Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529343 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2010, 11:57:39 am »
lol you censored yourself  :o

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2010, 02:07:45 pm »
1 kg unheated honeycomb for dinner
It's definitely not paleo.  :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2010, 03:08:41 pm »
Of course, I'm just kidding. klowcarb's "SAD" menu is much healthier than my example. The point I want to make, is that the split of the "what are you eating" thread into "approved" and "unapproved" food is quite artificial. I suggest we put the threads together, and let people decide for themselves what's healthy. Everyone here, even newbies, know what food is considered rawpaleo and what isn't. It's not rocket science.
Those are not valid points. For one thing, while people make mistakes sometimes re raw food amounts at times(such as primal dieters etc.) it's a hell of a lot more common for cooked food-eaters to overeat as they don't get the "stop" signal early on like people do when eating raw foods for a time. No doubt due to the addictive opioids in cooked foods among other factors. I certainly would find it impossible to eat  a  whole kilo of raw honeycomb in 1 day, so such a mythical example is pointless and meaningless.

As for putting those 2 threads together, it would give a completely false impression. Contrary to what you claim, most newbies are NOT familiar with notions such as that grassfed is superior to grainfed, some even think that it is OK to eat smoked meats(I certainly did for several months), and so on. The other point is that many of us have to make unfortunate compromises such as eating cooked foods when in the company of cooked foodists, or there's the case of RZCers eating pemmican because they can't get hold of decent sources of raw animal foods when travelling etc., or there's the case of people having to eat cooked foods with work-mates because raw foods are frowned upon etc.. So, posting about such here and there digressions away from raw would be misleading unless, in every such post, people always made a note that they were not eating the cooked crap because it was healthy but because their choices were forcibly limited at the time.

Also, there is the point I mentioned above, that this is a rawpalaeo forum, so that people come here to read about rawpalaeo foods. They can always read about Big Macs or pasteurised butter in a multitude of other forums. This is one of the few places where rawpalaeo foods are tolerated.

Another obvious point:- 1 of the main reasons the precursor to rawpaleoforum,(rawpaleodiet) was set up, was in response to extreme fanaticism from an owner of another RVAF diet list who arbitrarily decided at one point that, somehow a partially-raw diet with lots of cooked food was the healthiest and started banning etc. anyone who suggested that this was a bad idea, even though the majority of the members at the time were not happy with this nonsense claim as they personally did badly on cooked foods. I do NOT want a return to such hijacking of a group, as that other partially-raw group I mentioned was a lot saner before that guy started becoming overly  dictatorial.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:26:49 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2010, 03:11:34 pm »
It's definitely not paleo.  :)

because bees where not around at the time of the caveman, or? Am i missing a joke here?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2010, 03:25:14 pm »
because bees where not around at the time of the caveman, or? Am i missing a joke here?
No, because raw honey would have been a very rare treat in palaeo times given that there were no beekeepers in palaeo times, there being no domestication/ agriculture.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »
Because something had been available in paleo times doesn't necessarily mean people had been devouring unlimited amounts of it.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2010, 05:29:07 pm »
Anyway, we can't eat an unlimited amount of unheated and unmixed comb honey!

EDIT: Right now I ate 3 melons while there's a comb of honey just behind me. It's been there since 4 or 5 months and I haven't yet eaten half of it! I just tasted it after the melons and it already began to burn my mouth after a very small spoon.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:17:56 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2010, 06:26:48 pm »
No, because raw honey would have been a very rare treat in palaeo times given that there were no beekeepers in palaeo times, there being no domestication/ agriculture.
Because something had been available in paleo times doesn't necessarily mean people had been devouring unlimited amounts of it.

Ofcourse. It's the amount. Cheers.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2010, 10:09:17 pm »
Today:
cranberries with honeycomb and honey from that comb
8 egg yolks (6 chicken ones and 2 duck ones)
an hour ago - some amount of three-weeks-old high mutton

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2010, 11:07:20 pm »
1kg honeycomb certainly doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount to me, to have in one go. It would only be un-paleo if you were having it frequently.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 09, 2010, 02:25:02 am »
Hi guys,

I found Ray Mears's youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIR_WWelAQ&feature=more_related "Headwaters Of The Orinoco Ray Mears S2E3 part 1" wild tribe of South America. They eat palm hard and wild honey. It looks like all discussion around RP food are based on modern idea. From video it is obvious that human likes everything tasty without back-thought re diet restrictions  :D

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2010, 03:34:36 am »
Keep in mind.
Like all wild vs domesticated foods, wild honey is healthier, stronger in taste, and has more nutrients.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2010, 04:55:21 am »
RomanK is right. Every people that still gather wild foods gorge on honeycomb and grubcomb when it is available, such as the "Honey Men" of Africa, who ferment what they can't eat into mead.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
for dinner and breakfast I had 1 large fresh kidney with fat, and .5 lbs of frozen liver, both aged in the fridge somewhat. with 3 large Slankers bones. Still made it in time for Mc Donald's breakfast.

LOL! I enjoy the humor. Still, Tyler and GS have got a point. People are free to post about their sausage McMuffins in their journals and the hot topics area, so it doesn't seem like an onerous request to keep McMuffins, Big Macs and raw cheese out of here.

haha, yeah, I oddly agree that its the right move to seprate the threads I guess into various subforums. Although I also agree with michaelwh that the pretense that something like yuli's menu would be confusing to newbies - and the resulting conversation - is a bit more embarrassing and confusing. I think a little leway should have been fine, particularly if the foods were EITHER raw or 'paleo'. perhaps this will be my last food post here.

Yesterday I had 5 small 2-3 inch frozen bison bones, some aged blackened frozen liver,, some more aged fresh kidney, maybe < 1lb of chuck steak, some raw off-diet fatty cow block and a late meal of an entire Florida avocado with dulse and neolithic cabbage rotting in a jar. The latter is rare and seeing if it can help to gain some weight. I had three small red bananas the other night, still alive.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2010, 02:28:19 am »
I had a rare treat for lunch today; 5 egg yolks and a 3/4 pound swordfish steak. I've been eating a lot of suet lately and it got to sitting heavy so I'm giving myself a break for the weekend. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Sudeshmishra

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:46 pm »
Hello all,
I really like fruit and eggs.
It's juicy, light sweet, watery, it quenches thirst, and your hands get sticky.
I can eat 10 eggs at a time.
We have this every morning and every day while it is in season.
Then we move on to the next fruit in season.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2010, 03:59:38 am »
I had some REAL pine nuts from the pine cone, taaaaasty!
The pic. is blurry sorry, I am holding the cone and in my palm is the little pine nut in its shell.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2010, 01:40:52 am »
Florida marlin and Arizona diamondback. j/k I have no idea where the marlin was from.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2010, 12:38:56 pm »
dinner:

lamb kidney
venison jerky (home made)
pork stew meat

still felt hungry an hour later so ate a good amount of pecans and 3 small wild pears

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2010, 08:01:20 am »
Bison suet, bison stew meat, beef liver, bison jerky.
100% grass fed
all local from wisconsin

edit: this is my dinner tonight, only had a tad bit of jerky, i filled up pon frsh meat and liver and suet, then tried the jerky i made

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2010, 07:33:23 am »
bite the tongue that feeds you. or some jazz

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2010, 09:36:38 am »
I've actually been out my stash of fatty cow block and also awaiting on my Texas bulk, so I've been making due with what is locally accessible and some eggs I got at the farmers market. My protein (particularly ground meat) intake/percentage has skyrocketed.

one dinner here was >1 lb of ground bison with .75 lb liver, the other >.5lb bison with .75 lb liver. yesterday was the the >1 lb which was after my workout and was mega hungry. that day I also had >1lb of ground lamb! and 6 eggs in the morning. Today I had the same dinner but less ground, and only had the other half or so for lunch, with 2 small green pears later as a snack. I'm about to eat half of a large florida avocado with maybe some dulse and laver (seaweed). an hour before diner i ate a few hydroponic cucumbers as an experiment.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:32 am »
Bought stuff at the market so had to taste:

raw bone marrow
raw oysters
sea weed

had some papaya when I got home
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:10 am »
nice pics kd  ;)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:08 am »
fresh goose meat and organs, goose fat and bison back fat

Edit: i believe these must have been sought out by hunters,

the fat is delicious, the meat is amazing, the organs are fantastic, far from what i expected, 1,0000 times better than chicken

i guess that's wild game for ya  ;)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:41:09 am by Sully »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk