Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529773 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2009, 07:45:57 pm »

It was in October on my country estate. I was eating lamb testicles, kidneys, liver and kidney suet. The dog got some morsels ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2009, 07:49:35 pm »
mutton suet (some new kind and it's very toothsome)
That's how it looks like -

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2009, 08:47:28 pm »
Today, I'm eating a very large bag of raw mussels. Tomorrow, some raw marrow(2 bones of many inches length(8?) and maybe a little raw wild hare.

Is that all you need? To feed on mussels you would need a lot - doesn't that upset your system? Only raw marrow the next day? How the hell do you not loose weight - don't you need more, boy? I take it you can not do much activity - what about working, getting to work... ???

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2009, 09:19:20 pm »
Hannibal, that so called suet is from some other part (stomach?); I got some looking just like that and it was no good (more water than anything) - if I need fat, I need fat; real suet!

You are looking good!

Nicola

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2009, 09:41:48 pm »
Hannibal, that so called suet is from some other part (stomach?); I got some looking just like that and it was no good (more water than anything) - if I need fat, I need fat; real suet!
I tried many types of suets and this one on the picture is very toothosome - I cut it and eat it like the chips ;)
Real suet is probably kidney suet for you? For me it's too dry - it's like a candle wax.
You are looking good!
thnx :)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2009, 12:00:12 am »

It was in October on my country estate. I was eating lamb testicles, kidneys, liver and kidney suet. The dog got some morsels ;)

nice pic! i wish all lunches looked like that, ha

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2009, 12:26:51 am »
to cherimoya-kid,  raw non-treated scallops are available in whole food or where you get them from? thanks :)

Yes, Whole Foods.  I don't know of anywhere else to get them, except maybe certain fishmongers.  They are also known as 'dry' scallops, versus 'wet' scallops. The treated ones are usually a little bit more wet than the non-treated.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2009, 09:31:42 am »
dinner: beef marrow and rump roast (i didn't eat all of that). i've been storing my meets on that wire rack in the fridge lately. i think van mentioned doing this. it works really well and makes it taste even better. the outer layer of the meat dries a little over a day or so. sorry for the blurriness.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2009, 05:41:40 pm »
Is that all you need? To feed on mussels you would need a lot - doesn't that upset your system? Only raw marrow the next day? How the hell do you not loose weight - don't you need more, boy? I take it you can not do much activity - what about working, getting to work... ???
  Raw marrow is very satiating and I eat a lot of it. As for raw mussels, I eat something like 100-200 of them in one go(over 4 hours), and, no, they work fine re digestion.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2009, 09:27:14 am »
  Raw marrow is very satiating and I eat a lot of it. As for raw mussels, I eat something like 100-200 of them in one go(over 4 hours), and, no, they work fine re digestion.
You have amazing food sources. Markets here rarely have more than 50-100 mussels total. I've only seen one market here with oysters so far, starting in late November, and at one visit there were just three mesh bags of them containing three each and they're rather expensive. The farmers' market here doesn't have any seafood that I've ever noticed and the ocean is far away, so there's no oceanside fish market, obviously. The only fish market we have here is a restaurant with fish market in the name. Maybe that will help explain why some people use supplements instead of eating hundreds of shellfish.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2009, 09:57:52 am »
Raw ground pork topped with a raw egg yolk.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:34 am »
I'm eating 100% raw 80/20 ground beef when I eat at home, which is 99% of the time.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2009, 11:05:43 am »
Yon - how long do you keep your meat on the wire rack in the fridge?  is there a time limit?... or it's better tasting with time?  how about on digestion?

Tyler - stupid question but do you swallow muscles whole?... I've never eaten shellfish so sorry for these naive questions lately re oysters and muscles.  I want to try them though.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:11 am »
I bite oysters once, then swallow. But you can swallow whole.

Today grain finished ground beef mixed with GF suet to bring it up to something like 80/20. Just eye ball the mixture to get it how I like it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »
Yon - how long do you keep your meat on the wire rack in the fridge?  is there a time limit?... or it's better tasting with time?  how about on digestion?

well i haven't experimented with long lengths of time because i usually eat it all within 2-3 days. it seems like it would just kind of dry out though after a long enough while. i don't think it would rot, but i really have no experience with this. i'd say it tastes better with time and digestion is the same as usual. overall, i'd recommend it. my meats used to get brown on the outside if kept in the butcher paper for a couple days, but this solves that problem. plus it tastes better

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2009, 07:41:00 pm »
Tyler - stupid question but do you swallow muscles whole?... I've never eaten shellfish so sorry for these naive questions lately re oysters and muscles.  I want to try them though.
Absolutely. I might chew once, if that, but that's all.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:51:10 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:51 pm »
I just ate dinner with the family

1. Small raw fish "kinilaw" - in squeezed calamansi (our lemons) plus some diced ginger plus some diced onions. This is a day old, we mixed this yesterday. Several pics so you can appreciate how small they are.  With head and intestines.

2. Some raw beef brisket for fat.  Not enough fat in the fish.

3. Some 30 minutes later, 2 slices of melon for hydration. (I don't like drinking water.)

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2009, 12:31:09 am »
always enjoy great pictures. thanks to GS.

question to GS,  these fish are river fish or deep water fish?

do you believe that ancient tribes cook their fish if they catch from near the shore!! they only used to eat raw fish, if they're from deep water. the reason i'm asking this because, i'm tired of dealing with bad parasites. i know that small fish are the best. do you also clean the intestines of the fish when you eat them raw? thanks.
bugs or country chickens

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2009, 05:56:56 am »
question to GS,  these fish are river fish or deep water fish?

These are ocean fish.  Probably near the shore.

do you believe that ancient tribes cook their fish if they catch from near the shore!! they only used to eat raw fish, if they're from deep water. the reason i'm asking this because, i'm tired of dealing with bad parasites. i know that small fish are the best. do you also clean the intestines of the fish when you eat them raw? thanks.

Before humans became "conscious" I'm pretty sure they ate these raw as they got them.  I've seen videos of children near the shores and they just pop these in their mouths.

We don't bother to clean the intestines of these tiny fish because that's the good part.  And I get even smaller tinier fish where it is impossible to do any cleaning at all. 

We usually put the fish in powerful vinegar or calamansi / lemon juice to alay parasite fears.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2009, 06:46:22 pm »
I'm eating  some roll-mops I think it's called(raw lamb-flesh stretched out into a thin roll). Also, may eat some raw marrow and maybe a lamb's heart or too, all grass-fed.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2010, 09:58:05 am »
about to eat some wild hog shoulder, some beef marrow and suet, and a small sliver of goat testicle (can't handle too much).

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2010, 05:13:28 am »
Salamanders.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2010, 11:41:21 am »
for some reason this evening meat and fat sounded disgusting to me. the only thing that sounded good was an apple. so i ate and and then felt like eating more apples but didn't have anymore. so i found some frozen dates i had in the freezer (from nearly 2 years ago when i was trying to stay alive on raw vegan, ha) and ate one but didn't feel like eating more. then i felt like eating some pecans so i ate 3 whole ones. that's probably the strangest meal i've eaten in a long time, but i feel fine and full.

it was weird because usually i dont eat that many carbs even throughout a whole two days or so. it just felt right though so i followed my instincts. i had some really fatty pork loin for lunch though so maybe my body just needed a rest from that. who the hell knows...

also, megan, kudos on eating the salamander. that's pretty adventurous

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2010, 07:27:07 pm »
Today, I'm going to eat c.10 raw wildcaught oysters. They're not as large as I'm used to, but still larger than what you'd find in a supermarket.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »
For lunch I had about 6 ounces of raw grass-fed ground round beef, plus some smelt roe and raw bay scallops.  For dinner I had a bunch of sashimi and a little bit of greens, at a local Japanese restaurant.  I also had a couple of teaspoons of bone meal and some kombucha and water kefir, plus some Terramin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk