The brain will keep for 1 week or more in the refrigerator. I eat just 1/4 to 1/5 of the brain each day.

Access to brain may need some effort. I get raw beef brain in Farmer’s Market in Cubao. You have to be in the wet market before 7am to be able to buy one. The cost is around 80 to 100 pesos per brain. Sometimes you get part of the skull. You can have the bone of the skull chopped for addition in soup.

If the tar tar = heart disease clogging hypothesis of Dr. Kate is correct, then those wishing to clear their arteries merely need to go on a high vitamin K2 diet.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2013/03/31/vitamin-k2-experiment-progress-and-changes-with-raw-brain-traditional-recipe/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »
I am sorry you and your boy don't do well with natto. SInce I read your recommendation about K2, I  have been eating natto everyday, sometimes several servings. I really like it--probably because this is the only cooked food I allow myself to eat.  I am travelling in Japan this summer and I feel excited about trying different kinds of natto there.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:16:55 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2013, 10:39:29 pm »
I ate raw okra for the first time today.
Bought some from our organic farmer.
I was surprised it tasted really good.
I ate 6 of them.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:30 pm »
yes! i love okra, its very tasty, in the mallow family, which grows everywhere and which all parts of the plant are edible, root, leaves and pods.  its a great mucilaginous plant, has a TON of magnesium and is delicious.  it also has beautiful flowers.  its a bitch to harvest tho, very very itchy:)  glad you had a try GS, its a very traditional food in the South East United States.  its very good pickled.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2013, 10:56:29 pm »
yes! i love okra, its very tasty, in the mallow family, which grows everywhere and which all parts of the plant are edible, root, leaves and pods.  its a great mucilaginous plant, has a TON of magnesium and is delicious.  it also has beautiful flowers.  its a bitch to harvest tho, very very itchy:)  glad you had a try GS, its a very traditional food in the South East United States.  its very good pickled.

Do you have a pickling recipe for okra?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:16 am »
Deer may be common in other countries... but this is the first time I ever bought a whole deer carcass... no innards, shucks. 

Cost me a lot of money P 6,000 (divide by 43 for US Dollars) and I had to drive 70 kilometers back and forth.  And I paid a butcher for home service P 500. (who has never chopped up a deer, he thought he would get it alive)

Darn small, only 10 kilos.  Too slim, didn't have fat in him. 

Chopped him up and first made sampaloc based soup for the family.

I ate bone marrow... it was bland.

The meat, carcass did not smell of anything bad. No smell.

The raw brain was good.  Was able to have my wife taste some of the brain in soup.

The cooked deer meat was good... amazing, better than goat and better than the sheep we did in the past.  More tender than beef.

The smoked deer I get comes out cheaper at 600 pesos per kilo smoked pure meat, no bones.  But then again, that wasn't raw.

Maybe I can get in the future another one from this supplier but he has to promise me at the same price but bigger, say 20 kilos for it to be worth it... and give the organs as well. 

This was a chance opportunity excess male deer from another province and they sent it to this other province for their own consumption and the guy remembered I was asking for some, so he sold me this third deer carcass.

Must request for older, bigger, fatter.

How big and how fat do your DEER get?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2013, 08:33:49 am »
Did the butcher give you the suet (kidney fat) and heart fat or did he throw that out?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:16 am »
When I got the carcass it did not have any suet and heart fat and zero innards.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:31 am »
Next time ask if he can give you that. He might even give you much of it for free, because he may throw it out.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:23 am »
Last week was monsoon rains and floods all over.
Luckily we did not get flooded but it was a good time to check out our disaster food.
I experimented with 3 days of cooked food: 1 meal canned, 1 meal home cooked.
Plus on the 1st day I did a starbucks chocolate with whipped cream in a meeting with a big  client.
(i think this was the worst)

I suffered IBS symptoms without the LBM.  Inflamed intestines radiating up to the end of my anus.
I could pat myself at the butt and feel the pain radiate.

day 1: I first tried some 4 raw duck eggs.  Then the old fatty grilled pork technique.
(good progressing quenching the inflammation)

days 2,3,4 orange juice fast

and until today orange juice fast.... will probably do longer.

My body is loving this diluted orange juice fast.

It's so easy this time compared to before raw paleo.

There is no energy loss, no hunger pangs.

I got to work on my computers that needed new mirror raid and zfs technology

I got to go to yesterday's rally against the "pork barrel" chanting and walking long lengths and driving.

Then late afternoon and evening shopping.

All 3 full days while fasting.

My initial thoughts... the 5+ years of raw paleo diet seems to have pushed in a lot of nutrition in me.

Now I understand why there are stories of tribesmen waiting for something for 3 days and 3 days meant nothing to them even if they didn't eat for 3 days.

I wonder how long I can do this diluted orange juice fast...

----------------

Again my family thinks raw paleos may be the first to die in disaster scenarios.

maybe I should limit myself to 1 cooked meal a day in a disaster scenario.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:44:06 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #312 on: September 01, 2013, 09:03:52 am »
Fasting causes rashes.
Fats melting releasing toxins to my blood.
Blood dumping toxins out my skin.
Rashes and eczema opened up.

Im doing detox protocols to keep up.
Colon cleanses.
Kidney cleanses.
Liver flushes.
Coffee enemas
Steam baths.
Foot baths.
Rebounder.

On day 10 of fast now.

My gut of fat is shrinking.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2013, 11:36:42 am »
Fasting causes rashes.
Fats melting releasing toxins to my blood.
Blood dumping toxins out my skin.
Rashes and eczema opened up.

Im doing detox protocols to keep up.
Colon cleanses.
Kidney cleanses.
Liver flushes.
Coffee enemas
Steam baths.
Foot baths.
Rebounder.

On day 10 of fast now.

My gut of fat is shrinking.

interesting, and i am sorry...  i've never experienced a detox rash while fasting.  if what you suggest is correct, do you feel the rashes and eczema symptoms will disappear once you've cleansed the toxins that create them?
have you tried to determine where the toxins have come from during your diet?

venison (deer) meat i think is considered more of a delicacy here...  it's a bit more expensive, and yes, very tasty (although i've never had it raw, it's been many years since i've had any).  older, more mature deer tends to be described as tough and "gamey / gamy" in flavor, i think to do with the more developed muscles and hormones of older deer?...  younger deer should be more tender and mild in flavor.

best wishes.
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 01, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »
Edwin, sufficient fat and vitamin D generally clear up my dermatitis issues.  Are you sure your eczema isn't caused by the lack of good fats and vitamin D?  It doesn't sound like you're getting enough fat, and vitamin D doesn't work without fat.  My apologies if I'm wrong about this, it's been a long time since I read your eczema cure story.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »
This fast flush theory is what i agree with.
Also consulted a healer and she knows about fasting and rashes.

http://www.quickfasting.com/most_important_2_know.html

I used to live a toxic life of SAD and pharma drugs, steroid injections, creams, accutane, lead casting, gas station, mercury fillings.

Aajonus mentioned detoxing toxins when losing weight.  His suggestion was to gain weight. Lose weight. Gain weight lose weight.

Instinctively i'm not hungry.  Physically i'm enjoying myself with good energy.

I take at least 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw fat a day.

I take mgnesium oil on the skin, have some iodine herbals from barefoot herbalist mh, some raw molasses in my kidney cleanse avocado leaves tea.

I'm projecting this effort will end well.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:31:57 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »
Effective this evening I will be switching to COCONUT JUICE for my fast.

Coconuts are native to my country.

Maybe it is these imported oranges that is giving me problems.

I did not have this kind of rashes in my 14 day oj fast in 2008.

Will report what happens after switching to coconut juice.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »
What do you mean by "coconut juice"? Coconut water? It's sweet, thus it contains nutrients, unlike plain water. Drinking coconut water or orange juice is not fasting.

Normally, oranges eaten in moderate amounts within the instinctive boundaries don't cause problem, but orange juice may, as it can easily be taken in excessive amounts.

Fasting should be undertaken only in case nothing is appetizing, in principle by the smell.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2013, 07:27:54 pm »
Thanks for the inputs and opinion Iguana.

I am now looking first at the probability of pestilence.
I just took a bath and noticed i only had rashes on my arms and legs.

Seems everything on my trunk and covered by shorts are rash free.

Put on some eucalyptus oil.

Will sleep in a different house.

My son who sleeps with me in that house has itches on his legs too.  He's sleeping in the other house.

Will proceed with pest control for the home.  We have 8 ducks and 2 turkeys.  Maybe they have something.  Or maybe it is just inside that house.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2014, 08:01:34 pm »
I have been pigging out on pistachios.
They are shelled, I do not know if they are raw, probably not, but unsalted.
The specialty store made a pricing boo boo and put a 150 gram price tag on 1 KG packs. 
I bought 3 packs total.

First time I could afford to eat all the pistachios I want at this 85% "discount".

Finished 2 kgs already, with the help of my children... I'm starting to get sick of pistachios... for the first time ever.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »
Beware, if they've been dried by overheating, which is likely, you may very easily eat too many.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2014, 09:22:51 pm »
Beware, if they've been dried by overheating, which is likely, you may very easily eat too many.

They don't seem dry, they seem chewie.
Thanks!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:01 am »
they will pick up moisture after drying,,

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2014, 10:38:04 am »
I've gained weight.  Probably pigging out on those discount pistachio nuts and dried figs.  Now at 140 lbs.

Time to do a new fast again, will schedule.

In the meantime, I just started experimenting with turpentine.

Took 1/4 teaspoon in 1 tablespoon of white sugar.

Just took it more than 30 minutes ago.  Wife as witness.

Determined to do this so I can determine the safety for my wife who has candida issues.

VCO detox gets rid of candida but my wife can't do more than 1 day and the minimum of vco detox to be effective is 3 days.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »
Duhat is in season,  bought 1 kilo BIG (120 / kilo) and 1 kilo GIGANTIC (180 / kilo) in size.

My security guard friends were happy in the bank.  And my family and maids were happy to have these very short seasoned duhat.  They will usually be in season for just a month every year and that is it.  So if you don't buy now, you may not see it next week if the window closes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk