Author Topic: Drinking water in frozen lands  (Read 22767 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking water in frozen lands
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 06:39:29 am »
They urinated where they ate - god almighty!   -v -v -v -v -v

Lol! I love the Eskimos but that is kinda  -v
I mean even animals don't urinate or defecate close to where they eat, they move away to do it.
Actually clean urine is fine/not nasty, its the fact that you're urinating while eating that I funny, humans will do all sorts of crazy stuff!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 06:47:33 am »
Lol! I love the Eskimos but that is kinda  -v
I mean even animals don't urinate or defecate close to where they eat, they move away to do it.
Actually clean urine is fine/not nasty, its the fact that you're urinating while eating that I funny, humans will do all sorts of crazy stuff!
  I suppose the Eskimoes had no choice. From what I have been told by climbers and those travelling through subarctic areas, if you go outside in  conditions well below freezing you tend to get  instant frostbite in certain vulnerable parts of your body - excretions have to be made indoors, I guess.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 08:20:39 am »
  I suppose the Eskimoes had no choice. From what I have been told by climbers and those travelling through subarctic areas, if you go outside in  conditions well below freezing you tend to get  instant frostbite in certain vulnerable parts of your body - excretions have to be made indoors, I guess.

Thats true in those conditions it would be out of the question, ouch indeed!
But wouldn't the Eskimos have an indoor area/location where that is the accepted place for excreting, or did they not care in general...Dont sit on the yellow parts in the igloo :/ 

That must be really difficult travelling in subarctic and you have an emergency, you'd have to set up a dwelling just for that sometimes...lol

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 04:52:28 am »
In cold climate you dont need that much water like at summer.
and Raw meat especially muscle are 80+ percent water addition to this
they could drink blood.. Imagine how much blood those giant mammoth had..
FAT IS ALMOST WATER and people here on the forum say that human was evolved eating
high FAT/protein meals so maybe this is why because need for water in cold enviorment.
Muscle = 80%+ water and fat is almost water and they can drink blood ! giant ammount of water.

Plus to that they probably experienced hot weather and they saw difference in water from 2 enviorements(cold/hot)
So they understood heating snow/cold water gona be some way more nicer to drink than eat frozen snow..

I know it sounds fucked up a little bit but what about drinking mammoth urine?? they probably had huge organs
especially that one which keeps the urine inside.

All this 3 I mentioned are high water resourcess though.

sry for bad english   :P

Thats where the bears got their water from  ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:01:14 am by achillezzz »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 05:53:29 am »
In cold climate you dont need that much water like at summer. ...
What about the reports that traditional Inuit drank enormous quantities of water, such as this one:

“(The Inuit drink) large quantities of water (5 to 6 litres per day), characteristic of the protein-rich diet that triggers renal elimination of the products of catabolism." (Consuming the Inedible: Neglected Dimensions by Jeremy MacClancy, 2007, p. 123)

And what about this:

"During physical work, mental stress, and/or exposure to climatic extremes, marked disruptions of body fluid balance can occur. This is as true in cold climates as in hot. For example, soldiers conducting cold-weather operations are often dehydrated by 3 to 8 percent of their body weight (Bly et al., 1950)"
http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=5197&page=161
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 09:12:34 pm »
lol 6 litter is easyyy its nothing close to enormous...
in hot weather i drink 10 to 12 litters of water a day!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:20:24 pm by achillezzz »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:44 am »
Holy cow! I didn't know that was humanly possible except in a desert. Or if I did, I forgot. Allow me to clarify then--6 liters is enormous and undoable for me (currently I get a painfully bloated bladder and doing my job is made impossible if I exceed 3 liters, though I'm hoping my water intake tolerance will improve with time).

Are you perhaps working out and sweating quite a bit when you drink that much water? Are you concerned at all about potential water intoxication (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication) or mineral depletion as a result? Do you know what the safe maximal intake of water is for an average adult? Have you measured your urinary specific gravity to see if it's too diluted? How frequently do you urinate each day?

Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:41:27 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »
The 10-12 litre a day figure sounds highly dubious. Anthony Andrews the actor got hyponatraemia from drinking just 8 litres of water a day for a period:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/drama/3600987/My-battle-with-the-bottle.html

The above is a cautionary tale NOT to drink too much water.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 08:50:18 pm »
Im 17 years old  height 6'8 weight 95kg  and play alot basketball
Its a problem for me too drinking so much water maybe you can figure out why i drink so much..
is it really have risks envolved?? because the last 2 months my urine is totally white
we have a high quality filtering machine at our home but i still lazy to fill those 6 bottles of 2 liters per day
so i buy it everyday after school lol
The 10-12 litre a day figure sounds highly dubious.
I swear!! I already drank 7 liters today...
last year I was drinking 4-5 max a day.
I read that water is good so I started drinking alot. first time I started
going to bathroom 10times a day but now its 3-5times a day its like my body got used to it.
I have a friend who drinks almost same ammount but he eats alot of bread and peanut butter its dehydrating.
when I wake up I can just put 1 half or 2 liter inside of me in few seconds but I do feel some dizziness in my head and eyes lately and really feel crazy hungry for salty foods with all my mouth full of saliva .
One of the reasons i started drinking that much water is because i feel dry mouth always and had some heart burns so water helped it.
should I go to a doctor?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:14:58 pm by achillezzz »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:54 pm »
It does seem excessive. Perhaps checking with a doctor would help. Not that it worked for me pre-RPD diet as they were useless.
" Ron Paul.

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »
They urinated where they ate - god almighty!   -v -v -v -v -v

Oh goodness Tyler, you had me bent over with laughter for nearly 5 minutes straight!

but really, urine is just stigmatized in modern society, it is said to be even more pure than distilled water since a healthy liver filters all the impurities out of it.
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:53 pm »
but really, urine is just stigmatized in modern society, it is said to be even more pure than distilled water since a healthy liver filters all the impurities out of it.
Really, and where does it put these impurities? Keep them around in the body??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk