Author Topic: PaleoPhil's Journal  (Read 338634 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: PaleoPhil's Journal
« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »
I stumbled on an old post in which I said I wasn't interested in earthing. It was an exaggeration. I had a little interest, I just wasn't interested in watching a David Wolfe video on it or getting into a discussion on it at the time, it was off-topic, I figured I was already getting some earthing via barefooting, and most of the people I'd seen promote it were quacks like Wolfe. After that I read a bit more on it, including quickly scanning some studies, saw more credible people write positively about it, and my interest is growing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:04:32 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2013, 10:42:14 am »
Got a blood test today:

Random Blood Glucose: 92
Total cholesterol: 238 (up from 169)
HDL: 81 (up from 66)
TC/HDL: 2.9 (up from 2.6)

I've been eating higher-fat, which raised my HDL up to its highest ever, but also my TC to one of the highest measures ever, maybe highest, though I don't remember the highest past #. The TC/HDL rose a bit and the TC is still below what the Technician considered a danger level of 240. I ate a fatty lunch beforehand. I wonder if that had any effect. Overall I'm pleased to see the HDL # up and not too concerned about the TC as long as it doesn't continue to rise.

Here's a question from the BCBS health assessment. There was NO option for zero grains:

Breads and Grains
* 3.5) Indicate the kinds of breads and grains you usually eat.

a) nearly always eat refined grain products
b) eat mostly refined grain products, some whole-grain
c) eat both about the same
d) eat primarily whole-grain products, some refined
e) eat only whole-grain products

Here is the macronutrient recommendation:

Carbs: 50% (342.62 grams/day)
Protein: 20% (137.05 grams/day)
Fat: 30% (91.37 grams/day)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:04:22 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2013, 11:47:53 am »
Good, Phil.  I don't know if the fatty meal had an influence on your cholesterol.  Fat usually digests slowly, so it might depend on how long before the test you ate.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2013, 07:48:58 am »
Thanks, the other major change I can think of is the addition to butter (mostly Kerrygold) in my diet. I notice that many butter eaters report very high total cholesterol, so I wonder if it ups serum cholesterol (and maybe HDL) more than other animal fats.

"[Nassim Taleb's] barbell approach ... is [that] a bit of two extremes is better than ... sitting in the middle" - Rory Sutherland Nassim Nicholas Taleb and Oglivy's Rory Sutherland on risk Cannes Lions 2013

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2013, 10:16:40 am »
"I'll pursue a policy of reconciliation and peace. We will also reconcile with the world." - Hasan Rowhani, newly elected President of Iran

"Probably no country in the world is more mischaracterized in Western eyes than Iran. Most Americans' perceptions of Iran are limited to images of President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad delivering anti-American speeches and crowds chanting "Death to America!" with the blessing of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini. Yet a 2009 World Public Opinion poll found that 51 percent of Iranians hold a favorable opinion of Americans, a number consistent with other polls, meaning that Americans are more widely liked in Iran than anywhere else in the Middle East [after Israel]." http://tinyurl.com/a33fy9u

Iran/Persia is a natural ally of the USA (http://tinyurl.com/lyoxvf4). I hope we are returning to our traditional friendship after an ugly period.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:33:43 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:11 pm »
Iran was a long time US ally.  Even had normal relations with Israel.  Muslim revolution changed all of that.  US had no choice but to look somewhere else.  That's why we are with Saudis now.  US cannot have normal relations with both since they are direct rivals.  It either one or the other.

Iran also aligns with Russia and somewhat with China. Iran also can't have it both ways.
And there is no such thing as friendship between nations. Nothing personal, it's just business.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:37 pm »
I think someone asked me a question about Brazil nut selenium content that I accidentally deleted prematurely. A single Brazil nut contains more than the recommended Daily Value of selenium, though I currently average more than one a day. They're also high in phytic acid and omega 6, so buyer beware. There's also plenty of info on Brazil nuts on the Internet that one can Google.

Where did you find raw brazil nuts? The info I've seen online says anything unshelled isn't raw.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 21, 2013, 12:15:50 am »
try nutsonline.com

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:36 am »
Hi YS, whether it's called friendship or business, I'm hoping the relationship will return to where it was before the recent aberration or better. You're right that Iran was a long time US ally before the US also had diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia and even with both at the same time (1933 - 1979, before the Iranian revolution). So history shows these relationships are not necessarily mutually exclusive unless we choose to make them so and dismiss the possibility without trying it.

Hi DaBoss, I was just using the term "raw" that markets use to distinguish nuts from the roasted varieties. Van is right that raw purists can buy truly raw Brazil nuts in the shell at

http://www.nuts.com/nuts/brazilnuts/in-the-shell.html

I found that if I overdo it on Brazil nuts I develop small patches of itchy or dry skin, which is a good incentive for me to not overdo it.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 22, 2013, 07:48:38 am »
I added P5P (a highly bioavailable version of vitamin B6) to my regimen and starting on Monday, June 17, 2013 I read up on the recommended dose for people with "pyroluria" and started taking 150 - 200 mg per day, spread out in 50 mg tablet doses, with noticeable benefits within 24 hours. Since then I've noticed that I have less muscle tension at the end of the day, even after a whole day of sitting at a PC in a chair at work and even if I eat significant carbs, somewhat increased appetite, cleaner/smoother teeth, better mental clarity and performance, and mild to moderate euphoria at times (especially the first couple of days about an hour or so after taking the P5P). I even tested drinking alcohol (mead) with it and found that I had less negative symptoms the next morning (speculating--possibly due to fewer pyrroles in the urine accumulated overnight in my bladder?)--almost no symptoms. Amazing results so far.

High intake of vitamin B6 seems to be one of the key remaining elements I was needing and missing. Some writings on pyroluria, such as by Nora Gedgaudas, were helpful in pointing me to it. I had tried B6 in the past, but apparently at too low a dose and not sufficiently absorbable a form for it to make a difference. I'm trying not to get overly excited about it, because short term benefits don't always pan out in the longer run.

The benefits of P5P have been so remarkable so far, that it will take quite a bit of discipline not to take high doses every day. After a bit I'm going to try to use a more intermittent approach, to see if I can avoid coddling my system and thus possibly avoid further reducing my body's ability to produce B6.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:38:48 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 23, 2013, 09:39:16 am »
I found that if I overdo it on Brazil nuts I develop small patches of itchy or dry skin, which is a good incentive for me to not overdo it.

Do you soak them? I'm ordering a couple pounds now.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 23, 2013, 10:24:33 am »
I added P5P (a highly bioavailable version of vitamin B6) to my regimen and starting on Monday, June 17, 2013 I read up on the recommended dose for people with "pyroluria" and started taking 150 - 200 mg per day, spread out in 50 mg tablet doses, with noticeable benefits within 24 hours. Since then I've noticed that I have less muscle tension at the end of the day, even after a whole day of sitting at a PC in a chair at work and even if I eat significant carbs, somewhat increased appetite, cleaner/smoother teeth, better mental clarity and performance, and mild to moderate euphoria at times (especially the first couple of days about an hour or so after taking the P5P). I even tested drinking alcohol (mead) with it and found that I had less negative symptoms the next morning (speculating--possibly due to fewer pyrroles in the urine accumulated overnight in my bladder?)--almost no symptoms. Amazing results so far.

Keep us posted.  This sounds interesting. Where did you get your P5P?  How much did it cost?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 23, 2013, 09:15:11 pm »
I didn't soak the Brazil nuts, as I suspected that the plant toxins helped get things moving. It's not a sustainable long-term strategy, so I've been looking for other better solutions. If P5P helps with constipation, as I've since learned it can, I may not need to use the nuts therapeutically any more. P5P has some of the quickest and most dramatic benefits of any therapy I've tried.

I bought the P5P at the local Vitamin Shoppe. The sales clerk recommended it as the best version of B6, which my later Googling confirmed.  http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1266#.UcZeDPnCYqI  $11.99 for 100 50 mg tablets.

I serendipitously stumbled on the B6 connection to constipation. I had started taking P5P due to many interesting connections between my chronic symptoms, personal and family history, and "pyroluria." I had investigated pyroluria before years ago when I noticed interesting correlations in the reported symptoms, but there was scarce info on it and most of it dismissed the concept and therapies as quackery. I had even tried B6 before, but bought a standard cheap version and used the recommended dose and didn't notice anything from it.

Now there is more info on the Internet about pyroluria (though still not a lot and much of it vague or dismissive). I had discovered before that it was only after I took much more than the suggested dosage on the bottles that I benefited from zinc and potassium supplements and that the more bioavailable chelated forms of zinc produced none of the nausea that cheap forms did. So I decided that maybe this could be the case for B6 too. This time I asked for the most bioavailable version and Googled for dosage recommendations for people with pyroluria. Sure enough, the suggested dosages for pyroluria were far higher than the doses on the bottle and there were multiple reports that people with pyroluria don't notice any improvement at standard doses, but people with substantial pyrroles will tend to notice dramatic improvement at high doses within a day. This all proved true for me.

I noticed one morning after taking my highest total daily dose of P5P (200 mg spread throughout the day), that I had a stronger than normal morning peristalsis signal (it's normally weak to nonexistent for me without helps like a large breakfast) and better movement. I hadn't seen a connection made between pyroluria and chronic constipation before, but I Googled it and several sources did report constipation (especially morning constipation with nausea and lack of morning appetite) and IBS. I had all these symptoms in the past--IBS-C with little or no peristalsis, morning constipation which later became constipation throughout the day and eventually IBS-C with intermittent diarrhea. Cutting out gluten improved this to just constipation with slightly better peristalsis. P5P seems to be further helping.

IBS vitamin B6 constipation

I've long suspected that something is interfering with my neural signals and thus preventing much of the normal peristalsis signal, and this notion of pyrroles seems to fit with that. I'm speculating, but if this pyroluria thing is real, then perhaps something like this is the scenario--pyrroles block neural signals including peristalsis signals, B6 binds with the pyrroles, clearing up the neural blockages and enabling the peristalsis signals to get through. I've also noticed improved mental clarity and better short-term memory, including of dreams, since taking P5P.

I've also noticed that various therapies, such as going gluten-free, then going Paleo, then going LC Paleo, then raw LC Paleo, have excellent short-term effects for me, including often some euphoria in the early days, but then some of the old symptoms gradually start to creep back--so subtly it's almost imperceptible until it gets bad enough to notice. I now suspect that the beneficial therapies reduce the level of pyrroles and other toxins in my system short-term, but then they gradually increase again. By focusing more directly on the pyrroles (assuming I have them), it may have more impact, and so far that seems to be proving out.

Another thing I've noticed over the years that I so far haven't found any info on, is that if I eat more of certain carby foods or alcohol (especially certain types of alcohol, with certain brands of mead and unfiltered sake being less of a problem), the next morning a full bladder of urine will be quite irritating and my flanks (kidneys?) may also ache. The discomfort largely or totally goes away after morning urination. Perhaps that irritation is caused by accumulated pyrroles in the urine? If I take plenty of P5P, that bladder irritation is largely or totally avoided, even if I drink alcohol the previous evening, which I put to the test.

I think I'm on to something here. This so far seems to be the biggest breakthrough for me since trying gluten-free and Paleo.

The odd thing about this pyroluria thing is that there is so little on it, the studies didn't support it, and there aren't many success stories. People post on forums or in blogs that they are going to try it or are having early success, then they stop posting. I discovered that even Chris MasterJohn reported years ago that pyroluria therapy was very beneficial for him, and he wrote a couple of snippets relevant to it, but he didn't continue to write about this. It's rather mysterious and puzzling. Do people later learn that it doesn't help long-term? Did Chris stop writing about it once he started working toward a PhD, for fear of getting in trouble because pyroluria is regarded as quack nonsense in academia?

P5P has been having more benefit re: dental scum than anything I've tried so far. I've also read that pyroluria patients tend to have too high omega 3 and too low omega 6. That would explain why RF CLO only seemed to have minor benefit--which could have all been due to other things I was doing. So I'm going to try the pyroluria therapy and go against standard Paleo recommendations and up my omega 6 intake while cutting back on omega 3. Interestingly, an important animal form of omega 6--arachidonic acid--has become popular with bodybuilders in recent years as a muscle booster (via hormetic stressing of muscle tissue).

Arachidonic acid is reportedly a key part of the anabolic process of muscle repair, healing and building. Arachidonic acid deficiency would fit with my lifelong undermuscling and below-normal response to weight lifting. It would also explain why eggs, liver and red meat seem to be some of my best foods.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:49:15 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 23, 2013, 09:42:45 pm »
I'm glad this is working for you, Phil.  Keep us posted.

In most cases, vitamin/mineral supplementation has less dramatic effects over time, with any individual supplement.  However, sometimes the improvements are permanent.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 23, 2013, 09:50:10 pm »
I've also noticed that various therapies, such as going gluten-free, then going Paleo, then going LC Paleo, then raw LC Paleo, have excellent short-term effects for me, including often some euphoria in the early days, but then some of the old symptoms gradually start to creep back--so subtly it's almost imperceptible until it gets bad enough to notice.
Same here, it's a lot of placebo. I hope the pyroluria therapy is not just placebo for you though.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 23, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »
@cherimoya
Yes, I've already noticed that I'm no longer getting much of the early euphoria I got from taking P5P. I have noticed that the early responses to both dietary and supplement therapy are generally dramatic and then lessen over time and I doubt that pyroluria is going to be the full puzzle, but it (or something like it) so far appears to be another key element.

@ aLptHW4k4y
It is wise to take a long-term perspective and I do always consider the possibility of a placebo effect, as well as random coincidence, in addition to the common lessening of therapeutic benefit over time, and try not to get too excited. I can't write it all off to placebo at this point though, because there have been several benefits I had not read about or expected that I Googled and found to be reported by others. I also forgot to take a couple doses of P5P one day and didn't realize it until I started to feel increasing muscle discomfort again and wondered why. I was puzzled, because I thought I had taken the P5P. Then I discovered that I had set out the tablets but was interrupted with a distraction and forgot to actually take them. Once I started taking them regularly again, I again improved.

---

My patches of dry, itchy skin while eating Brazil nuts have me suspecting that I'm more sensitive than avg to phytates, which fits with the deficiency in zinc and other minerals in pyroluria that would otherwise mitigate harm from phytates by binding with them. Plus, I was trying both the Brazil nuts and green coffee mainly to see if it would improve peristalsis (as well as possible benefits from fiber or hormetic anti-aging medicinal plant toxins), whereas P5P is looking more promising for that now. I found that coffee is also high in phytates, so I'm going to stop experimenting with both Brazil nuts and green coffee for now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:47:36 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:47 am »
The latest improvement on  a partial application of pyroluria therapy is that my day vision (myopia) also seems to be improving along with my night vision. I am now able to read this text on the PC with an old weaker eyeglass prescription for the first time in years (probably more than a decade) after about a week on an only partial application of the pyroluria therapy. The reversal of years of vision acuity decline in a matter of days is quite unexpected. These are so far the most remarkable results I've had since eliminating gluten from my diet back in 2004 (knock on wood  ;D ).

Still, I'm trying not to get carried away with excitement, because my vision also improved like this in 2004 after going gluten-free and then it gradually declined again over the years to the point where recently my newest, stronger eyeglass Px had been getting too weak and I was having to sit closer to projector screens to read the presentations on them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:59:02 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 24, 2013, 10:03:12 am »
Brazil nuts might theoretically help pyroluria with their selenium and phytate (which could bind with copper, but also with zinc) content, but I'm going to avoid them for at least a while, because I doubt my zinc and overall mineral status and antioxidant levels are sufficient yet to handle them well and I'm getting better results from other things like P5P.

Here's a link to Nora Gedgaudas' pyroluria questionnaire and some of the questions for anyone interested in seeing if it might apply to them:

PYROLURIA QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Little or no dream recall

2. White spots on finger nails

3. Poor morning appetite +/- tendency to skip breakfast

4. Morning nausea

5. Pale skin +/- poor tanning +/- burn easy in sun

6. Sensitivity to bright light

7. Hypersensitive to loud noises

read more at http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/?p=398

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 24, 2013, 10:34:28 am »
Tonight my oral temp and resting pulse are up into the range that Ray Peat and Danny Roddy recommend for the first time I can recall.

99.3 F oral temp.
BP 123/86
resting pulse 81

I don't have a fever, I feel improved and I suspect that Peat and Roddy are right about this and conventional wisdom wrong. I didn't do it the way that they recommended, though there are interesting overlaps between what we're doing, as I've posted about before in another thread somewhere. I've even been following Danny's blog with interest, despite his recent frequent trashing of Paleo in general--or at least the way it's currently commonly practiced, which is a bit different than what I've been doing. For example, I eat raw fermented honey and Kerrygold butter, which is apparently OK with Danny but not with most Paleo people.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:05 am »
. For example, I eat raw fermented honey and Kerrygold butter, which is apparently OK with Danny but not with most Paleo people.

Honey isn't OK with Paleo people?  I urge people to use concentrated sweet foods like honey in moderation, but I eat it myself sometimes, and I think it can be a good adjunct to the usual diet of meat/fruit/fish that I normally eat.  Honey's been in the human diet for a long time.  Honeybees are from Africa, and even today many Africans eat wild honey regularly. We are all Africans, even though we've mixed with other hominid groups like Neanderthals, and honey-eating is in our history.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »
Nonetheless, if you check other Paleo forums and blogs beyond this one, you'll find honey often regarded rather negatively. One "Paleo" diet software program I tried even said that my diet isn't Paleo at all because I eat some honey. I've seen "Paleo" people who continue to eat honey called "sugar addicts." That's probably a factor, yet it seems one-sided, because I've never seen those who say they can't live without bacon or butter called "fat addicts." Plus, regardless of whether sugar addiction played a role or not in why I tried raw honeys, fermented raw honey provides me with skin and hair benefits and the experienced positives appear to outweigh the theoretical negatives.

Ironically, many of the same people who criticize honey as not Paleo or addictive advocate for carbs being crucial. I tested all the carb foods I could and found fermented honey to be one of my best tolerated of all, more so than cooked "safe starches". So their own macronutrient advice points me to eating (fermented) honey.

There's an interesting phenomenon in Paleo circles where something negative is discovered about a food, it becomes declared "not Paleo" and possibly even demonized, and then later on some people start reporting positive stuff about the food and saying that people are going overboard, and it gradually becomes somewhat rehabilitated. On the flip side, other foods that were once generally regarded as "Paleo" and healthy have come into question. Throughout it all, it seems that honey has pretty consistently been regarded as at best a treat, despite the fact that every HG people that eats it regards it as a food.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:03:09 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 28, 2013, 11:58:23 am »

There's an interesting phenomenon in Paleo circles where something negative is discovered about a food, it becomes declared "not Paleo" and possibly even demonized, and then later on some people start reporting positive stuff about the food and saying that people are going overboard, and it gradually becomes somewhat rehabilitated. On the flip side, other foods that were once generally regarded as "Paleo" and healthy have come into question. Throughout it all, it seems that honey has pretty consistently been regarded as at best a treat, despite the fact that every HG people that eats it regards it as a food.

HG peoples are generally eating grubcomb, are they not?

And it amazes me how much you keep up with other dietary forums and youtube posts, etc.. I guess I was like that more in the past, but now I'm lazy.  I let people like you bring all the new/useful stuff to this forum, where I can be exposed to it effortlessly. ROFL

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:45 am »
is the P5P still getting it done for you, Phil?  My wife and I tried it for a couple of days, but we didn't notice anything. What brand are you using?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 28, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »
Yeah, HGs eat grubcomb, which is something I've talked about in this forum.

There are some tools that I find work much better for enabling other people to tip me off quickly about the latest best info than relying on a single forum. Some of it I learned about from Tim Ferris and Nassim Taleb. When I first read this forum, I read a lot of the threads, as there was a lot for me to learn.

I only read a small fraction of the threads in the forum now, as I find a lot of them to be the same old same old at this point and every forum engages in some groupthink and confirmation bias, though this forum is still the best for me because it focuses more on unusual stuff that other forums would just dismiss or ignore, and not just because it fits well with my diet. I also often listen to podcasts, including some Paleo podcasts, while walking to and from work, and the podcasters also tend to also tip me off about other stuff that they have read or heard about.

Presumably the biggest impact from P5P/B6 will happen for those who are most deficient. The effect from P5P for me now seems less dramatic than at first, which seems to be the case with pretty much anything, but it does still seem to be beneficial. I take a rather high dose, which I started doing initially because I didn't know that P5P is 5x more potent than ordinary B6. So far no negative side effects of overdose. I also started taking some of it as ordinary B6, because that is recommended, though I don't notice any additional benefit from doing that.

I've started remembering more bits of dreams and they seem to be getting a bit more pleasant, which is supposed to mean that my B6 is approaching a good level. However, it could be just because I'm paying more attention to dreams after reading about this, but I suppose time will tell.

My pulse was back down to 54 last night and my body temp at 97.8 F was below the peak, though still higher than my past avg, so maybe my high measures were a coincidental fluke. I don't want to track every number here like Lex did for a while, but I'll try to remember to report interesting trends.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:34:20 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:30 am »
Keep us posted. This is definitely worth watching.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk